PDA

View Full Version : FA Community Shield - Liverpool vs Chelsea

Duncan21
08-13-2006, 06:14 AM
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=409243&CPID=38&clid=14&lid=2&title=Community+Shield+preview

kick off is 15:00 British and Irish time which i think is 09:00 San Antonio time.

Liverpool are gonna kick ass im gonna say 3-1 to liverpool! :smokin :fro

Duncan21
08-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Liverpool have put out a much weakend team as Rafa wants to rest them after the champions league game in midweek. Gerrard, Alonso, Hyypia and Bellamy the main players being rested.

Chelsea put out a strong team with Shevchenko and Ballack making there competitive debuts.

Liverpool will still kick their ass!!!!!!!!!

Duncan21
08-13-2006, 11:07 AM
liverpool win 2-1, Riise with a the first goal he ran the whole pitch and shot from way outside the box, shevchenko pulled one back and with 10 mins remaining Crouch won it for 'pool :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

darrenbatty
08-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Awesome game by Liverpool... Kind of had a flashback to the Rocky 4 movie..
He's not a machine! He's a man!
With the team Liverpool came out with to begin the match with and still dominate Chelsea for most of the game atleast makes the season more interesting.. Someone to take the fight to Chelsea..
Go Reds...

T-Pain
08-19-2006, 01:39 AM
dumb question but who is all on liverpools team?

Duncan21
08-19-2006, 03:24 AM
here is the full liverpool first team squad http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/

its hard to say who will be a regular starter as the premiership season only starts today and liverpool have been busy in the transfer market and people will be fighting for their first team place

but here is my first team:

GK Pepe Reina

RWB Steve Finnan
CD Jamie Carragher
CD Sami Hyypia
LWB John Arne Riise

RW Steven Gerrard - not a right winger but it doesn't matter because stevie drifts everywhere and Finnan will provide cover for him on the right
CM Xabi Alonso
CM Momo Sissoko
LW Mark Gonzalez

ST Craig Bellamy
ST Peter Crouch / Dirk Kuyt - liverpool secured the sighning of him yesterday, i haven't seen much of him so i can't judge but he is a highly talked about player

A strong team which WILL win the Priemiership this season!!!!!!!!!

darrenbatty
08-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I think they will play a 4-5-1 away from home and a 4-4-2 at home and against weaker opposition..
In the 4-5-1 they will play Pennant-Gerrard-Sissoko-Alonso-Gonzalez/Aurelio with Crouch on his own up front..
In the 4-4-2 I think they play Kuyt and Bellamy up front and rotate between Pennant/Gerrard on the right wing and Alonso/Gerrard/Sissoko in the middle.