PDA

View Full Version : Dems Already Looking Past Kerry to Hillary

Hook Dem
10-23-2004, 09:15 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/21/93114.shtml Thursday, Oct. 21, 2004 9:29 a.m. EDT

Dowd: Dems Already Looking Past Kerry to Hillary

While they still intend to vote for John Kerry, many Democrats are already resigned to his defeat and are looking forward to Hillary Clinton's presidential candidacy in 2008, New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd said Thursday.

"I know a lot of Democrats I've talked to are really resigned," Dowd told radio host Don Imus. "They've sort of moved on in their heads to Hillary in 2008."

While the acerbic writer continues to fight the good fight on the Times op-ed page - bashing Bush with her trademark venom and hoping the charges stick - Dowd's off-the-cuff observations suggest she's given up on Kerry as well.

"Kerry's problem seems to be a Gore-like problem," she complained. "He's a loser even when he's winning. Kerry won all three debates but then he somehow is behind Bush in the polls afterwards. That's not who you want as your candidate, you know, a winner who's a loser."

Other Dowd observations that aren't likely to find their way into print include:

• "[Maybe] Kerry would have done better if he chose Biden as his running mate. I mean, he's dragging Edwards along now."

• "[Kerry] just seems to say what will be politically viable. ... I think that's at the core of what bothers people about him. And that's what he did with Iraq."

• "I think [his vote against the first Gulf War] is really sort of sinking him. Because he can't make the case against this war, then. Bush and Cheney can just chortle at him."

• "I think that it was wrong and stupid to drag [Mary Cheney] into it. ... It just seemed smarmy to me."

• "I think Joe Biden actually would have been a better [presidential] candidate. He's like Howard Dean - at least he spits it out."

JoeChalupa
10-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I too have come to realize that Kerry may not win but I'm still hoping that people will come to their senses before Nov. 2.

Who do you think the repubs will put up in 2008?

Cheney?...Powell/Rice?

Arnold/Cheney?

whottt
10-23-2004, 12:46 PM
http://www.streetplay.com/humor/pentathlon/images/giuliani.jpg

"I took down the mob , I took down prostitution, I got people off of welfare, I did the impossible and cleaned up NYC. I told Yassser Arafat to get the fuck out of my building when he was on good terms with the US, I told a Saudi Prince to stick 10 million dollars up his ass, and you just wait to see what happens to terrorism when I get in the whitehouse"

If you think W is an ahole just wait till this guy takes office. They are the same type of guy, if you like them, you're gonna like them for who they are, not for who they are pretending to be.

And I gurantee you, if he finds out there was any so called conspiracy on the part of the government he will take those people too. That was his town they blew up, those were his cops and firefighters they killed.

Meanwhile, he supports W and his approach to terrorism, and thinks Kerry is a limpwristed panzy not fit to lead.

whottt
10-23-2004, 01:02 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/21/93114.shtml Thursday, Oct. 21, 2004 9:29 a.m. EDT

• "[Kerry] just seems to say what will be politically viable. ... I think that's at the core of what bothers people about him. And that's what he did with Iraq."

That's part of it...there are other big reasons as well...not all of them Kerry's fault.

Marcus Bryant
10-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Pink cookies in a plastic bag. Getting crushed by a building.

Samurai Jane
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I heard a quote the other day and I think it applies in Kerry's case..

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

dcole50
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Cheney?...
Arnold/Cheney?

Cheney's health would definitely be too big of a concern. Arnold was born on foreign soil, although I realize you're joking there.

I'd take W over Giuliani every day of the week. Giuliani is a poor man's W.

Nbadan
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
I too have come to realize that Kerry may not win

Joe, stay off of Fox News for awhile. There are many reasons I could exterpolate why Kerry is gonna win November 2nd. I will do so as we get closer the exection but for now all I'm saying is that all the classic signs are there for a Kerry win.

Expect new and yet undecided voters to go for Kerry by a 70% margin.

Hook Dem
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Joe, stay off of Fox News for awhile. There are many reasons I could exterpolate why Kerry is gonna win November 2nd. I will do so as we get closer the exection but for now all I'm saying is that all the classic signs are there for a Kerry win.

Expect new and yet undecided voters to go for Kerry by a 70% margin.
In your dreams Dan! Why don't you come to grips with the truth? Your man is toast!

CommanderMcBragg
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
If our man is toast, yours is jelly.

CosmicCowboy
10-25-2004, 11:55 AM
While they still intend to vote for John Kerry, many Democrats are already resigned to his defeat and are looking forward to Hillary Clinton's presidential candidacy in 2008, New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd said Thursday.

Oh PLEASE, PLEASE , PLEASE run Hillary for President!

No matter who the Republicans run it will be a democratic ass-whoopin of monumental proportions...

http://www.gambits.com/politics/hillary&elephant.jpg

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh PLEASE, PLEASE , PLEASE run Hillary for President!

No matter who the Republicans run it will be a democratic ass-whoopin of monumental proportions...

http://www.gambits.com/politics/hillary&elephant.jpg
^^^^RACK^^^^ :lol

Nbadan
10-25-2004, 01:01 PM
:rolleyes

Oh please, run Jeb in 2008.

whottt
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
If our man is toast, yours is jelly.

Yeah? And if our man is the hotdog, yours is the bun.

CosmicCowboy
10-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Oh please, run Jeb in 2008.

In your dreams...

my dream team would be Guliani/Rice...that tandem would blow the Democratic Party to shreds...I can just hear Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton screaming foul now... :lol

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 06:46 PM
In your dreams...

my dream team would be Guliani/Rice...that tandem would blow the Democratic Party to shreds...I can just hear Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton screaming foul now... :lol
Awwwwwwwww Cowboy....that ain't no way to treat 'ol Jesse & Al. :lol

exstatic
10-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Cheney couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher. Guliani would be good, but has too many liberal social issues to get the backing of the RR. Hillary has already dispatched him once, too. Arnold is ineligable to run for Prez, being foreign born. They won't change the constitution before 08.

Yonivore
10-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Cheney couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher.
Mr. Cheney was elected to serve as the state's sole Congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives. He was re-elected five times and elected by his colleagues to serve as Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee from 1981 to 1987. He was elected Chairman of the House Republican Conference in 1987 and elected House Minority Whip in 1988.

That's just his elected resume...he's been appointed to some pretty hefty jobs as well.

What exactly has Ms. Clinton done? Oh yeah, weasled a term as the minority Senator from New York. I'd wager it's a one-term affair.

LandShark
10-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Guliani would be good, but has too many liberal social issues to get the backing of the RR. Hillary has already dispatched him once, too.
:wtf

When did that happen? As I recall, Rick Lazio was Hillary Clinton's opponent for the New York U.S. Senate seat in 2000. Giuliani withdrew from the race months before for medical reasons (cancer).

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Cheney couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher. Guliani would be good, but has too many liberal social issues to get the backing of the RR. Hillary has already dispatched him once, too. Arnold is ineligable to run for Prez, being foreign born. They won't change the constitution before 08.
Hillary dispatched him? :lol I think it should be clear who the dumbass is.

whottt
10-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah Rudy woulda stomped her...he is now a definite party buster in NYC. This is a man that the people of NY absolutely trust beyond a shadow of a doubt. He will get elected for whatever he wants. And if he runs for President he will win that election as well, over most candidates...a few like McCain or Clark may push him...but no one else will.

His personality maybe rough but his record of success is pristine. Even the special interest minority groups were praising him at one point(until he tried to stay in office.)

I'll say it again, Hilary would get my vote before Kerry.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Giuliani left that race because he had cancer.