08-18-2006, 01:54 AM
tony is out for the tournament he is terribly sad

polandprzem
08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Fantastic for the spurs fans.

Bowen home and now Parker.

fred33
08-18-2006, 02:09 AM
it's incredible sad for tony for him it was so inportant sunday he wiil be in san antonio

carina_gino20
08-18-2006, 02:11 AM
that's disappointing. I was looking out for the Manu-Tony clash and now that's down the drain with the Manu-Bowen matchup.

10-tka
08-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Bad for France and all the Spurs fans, but maybe good for Slovenia and their chances.

fred33
08-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Japan (AP) -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker will not play for France in the world championships after being diagnosed with a broken finger.

Parker had X-rays on his right index finger in Japan on Thursday and informed Friday it's broken.

San Antonio Spurs Championship Products
Celebrate the San Antonio Spurs 2005 NBA finals championship with a huge selection of...
www.fansedge.com

San Antonio Spurs Memorabilia
San Antonio Spurs autographed sports memorabilia. Free shipping and low prices. Every...
www.prosportsmemorabilia.com

Sportsfanfare: San Antonio Spurs
Welcome, NBA basketball fans. Show your team spirit with officially-licensed merchandise...
www.sportsfanfare.com

San Antonio Spurs: In-depth Company Info
Go to Hoover's for in-depth, first-hand, company coverage provided by business experts.
www.hoovers.com

Parker injured his finger in a tuneup match against Brazil on Tuesday in China. He'll be replaced on the roster by Mamoutou Diarra, said Fabrice Canet, the team's press officer.

"He practiced on Thursday with his finger bandaged and was in some pain," Canet said. "He wanted to stay, but will return to the United States at the request of the Spurs."

France will open the world championships on Saturday against Argentina.

Kori Ellis
08-18-2006, 03:26 AM
That sucks for Parker and for France.

T Park
08-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Good.

Go home.

Get better, and practice for the team that PAYS you.

Hope this doesn't hurt or hinder his damn form on his jumper.

T Park
08-18-2006, 03:34 AM
you would turn it down because you only want to do your carny job?

my carny job?

Get off your high horse asshole.

Bruno
08-18-2006, 03:41 AM
http://www.fiba2006.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/news/lateNews/FE_news_lateNews_arti.asp?newsID=15471

18/08/2006

FRA - Parker ruled out of FIBA World Championship with injury

SENDAI CITY (FIBA World Championship) - France point guard Tony Parker was on Friday ruled out of the FIBA World Championship with a broken finger.

Parker sustained the injury after getting his finger caught in the jersey of an opponent during France's last warm-up game against Brazil on Tuesday.

He was initially ruled out of Les Bleus' opening game against Argentina, but on Friday - one day before the French team's clash with Argentina - coach Claude Bergeaud announced Parker would not play at all.

"Tony wanted to try and play with the injury but I didn't feel it was worth taking the risk." a distraught Bergeaud said. "He will not be playing in the tournament and will return to San Antonio to recover from the injury."

France captain Boris Diaw supported the coach's decision and encouraged Parker to get the injury attended to back home.

"With this kind of injury you never know what might happen," Diaw said. "He could play with his finger plastered but what if he gets hit on it again?

"If that happens, he will only make it worse and it will be tougher to recover from that injury."

Parker's absence changes the dynamic of the French team with back-up point guard Aymeric Jeanneau now thrust into the starting role, with Joseph Gomis promoted as a second string playmaker.

Prompting Parker's inability to play, France beat the 24-hour deadline for submitting rosters to tournament organizers FIBA and replaced the San Antonio Spurs guard with Mamoutou Diarra.

From Simon Wilkinson, Sendai
Exclusively for FIBA

Bruno
08-18-2006, 03:53 AM
Some thoughts :

1) Concerning Parker : The training camp is in 45 days (and the start of the season in 75 days), I hope he will be ready. We will likely have more news on how he will be out when he will be in SA but they said that the break was a simple one and not a complicate break. My biggest concern is that he won't be able to work on his jumpshot this summer.

2)Concerning people trashing NT :

"Tony wanted to try and play with the injury but I didn't feel it was worth taking the risk."
NT take care of their players' carreers and works with nba franchises.

themvp
08-18-2006, 04:09 AM
That sucks for whole tournament :(

WalterBenitez
08-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Oh, so sad for Tony, French NT and all the tournmanet I would love TP going faster and faster against FIBA's defense, and Bruce guarding those soft euros.

At least Spurs still have some players there Beno & Manu.

Can anybody stimate how serious is the TP's injury?

fred33
08-18-2006, 04:17 AM
i thinks it's 3 weeks witouth a ball

Bruno
08-18-2006, 04:19 AM
It's a a bad news for the french NT but its championship won't be a disaster, even without Parker.
They can beat Lebanon, Nigeria and Venezuela without Parker : they will reach the eight-finals. Losing against Argentina or S&M won't be a big deal : they are very good teams.
In eight final, the will meat a team of the group B : losing against Spain or germany isn't a shame and they should beat others teams of this group (Japan, NZ, Panama and Angola).

polandprzem
08-18-2006, 04:33 AM
So when the USA asks you to represent them in the world championship hot dog eating contest, you would turn it down because you only want to do your carny job?

Why hot-dogs ?

Lady M
08-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Good.

Go home.

you are a real american
the only word who count for you is money
and you ask why the rest of the world don't like you
just think about who you are
you're not the centre of the world :wtf :bang :cuss

smeagol
08-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Good.

Go home.

Ignorant.

orhe
08-18-2006, 07:18 AM
wooo totally suck for France but at least Arg is a sure bet for the next round...
the Vbookie should be changed :D

fred33
08-18-2006, 07:20 AM
it's the spurs official have make the pressure of the return of tony

spurschick
08-18-2006, 07:30 AM
The Spurs want him to come home so they can start treatment. Personally, I would want to stay with my team during the tournament, but I can understand the importance of coming back here.

George Gervin's Afro
08-18-2006, 08:01 AM
in a way i am kind of glad. i'm not glad he hurt himself but i am relieved that he will not risk other more serious injuries.. now if manu would develope a soft tissue injury that would sideline him for the tournament my summer would be less stress free..

1Parker1
08-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Noo!!! I wsa looking forward to finally seeing them play. I even had France as my surprise team in the tournament. That sucks...I'm sure Tony was excited to play for the WC and I'm sure France had really high expectations for this team.

Go Argentina...

diego
08-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Its funny but in other sports, club fans have pride in their players being National Teamers. They only get upset when their players get pulled for tons of friendlies and the ship is still in the balance. And the big soccer teams, 20-25 of their 30 players play in national teams.

I feel sorry for Parker because he obviously wanted to be there and getting injured always sucks. At least he is young and will have more chances.

This might be good for the french team though because it will give other players a chance to get some experience, its not like they were contending this time around. Their future is still bright

cheguevara
08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
you are a real american

:lol owned

1Parker1
08-18-2006, 09:33 AM
you are a real american

:lol :tu I actually agree with you on this...many American's do have that mentality that the "world revolves around them."

fred33
08-18-2006, 09:41 AM
first reaction of tony" i wanted to play but it was too risky for the spurs officials . don't forget the spurs pay me ! " radio interview

angel_luv
08-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!! :(

I'm sorry Tony.

Get well soon!

mathbzh
08-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I am sad for Tony.

Its funny but in other sports, club fans have pride in their players being National Teamers. They only get upset when their players get pulled for tons of friendlies and the ship is still in the balance. And the big soccer teams, 20-25 of their 30 players play in national teams.
With the olympic games, the soccer world cup is the biggest sport event in the world. In soccer, the stars born in the World Cup. That is not true for basketball.

Whatever, any player should be proud to play for his NT.

SA fan should not forget that the INSEP (where Tony learned basketball) spent time and money on him when he was younger. The payback is playing for NT.

abelle23
08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
that sucks....it would have been nice to see manu and tony play against each other...get well tony!

Cherry
08-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Good.

Go home.

How dare you? :madrun
I´m very sorry for Tony. In the Hotel he told Manu before the x-ray that he fells "broken" and Manu say nothing about that (he knew what this means)

Obstructed_View
08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
you are a real american
Typical of the rest of the world. Take the money with one hand, and hold the megaphone to bitch with the other. Fuck your high and mighty shit. He's entitled to his opinion.

Spurs Dynasty 21
08-18-2006, 03:50 PM
at least he can recover his legs

Slo spurs fan
08-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Typical of the rest of the world. Take the money with one hand, and hold the megaphone to bitch with the other. Fuck your high and mighty shit. He's entitled to his opinion.
Stick your money up in your ass, asshole.

wolf754life
08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
up my ass? Sassy frass, drink from the red white and blue glass! We have Class, and I caught you a nice fresh SEA BASS! We move more Mass! and oh by the way, I PAY MORE for GAS than you, u Ass!

Welcome to the U.S.A. its our NBA

Spurs Dynasty 21
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
let's keep the insults in a min. and stay on topic

diego
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
I PAY MORE for GAS than you, u Ass!

actually this is unlikely. Maybe in Russia or Venezuela or Saudi Arabia where they produce a lot of gas its cheaper, but most places its not. here in Chile its about $1.45 a LITER, times 3.78 for a gallon, and you have $5.48 a gallon. I think in the us its about 3.50-4 a gallon?

and Bruno is right, if the argentine and french federations hadnt spent money on parker and manu, who knows if the spurs would have scouted them in the first place. But more importantly, the players are not slaves and it is their decision. The spurs org understands this and lets them play (with the requisite insurance paid for by the federation). Too bad some dumb ass fans think they own the players. But hey feel free to exercise your freedom to be stupid.