PDA

View Full Version : Why Are People In Florida So Angry?

Nbadan
08-17-2006, 12:16 AM
3 of the top 10 Angry cities is in Florida, including Orlando at #1

A study conducted by Men's Health magazine has found that Orlando, Fla., ranks No. 1 on a list of the angriest cities in the nation.
Top 100: Angriest Cities

"Orlando has never been a strategic military target, and yet the folks there are furious," the magazine said.
The magazine looked at the percentage of men with high blood pressure, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and FBI rates for aggravated assaults, as well as workplace deaths from assaults and other violence.
Those numbers were compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Top 10 Angriest Cities

1-Orlando, Fla.---------(I'd be pissed to if I spent my day at the Magic Kingdom and not Epcot!)
2-St. Petersburg, Fla.
3-Detroit
4-Baltimore
5-Nashville, Tenn.
6-Wilmington, Del.
7-Miami
8-Memphis, Tenn.
9-Jacksonville, Fla.
10-St.Louis

Men's Health magazine (http://www.wsmv.com/health/9682434/detail.html)

I think I figured out why...

http://billmon.org/archives/jeb.jpg

Macaca!!

San Antonio is number 60, :rolleyes Pleaze! I'm pretty angry!! :madrun

jochhejaam
08-19-2006, 07:31 AM
I just visited relatives in Clermont and Seminole and although I wouldn't classify them as "angry", they do have legitimate issues in the state that would be cause for consternation.
Their problem (my cousin's a stockbroker, in-laws are retired) is not being able to get insurance for their houses or having to pay huge premiums to a State run Insurance Agency because many Insurers left the state after the hurricanes over the last two years left them in financial ruins.
The articles I read in the St. Petersburg Times stated that the State run Insurer raised premiums 3-4 times their previous rates and told them to expect a similar rate increase next year.
Condium purchases in St Pete went from 180 in July of last year to 33 in July of this year. My in-laws home is paid for but their insurance premium and taxes could eventually rival what they paid prior to paying off their home.

It's difficult/impossible to broker a mortgage because, obviously, financial institutions require insurance as a prequisite for a loan.

thispego
08-19-2006, 11:19 AM
leave it to a bible-thumping governor to raise the prices of condiums

zero signal
08-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Damn!

I wonder how three of the top pissed off cities in the U.S. + that "stand your ground (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law)" law is working out.

:wow

2centsworth
08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Miami is the worst.

Jelly
08-20-2006, 07:36 AM
I think there's a problem with the methodology. I've travelled to a lot of places and lived in DC for a few years. Washington DC is BY FAR the most pissed off city in the nation...and I'm not talking about politics....just ordinary citizens.

Clandestino
08-20-2006, 08:17 AM
no shit..i agree with jelly... my sis and bro in law have lived in dc/va for the last 15 years... when they come to sa, they always freak out about how nice people in san antonio are...