PDA

View Full Version : CNN Gets Called out For Biased Coverage

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm shocked.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3291328,00.html

Highly unbalanced report mostly ignores plight of Israeli civilians, portrays Israelis as soldiers and politicians in suits, while coverage from Lebanon features in-depth interviews with Lebanese civilians and images of children and ruins; no mention of large number of Israelis displaced from their homes in north

JoeChalupa
08-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Those bastards!! Who do they think they are...FoxNews?

RandomGuy
08-15-2006, 10:47 AM
CNN coverage included both sides of the conflict. I remember seeing embedded journalists in Israeli military units, but never saw similar with Hezbullah units, just as an example.

If anything CNN coverage was tilted towards Israel.

Ynet news is hardly a paragon of balance on the topic, as a quick glance at their opinion page readily suggests. I would be willing to bet money that ynet news would not be satisfied by any depiction of the non-Israeli side of this conflict that was less than scathing. If ynet news was so worried about balance, I would hope that they would start with themselves.

MannyIsGod
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Are you serious? I mean do you really look at stuff on that link and think that they're some kind of authority on objective perspectives?

midgetonadonkey
08-15-2006, 12:17 PM
All media outlets are biased.

George Gervin's Afro
08-15-2006, 12:32 PM
what i find humerous is when i hear from the talk radio circuit and faux news that the mainstream media is biased......i wonder who benefits most from continually harping on the bias of the media.....yep you got it talk radio and faux news.. i find that both of these outlets are the last people we should listen to when it comes to judging if the media is biased.... imagine if company A and company B sold the same product...company A promotes the notion that company B sucks... why because they benefit from attacking them in hopes people will buy their product and turn away from Company B's products...

can you say conflict of interest?