PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Disorders

Jelly
08-21-2006, 12:16 AM
anyone have 'em? I deal with insomnia on and off. I used to be a sleep walker (not anymore) and I'm a serial sleep talker... my boyfriend says I talk more during my sleep more than I do all day.
Just had to go on Ambien CR. Took 2 doses two hours ago. Still wide awake. You people who fall asleep when your head hits the pillow should count your blessings. Insomnia just sucks. I'm about to take two more pills....wish me luck. :smchode:

Jekka
08-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I've had nothing but good luck with Ambien - though I've never been on the controlled release version you're on. Ambien has never been able to put me to sleep, though, it just keeps me asleep once I get there on my own - but it does a damn good job.

When I had really nasty insomnia (3-4 days on average without any sleep), nothing worked except biofeedback therapy.

CuckingFunt
08-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I've had insomnia since I was a kid. Can't turn my brain off long enough to fall asleep no matter what I do. For a long time, zoning out in front of the TV was good enough to put me to sleep, but that doesn't work anymore. There's no point in me even trying to go to sleep anymore unless I'm genuinely too tired to stay awake.

I've also been told I talk in my sleep.

Ari Gold
08-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Have you tried hitting yourself over the head with a bat?

Jelly
08-21-2006, 12:45 AM

believe me, I've thought of it. Along with chugging a bottle of whiskey (A LOT cheaper than these meds), but neither would help my brain functioning for my 8am meeting tomorrow. I'll have to look into this biodfeedback thing Jekka mentioned.

Fillmoe
08-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Yo let me be real for a minute. I work at a pharmacy and I see things like this all the time. What is the difference between legal drug companies and illegal drug lords? They both need to build a consumer base. I knew this chick from high school that suffered from depression and she would be on her meds to keep her "normal" but yet all through high school she was the loner type. About a year ago I seen her at a store happier than a mothafucker with her boyfriend. I asked her how she got over it, and she told me one day she just stopped taking the meds and started noticing changes. I am not saying all legal drugs are bad but I just have this feeling some of them purposely try to keep the consumer buying their product. All I am saying is that if the Ambien isn't working for you why keep taking it?

DaSpurs#1
08-21-2006, 12:57 AM
sometimes i cant go to sleep no mater how hard i try, the more i try the more i don't go to sleep. also when i have a routine before i go to sleep or i can't go to sleep i have to start out facing my left side for a bit then turn over to the right for a bit then back to the left usually i fall asleep after that. benadryl works fine for me as a sleep aid. had a muscle relaxant one time when worked too hard one time and had to go to school the next day after being off of Christmas break and man the combination of having to wake up early and the muscle relaxant wasn't great. the whole day i was out of it. my friends lauhhed at me being out of it, thats how bad it was :)

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2006, 12:59 AM
my day starts when its 6pm, then go back to sleep at 6-8am dependin on the fukn cunts who are makn noises in the apartment, fuckn my room is next to the public stairs :(:( junkies runnin up and down, screamin n shit, i hate it. i also hate it when the arabs have ramadan, nothing against them but when they pratice that, it is usually durin my exams, and i hate it..........these days im like a fuckn vampire, sleep all durin the day, wake up at 6pm look for pussy

phyzik
08-21-2006, 03:00 AM
I have the same problem with sleep.... no matter how early I have to wake up I STILL cant go to sleep before 3am (and thats when I lay in bed at 11pm, or earlier, with nothing on). Seriously, it may not be an option for you, but marijuana puts me to sleep pretty quick.... And yes I have a job that tests. Just have to time it. (Honestly, thats ALL I use it for.)

Another thing that helps is Tylonol PM... I dont know what they have in that shit but damn it works good sometimes.

case in point, look at the time of my post, Im out of drugs and have to wake up at 6:30am :(

Jelly
08-21-2006, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Fillmoe]Yo let me be real for a minute. I work at a pharmacy and I see things like this all the time. What is the difference between legal drug companies and illegal drug lords? They both need to build a consumer base. I knew this chick from high school that suffered from depression and she would be on her meds to keep her "normal" but yet all through high school she was the loner type. About a year ago I seen her at a store happier than a mothafucker with her boyfriend. I asked her how she got over it, and she told me one day she just stopped taking the meds and started noticing changes. I am not saying all legal drugs are bad but I just have this feeling some of them purposely try to keep the consumer buying their product. All I am saying is that if the Ambien isn't working for you why keep taking it?[/
QUOTE]

fair question. Actually it usually works miracles for me. I only started taking it about a month ago and couldn't believe how much better my days were now that I actually slept like a normal person. I'd wake up at 6am bright eyed and bushy tailed. But I don't have it on hand all the time. I did last night, but for whatever reason, it didn't work ...that is until I took, like, a triple dose. But I'm feeling tired this am.

Kevin Trudeau
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Say NO to both prescription AND non-prescription drugs. They will only cause More sickness and disease.

Do an elimination of all nonprescription and prescription drugs, get a liver and candida cleanse, and a full body cleanse. Eat only organic foods.

Get 15 colonics in 30 days and then get back to me.

Don't believe the scam, that only drugs can cure disease. :td

Those are lies we have been fed by the F.D.A. and Big Pharma so that they can make money off of your suffering, and I'm blowing the whistle!

leemajors
08-21-2006, 10:12 AM

are you gonna get fired?

1Parker1
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I was sleeping fairly well for the past couple of months...meaning that as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out. Normally, I don't have trouble sleeping...in fact I used to be one of those people who could sleep in till noon, and still be able to take a "nap" that afternoon around 3 or 4.

However, for the past couple weeks, due to stress and a bunch of other stuff, I cannot for the life of me fall asleep. As someone else mentioned, it's the whole "turning off my brain" factor that isn't letting me. I always keep some Tylonol PM in my room...however, even that isn't helping as quickly or as much as I would like. I took some a few days ago around 11 pm...I didn't end up falling asleep until around 3 am...and I still woke up (without needing an alarm) a around 7 the next morning. Tylonol PM just makes me feel groggy and out of sorts.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for any OTC sleep aids? I heard that Unisom is pretty good, but haven't tried it.

angel_luv
08-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Try eating an oatmeal cookie before bed. I am nearly postive I read somewhere that oatmeal makes you sleepy.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T042400.asp