PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Young goes all Mel Gibson on us...without being drunk!

Yonivore
08-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Young quits Wal-Mart group after remarks (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/stories/0818young.html)

Speaking as a spokesman for Wal*Mart (nice call, guys), Young said, in response to whether Wal*Mart ought to be concerned about driving "mom and pop" stores out of business:

"Well, I think they should; they ran the 'mom and pop' stores out of my neighborhood," the Sentinel, a newspaper serving the African-American community, reported. "But you see, those are the people who have been overcharging us — selling us stale bread and bad meat and wilted vegetables. And they sold out and moved to Florida. I think they've ripped off our communities enough. First it was Jews, then it was Koreans and now it's Arabs; very few black people own these stores."

Of course, the MSM will be all over this, right?

Extra Stout
08-18-2006, 05:16 PM
So I guess the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is what, like a fringe underground weekly or something?

boutons_
08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Andy needs to explain why Jews, Asians, and Arabs have been running these stores for several generations that sell shitty, overpriced goods that blacks are forced to buy instead of blacks running their own neighborhood stores.

What if blacks were running these stores and selling well-priced, quality goods to blacks, would Andy want Wal-mart to run them out, too?

Extra Stout
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Andy needs to explain why Jews, Asians, and Arabs have been running these stores for several generations that sell shitty, overpriced goods that blacks are forced to buy instead of blacks running their own neighborhood stores.

What if blacks were running these stores and selling well-priced, quality goods to blacks, would Andy want Wal-mart to run them out, too?
Because Koreans and Arabs are in league with the Man.

Ocotillo
08-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Of course, the MSM will be all over this, right?

Don't know about the MSM but the liberal blogs are smacking him for his stupidity.

Spurologist
08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
South Park had an episode entirely about this.

Yonivore
08-19-2006, 01:47 AM
So I guess the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is what, like a fringe underground weekly or something?
Yeah, pretty much.

sickdsm
08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
People act suprprised when someone speaks out about the stereotypes.

White men have no funk

Blacks don't yearn to get out of the ghetto enough

White Chicks love a black cock

Jews control a large portion of the business world and are frugal.

What's next? Everyone freaking out because someone assumes your're smart if you're Asian?

I wonder if Mel got arrested by a Chinese cop if he would have gotten into so much trouble for assuming his kids were extremely bright at Math.

Mr. Peabody
08-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

It was also in the E-N this weekend.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Because Koreans and Arabs are in league with the Man.
this sounds like a job for...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/manumania/undercoverbro.jpg

whottt
08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
People act suprprised when someone speaks out about the stereotypes.

White men have no funk

Blacks don't yearn to get out of the ghetto enough

White Chicks love a black cock

Jews control a large portion of the business world and are frugal.

What's next? Everyone freaking out because someone assumes your're smart if you're Asian?

I wonder if Mel got arrested by a Chinese cop if he would have gotten into so much trouble for assuming his kids were extremely bright at Math.

Look there is some truth to a lot of the stereotypes...most of them are cultural or environmental...

I don't think that's a big deal...

The big deal and mistake, is when you say someone can't do something because of their color or their sex...

IE: A white guy can't be fast or jump high

A black guy can't be an effective QB...

Women are too emotionally weak to be in a postition of authority...

Stuff like that, statements destined to be proven wrong and make fools of those that made that judgement....

whottt
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh by the way...this guy in this article needs to STFU and go buy a store.

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
The Jews, Koreans, and Arabs probably would have liked to offer top-quality merchandise at low prices, but the armed robberies tend to cut into the bottom line.

sickdsm
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I agree about the stereotypeing. But if Mel Gibson would have said "A lot of the wars are started by the Jews, are you a Jew?" You know he would have been in the same boat.

I agree with THAT statement.