PDA

View Full Version : Cool first person shooter

RandomGuy
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Just got "Call of Duty 2"

WOW :wow

One of the best games I have played in a long time.

For those who might be interested:

It puts you in the place of allied soldiers in various WW2 theaters of combat. You have some choice in weapons, and is as close to the real thing as one gets.

As someone who understands German, I liked the touches of humor thrown in from the computer-controlled german troops, such as what they say when they kill you in hand-to-hand combat "you fight like a girl" heh.

dougp
08-17-2006, 12:37 PM
OFN!

Jees - Beat it last year when it came out! Fun as hell though, my cousin is addicted to the 360 version.

T Park
08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah great game on the 360 to play.

They are coming out with COD 3 pretty soon I believe.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Been playing the game for 8 months now, and yeah it has a great single player mode. Its multiplayer mode though sucks ass. CoD 1 had a better multiplayer mod by far.

cheguevara
08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
ehh, too much of the same damn nazis.

one of the best shooter games i've played is Far Cry

Marklar MM
08-17-2006, 01:27 PM
HALO wins.

Leetonidas
08-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Halo 2 FTW. Can't wait for Halo 3.

Mixability
08-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Beat COD 2 a few months back.... can't wait for COD3 in November, I think.

Mixability
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Halo 2 FTW. Can't wait for Halo 3.

I hope Halo 3 has more open area combat though, like the first couple of levels of CE.

Leetonidas
08-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I hope Halo 3 has more open area combat though, like the first couple of levels of CE.

Yeah me too. I hope the Covenant has more characters aside from the elites, grunts, and jackals in the next one

Mixability
08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
FYI: The new RB6 set in Las Vegas looks intriguing too.

leemajors
08-17-2006, 02:25 PM
for an fps game that isn't entirely trying to be realistic, halo was frustrating because of the slow movement. i am too used to strafe jumping and such in the quake series though.

dirk4mvp
08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Killzone

Leetonidas
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Killzone

I have Killzone. It's kinda gay.

dirk4mvp
08-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Killzone kicks ass.

Gatita
08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Halo 1 >>> Halo 2

COD, been wanting to buy that one. We just don't play the xbox that much to pay full price for it.

I usually get my games for $5 from a friend. Now he has the 360, so no more games. :(

ChumpDumper
08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
I loved how wide open FarCry's gameplay was. It's the kind of thing that made GTA San Andreas so addictive too. So many ways to play.

Mixability
08-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I loved how wide open FarCry's gameplay was. It's the kind of thing that made GTA San Andreas so addictive too. So many ways to play.

I wish they made a GTA:San Anto......

Running over hoodrats downtown on a Saturday night would be so enjoyable. :lol

DarkReign
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Soldier of Fortune 2 ownz j00.

CoD2 is good though. Halo blows ass because console shooters blow ass.

Mouse&keyboard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>console controller

DarkReign
08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
for an fps game that isn't entirely trying to be realistic, halo was frustrating because of the slow movement.

Its slow because of the controller....thats why Halo never took off on the PC. PC players know the difference.

dirk4mvp
08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
BLACK on the ps2 and xbox is a very good FPS. The graphics it pumps out for our current consoles is incredible. It's only knock is no type of multiplayer

leemajors
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Soldier of Fortune 2 ownz j00.

CoD2 is good though. Halo blows ass because console shooters blow ass.

Mouse&keyboard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>console controller

i liked sof1 and sof2. the first was a trip because of what you could do with a knife, the second took it to a new level with that skeletal system. shotgunning people's heads off was great!

DarkReign
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
i liked sof1 and sof2. the first was a trip because of what you could do with a knife, the second took it to a new level with that skeletal system. shotgunning people's heads off was great!

I used to compete in online leagues. CAL and (damnit, cant remember) IGL? Damnit...the second one eludes me.

I was in TRU, we used to own fools up in league play. Until we had to game with LL. LL was our own real competition.

EDITED for terrible usage of the English language.

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 11:31 AM
There is the CAL League, IGL League, CPL League. Forget some others.

leemajors
08-18-2006, 02:22 PM
I used to compete in online leagues. CAL and (damnit, cant remember) IGL? Damnit...the second one eludes me.

I was in TRU, we used to own fools up in league play. Until we had to game with LL. LL was our own real competition.

EDITED for terrible usage of the English language.

ahh ok, i remember TRU played quake i think, and cs. i was tired of the clan bit by then, the last time i played in a league for something was urban terror q3 mod, which was also fun. then sof2 came out and i played that. OGL was a big league in quake 2 and early q3, think it may have been gone by the time sof2 came out.

DarkReign
08-18-2006, 02:40 PM
ahh ok, i remember TRU played quake i think, and cs. i was tired of the clan bit by then, the last time i played in a league for something was urban terror q3 mod, which was also fun. then sof2 came out and i played that. OGL was a big league in quake 2 and early q3, think it may have been gone by the time sof2 came out.

SoF2 was the only FPS I ever liked. Quake was too arcadey for me. I like realism (though SoF2 was far from, it wasnt flak cannons and rail guns either with double jumping).

I realize I reference Unreal Tourney more than Quake, but you get the idea.

I am waiting for Huxley (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/huxley/index.html?tag=login;dropdown).

leemajors
08-18-2006, 02:59 PM
SoF2 was the only FPS I ever liked. Quake was too arcadey for me. I like realism (though SoF2 was far from, it wasnt flak cannons and rail guns either with double jumping).

I realize I reference Unreal Tourney more than Quake, but you get the idea.

I am waiting for Huxley (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/huxley/index.html?tag=login;dropdown).

i wasn't really into deathmatch, i just liked playing CTF and q2 with a grapple was really fun. i also dug team fortress in quake 1. sof2 had a good ctf mod and i enjoyed it. that and carving people's faces.

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Say Cheese!
http://whyfiles.org/165video_violence/images/cs_shooter.jpg

ALVAREZ6
08-18-2006, 03:03 PM
CS owns...

I rarely play video games anymore though, Counter Strike was the fucking shit. I used to play that game a lot. And I was pretty damn good too, I probably still am.

PeterBurns
08-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Just got "Call of Duty 2"

WOW :wow

One of the best games I have played in a long time.

For those who might be interested:

It puts you in the place of allied soldiers in various WW2 theaters of combat. You have some choice in weapons, and is as close to the real thing as one gets.

As someone who understands German, I liked the touches of humor thrown in from the computer-controlled german troops, such as what they say when they kill you in hand-to-hand combat "you fight like a girl" heh.

Dude, I'm addicted to call of duty 1 on the PC.
I finally bought COD 2 for the PC, and went home loaded it on the PC.
And the f'n graphics card in my 1 year old computer didn't support it.

I was PISSED.

So I come home a few night ago, and my wife said she had a surprise.
She told me to turn on the TV. (I thought it would be a video of her any numerous other Swimsuit contests)

To my dismay yet surprise, was the XBOX 360 intro screen to COD2.

Damn I married well.

DarkReign
08-18-2006, 03:40 PM

I was PISSED.

She told me to turn on the TV. (I thought it would be a video of her any numerous other Swimsuit contests)

Damn I married well.

Yes you certainly did. Hot chicks have a soft spot for dorky guys for some reason.

Phenomanul
08-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I know it's old but man, I though Jedi Outcast was amazing when it came out.

leemajors
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
I know it's old but man, I though Jedi Outcast was amazing when it came out.

it was incredible once you got your powers high enough, regen and shield pretty much made you invicible. jedi knight 2 and 3 were both pretty solid imo. multiplayer kinda sucked though.

leemajors
08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
jedi knight 3 was really cool - huge terrains, and some really neat cavern scenarios with multiple dark jedi and their acolytes trying to fight you at once.

Mixability
08-21-2006, 08:57 AM

I was PISSED.

Damn I married well.

:tu