PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush vs. Vince Young (Preseason Clash)

scott
08-12-2006, 08:46 PM
At the half... it's TEN 10 NO 6.

Stats for the #2 and #3 picks at halftime:

Bush, 6 rushes 59 yards, 2 catches 10 yards
Young, 1/4 14 yards 0 TD 0 INT, 2 rushes 15 yards

Horry For 3!
08-12-2006, 08:49 PM
If you take away Bush's 44 yrd run, it is 5 rushes for 15 yards.

scott
08-12-2006, 08:52 PM
If you take away Vince's only completion he's 0-3. It's a moot point, Bush has a 44 yards run, Young has a completion. No "taking away" plays in football.

Horry For 3!
08-12-2006, 08:56 PM
If you take away Vince's only completion he's 0-3. It's a moot point, Bush has a 44 yards run, Young has a completion. No "taking away" plays in football.
Yes but just saying.

Spurologist
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
That's the dangerous thing about Bush. He can suck all game, but deliver a home run to pay dirt.

scott
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Looks like Reggie is done for the day, but Vince is still in.

3/8 37 yards, 3 rush 23 yards

No sign of Dough Boy LenDale

NorCal510
08-12-2006, 09:19 PM
mah nigga bush doin it live

scott
08-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Looks like Vince is done too.

Final line: 4/11 56 yards, 4 rushes 28 yards.

Is LenDale hurt, or just down to 5th on the depth chart already? He'll be a bust of Ron Dayne proportions in this league.

IceColdBrewski
08-12-2006, 09:51 PM

:lol :rolleyes

scott
08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Interesting note from the Saints-Titans game...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9598798

Saints QB hurt by collision with mascot

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 12, 2006) -- New Orleans quarterback Adrian McPherson went to the locker room early in the third quarter after a golf cart ridden by the Titans' mascot hit him at the end of halftime.

A Saints spokesman wasn't immediately available for an update on the quarterback, who's heading into his second season.

The mascot was riding on a golf cart and throwing items into the stands during halftime, and was heading off the field when the Saints were returning from their locker room for the third quarter.

The cart hit McPherson, who stayed on the field for a few minutes being checked out by a trainer on the sideline. He then walked off the field.

scott
08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Read on another message board Vince may be hurt... anyone know what happened?

ducks
08-12-2006, 10:42 PM
New Orleans 19, Tennessee 16
Preview - Box Score - Recap

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer
August 12, 2006

Tennessee Titans defensive end Antwan Odom (98) closes in on New Orleans Saints quarterback Jamie Martin (10) in the second quarter of their pre-season football game in Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006.
AP - Aug 12, 10:58 pm EDT
More Photos

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Reggie Bush looks every bit as good in the NFL as he did at Southern California.

Vince Young is a fan favorite, but needs to learn when to throw the ball away.

Todd Bouman tossed a 22-yard touchdown pass to Lance Moore with 3:30 left, and the Saints rallied for a 19-16 victory over the Tennessee Titans in coach Sean Payton's coaching debut.

Bush needed all of two carries to show why New Orleans took him with the second pick overall. Stopped behind the line while going to his left, the Heisman Trophy winner bounced out, turned right and zoomed past two Titans up the sideline for 44 yards to the Tennessee 24. He finished with 59 yards on six carries.

"He can bring big plays, and he had a couple of nice runs," New Orleans coach Sean Payton said.

Most Popular Music Searches on Yahoo!
BeyonceChristina AguileraKeyshia ColeChristina Milian
Janet Jackson Mariah Carey

John Carney and Connor Hughes each added a pair of field goals in a game featuring two of the top three picks in this year's draft.

Young, the No. 3 pick overall, showed off his strong arm by throwing a pass 50 yards in the air into the hands of Roydell Williams -- who couldn't hold on. He was 4-of-11 for 56 yards and ran four times for 28 yards.

The star out of Texas also failed to throw away the ball as he scrambled right looking for a receiver and ran out of bounds for a 6-yard loss in the fourth quarter for one of two sacks. He then scared the fans still left after Saints end Javon Norton yanked him down from behind.

Young walked gingerly to the bench and was examined by a team doctor. He watched the rest of the game from the bench.

Rob Bironas kicked three field goals, including a 48-yarder, and Travis Henry added a 1-yard touchdown for Tennessee. But with the Titans' defense unable to stop the Saints in the second half, it wasn't enough.

LenDale White, the third member of the trio from last January's Rose Bowl, didn't even dress for the Titans after spitting on a teammate Thursday. He had to stand on the bench for a better view after originally being slated for a quarter of playing time.

Billy Volek filled in well enough in his first start as the Titans' starter of the moment with Steve McNair now in Baltimore and Young waiting his turn on the bench. Volek was 4-of-7 for 55 yards and left early in the second quarter with a 10-6 lead.

Chris Brown, whose agent has threatened a walkout without a trade or extension, carried only nine times for 47 yards for Tennessee.

New Saints starter Drew Brees looked a little rusty early and settled down in completing 5 of 9 passes for 60 yards.

"I like what I saw, and it was important for Drew to get back on the field," Payton said.

Brees tossed a 9-yard pass to Bush when the Saints got an assist from Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones.

The cornerback celebrated stopping Bush at the sideline by jumping in the rookie's face, drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct even as Titans coach Jeff Fisher tried to intervene. Jones broke up a Brees pass to Chris Horn on third-and-7 at the Tennessee 8 to hold the Saints to a 26-yard Carney field goal.

"You've got to celebrate with your own guys," Fisher said. "There's a lot of things to learn from this."

Fillmoe
08-13-2006, 12:01 AM
http://x5.freeshare.us/118fs273518.gif

Fillmoe
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Looks like Reggie is done for the day, but Vince is still in.

3/8 37 yards, 3 rush 23 yards

No sign of Dough Boy LenDale

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/151f3da7-3729-475e-a7c9-60c2f0eb91b2.jpg

stretch
08-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Looks like Vince is done too.

Final line: 4/11 56 yards, 4 rushes 28 yards.

Is LenDale hurt, or just down to 5th on the depth chart already? He'll be a bust of Ron Dayne proportions in this league.
he got suspended for this game for spitting in a teammates face in practice or something like that.

scott
08-13-2006, 12:42 AM

Is that an old USC/Fresno State highlight??? :fro

Meanwhile... Mario Williams gets dominated by Willie Roaf's replacement.

There is a reason the Texans suck...

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 12:50 AM

...this is getting ridiculous. how about we just take away every big run Bush has ever had in a game? will that you make "you" guys happy? geez.... :rolleyes

Horry For 3!
08-13-2006, 01:06 AM
...this is getting ridiculous. how about we just take away every big run Bush has ever had in a game? will that you make "you" guys happy? geez.... :rolleyes
Why do people have to have long sigs that fuck up the forum?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Thanks, I was beginning to forget how fucking stupid the Texans were.

Fillmoe
08-13-2006, 02:06 AM

if you take away robert horry being in the right place at the right time he has 0 rings.......

Horry For 3!
08-13-2006, 02:42 AM
if you take away robert horry being in the right place at the right time he has 0 rings.......
Sour Kings fan? :lol

Fillmoe
08-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Sour Kings fan? :lol

nope, just trying to make you realize how dumb you sound.....

Extra Stout
08-13-2006, 12:09 PM
If you take away the 2006 Rose Bowl, Vince Young never won a national champiosnhip.

IceColdBrewski
08-13-2006, 12:47 PM
If there were any doubts about Bush's ability to perform at the NFL level, he just put em all to bed. Reversing the field on a totally busted play for a big gainer. Brings back memories of Barry Sanders. I'd be REALLY pissed right now if I were Texans fan.

Extra Stout
08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
If there were any doubts about Bush's ability to perform at the NFL level, he just put em all to bed. Reversing the field on a totally busted play for a big gainer. Brings back memories of Barry Sanders. I'd be REALLY pissed right now if I were Texans fan.
But... but... Mario Williams had one assist on a tackle!

cecil collins
08-13-2006, 03:03 PM
First off, Reggie burning that dude to the corner is the result of a terrible angle. I think better defenses would not have let that happen. Teams will coach the players not to run at him and to the corner, you have to cut him off. Big play threats are nice too, but in the NFL you need consistent yardage to win games. Reggie will never be the full time back. He is talented, and the NFL's ticket to LA, but very overrated.

Supreme Allah
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
First off, Reggie burning that dude to the corner is the result of a terrible angle. I think better defenses would not have let that happen. Teams will coach the players not to run at him and to the corner, you have to cut him off. Big play threats are nice too, but in the NFL you need consistent yardage to win games. Reggie will never be the full time back. He is talented, and the NFL's ticket to LA, but very overrated.

You haters are getting more and more rediculous.

cecil collins
08-13-2006, 03:23 PM
You haters are getting more and more rediculous.
How so? Did the defenders take good angles? Are we watching different video? Also, it's ironic that I am ridiculous, but you can't even spell your insult.

LB7
08-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Reggie Bush performed well. However, I will reserve judgement til after a full season. One run of 44 yards and then 5 runs of 12 yards total doesn't tell a whole lot. Every RB will break some but its consistency that will prove how good he can be in this league. Having said that, I will also reserve judgement for VY. We all know his learning curve is much steeper so yes he has a long way to go. 4 rushes for 28 yards is pretty good. The passing still needs work, but had Roydell Williams caught that 50 yarder, it would be a different statline. That was an awesome pass by VY that should have been a big gainer. I was worried about him but when I saw how he laid that ball in their just like he always did last year, it made me smile. Both did about how I thought they would do in their first ever NFL appearance. Time will tell.

cecil collins
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
And what was the deal with sportscenter showing a 3 yard run by Vince, and an 8 yard run. He had a 12 yard run that they didn't show. It's not like they showed Bush crumpling at the line for no gain.

LB7
08-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Exactly. VY averaged 7 yards a carry. Had freakin' Roydell not let that beautiful pass go through his hands, Vince would have been 5-11 for 106 (and thats not counting the yac). We'll just have to wait and see.

cecil collins
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Exactly. VY averaged 7 yards a carry. Had freakin' Roydell not let that beautiful pass go through his hands, Vince would have been 5-11 for 106 (at least without that yac). We'll just have to wait and see.
The guy has a lot to learn, and I expect him to have some struggles reading coverages early on. He won't start until next year, barring injury or terrible play by Volek. I expect him to be decent his first year at the helm, while making some mistakes, and then his second year, watch out.

LB7
08-13-2006, 03:48 PM
The guy has a lot to learn, and I expect him to have some struggles reading coverages early on. He won't start until next year, barring injury or terrible play by Volek. I expect him to be decent his first year at the helm, while making some mistakes, and then his second year, watch out.
You're absolutely right. No one with any smarts should have thought he would come in his first year and light it up. It will take time, but watching him loft that perfect 50 yarder and run well just shows the guy can be a force in years to come. It will take time and much work, but he has the skills and heart to do it.

Spurologist
08-13-2006, 04:31 PM

the haterade for Bush is sickening. Fucked up plays are the mark of many teams in the league. Tackling is not where it used to be years ago. Yes good defenses will make it tough but you can pretty that for every running back. Bad Angle?? WTF? Is that your arguement? What if the supposed tackler got there and Bush cut back inside and still gained the same yardage, what would you say. Better defenders would not let that happen? Please.

If you have a beef with Bush, just say it. Don't go off on fucked up tangents on how Bush is not ready for league and better defenders would tackle him. Bush might one of the best multi-purpose player in a long time. He's gifted and has all the tools to be a great player for a long time to come. That talent will make his adjustment period so much simpler. Just appreciate the talent or declare your haterade for the player.

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 04:33 PM
How so? Did the defenders take good angles? Are we watching different video? Also, it's ironic that I am ridiculous, but you can't even spell your insult.
cuz u a fuckin dumbass

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Reggie Bush performed well. However, I will reserve judgement til after a full season. One run of 44 yards and then 5 runs of 12 yards total doesn't tell a whole lot. Every RB will break some but its consistency that will prove how good he can be in this league. Having said that, I will also reserve judgement for VY. We all know his learning curve is much steeper so yes he has a long way to go. 4 rushes for 28 yards is pretty good. The passing still needs work, but had Roydell Williams caught that 50 yarder, it would be a different statline. That was an awesome pass by VY that should have been a big gainer. I was worried about him but when I saw how he laid that ball in their just like he always did last year, it made me smile. Both did about how I thought they would do in their first ever NFL appearance. Time will tell.

actually it was 5 carries for 15 yards, and the one for 44. btw, the angle on him was not that bad at all...he just blew by the guy making him look stupid.

...the vince young pass reminds me every other pass that gets dropped by WRs. it happens. however, vy should not be judged by this game...and though i think he will be horrible this year. it is not fair to judge him for, i'd say, about 3 years. who knows...

Dre_7
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM

Bad angles? Wow. :lol Just lookin for every excuss huh? So what about when USC defenders took bad angles on VY? What does that mean?? Hmmm???

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
If you take away electricity, I never have to read some of these stupid posts.

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 07:28 PM
If you take away electricity, I never have to read some of these stupid posts.
den id have to go back to da jerk chicken

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-13-2006, 07:34 PM
den id have to go back to da jerk chicken

The prosecution rests, your Honor.

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 07:38 PM
The prosecution rests, your Honor.
wtf dat mean

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
wtf dat mean

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/1568848609.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/1568848609.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://la.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/08/kkk.jpgyrqzfl.jpg

Spurologist
08-13-2006, 07:48 PM
johngateswhiteley,

please remove some your usc flags on your sig, so SpursTalk pages aren't fucked up.

Search inside. :lol

Mr Dio
08-13-2006, 07:52 PM
johngateswhiteley,

please remove some your usc flags on your sig, so SpursTalk pages aren't fucked up.

Search inside. :lol

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Weird, his sig just moves to the next line and doesn't change the dimensions of my Spurstalk window at all.

scott
08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
BTW... that was a very nice bomb that Vince threw. Can't really speak to any of his other passes, since that's the only one SportsCenter decided to throw. I'm looking forward to seeing how he throws the 15 yard out.

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 08:03 PM
scott take those mothafuckin faggots off dat sig

mookie2001
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
did any of yall see that TD ball the bucs receiver dropped against the redskins in the playoffs?, Roydell Williams made that chode look like Art Monk

and its going to a really lame nfl season if we're going to compare vy and bush all year

scott
08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
scott take those mothafuckin faggots off dat sig

Go fuck a goat, eminem

scott
08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
According to Peter King... Jeff Fisher is saying that he'd like to get Vince playing sooner than most people thing, possibly by the opener, playing in a series or two per half. That would force opposing D coordinators to prepare for 2 different style QBs.

(That was my paraphrasing from the NBC Sunday Night game)

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
johngateswhiteley,

1. get a new computer or change your text
2. i can't help it that USC has 11 national championships in football

Spurologist
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
1. get a new computer or change your text
2. i can't help it that USC has 11 national championships in football

1. My computer is fine, but it responds to internet lunacy.
2. There are many ways to show USC has 11 ships. Since I'm guessing you can count. Try to count to eleven and tell me what you get. Once you get that number in your head, you can put it in your sig instead of flags and avoid fucking up SpursTalk pages.

Thank You very much, Johnny.

cecil collins
08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
the haterade for Bush is sickening.

You haters are getting more and more rediculous
Funny how if you think Bush is overrated, you are a hater. Did it ever occur to you that you are the hater for you intolerance of an opinion outside the ESPN hype machine?

Spurologist
08-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Funny how if you think Bush is overrated, you are a hater. Did it ever occur to you that you are the hater for you intolerance of an opinion outside the ESPN hype machine?

:lol you might want to analyze your post. You bring out the old terrible camera angle excuse. Nice. Then say coaches will teach players to defend him and toatally forgetting that Bush is gifted off of his feet. Even better

Instead of saying it was a great play, you say he's overrated. Best yet. That's called haterade. It's not you saying that he's overrated but how you said it. Open your eyes.

the critical or for a better word dumbass points are highlighted in bold.

Fillmoe
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM

you forgot to hightlight this one

"Reggie will never be the full time back."

LB7
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
you forgot to hightlight this one

"Reggie will never be the full time back."
That is still to be determined.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
God damn Horry makes UT fans look like idiots..

Guys it was preseason, bush had a good game, but him saying he's going to succeed based on a preseason game is premature. We'll need an entire season to truely gauge either player.

cecil collins
08-15-2006, 11:17 PM
:lol you might want to analyze your post. You bring out the old terrible camera angle excuse. Nice. Then say coaches will teach players to defend him and toatally forgetting that Bush is gifted off of his feet. Even better

Instead of saying it was a great play, you say he's overrated. Best yet. That's called haterade. It's not you saying that he's overrated but how you said it. Open your eyes.

Just keeping mimicking what ESPN tells you, ass. The guy took a terrible angle, Bush is good, but vastly overrated, and that's the truth. He is a talent, but he'll never carry a team like the great ones do. I imagine ESPN will tell you all about it in a couple years.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
08-16-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm interested to see Bush running towards Roy Williams next monday

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
...the vince young pass reminds me every other pass that gets dropped by WRs. it happens. however, vy should not be judged by this game...and though i think he will be horrible this year. it is not fair to judge him for, i'd say, about 3 years. who knows...

All VY did is win games & win the O-ROY...THIS YEAR. :smokin

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
All VY did is win games & win the O-ROY...THIS YEAR. :smokin

his team did fine, but he WAS horrible. he had, i believe, the worst QB rating of any starter and was about last in completion %. don't confuse the team's successes with his own.

LB7
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
his team did fine, but he WAS horrible. he had, i believe, the worst QB rating of any starter and was about last in completion %. don't confuse the team's successes with his own.
Apparently, 23 out of 50 voters disagreed with you. Oh, but I forgot, you are the authority on success in the NFL. Wins are all that matters and the guy is a winner...when you win, the rest can be learned. Its the "it" and he has it.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
As long as Leinart is winning the overall yardage battle, JGW is happy.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Apparently, 23 out of 50 voters disagreed with you. Oh, but I forgot, you are the authority on success in the NFL. Wins are all that matters and the guy is a winner...when you win, the rest can be learned. Its the "it" and he has it.

we'll see.

LB7
01-03-2007, 11:24 PM
The guy has his teammates believing in him. He has their trust and they all come to play for him. The offensive linemen never quit on a play because they want to be ready to block for him downfield. Watched the Bills game and it was beautiful. On the 4th and 2 before half-time, the line kinda stopped to see what he was going to do and once he took off, so did they. Selling out to block.

He is the leader and everyone bought into it. All you have to do is look at his completion percentage go up from his first few games starting to during that winning streak. Then, you tell me if his play had nothing to do with it. He improved in every area during that streak. He will only continue to improve as he learns more about playing in the pro game. The guy has everything you can't teach and he made a below average team believe in him and perform over their heads for the last half of the season. You can keep denying it, but you will only continue looking like the idiot that Salisbury and Jaws make Hoge look like everytime he refuses to acknowledge the greatness that is VY.

He has proven everyone wrong in just his rookie year and that pisses you off I know. He will have ups and downs but its no surprise that when people watched the Titans this year, it was to see what Vince might do this week. He is a true leader and thats what matters most at the QB position. When you get your teammates to trust in you, great things can happen. Show me a QB no one respects and his team will not come to play for him and protect him. Pass coverages and defenses can be taught...leadership cannot.

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 12:15 AM

VY judged by same criteria as most QBs, WINs & SB rings. :smokin

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 12:16 AM
we'll see.

You gotta stay on the field in order to play & Matty Pooh just doesn't have the toughness EVIDENTLY. :lol