PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals sign Preston Wilson

T Park
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah Im sure you guys will say blah blah he sucked.

270 guy with 55 Ribis off the bench, not bad at all.

Thank you Houston :)

Extra Stout
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM

He is a below-average baseball player.

MajorMike
08-18-2006, 02:11 PM
At least he will make the playoffs now. Cards don't think Edmonds is going to be healthy rest of the season fyi.

King
08-18-2006, 02:21 PM
He hits lefties well, which is what StL needs. Below average defensively, but I'll take the bat.

leemajors
08-18-2006, 02:36 PM
He hits lefties well, which is what StL needs. Below average defensively, but I'll take the bat.

he strikes out way too much and had little to no power this year. he tanked this year as far as homers/RBI, and that was playing with a very short porch in minute maid. seemed like a great guy clubhouse wise though - he really needs to grow those lamb chops out again.

T Park
08-18-2006, 04:01 PM

Well that below average player has a single, a stolen base and a MONSTER home run.

Ill take all them average ball players you Houstonites wanna throw the Cardinals :)

Unbelieveable even more? YOU KEEP JASON LANE OVER HIM!!

What is he, about a 205 hitter? :lmao

Good job Stros.

FreshPrince22
08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
blah blah he sucked

violentkitten
08-18-2006, 05:49 PM

and an above average offensive player on the stros

Extra Stout
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Well that below average player has a single, a stolen base and a MONSTER home run.

Ill take all them average ball players you Houstonites wanna throw the Cardinals :)

Unbelieveable even more? YOU KEEP JASON LANE OVER HIM!!

What is he, about a 205 hitter? :lmao

Good job Stros.
I am not an Astros fan.

Preston Wilson is still a below-average baseball player.

leemajors
08-18-2006, 07:07 PM
card sent down anthony reyes to make room for him? isn't he the pitcher tpark was hyping up earlier this year?

MajorMike
08-18-2006, 11:01 PM
CHICAGO (AP) -- Preston Wilson barely made his morning flight. The St. Louis Cardinals were glad he did.

Preston Wilson was a smash in his first game for the NL Central leaders, hitting one of the Cardinals' six home runs Friday in an 11-3 romp over the Chicago Cubs.

"I made it to my flight at 5:58 for a six o'clock flight," Wilson said. "I got to the stadium, signed the papers and got to work."

Wilson had nine home runs and 55 RBIs when Houston waived him Aug. 15. He signed earlier in the day with the Cardinals and helped them end a 10-game losing streak in Chicago this season -- seven to the Cubs and three against the White Sox.

"Things happen for a reason," Wilson said. "Maybe I'm here for a good reason."

ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson started in right field, went 2-for-5 and stole a base. He and Gary Bennett hit solo home runs in the sixth off Roberto Novoa that gave the Cardinals a 6-3 lead.

"It's the kind of first impression you want to make," Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said. "He did so many good things and gave us a lift right away."

The Cardinals lost leadoff man David Eckstein, however, with a strained oblique muscle in his left side. The All-Star shortstop was hurt when he slid into Cubs catcher Michael Barrett in the third inning.

Eckstein was examined at Wrigley Field.

"It's one of those things that's hard to really diagnose right now," Eckstein said. "We're going to wait until tomorrow and let it die down a little bit."

Both teams were warned by plate umpire Ed Hickox after Cubs rookie Carlos Marmol hit Scott Rolen with a pitch in the third inning. Marmol made two throwing errors in the inning.

While Wilson has played well at Wrigley Field this season, hitting .364 (8-for-22) with seven RBIs, the Cardinals had not done much in Chicago.

AP - Aug 18, 5:51 pm EDT
More Photos

"That's the first time we've seen the bottom of the ninth in this town," La Russa said. "It's about time."

The Cardinals need Wilson with center fielder Jim Edmonds day-to-day with post-concussion syndrome. Edmonds hasn't played since leaving a game with dizziness and blurred vision Aug. 15.

"My last two to three weeks in Houston, I wasn't playing at all," Wilson said. "If I'm playing part-time here, that's playing more than they were letting me play there. My job here is to do whatever they ask me to do."

Albert Pujols, Scott Rolen and Ronnie Belliard homered for the Cardinals in the seventh off David Aardsma. Pujols hit a two-run shot, his 36th, and Rolen followed with his 18th.

"A lot of those balls were right down the plate," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said. "You could've put them on a tee."

Chris Duncan hit his 12th homer in the first off Marmol (5-6). Duncan went 2-for-4 and is hitting .565 (13-for-23) over a six-game hitting streak.

The Cubs scored all their runs on homers. Barrett hit a solo drive in the first and Aramis Ramirez hit his team-high 29th in the fourth.

Jason Marquis (13-11) got the win, tying him with Brad Penny, Carlos Zambrano and Brandon Webb for the NL lead in wins. Marquis allowed three runs and three hits in five innings.

"I felt pretty good for the most part," Marquis said. "I wish I could've went deeper into the game."

It was 1-all when Marquis started a three-run third with a single. Eckstein also singled and Duncan had a sacrifice fly.

AP - Aug 18, 5:35 pm EDT
More Photos

Eckstein scored on a single by Pujols and when the ball got loose at the plate, Marmol picked it up and ran toward Pujols, who was in between second and third. Marmol, a converted catcher, made a wild sidearm throw that let Pujols reach third. Eckstein said Barrett's knee hit him in the ribs when he slid at the plate. He hurt his side twisting to touch home plate.

"I was trying to slide through him and he had just dropped his knee," Eckstein said. "His other knee came up and hit me right around my ribs area and sent me backwards. I hadn't tagged home plate yet and I was still trying to reach around."

Marmol then hit Rolen, prompting the warning. Marmol later made a poor pickoff throw to first that scored Pujols. Ramirez also had an error in the inning.

"That was a wild inning," Baker said. "We made a lot of mistakes and they seemed to come in bunches. We gave them three runs."

Baker said Marmol hurt his biceps on the throw to second, and that the muscle had been bothering the pitcher for a few starts.

"That's usually a sign a guy's arm is tired," Baker said.

Notes

The Cardinals sent down pitcher Anthony Reyes to make room for Wilson. ... St. Louis has hit back-to-back homers four times this season. ... Jets flew over Wrigley Field throughout the game as a warmup for this weekend's Air and Water Show in Chicago. ... The Cardinals are now 4-10 against the Cubs this season. ... The Cubs homered for the 12th straight game, the most since hitting in 12 straight on Sept. 8-20, 2005.

T Park
08-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Preston Wilson is still a below-average baseball player

272 10 homers 56 RBIs is below average?

Interesting.....

T Park
08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
isn't he the pitcher tpark was hyping up earlier this year

Yeah and hes struggled with keeping the ball down.

He will be a good pitcher, hes got good stuff, and he will be a great rotation guy along with Adam Wainwright next year.

Add in another youngster or a Jason Schmidt who they damn near got at the deadline, and your lookin at the Cardinals back to NL dominance next year.

leemajors
08-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Interesting.....

i just don't understand why you feel the need to hype this dude up, i have watched him suck bad all year. he had one good stretch around the all star break but he's nothing to write home about. he strikes out way too much swinging at trash, and hits into too many dp's. with that being said, with the stros luck this year he will probably put up all world nums the rest of the season. :lol

T Park
08-19-2006, 02:48 AM
i just don't understand why you feel the need to hype this dude up,

Cause the guy is a solid outfielder and twice what Jason Lane is.

But, obviously Houston doesn't need runs.

Scoring a whopping 2 against Milwaukee tonight against the shut down Thoma Oka :lol

leemajors
08-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Cause the guy is a solid outfielder and twice what Jason Lane is.

But, obviously Houston doesn't need runs.

Scoring a whopping 2 against Milwaukee tonight against the shut down Thoma Oka :lol

Lane didn't clear waivers. wilson wasn't helping the stros score runs at all. luke scott is starting in preston's place anyway - he's hitting over .400.

FromWayDowntown
08-19-2006, 09:32 AM

Interesting.....

In this era, that's below average for an everyday major league outfielder.

Had Preston put up those numbers in the late 1970's, he might have been a star.

Baseball is a game of long-term trends, not single-game production. Wilson saved the Cards on Friday, but the long-term trends say that there's a lot more bad coming than the good that he produced on Friday.

FromWayDowntown
08-19-2006, 09:35 AM
your lookin at the Cardinals back to NL dominance next year.

One world series appearance since 1987 = NL dominance in St. Louis.

Dominance like the Eagles' "dominance" of the NFC from 2000-2004, I guess.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-19-2006, 01:06 PM

Boy this guy has hit rock bottom.

T Park
08-19-2006, 02:09 PM
One world series appearance since 1987 = NL dominance in St. Louis.

Hmm whos had 100 wins the last 2 years, been to the NLCS 4 times since 2000.

Slow your roll and stick to basketball.

T Park
08-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Wilson saved the Cards on Friday, but the long-term trends say that there's a lot more bad coming than the good that he produced on Friday

lol

bitter bitter Astro fan...

Saved them?

He hit a solo homer in an 11 run game.

Oh yeah, totally bailed em out.

Once again.

Give me all the 270 hitting 4th outfielders the Astros wanna give up.

Boy this guy has hit rock bottom.

Oh really?

From what.

Extra Stout
08-19-2006, 02:44 PM

Interesting.....
For an outfielder batting in the heart of a lineup, it's nothing special.

And his defense is poor.

So, yes, below average.

You don't have to give him fellatio simply because he has birds and a bat on his chest.

Extra Stout
08-19-2006, 02:45 PM

So I guess the Braves were "dominant" throughout the '90s then.

leemajors
08-19-2006, 02:49 PM
lol

bitter bitter Astro fan...

Saved them?

He hit a solo homer in an 11 run game.

Oh yeah, totally bailed em out.

Once again.

Give me all the 270 hitting 4th outfielders the Astros wanna give up.

Oh really?

From what.

again, showing your cluelessness. wilson never hit 4th for the astros.

Extra Stout
08-19-2006, 02:57 PM
again, showing your cluelessness. wilson never hit 4th for the astros.
And if he were hitting 4th, wouldn't 56 RBI's be pretty pathetic?

leemajors
08-19-2006, 03:02 PM

are you seriously going to brag about being the regular season champion in a sport? the 05 colts could use a fan like you.

Extra Stout
08-19-2006, 04:17 PM
The Dallas Mavericks have won 60 games twice in four years, and went to the Finals once = Western Conference dominance in Dallas.

FromWayDowntown
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM

I'm not trying to pick on you TPark, but if we were talking basketball, you'd never stand for someone to take the position that a team that can't even get to the Finals was a dominant team. Why should that principle apply differently to YOUR baseball team?

T Park
08-19-2006, 05:46 PM
you'd never stand for someone to take the position that a team that can't even get to the Finals was a dominant team

name a team that has had as much success in the NL the last 6 years, THAN the Cardinals.

Western Conference dominance in Dallas.

They're dominant this year, and prob next year too.

No question.

FromWayDowntown
08-19-2006, 06:29 PM
name a team that has had as much success in the NL the last 6 years, THAN the Cardinals.

I guess that would depend on how you define success. If success is measured by good regular seasons and advancing one round in the playoffs, then you're right about the Cardinals. If success is measured by winning titles or at least reaching the World Series a number of times in a short period, then it would be quite clear -- as I think it should be -- that the NL hasn't had a dominant team since the Braves of the 90's.

Extra Stout
08-19-2006, 06:33 PM
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins each have one championship to the Cardinals' zero.

So there's two.

MajorMike
08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins each have one championship to the Cardinals' zero.

So there's two.

So by that logic the DBacks have been as good a franchise the past 15 years as the Braves and the Marlins have been a better overall franschise than the Braves the past 15 years.

leemajors
08-26-2006, 10:15 AM
So by that logic the DBacks have been as good a franchise the past 15 years as the Braves and the Marlins have been a better overall franschise than the Braves the past 15 years.

all that is being pointed out is that the card's recent regular season success means jack shit, they haven't won the world series and have only been once in the last 5 years despite being "dominant"

MajorMike
08-27-2006, 08:57 AM
All that was being pointed out is that you can't use one form of logic to disprove a theory and discount that same form of logic when applied to another like theory. So backtracking on your statement, as the Braves are in reality the best team in baseball the past 15 years even tho they have only 1 championship and there are several teams that are one hit wonders, you still haven't answered the question... has there been a team as dominant in the NL the past 6 years as the Cards?

leemajors
08-27-2006, 10:32 AM
again, you would think a dominant team would win the NL pennant more than once. the stros won the central in 97, 98, 99 and 2001, yet no one is claiming they were dominating shit.
order of importance in baseball for teams:
1. World Series
2. League Pennant

The Marlins and the D-Backs won the WS in that 6 years, which is more than the Card did while dominating. The Card have won one pennant in that time. They haven't dominated anything but the regular season, which is fairly meaningless. A team with 2 great pitchers can take out any other team in a seven game series if those 2 pitchers can go twice regardless of their regular season "dominance"

MajorMike
08-27-2006, 03:58 PM
So the Marlins have been dominating?

Extra Stout
08-27-2006, 05:10 PM
So the Marlins have been dominating?
Moreso than the Cardinals, yes.

A "dominant" team does not merely appear in the playoffs several times over a period of years. Having a good organization and loyal fans does not equal "dominance." The Cardinals of the '30s, '40s, '60s and even '80s could be called dominant in the NL because they were racking up multiple pennants.

The Marlins have not been consistent, but they have two World Series titles in the last ten years. That's as far as "dominance" goes in the Little-Sisters-of-the-Poor-Quadruple-A National League in recent history.

These Cardinals have had a nice run lately, but they have precious little hardware to show for it. They've been anything but "dominant." The Braves won five pennants in eight years where pennants were awarded, and they're more mocked as underachievers than revered as "dominant."

The best comparison I could draw would be the recent history of the Philadelphia Eagles. Lots of hype, one Super Bowl appearance. And unlike the Cardinals in the '04 Series, the Eagles actually put up a fight in SB XXXIX.

FromWayDowntown
08-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I think the point of referring to the Marlins and the Diamondbacks is to show that there hasn't been a dominating team in the NL of late. There doesn't have to be a dominating team in a league or conference at every point in time. The NL, of late, has had a number of pretty good teams and some that have even bothered to make the playoffs on a fairly routine basis (Cardinals, Astros, Braves). But in the modern sports world, those aren't the hallmarks of domination. For crissakes, since 1998, no NL team has qualified for the World Series more than once (San Diego, Atlanta, New York Mets, Arizona, San Francisco, Florida, St. Louis, Houston) and in the last 10 years, only Atlanta and Florida have been to the World Series more than once.

And just to note it: the Marlins DO have 2/3 of the NL's titles in the last 10 years.

Given all of that, it's ridiculous to me to say that any team has dominated in the National League over any stretch of the last decade.

Slinkyman
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
If anybody is dominating anybody it's the AL dominating the horseshit that represents the NL, the NL hasn't won a game in the world series since the marlins in 03. stros and cards both got swept like little bitches.

Extra Stout
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Now, this Gary Bennett guy is on a nice little run.

T Park
08-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah Bennet couldn't get a ball out of the infield all year, he gets some games here and now hes mickey friggen mantle.

Preston Wilson tonight leading off was a fantastic move.

Speed at the top of the order, got things going in the first inning.

Preston Wilson has been more than a fine addition to the team.

leemajors
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah Bennet couldn't get a ball out of the infield all year, he gets some games here and now hes mickey friggen mantle.

Preston Wilson tonight leading off was a desperate move.

Speed at the top of the order, got things going in the first inning.

Preston Wilson has been more than a fine addition to the team.

MajorMike
08-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Great video of the walk-off on stlcardinals.com

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-28-2006, 10:42 AM
I think the point of referring to the Marlins and the Diamondbacks is to show that there hasn't been a dominating team in the NL of late. There doesn't have to be a dominating team in a league or conference at every point in time. The NL, of late, has had a number of pretty good teams and some that have even bothered to make the playoffs on a fairly routine basis (Cardinals, Astros, Braves). But in the modern sports world, those aren't the hallmarks of domination. For crissakes, since 1998, no NL team has qualified for the World Series more than once (San Diego, Atlanta, New York Mets, Arizona, San Francisco, Florida, St. Louis, Houston) and in the last 10 years, only Atlanta and Florida have been to the World Series more than once.

And just to note it: the Marlins DO have 2/3 of the NL's titles in the last 10 years.

Given all of that, it's ridiculous to me to say that any team has dominated in the National League over any stretch of the last decade.

:tu good post and I think you may have ended the discussion

MajorMike
08-28-2006, 01:29 PM

No... its just a stupid arguement. Have the Marlins won more World Series than Atlanta or the Cards the past 15 years? Yes. Are the Marlins a better franchise over the past 15 or 6 years than Atlanta or St Louis? No.

FromWayDowntown
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
No... its just a stupid arguement. Have the Marlins won more World Series than Atlanta or the Cards the past 15 years? Yes. Are the Marlins a better franchise over the past 15 or 6 years than Atlanta or St Louis? No.

I never said the Marlins were a better franchise over the past 15 years (or over the past 6 years) than either the Braves or the Cardinals. What I said was that neither the Braves nor the Cardinals could be said to be dominant over the past 10 years. The Braves come closer when you expand it out to 15 years or so, but even that takes a pretty liberal view of what constitutes domination in sports.

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-29-2006, 02:03 AM
Being consistent and being dominant are two completely different things, T Park and the rest need to grab a dictionary or something

T Park
08-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Preston Wilson last night 2-4 3 RBIs.

Tonight, 2-4 leading off, providing speed.

Once again.

Thank you Houston Astros.

MajorMike
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
:lmao

FYI Preston is hitting .304 with 2 doubles and 3 homers and is a perfect 3 for 3 in stolen bases since joining the Cards.

leemajors
09-01-2006, 08:53 AM
:lmao

FYI Preston is hitting .304 with 2 doubles and 3 homers and is a perfect 3 for 3 in stolen bases since joining the Cards.

might wanna brush up on those reading skills buddy - his OBP is .304, his avg is actually .256 since joining the card.

MajorMike
09-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Its all good; he hit another homer again tonite. Say, how many games under .500 are y'all?

T Park
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
2-4

Home run, and a single.

Great move Stros :tu :lol

Absolutely classic.

What are the Stros now, 7 behind the Cards??

Wheres that "run" the Astros were supposed to make.

leemajors
09-02-2006, 12:13 AM
it's always a good move to get rid of dead weight. quit showing how little you know about baseball by pimping preston wilson, especially as a leadoff hitter. i'm sure you'd much rather have him there than eckstein. i'm sure you'll jump off the card wagon as soon as they lose a playoff game tpark.

MajorMike
09-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Actually, Eck is not a speed hitter; he doesn't steal bases. So Taguchi, a part-time player, leads us in stolen bases with 8. Preston has 3 in 12 games with us. Additionally, if you didn't know, Eck has been injured for some time - out since early Aug with a torn oblique. Additionally, Edmonds hasn't started but one game since before Eck was hurt. Edmonds had a conconssuion he never fully recovered from. Mulder has also been hurt all year. 3 All Stars on the DL, so yeah, I'm damn happy to see a signing like Wilson working out. If you think about it, the Cards have a history recently of late season signings that have worked out well.

leemajors
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
eck is a good leadoff hitter because he gets on base a lot and he's a smart batter, i think that is a loss that will show itself more in the playoffs. i'm just saying wilson strikes out way too much to be a dependable leadoff hitter, and he's not all that fast at all - the stros have a couple players much faster than him, and the stros aren't the quickest team out there - burke, taveras, everett to name a few. we could let him go because luke scott came on so strong. he was very disappointing this year, only 9 HRs with that short porch in left.

MajorMike
09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Luke Scott - former Oklahoma State Cowboy.

T Park
09-04-2006, 02:12 PM
i'm sure you'll jump off the card wagon as soon as they lose a playoff game tpark.

yeah jackass cause you know me PERSONALLY.

Shut your ass up and dont assume things about people assface.

leemajors
09-04-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah jackass cause you know me PERSONALLY.

Shut your ass up and dont assume things about people assface.

i don't have to know you personally, you're predictable enough as it is.

MajorMike
09-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Wow, making it personal. Don't be all swole cause the strobes aren't going anywhere.

leemajors
09-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Wow, making it personal. Don't be all swole cause the strobes aren't going anywhere.

i'm not making it personal at all. i am still grateful the stros got where they did the last two years, and very happy oswalt resigned. dude is just off base 95% of the time. besides, the card are making the playoffs but not going much of anywhere besides that - though that is farther than the stros will be going unless they all of a sudden remember how to get a runner home.

MajorMike
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
The Cards have 7 remaining games with the terrible slumping Brew Crew. They also have 7 games left with the strobes, who would play them tuff even if they were 10-150, just because hat's all they have left to play for. As well, they have a series left with both SF and SD, both at home, and both those teams are playing well and fighting to stay alive.

I don't know how you can trash the Cards so much. They got very injured around end of July. During that stretch, they lost 8 in a row and 13 of 17. 5 of those 8 games were by 2 or less and another was by 3. At the end of that run, Izzy blew 3 saves in 5 games. They fought out of the slump, taking 2 of 3 from the Reds when they were tied, taking 2 of 3 from red-hot Marlins (ending their 9-game streak). The pitching is warming up again, Izzy is back on track, Carpenter threw a complete game, Suppan had a shutout. Really in the past 2 weeks, our only bad pitching outing is my Mulder, who went back on the DL right after and won't pitch again. Weaver lost a 1-0 game. Marquis pitched 7 shutout before giving up a Kearns 2-run homer yesterday during Ortiz' bid for a no-hitter. They are 7-3 last 10, which is as good or better than any team in the NL with the exception of the 8-2 Marlins, which they gave the 2 losses to.

Cards are just warming up... which is exactly where you want to be right now.

leemajors
09-05-2006, 10:32 AM
i'm not really trashing the card, i just don't think they can win the NL. i wish the card and the stros would play in the playoffs again, the last 2 years have been incredible series to watch. better than any series in the last couple years save the sox coming back to bury the yanks.

Extra Stout
09-07-2006, 08:53 AM
If not for Isringhausen's ongoing Lidge-esque suckitude, Cards fans would have another reason to post something today.

T Park
09-13-2006, 02:41 AM
??

What was that about lidge esque suckitude? :lmao

MajorMike
09-13-2006, 08:47 AM
If not for Isringhausen's ongoing Lidge-esque suckitude, Cards fans would have another reason to post something today.

He's refering to Izzy's blown saves this year. At least Izzy doesn't go mental when he faces one man. FYI Izzy is going on the DL, possibly for the rest of the year. He had surgery on his hip 2 years ago and it is flaring up, which supposedly has been his prob all year.

You know, that the best relievers in history have the records for most blown saves in a season (15: Rollie Fingers, A's, 1976. 14: Ron Davis, Twins, 1984; Bob Stanley, Red Sox, 1983; Bruce Sutter, Cubs, 1978. 13: Goose Gossage, Yankees, 1983; John Hiller, Tigers, 1976; Dan Plesac, Brewers, 1987; Jeff Reardon, Expos, 1986; Dave Righetti, Yankees, 1987. 12: Mark Leiter, Phillies, 1998; Mike Marshall, Expos, 1973; Mike Marshall, Dodgers, 1974; Dan Quisenberry, Royals, 1985; Enrique Romo, Mariners, 1978; Lee Smith, Cubs, 1987; Bruce Sutter, Braves, 1985; Duane Ward, Blue Jays, 1989; Matt Young, Mariners, 1986.)

T Park
10-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Bump.

Preston comes up tonight, gets a basehit to get the scoring going to tie the game.

Once again.

Thank you Houston Astros for giving the Cardinals Preston Wilson.

Need a refill on that Pina Colada there boys? :lmao

RogerIsEatingASandwich
10-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Bump.

Preston comes up tonight, gets a basehit to get the scoring going to tie the game.

Once again.

Thank you Houston Astros for giving the Cardinals Preston Wilson.

Need a refill on that Pina Colada there boys? :lmao

The Cards could be drinking Pina Coladas with Astros very soon. They have to get past the Mets.

T Park
10-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Even if they don't theyve exceeded all expectations.

Especially 19-20 ESPN experts who picked the Padres.

MajorMike
01-18-2007, 11:02 AM

Just thought of this thread today and had to search for it. I guess they added a bit more to their resume. World Series ring, 2 NL Pennants, over 300 wins in 3 years, 6 Division Crowns in 7 years. I'd say that's pretty dominant.

NorCal510
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
get over the fucking cardinals. MLB season is over u douche face

MajorMike
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Hahaha go A's. Sell your Zito jersey yet?

T Park
01-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Boy, the Cards owned some hatas in this thread :smokin

Preston Wilson came up huge against the Mets too.

Game tying hit and winning run in game 5.

Bring him on back Walt.