PDA

View Full Version : Inside Man

AlamoSpursFan
08-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Damn good flick.

I had no idea Spike Lee directed it until the opening credits. I normally don't go out of my way to see his movies, but the ones I've seen I've generally enjoyed. I mainly rented it because of Denzel. Not his best work, but it's definitely near the top.

Rented it from the dollar movie machine at H-E-B, but I'm definitely adding it to my personal collection next time I'm in Best Buy.

Fillmoe
08-14-2006, 12:44 AM
yah i saw it a while ago its a really good movie.... denzel is that DUDE!

CuckingFunt
08-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Denzel was great, but I'd have to say that Clive Owen was equally good. He's impressed me in every film I've seen him in.

Fillmoe
08-14-2006, 12:55 AM
yah clive owen killed it too......

T Park
08-14-2006, 01:03 AM
I wonder if Denzel still thinks "The White man" is holding him down.

J.T.
08-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Movie was pretty sweet. Rented it and watched it at work the other day. I like how it all came together in the end like that. Clive Owen was fucking excellent though, that guy is really impressive.

polandprzem
08-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Damn it should be Russell Crow winning the Oscar

leemajors
08-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Denzel was great, but I'd have to say that Clive Owen was equally good. He's impressed me in every film I've seen him in.

derailed sucked, bad.

CuckingFunt
08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
derailed sucked, bad.
Derailed was fucking awful, but he wasn't bad in it. He gave a fairly subdued and believeable performance despite having shit to work with.

CharlieMac
08-14-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm watching it now.....

Phenomanul
08-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Great heist movie....

leemajors
08-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Derailed was fucking awful, but he wasn't bad in it. He gave a fairly subdued and believeable performance despite having shit to work with.

don't get me wrong, i like owen. but he wasn't great in king arthur either. he was awesome in croupier though, and is getting some good roles.

CharlieMac
08-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I wonder if Denzel still thinks "The White man" is holding him down.

You've got issues with Spike Lee obviously.

It was a great movie. Everyone gave excellent performances from Christopher Plummer, to Denzel, Jodie Foster, Clive Owen, William Defoe, and even that cop that called that kid that shot him a spic. Great movie.

I need to try one of those HEB rental machines too.

AlamoSpursFan
08-14-2006, 09:53 PM
I need to try one of those HEB rental machines too.

They're pretty handy, the only problem is you can't rent movies and then have someone else drop them off. You have to put the same credit/debit card back in the machine when you return them. That and they have a VERY limited supply of each title.

I also rented Glory Road which I also HIGHLY recommend if you're one of the slowpokes like me who hasn't seen it yet.

Took those two back and got 16 Blocks and Munich neither of which I've sat down to watch yet.

slayermin
08-15-2006, 12:42 AM
The only thing I didn't get was the end of the movie. Why didn't Christopher Plummer's character check the safety deposit box before the cops? He had an entire week to check it.

Overall, good film. Clive Owen was incredible. The first time I saw Clive Owen was in those BMW Films a few years back.

T Park
08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
You've got issues with Spike Lee obviously.

:lol

No i have a problem with people who say outlandish stuff like Denzel has said.

Fillmoe
08-15-2006, 02:58 AM
They're pretty handy, the only problem is you can't rent movies and then have someone else drop them off. You have to put the same credit/debit card back in the machine when you return them. That and they have a VERY limited supply of each title.

I also rented Glory Road which I also HIGHLY recommend if you're one of the slowpokes like me who hasn't seen it yet.

Took those two back and got 16 Blocks and Munich neither of which I've sat down to watch yet.

dont waste your time on munich.... 16 blocks is good though.... mos def did his thing in that movie

Insomniac
08-15-2006, 03:49 AM
:lol

No i have a problem with people who say outlandish stuff like Denzel has said.

Have you ever read some of your own posts?

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 05:05 AM
The only thing I didn't get was the end of the movie. Why didn't Christopher Plummer's character check the safety deposit box before the cops? He had an entire week to check it.

Overall, good film. Clive Owen was incredible. The first time I saw Clive Owen was in those BMW Films a few years back.

Damn it! I hate spoilers.

slayermin
08-15-2006, 05:32 AM
Damn it! I hate spoilers.

My bad. I thought most people have seen it by now.

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 06:28 AM
My bad. I thought most people have seen it by now.

No prob. I already forgot what I read. :smokin

MaNuMaNiAc
08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
been wanting to see that movie for quite a while now, just never get around to it