PDA

View Full Version : went in for my flight physical

chode_regulator
08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
on wed. i had contacts in so they told me to come abck fri to finsh it. basically get the eye exam done and the look over from the doc. well i passed my eye exam, thank god, and passed the physical. but then was told when they did my pressure test on my eyes that i have high pressure. this apparently is indicative of glaucoma and now i have to go in for more tests at lejeune hospital. :depressed i guess on the bright side i might be able to :smokin legally. but on the bad side i could go blind.
but they arent even sure i have it as high pressure doesnt necesarlity mean i will get glaucoma. but still not something someone my age should be worrying about. and they wonder why people never go to medical. :rolleyes
and damn would the flight pay really help me out. im looking at gaining almost 5 bills a month by flying and getting food alowance.
stupid eyes.

Fillmoe
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
i got a solution....... kill yourself

Kori Ellis
08-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I had the same problem (high optic nerve pressure) a few years back. They might just watch it and see if it gets worse, or they could give you drops.

Mine went back to normal after about a year.

Fillmoe
08-19-2006, 10:42 PM
http://www.glaucoma.co.il/hebrew/images/Xalatan_HEB.jpg

chode_regulator
08-19-2006, 10:45 PM
i got a solution....... kill yourself
youre right i should.

I had the same problem (high optic nerve pressure) a few years back. They might just watch it and see if it gets worse, or they could give you drops.

Mine went back to normal after about a year.
i probably wouldnt even care rgiht now that my pressure is high but like i said the doc wont sign off on my physical. and 450 x 24 is alot. plus when i deploy i would haz duty pay plus combat pay plus other pay as well so thsi could end up cositng me almost 10 g's. not to mention the risk of glaucoma. from what ive read its mostly blakc males that have to wrry about it. but i have myopia which also is a factor as well as high pressure so....
hopefully when i get more extensively tested on monday the results come back better

btw, kori im glad yours went away. i wouldnt wish blindness on anyone.