PDA

View Full Version : Is Bush An Idiot?

Nbadan
08-20-2006, 05:19 AM
http://www.firedoglake.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/bushidiot.jpg

Actual graphic on M$NBC

Among Conservative Voices, Discord
Sunday, August 20, 2006; A04

For 10 minutes, the talk show host grilled his guests about whether "George Bush's mental weakness is damaging America's credibility at home and abroad." For 10 minutes, the caption across the bottom of the television screen read, "IS BUSH AN 'IDIOT'?"

But the host was no liberal media elitist. It was Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman turned MSNBC political pundit. And his answer to the captioned question was hardly "no." While other presidents have been called stupid, Scarborough said: "I think George Bush is in a league by himself. I don't think he has the intellectual depth as these other people."

These have been tough days politically for President Bush, what with his popularity numbers mired in the 30s and Republican candidates distancing themselves as elections near. He can no longer even rely as much on once-friendly voices in the conservative media to stand by his side, as some columnists and television commentators lose faith in his leadership and lose heart in the war in Iraq.

While most conservative media figures have not abandoned Bush, influential opinion-makers increasingly have raised questions, expressed doubts or attacked the president outright, particularly on foreign policy, on which he has long enjoyed their strongest support. In some cases, they have complained that Bush has drifted away from their shared principles; in other cases, they think it is the implementation that has fallen short. In most instances, Iraq figures prominently.

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/19/AR2006081900568.html)

Dubya's has never been a big detail oriented guy, but he's really an effective salesman who knows just enough to convince his audience that what he is selling is a good buy, even if it really isn't, but he couldn't tell you the nuts and bolts of how what he is selling works. He leaves that to the brainiacs.

I find this interesting that media pundits like Scarborough, a conservative, are using such a derogatory word as 'idiot' to describe a President and an administration which will effectively shut you out of interviews and leaks if they feel that you publicly diss them. I can't help but think this is some sort of ploy to gain sympathy for Dubya.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-20-2006, 06:42 AM
I cannot answer this question on the basis that it may prejudice my re-entry into your country to watch the Spurs play ball. :lol

Can you PLEASE elect a progressive next time???

zeleni
08-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a better question. Mine or yours?? Who is a better idiot?

:lol

smeagol
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Nah, simply put, he is not too bright.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
He must be doing something right, he's currently running the most powerful country in the world. :lol

exstatic
08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
He must be doing something right, he's currently running the most powerful country in the world. :lol
He won two popularity contests. Paris Hilton is popular as hell, and SHE sure as fuck is an idiot.

Extra Stout
08-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Into the ground.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Into the ground.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

smeagol
08-20-2006, 12:44 PM

C'mon Aggie, the guy is not too bright.

Admit it.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Admit it.
There seems to be an epidemic of idiot presidents over here in America http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

smeagol
08-20-2006, 12:55 PM
There seems to be an epidemic of idiot presidents over here in America http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

You got that straight, buddy! :spin

Fillmoe
08-20-2006, 01:07 PM
He is one dumb motherfucka! Dude should never have been able to even run for president. We have the dumbest leader of any fucking country! This mothafucka says some of the stupidest/ignorant shit I have ever heard a politician say. We need Clinton back to blaze blunts and get boss head while running the country perfectly!

Extra Stout
08-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Thabo Mbeki is probably dumber than Bush.

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes he is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-20-2006, 03:36 PM

Admit it.

I'm just having fun with the obvious inferiority complex some on this site have towards our president.

scott
08-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Why does Joe Scarborough hate America?

Clandestino
08-20-2006, 06:07 PM
we know a few things... money doesn't buy the presidency or ross perot would have been president by now...

bush is THE LEADER OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATION ON EARTH.

my vote is an idiot doesn't become president of the USA.

boutons_
08-20-2006, 06:21 PM
"my vote is an idiot doesn't become president of the USA."

... speaking for the idiots who voted for dubya, and prove everyday they haven't seen the error of their idiotic ways.

We are only short away from the point where evil puppetmaster dickhead and his wood-brained dubya will have wasted as many military lives in Iraq as Osama wasted in his WTC atack.

Osama got lots of bang for his $200K attack.

dickhead and dubya got absolutely nothing back for their $1T phony Repug Iraq war.

Clandestino
08-20-2006, 06:46 PM
lmao...

jochhejaam
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
If he is, what does that say about the pathetic Party that couldn't unseat him? Bigger idiots?

smeagol
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM
If you think this guy is bright, then you have not watched his speaches enough.

I'm not saying he is an idiot, a la boutons, just pointing out he is simply not a bright person.

sijiexi
08-20-2006, 08:32 PM
gd question,but it is hard to answer it.
In my eyes Bush makes USA so strong ,which is his
contribution but he hurt too many ppl in the middle east

.VF21
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Am I fat and ugly?

scott
08-20-2006, 09:05 PM
If he is, what does that say about the pathetic Party that couldn't unseat him? Bigger idiots?

I think that's a pretty good assessment of the situation.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-20-2006, 09:12 PM
He won two popularity contests. Paris Hilton is popular as hell, and SHE sure as fuck is an idiot.

And he didn't really even win the first one - he and his brother cheated.

That is something that really concerns me - America holds itself up as a paragon of democracy, and yet the results of the last two elections have been compromised by all manner of scandal and suggestion of illegality. Oh, and a paragon of justice that won't try the guys in Guantanamo Bay.

Hypocrisy at that level doesn't hlep the US's image overseas.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-20-2006, 09:18 PM

Ah, no. Hell, GW isn't running the White House, his "advisors" are, guys like Rove.

GW is a moron, and because of that he's a perfect puppet for the kingmakers behind the throne whispering in his ear and quietly doing whatever they please. Sheesh, wake up America!? You really believe GW is the one who thought up the brilliant bastardry of the last 6 years?

Why do you think Colin Powell resigned?

boutons_
08-20-2006, 09:45 PM
"pathetic Party that couldn't unseat him"

always changing the subect. you fuckers think anybody still falls , or ever fell, for that stupidity?

rove and dickhead started their Repug re-election war a s"immeidate and only option" so dubya could run as a war president. Even with that scare-'em appeal to the sheeple, he was barely re-elected with the 2nd smallest margin ever for a sitting president.

With no phony Repug Iraq war fooling the sheeple, dubya would have been defeated.

Wasted American military lives are the cost of dubya's re-election.

ShackO
08-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Bush is no idiot…. Contrary to how it may look.

IMO his major flaw is his emotion….. Or letting it get the best of him…. :pctoss

Many important decisions he makes are first made emotionally :monkey and personally……..

After making these decisions he then seeks the rational justifications necessary from his staff and thus incurring their favor and support for the conclusions he has already drawn..:cheer (Essentially seeking reinforcement for the emotional conclusions he has already concluded..)
:spless:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Ah, brother, I work in government and things don't happen that way.

Every decision is carefully crafted over months/years - nothing is EVER off the cuff then justified later. Govt always knows exactly what it is going to do, then what it will say about it. Rove and his pals worked this strategy out 10 years ago. There is no 'from the hip" about it. And George is just a muppet, he's Kermit to their Jim Henson.

Boutons, thank you for speaking sense.

jochhejaam
08-21-2006, 05:53 AM
[QUOTE=RuffnReadyOzStyle]Ah, no. Hell, GW isn't running the White House, his "advisors" are, guys like Rove.
Ruff, every President relies on their advisors, that's the point of appointing them.

Why do you think Colin Powell resigned?
If you have documented statements from Powell other than the reasons Powell himself gave that were aired by in the news mediums, please post them. Other than his personally stated reasons, every other opinion is merely conjecture. Meaning, your opinions carry no more weight than anyone elses (maybe a hairs breadth more than boutons).

Ah, brother, I work in government
You and millions of others. That makes you a statistic, not an expert or an insider privy to anything more than the rest of us.

boutons_
08-21-2006, 06:54 AM
"Many important decisions he makes are first made emotionally and personally…"

In a 60-year-old person whose decisions can and have caused the deaths of 10's of 1000s of innocent people, emotional-only decesions are truly idiocy. He's intellectually limited, stunted, uninterested and ununinteresting. His failure to articulate is actually his inability to ideate. He's just fucking dumb as a bag of hammers, and his family's money and the Repug puppet-masteers can't fix that.

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Bush is no idiot…. Contrary to how it may look.

IMO his major flaw is his emotion….. Or letting it get the best of him…. :pctoss

Many important decisions he makes are first made emotionally :monkey and personally……..

After making these decisions he then seeks the rational justifications necessary from his staff and thus incurring their favor and support for the conclusions he has already drawn..:cheer (Essentially seeking reinforcement for the emotional conclusions he has already concluded..)
Example?

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Ah, brother, I work in government and things don't happen that way.

Every decision is carefully crafted over months/years - nothing is EVER off the cuff then justified later. Govt always knows exactly what it is going to do, then what it will say about it. Rove and his pals worked this strategy out 10 years ago. There is no 'from the hip" about it. And George is just a muppet, he's Kermit to their Jim Henson.

Boutons, thank you for speaking sense.
Well... sort of. There are competing agendas, even within a single Administration, and events can change which ones are in ascendancy.

The Bush Administration is roughly on its third general foreign policy strategy in five and a half years.
1) Disengagement -- 1/01 to 9/01
2) Neoconservatism -- 9/01 to 1/05
3) Pragmatism -- 1/05 to present

DarkReign
08-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Yes.

Next question...

cheguevara
08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.ringoffireradio.com/video/Bush%20Crying.jpg

2centsworth
08-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Why does Joe Scarborough hate America?
Isn't it interesting that it's a Republican asking the question. Look at Hagel and William F. Buckley who openly criticize their own. However, in the Democratic Party you see a huge backlash against guys like Leiberman.

That's an example of how the Republican Party is a more free thinking party than the Dems.

Bush was never my choice but the dems never gave us a viable alternative.

2centsworth
08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately so. For the sake of this country the Dems need to step it up.

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 06:19 PM
The biggest reason Scarborough brings this up is that his ratings are in the toilet, and this kind of stunt gets him some headlines and maybe some viewers, so that he doesn't lose his MSNBC gig.

It is not part of some wholesale abandonment of the President by the chattering classes that I can see.

ShackO
08-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Example?

sadaam was a target the day he was elected.............. For personal reasons..

WMD's, Democracy??? Please, it was all about the dad.............:depressed

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
sadaam was a target the day he was elected.............. For personal reasons..

WMD's, Democracy??? Please, it was all about the dad.............:depressed
There were people in DC planning the Iraq war even before Bush won re-election as governor in Austin.

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately so. For the sake of this country the Dems need to step it up.
2cents, would you agree that the weakness and the dysfunction of the Democratic Party has compromised the accountability of the Republicans to their constituents, inasmuch as they have less fear of being voted out of power without a competent opposition party?

scott
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Isn't it interesting that it's a Republican asking the question. Look at Hagel and William F. Buckley who openly criticize their own. However, in the Democratic Party you see a huge backlash against guys like Leiberman.

That's an example of how the Republican Party is a more free thinking party than the Dems.

Bush was never my choice but the dems never gave us a viable alternative.

I think Lieberman is a bad example, since I think he's always been more concerned about keeping his job than serving his country - but I pretty much agree. There is a reason the Democrats can't manage to beat the political equivilent of the University of Buffalo.

2centsworth
08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
2cents, would you agree that the weakness and the dysfunction of the Democratic Party has compromised the accountability of the Republicans to their constituents, inasmuch as they have less fear of being voted out of power without a competent opposition party?
Absolutely.

Nbadan
08-21-2006, 10:53 PM

Democrats held onto the South, Texas and the Presidency for decades, does the term yellow-dog Democrat ring a bell? Republicans are in danger of losing their power after just a few years. Look at the state Republican party, there are no young rising stars in the party

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Democrats held onto the South, Texas and the Presidency for decades, does the term yellow-dog Democrat ring a bell? Republicans are in danger of losing their power after just a few years. Look at the state Republican party, there are no young rising stars in the party
Here is a prime example of my frustration. 2cents and I are making what is seemingly a simple point about the ineptitude of Democrats in recent years leading to the widespread corruption and ineffectuality in the Republican Party (which is fairly likely to lead to loss of Congress), in the absence of a credible opposition to keep them honest up to this point.

Easy point to follow, it would seem. I don't see why a Democrat would argue the point. All a Dem should have to do is nod his head and grin.

But instead, here comes Dan with some mind-numbingly ridiculous point about how the Democratic Party used to be dominant, I guess, thirty or forty years ago. I mean, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Just a modicum of basic human cognition is all I'm asking for here.

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 11:14 PM
My basic frustration is that no matter how low the Republican bar goes, the Democrats always seem to slide cleanly right underneath it, leaving us with nobody to steer what we hope can remain the world's most powerful nation through some very stormy seas.

2centsworth
08-21-2006, 11:45 PM
My basic frustration is that no matter how low the Republican bar goes, the Democrats always seem to slide cleanly right underneath it, leaving us with nobody to steer what we hope can remain the world's most powerful nation through some very stormy seas.
Amen!

Nbadan
08-22-2006, 12:40 AM

It's time to turn off the wingnut radio for the day and look at some real substance, on all the important issues, domesic, and even the war on terra, it's Democrats who are drawing consistently strong numbers. What the Democratic Party has been weak at is putting like-minded constituencies together in States that matter, like West Virginia, Tennesse, Florida and Ohio to raise money, do phone banks mail brochures, and attack, attack, attack, you know, all the boring Politico stuff, but the important thing is that Demos have managed to split the corporate money going into campaigns for the mid-terms.

I don't think the question for the mid-terms is whether or not the Democrats will make gains in the House and Senate, but exactly how large these gains will be. Nonetheless, I'm sure most of you saw the editorial in this weeks local fishwrap calling this past session the 'less-than-do-nothing-Congress', very appropriate. Those kinds of things tend to resonate with voters.

sabar
08-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Internets. Suicider. Misunderestimated.

While a genius may have problems talking, it sure doesn't help your credibility.

I mean, cmon. Internets.

DarkReign
08-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Internets. Suicider. Misunderestimated.

While a genius may have problems talking, it sure doesn't help your credibility.

I mean, cmon. Internets.

:lmao

Well put.

2centsworth
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
It's time to turn off the wingnut radio for the day and look at some real substance, on all the important issues, domesic, and even the war on terra, it's Democrats who are drawing consistently strong numbers. What the Democratic Party has been weak at is putting like-minded constituencies together in States that matter, like West Virginia, Tennesse, Florida and Ohio to raise money, do phone banks mail brochures, and attack, attack, attack, you know, all the boring Politico stuff, but the important thing is that Demos have managed to split the corporate money going into campaigns for the mid-terms.

I don't think the question for the mid-terms is whether or not the Democrats will make gains in the House and Senate, but exactly how large these gains will be. Nonetheless, I'm sure most of you saw the editorial in this weeks local fishwrap calling this past session the 'less-than-do-nothing-Congress', very appropriate. Those kinds of things tend to resonate with voters.

15 years ago the dems had somewhere around a 100 seat majority in the house and a 5 seat majority in the senate. It's been all downhill from there.

Extra Stout
08-22-2006, 11:23 AM

Certainly your Mr. Howard Dean, despite his YEAARRRRGGHHH persona in front of the cameras, has been doing a yeoman's work in reconstructing the precinct-level infrastructure of the party that had become so degraded as navel-gazing among the elite chattering classes became the dominant expression of the Democrats. That infrastructure is the root of any party, and when it decays, the party ends up looking like my lawn right now (brown and dead).

What people like you probably should do is resist the urge to go on ideological purges as soon as your party starts to show a pulse.

gameFACE
08-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Typical Bush stupidity:

In yesterdays press conference he mentions Iraq and 9/11 in the same breath (again).

reporter: What does Iraq have to do with 9/11?
Dubya: (stumbling) uuumm, NOTHING!

My reaction to the prez: Are you that fucking stupid?

He could at least try another song and dance.

ShackO
08-22-2006, 02:38 PM
There were people in DC planning the Iraq war even before Bush won re-election as governor in Austin.

So what??? They got plans to attack lots of places as well as Russia and CHina...........:spin

That has nothing to do what was in jr's head and what his anger was going to lead to........

He twisted shxt around and implied that sadaam was in bed with the terrorist and the wmd's to act upon his hate for sadaam........ :smokin

Extra Stout
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
So what??? They got plans to attack lots of places as well as Russia and CHina...........:spin

That has nothing to do what was in jr's head and what his anger was going to lead to........

He twisted shxt around and implied that sadaam was in bed with the terrorist and the wmd's to act upon his hate for sadaam........ :smokin
The PNAC crowd had been pushing for an invasion of Iraq to "democratize" the Middle East since 1997. They may have had an easy time getting Bush to go along with it, but it wasn't his idea to begin with.

ShackO
08-22-2006, 08:50 PM
The PNAC crowd had been pushing for an invasion of Iraq to "democratize" the Middle East since 1997. They may have had an easy time getting Bush to go along with it, but it wasn't his idea to begin with.

LOL........... We are talking his motivation...... You can believe what you wish..... I have already stated what I believe and why...... Bush wanted sadaams ass and you know the reasons..........

Nbadan
08-23-2006, 12:29 AM
15 years ago the dems had somewhere around a 100 seat majority in the house and a 5 seat majority in the senate. It's been all downhill from there.

That the Demos are challenging again for Congress is an important indicator of the present national mood - kick the bums out! That's just what happened to the Demos when they became arrogant with power and started putting their own interests, and the agenda of it's party, above the interests of its constituents.

You see, it's not that politicians are crooked when they come to Washington, some are, some aren't, but all of them become influenced by the Power of being a U.S. Senator or Congressperson, and they want to hold onto that prestige. In fact, they'll do anything to hold onto it and incumbents have a high return rate. So, legislators compromise on issues that aren't always exactly in their constancies best interests, sometimes because it's what the party wants, i.e. tax cuts, or its what their corporate donors want, i.e. growth hormones in milk.

I think what is really needed is a Legislative term limit, and I’m not talking a 2-year, 2-term limit like S.A.’s ridiculous city council term limit, but one like 10 years, so that Congress can still form meaningful committees, but there is more accountability by whichever party is currently in control to the will of the constituents, who’s interests are so often ignored by those in power.

Right now, because of the high incumbency rate for Legislators, it's like the city electing a permanent City Council and expecting them not to be influenced by the power and money.

BIG IRISH
08-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Is Bush an Idiot?

I would suggest that someone get him a few book that are relative:

not these:
A sampling of the president's reading list so far this year, according to White House aides:

Alexander II: The Last Great Tsar by Edvard Radzinsky

American Prometheus by Kai Bird and Martin Sherwin (a biography of Robert Oppenheimer, an inventor of the atomic bomb)

Clemente: The Passion and Grace of Baseball's Last Hero by David Maraniss (about the late all-star Pittsburgh Pirates right fielder)

Lincoln: A Life of Purpose and Power by Richard Carwardine

Lincoln's Greatest Speech: The Second Inaugural by Ronald C. White Jr.

Mao: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday

Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks

Polio: An American Story by David Oshinsky (discussing how polio affected the United States in the mid-20th century)

The Big Bam: The Life and Times of Babe Ruth by Leigh Montville

The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History by John M. Barry

Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Why liberals hate you! by Big Irish-just kidding on this one

boutons_
08-23-2006, 02:34 AM
"according to White House aides:"

amazing, you dumbfucks believe this shit? This list is fake, put together by Rove and his bootlickers.

dubya should have prepared for the presidency at Yale and Harvard and for the 30 years after, not 6 years AFTER he was elected.

The man is incurious and uninterested, and totally incapable of and unprepared for being president.

Ocotillo
08-23-2006, 05:49 PM
The last book Bush read was Leading the free world for Dummies

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-23-2006, 05:59 PM
"according to White House aides:"

amazing, you dumbfucks believe this shit?

The same could be said about anything that begins with any of the following:

1. According to NBADan
2. According to croutons
3. According to the Democratic Party
4. According to the New York Times
5. According to Democratic Undergound
6. According to Al Jazeera
7. According to Asia Times

What's your point?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Typical Bush stupidity:

In yesterdays press conference he mentions Iraq and 9/11 in the same breath (again).

reporter: What does Iraq have to do with 9/11?
Dubya: (stumbling) uuumm, NOTHING!

My reaction to the prez: Are you that fucking stupid?

He could at least try another song and dance.

This (emboldened) is entirely deliberate, btw. If people hear something enough times they believe it, as was demonstrated by more than half of the US population who believed there was a link shortly after the war began. I wonder how many believe it today. GW obviously still does! :lol

The neo-cons use the same strategy of speciously linking unrelated subjects all the time. Listen to Limbaugh some time - one of his specialties is leaps of logic with no connection.

Most people are too busy (or too lazy to analyse the world around them) to notice. :depressed

The Stranger - Albert Camus

Irish, why is that on the list? Is GW gonna become an existentialist next? :lol