PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to George W. Bush

foodie2
10-22-2004, 03:25 PM
I thought this was very powerful--for those of you who think that W will "keep us safe", another perspective...

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/102304Y.shtml

whottt
10-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Honestly? I feel this woman's pain, and it had an impct on me the first 2.3 billion times I read this type of story, but enough is enough. It's obvious she is greiving and is looking for any excuse she can to blame Bush.

He waited 7 whole minutes? He should blow his head off for doing that. Then this woman would feel better.

He took a vacation a month before the attacks? He should mutilate himself for that, then this woman would feel better.

The US Spirited the BinLaden's out of America right after the attacks? Funny if were behind 911 you'd think we would have thought of doing it before the attacks. Well before.

Someone needs to ask her how she feels about Michael Moore tapping her pain to the tune of 200 million dollars and then gloating about it.

Uncle Donnie
10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
FahrenHype 911 pretty much blows the 7 minute thing out of the water as a valid criticism.

CrazyOne
10-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Yes, and Kerry had an interview where he said that he and several other high ranking Demos in the office (Kennedy, Daschle, etc) sat around for more than half an hour without a coherent thought after the second plane hit.

whottt
10-22-2004, 06:58 PM
That's got to be a lie Crazyone...I gurantee you Kennedy's first thoughts were to start swimming.

Nbadan
10-23-2004, 01:56 AM
FahrenHype 911 pretty much blows the 7 minute thing out of the water as a valid criticism.

I thought so too, but I rewatched F/911 and the movie says around 7 minutes, not exactly 7 minutes. I believe the figure Fhype/911 quotes is a little over 5 and a half minutes. The real difference, I imagine is really very negligable, but did W really have to stick around for another 10 minutes asking the class questions?
Especially given the nature and threat of attack that were taking place?

I mean, the Saratoga airport was just a few miles away and Miami International less than a hour, and there W was on a very widely-known photo opt in the middle of terrorists central. His convey didn't leave the school until 9:35- 9:45, depending on your source.

Marcus Bryant
10-23-2004, 10:08 AM
The failure on 9/11 was a system failure. If Clinton or Gore were Pres then it would have been the same thing. I would not have faulted them for their actions on that day because the decisions that led to that mistake were made over the course of years, if not decades. Certainly not minutes like crystal meth using partisans suggest.