PDA

View Full Version : If Current NYT Editors Were In Charge in 1943

Extra Stout
08-13-2006, 07:21 PM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/NYT_Warsaw_uprising_editors.gif (http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=797)

whottt
08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4439/wwiinewspaper03um6.jpg

This one is real...

whottt
08-13-2006, 07:32 PM
BTW, you don't have to get made up anti war articles from WWII...

There are plenty of real ones and they sound exactly like the anti-war crew we have now.

mookie2001
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
peace through war

scott
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
During WW2, Jews were victims of a crazed Austrian's demented vision.

In 2006, Israel is an aggressor fighting against a crazier aggressor. I don't see the parallel outside of the fact that both the Nazis and Hezbollah are sick and demented.

Whatever conservative blog graphics help you sleep though, we all know the only way liberals get any sleep is with cute cartoons so it's par for the course.

mookie2001
08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I would like to see a roll call of how many of yall actually arent chickenhawks

VASHNER -- that's 1.

Extra Stout
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
I would like to see a roll call of how many of yall actually arent chickenhawks

VASHNER -- that's 1.
Did you really take time out of the Victoria County Texas Football Fans circlejerk to post that?

mookie2001
08-13-2006, 10:05 PM
You Have Been Chode Bloaded I Saiiiiiddddddddd and its Calhoun County, but now I've moved back to Travis

whottt
08-13-2006, 10:19 PM
peace through war

peace through bending over[/lib]

Go make peace with a rabid dog.....it's the same thing.

boutons_
08-13-2006, 10:21 PM
The phony Iraq war is a fucking disaster.
Totally indefensible. And totally impeachable.

Millions of US citizens who gave the Repugs the benefit of the doubt on before the fiasco have now seen they their trust was betrayed.

The great fault admitted by the press was that it wasn't tough enough on the Repugs lies before the war.

You assholes go back 60 years to demonize the NYT, because you can't mount any defense of the Repugs and their phony Iraq war.

dickhead and Lieberman say people who voted for Lamont give comfort to Osama, because dickhead and Lieberman don't have a fucking clue how to terminate the shit they started in Iraq.

Extra Stout
08-13-2006, 10:24 PM

Millions of US citizens who gave the Repugs the benefit of the doubt on before the fiasco have now seen they their trust was betrayed.

The great fault admitted by the press was that it wasn't tough enough on the Repugs lies before the war.

You assholes go back 60 years to demonize the NYT, because you can't mount any defense of the Repugs and their phony Iraq war.

dickhead and Lieberman say people who voted for Lamont give comfort to Osama, because dickhead and Lieberman don't have a fucking clue how to terminate the shit they started in Iraq.
Slow down, you're on auto-retort. That particular piece of satire has nothing to do with the Iraq war.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-13-2006, 10:33 PM

What does the war in Iraq have to do with Hezbollah trying to kill all the Jews?

Oh my bad, didn't realize croutons was on auto-reply again.

whottt
08-13-2006, 10:41 PM
no wonder chumpdumper dumps you with such great ease

In your opinion...

You are also of the opinion that a 97% literacy rate is a good excuse for a communist military dictatorship in which personal freedoms are non-existent, and people must live in captivity escaping only at risk of death...

Basically...ehhh...never mind.

Some things can't be cured.

I just hope you find your way to Cubtopia soon...it's easy to get in you know.

whottt
08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Speaking of literacy rates...

There's about 4.7 billion declarations by Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, Hamas and Iran that they want to wipe Israel and the Jews off the face of the earth...and yet idiots still think all they want is some kind of peace settlement...even though they are time and time again the group that attacks and say in no uncertain terms that their goal is the destruction of Israel.

America= 99% literacy rate per 2003.

Literacy aint everything.

Nbadan
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
America= 99% literacy rate per 2003.

Literacy aint everything.

So America ain't everything?

Nbadan
08-14-2006, 12:31 AM
There's about 4.7 billion declarations by Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, Hamas and Iran that they want to wipe Israel and the Jews off the face of the earth...and yet idiots still think all they want is some kind of peace settlement...even though they are time and time again the group that attacks and say in no uncertain terms that their goal is the destruction of Israel.

It's amazing to me how little, besides the usual GOP talking points, you know about the Middle East and U.S. history in the region, but you still like to sound type like you are the authority on M.E.- U.S./Palestinian-Israeli relations.

When crazy white folk like Pastor Hagee and some of the chicken-hawks in this forum say things like they want Iran wiped off the map everyone with any common sense rolls their eyes and says quietly to themselves, 'there goes John again' and then millions of other easily manipulated Americans buy his films, his sermons, his books, and donate to his pro-Israel 'charities' to the tune of millions per year. Why? Because Hagee knows that nothing makes people more sympathetic and apt to open their wallets wider than malipulation and fear.

In Iran there has been in recent years, a growing discontent with Irans Ayatollahs and religious leaders. Younger Iranians want a secular government and moderation, but the Ayatollahs want to hold onto their power, especially when setting Shira law to regulate personal behavior. So the Iranian government uses fear and threats on Israel, much like Hagee does with his flock with Iran, to garner sympathy, political support and money.

whottt
08-14-2006, 04:58 PM
So America ain't everything?

It's better than anywhere in the middle east...or Cuba.

whottt
08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
It's amazing to me how little, besides the usual GOP talking points, you know about the Middle East and U.S. history in the region, but you still like to sound type like you are the authority on M.E.- U.S./Palestinian-Israeli relations.

That's laughable.

When crazy white folk like Pastor Hagee and some of the chicken-hawks in this forum say things like they want Iran wiped off the map everyone with any common sense rolls their eyes and says quietly to themselves, 'there goes John again' and then millions of other easily manipulated Americans buy his films, his sermons, his books, and donate to his pro-Israel 'charities' to the tune of millions per year. Why? Because Hagee knows that nothing makes people more sympathetic and apt to open their wallets wider than malipulation and fear.

That's fine...but Hagee doesn't have followers that go and strap bombs to themselves to kill civillians.

Nor is he the leader of a country.

I know you don't see any difference...but there is one.

In Iran there has been in recent years, a growing discontent with Irans Ayatollahs and religious leaders. Younger Iranians want a secular government and moderation, but the Ayatollahs want to hold onto their power, especially when setting Shira law to regulate personal behavior. So the Iranian government uses fear and threats on Israel, much like Hagee does with his flock with Iran, to garner sympathy, political support and money.

In recent years?

Since day 1 of the Islamic Revolution people have thought it sucked...the majority.

The problem is that they can't do anything about it, yet...and if it's a choice of us or them...sorry....sucks to be them.

JoeChalupa
08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
What I find interesting is how many pro-war people are crowding the recruiting offices around the Country. Couch Commandos. :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
And the bullshit about liberals not wanting to defend America just pisses me off. :cuss There are plenty of conservatives questioning the war in Iraq too.

I'm all for a strong USA!

08-14-2006, 07:16 PM
What I find interesting is how many pro-war people are crowding the recruiting offices around the Country. Couch Commandos. :rolleyes

Couch Commando :lol

Nicely played

whottt
08-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Well who do you think is crowding the recruiting offices?

It's damn sure not the anti-war crowd...he'll, it's too much to even ask them to rally the troops, they'd rather sit here, bitch, burn their non-existant draft cards and give aid, comfort and a morale boost to the terrorists.

08-14-2006, 07:35 PM

It's damn sure not the anti-war crowd...he'll, it's too much to even ask them to rally the troops, they'd rather sit here, bitch, burn their non-existant draft cards and give aid, comfort and a morale boost to the terrorists.

Just curious.

What branch of service did you serve with Whott?

whottt
08-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Just curious.

What branch of service did you serve with Whott?

I didn't...

Your point?

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 04:42 AM

So I guess it is do as I say and not as I do? I talk to so many pro-war people who are so gung-ho until I ask them if they've served or are going to enlist....."crickets chirping*....

When you don't walk the talk and would rather sit here and bitch but yet are not willing to back it up it is also giving aid, comfort and a morale boost to the terrorists. No?

Major props for Sennator John McCain's son who knows how to walk the talk.

sabar
08-15-2006, 06:39 AM
It's a lot easier to say you're anti-war and live on your everyday life than to say you're pro-war and risk dying young. And yes, you can easily get killed in a non-combatant role in a hostile area.

With that said, how many of you who blindly support your political party contribute and campaign for them? You run for public office lately?

Couch politics? I think so.

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
It's a lot easier to say you're anti-war and live on your everyday life than to say you're pro-war and risk dying young. And yes, you can easily get killed in a non-combatant role in a hostile area.

With that said, how many of you who blindly support your political party contribute and campaign for them? You run for public office lately?

Couch politics? I think so.

Talk is easy, period. I never vote straight ticket but I do volunteer during elections for the candidate that I support. I'd vote for McCain for president with no problems.

whottt
08-15-2006, 01:32 PM
So I guess it is do as I say and not as I do? I talk to so many pro-war people who are so gung-ho until I ask them if they've served or are going to enlist....."crickets chirping*....

I tried to join right after September 11th and could not get medical clearance to join.

When you don't walk the talk and would rather sit here and bitch but yet are not willing to back it up it is also giving aid, comfort and a morale boost to the terrorists. No?

Major props for Sennator John McCain's son who knows how to walk the talk.

No, the terrorists are bullies and they have a bully's mindset....they attack weakness.

And furthermore...

Once the decision has been made to send our troops, something that required the approval of congress to do....the war should not be politicized.

It is the absolute worst in politics that this war has become a pivotal political issue and a party identifier...it's a first in our history and it's a disgrace.

I understand a lot of people don't like W...I just can't believe they hate him more than they love our country.

And if you really want to argue this...I can find qutes from former Soviet Officials and Vietnamese officials that Anti-war protests were a part of their strategy for winning the Vietnam War.

And finally...

Our military is all volunteer...this is not Vietnam. The guys that are joining and continue to join know full well what they are getting into.

And if they don't...then it's their fault for joining.

Extra Stout
08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
It is the absolute worst in politics that this war has become a pivotal political issue and a party identifier...it's a first in our history and it's a disgrace.
Vietnam, anyone?

whottt
08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Vietnam, anyone?

A Democratic President sent us to Vietnam Fullscale...

Who do you think the protesters and draft card burners were? The moral majority?

Being pro or anti-war wasn't the dividing line between the parties...

Extra Stout
08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
A Democratic President sent us to Vietnam Fullscale...

Who do you think the protesters and draft card burners were? The moral majority?

Being pro or anti-war wasn't the dividing line between the parties...
McGovern, 1972?

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I tried to join right after September 11th and could not get medical clearance to join.

:tu

No, the terrorists are bullies and they have a bully's mindset....they attack weakness.

And furthermore...

Once the decision has been made to send our troops, something that required the approval of congress to do....the war should not be politicized.

I understand a lot of people don't like W...I just can't believe they hate him more than they love our country.

And if you really want to argue this...I can find qutes from former Soviet Officials and Vietnamese officials that Anti-war protests were a part of their strategy for winning the Vietnam War.

And finally...

Our military is all volunteer...this is not Vietnam. The guys that are joining and continue to join know full well what they are getting into.

And if they don't...then it's their fault for joining.

But just because the war was approved by congress does not mean, at least to me, that one should blindly support it. If one feels it is wrong they should not speak out?

And the fact is I do love my Country more than Bush and that is why I won't blindly follow his every word just like I didn't follow Clinton's. I support the Iraq war because once we invaded there was no turning back and our military deserve and demand our respect. War atrocities will happen and that is just a fact of war. Not an excuse but just a fact and anyone who commits a war crime must be punished to the full extent of UCOMJ even if it leads to the highest ranks...which it rarely does.

And I totally agree with you on the Volunteer military. Don't sign the line just because you liked the nice Army commercial about how much college money you'll get. Be fully prepared to go into battle at any time.

I think it is disgrace when someone is too weak to speak out because they will be accused of being "unpatriotic".

whottt
08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
McGovern, 1972?

Nope.

Just an individual candidates stance...not wholesale politicization.

NASCARdad
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
:tu

But just because the war was approved by congress does not mean, at least to me, that one should blindly support it. If one feels it is wrong they should not speak out?

And the fact is I do love my Country more than Bush and that is why I won't blindly follow his every word just like I didn't follow Clinton's. I support the Iraq war because once we invaded there was no turning back and our military deserve and demand our respect. War atrocities will happen and that is just a fact of war. Not an excuse but just a fact and anyone who commits a war crime must be punished to the full extent of UCOMJ even if it leads to the highest ranks...which it rarely does.

And I totally agree with you on the Volunteer military. Don't sign the line just because you liked the nice Army commercial about how much college money you'll get. Be fully prepared to go into battle at any time.

I think it is disgrace when someone is too weak to speak out because they will be accused of being "unpatriotic".

You liberal yellowbacks make me sick!

RandomGuy
08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
During WW2, Jews were victims of a crazed Austrian's demented vision.

In 2006, Israel is an aggressor fighting against a crazier aggressor. I don't see the parallel outside of the fact that both the Nazis and Hezbollah are sick and demented.

Whatever conservative blog graphics help you sleep though, we all know the only way liberals get any sleep is with cute cartoons so it's par for the course.

(laughs)

Touche.

Peace through satire?

Nbadan
08-18-2006, 02:43 AM
What a wingnut sees when he reads the NY Times (http://rightwingnytimes.cf.huffingtonpost.com/)