PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walton is an anus....

rasho8
08-17-2006, 05:15 AM
I cant decide who I despise more... Bill Walton or Marv Albert... they both make me so angry I even get them confused at times and will just start yelling for both of them to shut up... regardless of whos talking at the time.

Did anyone else catch the exchange between Walton and Jim Durham..

JD: "At least no travel call there."
BW: "The correct terminology is 'called'."

Then Durham kind of sat there silent for a moment like ...WTF DID YOU SAY?!

I wish they would have showed his face when that ass-clown tried to correct him.

orhe
08-17-2006, 05:40 AM
no Bill Walton is funny... in fact... he's legendary!

dimsah
08-17-2006, 05:52 AM
no Bill Walton is funny... in fact... he's legendary!

As far as pompous asses are concerned. He is "legendary".

kobyz
08-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Bill Walton and Marv Albert are both very good

exstatic
08-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Bill Walton and Marv Albert are both very good
Dopey and Kinky.

Rainbow Bunny
08-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Yes. They are both really good at being annoying cunts.

joeyjfive
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I actually like Marv Alberts commentating, its not all that bad I dont see how someone can get confused by it. But Walton on the other hand, damn hes a dumbass, when he talks I pay attention to what hes saying and it will make NO sense at all. And he switches constantly on who he favors in a playoff series or game even.

SpurYank
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
When you look at how far Bill Walton has come, you may learn to appreciate him more.
First, he was a genuine All-American Center at UCLA, probably the best defensive center to ever play the game and easily the best passing center to ever.

Second, he stuttered so badly he wouldn't speak for fear of being ridiculed. He was also a vegetarian, such that many attributed his diet to being a cause for his many injuries and the inability to heal. His career in the NBA was much shorter than it should have been.

Yeah, he says a lot of things that many disagree with. He does, however, say what he thinks, not what people want to hear. He is, by and large, a risk taker. I wish he said more good things about the Spurs, although he does most of the time.

I respect Bill Walton more than I like him.

CubanMustGo
08-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Are we talking about the same Bill "I like whoever is winning" Walton? GMAFB!

cheguevara
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
how can u respect Bill Walton?

I feel sorry for that waste of oxygen

Kori Ellis
08-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Most of what Walton says is tongue in cheek. You guys take it too seriously.

stretch
08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
I cant decide who I despise more... Bill Walton or Marv Albert... they both make me so angry I even get them confused at times and will just start yelling for both of them to shut up... regardless of whos talking at the time.

I wish they would have showed his face when that ass-clown tried to correct him.
i think he was joking. he has an odd sense of humor, but does stuff like that all the time. a lot of times he says weird stuff and sounds serious about it, but is really joking.

monosylab1k
08-17-2006, 10:47 AM
i give the nod to Marv...he's alot better at biting a hooker in the ass while dressed in drag...

GrandeDavid
08-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I've met Bill Walton on two occasions. Once was at a Spurs practice three years ago. The second time was with my brother-in-law on the Riverwalk during the Sacramento series. He was very nice both times, and I was impressed that he remembered me. I think he's a good man as a person, but I do get the comments that he's annoying on camera.

sleepybum
08-17-2006, 11:30 AM

I think he actually said something along the lines of "the significant word here being called". I think he was joking about the fact that there was definitely a travel but for whatever reason the official didn't call it.

Don't get me wrong, I did groan when I heard his voice and did turn off the game soon after I heard that bit of commentary. He is annoying sometimes. It probably didn't help that I knew the game was going to be a blowout and felt like a waste of time.

Clutch20
08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I dunno for sure but I suspect that there's a "formula" that the casters take, you know, 1 resonable guy, 1 informative guy and then the loose cannon. That kinda dynamic also seems to run in other reporting venues.

RS189
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Walton is the most entertaining announcer, dont know why everyone thinks he sucks that much

tlongII
08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Walton is great. He just tries to have fun when he is doing analysis on games. I've met him and he's a great guy too. Not self-absorbed at all.

Bob Lanier
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Walton is the only national commentator I don't preemptively mute. He's hilarious. Lighten up.

Solid D
08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
The correct terminoloy is Bill Walton has an anus.

RS189
08-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Worst first post ever.

thanks, first topic i saw :smokin

GrandeDavid
08-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Stop all the Walton-hatin', that is until he jumps off the Spurs wagon in a few years. :lol

Spurologist
08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Walton is the greatest announcer in the history of western civilization.

"That's just hooooorrible"

What ever happened to "throw it down young man!! One time. Throw it down!!!"

Nazr shows his great hands. "Where would you like it next time, Nazr" :lol

"What is a foul?"

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I remember when the Clips were really awful and I think Magette made a great block. Walton: "That might be the greatest defensive play in the history of Clipper basketball"

"I am going to have a bring an NBA rule book next time to find out exactly what a foul is"

"Manu Ginobili is left handed and promises to be for the rest of the night" :lol

When Dirk is choking. "Where is the competetive greatness by Dirk"

Last season with Smush Parker made a nice play. "Smush Parker has now put himself in the ranks of the Kobe Bryants and Carmelo Anthonys of the world" :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-17-2006, 02:45 PM
This is an unfair comparison. While both drop crap all over the place, an anus serves a purpose. Walton is more like an appendix or an Adam's apple, possibly a mole.

Obstructed_View
08-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Walton wasn't correcting him, he was agreeing with Durham that there was no travel "called" but there was definitely a travel. If you are going to bag on the guy, at least pick the spots. To quote the Master, "Where would ya like it, Samaki?"

boutons_
08-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I love the knowledge and playing experience and perspective that BW could bring to his commentary, but I hate his fucking style.

I find his style NOT entertaining and distracting from the game. I watching to see basketball, not hear BW's side show.

Obstructed_View
08-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I've yet to find a color commentator that distracts me from the game. Brent Musburger, on the other hand...

boutons_
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Bill's commentary distracts me because it's so deadpan and earnest that I have to think "was he being serious or was he being BW?"

Obstructed_View
08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Bill's commentary distracts me because it's so deadpan and earnest that I have to think "was he being serious or was he being BW?"
Taking someone seriously who admittedly doesn't take himself seriously would be your first mistake. He loves basketball and has a good time with it. He has a history of saying stupid shit over his entire life. Big deal. He's more fun than Hubie Brown or Eddie Johnson.

SirChaz
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Most of what Walton says is tongue in cheek. You guys take it too seriously.

Exactly, He used to annoy the crap out of me. Once I realized that half of what he says is tounge-in-cheek and intentional hyperbole I learned to laugh instead.

He is actually pretty funny once you understand his sense of humor.

pjjrfan
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
yeah, but he's one hulluava funny anus. I get a kick out of his comments. "Throw it down, big man. Throw it down."

BillWalton
08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Bill also informed me that you're a fucking cock sucking cunt. Feel free to go fuck yourself, asshole! :spin .

let him slide in back door big man

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I like both Bill and Marv.

Bill is a lot smarter than most of you give him credit for. He says some seemingly stupid things, but on closer inspection, a small number of them are foolish, the rest are to get a reaction from whoever he's with. At heart he's a hippy prankster. Marv gets that about Bill, but most of the other commentators are too stupid, or completely on another wavelength, to understand it. I am also a hippy prankster so I dig it.

As for the "call"/"called" thing, have you noticed the way in which media has entirely voided the English language by DISPOSING OF PAST TENSE? Watch the news some time and count the number of past tense phrases - they are virtually absent from modern news. Also talk to a kid some time and see if they use past and present tense properly - you'll probably find, as I did, that children's speech patterns have been warped by this travesty of the language. Some kids don't know when to use past/present tense any more, and it's very sad. :depressed

BTW, the explanation I got from a journalist about why this change occured is that present tense is supposedly more "energetic" and "exciting" (what a load of BS), so news today is delivered in the present tense, not past. Personally, I hate it. :td

Beer is Good
08-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Bill Walton revels in the fact that he has the ability to get a stir out of people - just like on this forum. He points out the obvious in a goofy way and if you take him seriously you are just playing right into his hands... because you are still paying attention to see what he says next. Every one of you who complains on here cannot deny one thing: That he has your full attention when the games are on.

Gino20
08-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Marv and Bill ok.......The most annoying announcer is the guy that announces the Detroit Pistons game. He is the one that gets excited on almost every basket scored. Does anyone know who I am talking about???

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Every one of you who complains on here cannot deny one thing: That he has your full attention when the games are on.

Which is exactly why he's so useless as a commentator. I want my full attention on game, not distracted and asking if he actually just compared Jerome James to Kareem Abdul Jabar. I usually end up muting the TV half way through the first quarter.

T-Pain
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
i hate bill walton

rasho8
08-19-2006, 02:56 AM
i hate bill walton

F-ing right... thats why I say... Bill Walton is an anus
-The correct terminology is "Bill walton serves the same function as an anus"

...dispensing shit I would rather flush than think about... fucking Walton... god bless NBATV... I dont have to listen to his worthlesss drivel.

I think thats the correct tense...

sabar
08-19-2006, 05:02 AM
I swear one game he praises the Spurs and the next he's trashing them. This guy has so much sarcasm coming from his mouth that you can't even tell if he's joking.

I like Marv. Bill is just "meh"