PDA

View Full Version : great article by fiba.com

fred33
08-20-2006, 07:39 AM
FRA - Longoria's choice made easier

SENDAI (FIBA World Championship) - Tony Parker's injury has been a huge blow for France, for the player himself, the fans and his family.

But you could be forgiven for finding an almost positive side to Parker's injury as it seems to resolve a dilemma that could have proved unsolvable for his girlfriend Eva Longoria.

The star of the hit TV show Desperate Housewives - who attended France's game against Argentina yesterday - is a self-confessed basketball fanatic, especially of Parker's San Antonio Spurs team and also of the American national side.

So how would she have felt if Les Bleus - with Parker leading the way - had run into Team USA at some point in the FIBA World Championship? Who would she have supported?

"That would be a really tough decision to make," Ms Longoria said. "In the first place my allegiance is with the man I love but then I also want to support my country."

"I'm a big fan of basketball in general and I think the USA have some of the more talented players you can find."

"I really love LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul is a great point guard. I think Team USA could go really far in this tournament."

Longoria and Parker are leaving Japan today as she returns to the set for a new season of the TV show while he heads back to San Antonio to get his injury attended to by the Spurs medical staff.

But she has enjoyed her time here and looks forward to attending more international competitions in the future.

"This was my first time at the FIBA World Championship and I really loved the atmosphere. It was such a thrill to hear all these fans from various countries yelling in different languages and displaying so much passion for the game and for their team."

"I look forward to going to the European Championships in Spain next year."

And Eva admits that she is not the quiet type when she is watching a game.
"I am the loud kind of fan who knows enough about the game that I will yell in protest if I think some bad calls were made. That's how passionate I am."

Argentina may have beaten France but she won't hold it against Tony's backcourt mate in San Antonio, Manu Ginobili, who played a major role in deciding the game's outcome.

"It's to get mad at Manu for beating France. He is one of Argentina's main forces and also he does very well for the Spurs so I won't hold it against him."

Simon Wilkinson

WalterBenitez
08-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Eva is the BEST, that's why I envy the llitlle French :D
BTW, when TP is arriving to SA, I am concern about his injury, many players would opted to play, but since TP is young (and I support his decision, not to mention that his retire allowed us -ARG- to defeat them).

TDMVPDPOY
08-20-2006, 08:33 AM
wat does this has to do with spurs? how come all shit related to eva gets thrown into the spurs section....

fred33
08-20-2006, 08:38 AM
she speak about manu team usa and basketball

WalterBenitez
08-20-2006, 09:25 AM
wat does this has to do with spurs? how come all shit related to eva gets thrown into the spurs section....
She is most beautiful and better Spurs'fan than you are ? :oops

spurschick
08-20-2006, 09:41 AM
She's kinda got an Erin Barry thing going with the hair.

WalterBenitez
08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
TP & EVA are on E! (with Seacrest or sth like that) Latin America; Eva is so hot ...