PDA

View Full Version : Jerryd Bayless recommits to Arizona

IcemanCometh
08-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh well (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/preps/articles/0816bayless.html)

I wonder if hes still as bad a player as whats his name said he was.

JMarkJohns
08-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Little late boyo. And quit with the ol' obtuse act. Though fitting, it's past its prime. Being that you're a member of a message board, I figure you capable of reading and understanding simple and valid points, so please, stop with the extremeism.

It, like this topic as a whole, has already been addressed.

Check it out for yourself.

But to answer your question, being that he is now going to play his natural SG position rather than the unnatural PG one, yes, his impact will be that much greater.

It's like had PJ Tucker been asked to play center last year. He'll get a few points and a few rebounds, but overall, his impact and significance as a player would have been reduced from it's PF-skill level.

Understand?

Yes? No? Still Dumb as a block? Whatever.

Logic is lost on ya...

cecil collins
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, we failed to get your point. It's not that everything not AU smells like shit to you. You ragged him pretty good when was supposedly going to Texas,(yes for the love of god, i know as a PG) but now he's back and he's a the greatest thing to hit CBB since Miles Simon. I got your point, but it sounded more like sour grapes to me.

JMarkJohns
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
You can you take the following as sour grapes?

"They are great gets"
"If used right, they will do great"

I fully qualified any criticism of Bayless at Texas, so pardon me if I don't buy your whole "Change of place, change of mind" position. If anything it was always a "Change of position, change of impact" stance. I think Durant and Augustine are two great players and if both stay for two years, Texas with Gary Johnson and whomever else will be a very talented, Elite-8 team. If Durant can play in the Big-12 the way he did in the All-Star games, then perhaps even this year, though it will be much tougher.