PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a trade today?

MaNu4Tres
08-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Well August 21st is here everyone, which means Eric Williams and Matt Bonner can now be traded. Anyway is there any chance we can see Brent Barry packaged with Eric Williams in a sign and trade for Al Harrington or Bonzi? or maybe a trade for desmond mason or darius miles?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-21-2006, 02:51 AM
I'll take Harrington or Mason for Barry/Williams, although neither will actually happen, but please don't even think about Miles.

As for Bonzi, hmmm, no. 30, will soon be declining, give him a contract and he'll go back to his old cancerous ways...

I do believe Williams may be traded straight-up for a younger defensive 3 though. A signed-and-traded Jumaine Jones would fit nicely.

Dre_7
08-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Why would anyone want Desmond Mason??
Id rather have Miles before Mason.

And no way only Williams and Barry brings Harrington! :lol

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2006, 04:06 AM
harrington>Jumaine>miles>mason

base on what they can bring the to table at a price

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2006, 04:29 AM
look at the situation atm, this team is fuckn old, we should start rebuildin imo for the future....im not talkin a full rebuild of the team, just addin young players to the core in areas that is needed the most. expecially the sf and big spots.

we have 3 picks in the next draft, first round + 2 2nd rounders (bucks pick)

now look at teh next draft is damn deep, and a few teams i would like to get a deal involve like movin up or tradin down for more picks. stupid suns have like 3 first rounds, top 3 protected by the hawks, so if hawks finish crap, suns could get the #4 pick. and bulls have 2 first rounders also (knicks pick).

i think with the suns situation atm, i think if they are goin to resign diaw, they mite trade all there first rounders or move up for the number 1 pick for greg oden. i would like to grab one of their picks or sign and trade involving expirin contracts and a pick for diaw+2nd rounder or first pick, i dont mind.

Doug Collins
08-21-2006, 09:27 AM
look at the situation atm, this team is fuckn old, we should start rebuildin imo for the future....im not talkin a full rebuild of the team, just addin young players to the core in areas that is needed the most. expecially the sf and big spots.

we have 3 picks in the next draft, first round + 2 2nd rounders (bucks pick)

now look at teh next draft is damn deep, and a few teams i would like to get a deal involve like movin up or tradin down for more picks. stupid suns have like 3 first rounds, top 3 protected by the hawks, so if hawks finish crap, suns could get the #4 pick. and bulls have 2 first rounders also (knicks pick).

i think with the suns situation atm, i think if they are goin to resign diaw, they mite trade all there first rounders or move up for the number 1 pick for greg oden. i would like to grab one of their picks or sign and trade involving expirin contracts and a pick for diaw+2nd rounder or first pick, i dont mind.

The suns would never trade Diaw to the spurs.

SenorSpur
08-21-2006, 09:40 AM
The suns would never trade Diaw to the spurs.

Instead of trying trying to build a local version of the Argentine National team and spending all that time, effort, and energy bringing in Oberto and Scola, perhaps Pop and R.C. should have tried to pry Diaw from Atlanta last summer.

After all, the most qualified French scout is already on their roster - Tony Parker.

Keep in mind, Diaw was a mere "throw-in" to the Joe Johnson trade. PHX was really after the draft picks.

picnroll
08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Interestingly Mason has been working out with a San Antonio shooting coach. Engelland?
link (http://newsok.com/article/2834336/)

ducks
08-21-2006, 10:34 AM
For starters, that jerky hitch that defined Mason’s jump shot last season is a thing of the past, according to his San Antonio-based agent, Roger Montgomery. Mason has been working out relentlessly with a shooting coach in San Antonio and in his off-season Portland home.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Keep in mind, Diaw was a mere "throw-in" to the Joe Johnson trade. PHX was really after the draft picks.Not really. They didn't have to take Diaw at all.

stretch
08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Well August 21st is here everyone, which means Eric Williams and Matt Bonner can now be traded. Anyway is there any chance we can see Brent Barry packaged with Eric Williams in a sign and trade for Al Harrington or Bonzi? or maybe a trade for desmond mason or darius miles?
there is no way anyone would be so fucking retarded so as to trade Al Harrington or Bonzi Wells for two shitty players like Brent Barry and Eric Williams. anyone that thinks that is even a SLIGHT possiblity is a total fucking moron.

Mr. Body
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Desmond Mason for those two players is remotely within the realm of possibility, since he's an expiring, but I don't see New Orleans valuing Barry that highly. The evidence that Mason has spent a lot of time in SA is circumstantial; he's from Texas.

MaNu4Tres
08-21-2006, 03:09 PM
there is no way anyone would be so fucking retarded so as to trade Al Harrington or Bonzi Wells for two shitty players like Brent Barry and Eric Williams. anyone that thinks that is even a SLIGHT possiblity is a total fucking moron.

And for that I hope Brent Barry or Eric Williams stab you and your waa waa mavs right in the heart next year come playoff time, which is a time where yall have never won a damn thing. :lol

Mixability
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Ask Jonathan

Chow

Bruno
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM

Before insulting people get a clue and learn what teams can get when they do a S&T with an unrestricted free agent. If Spurs want Harrington they just need to give some cash, a first and expiring contracts.
So and with your own words, you're fucking retarted and a total moron.

Rynospursfan
08-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Williams will either retire or be traded at the deadline. Just because they have the opportunity to trade him now doesn't mean that anyone will be looking to pick him up. Also his apeal is the expiring contract so I wouldn't expect the Spurs to recieve another expiring deal in return.

stretch
08-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Before insulting people get a clue and learn what teams can get when they do a S&T with an unrestricted free agent. If Spurs want Harrington they just need to give some cash, a first and expiring contracts.
So and with your own words, you're fucking retarted and a total moron.
Before insulting people, know what the hell you are talking about. No one said anything about 1st rounders or cash. What was said was to trade Barry and Williams for Harrington or Bonzi, and no one in their right fucking mind would be stupid enough to do that. yea, maybe if you throw in a couple of draft picks and cash, it MAY be worth it, because Brent Barry and Eric Williams are both completely worthless players. however, i dont think the spurs need to trade any more draft picks. they already lack youthful talent VERY badly.

shaggy17
08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
^^^^Man shut the fuck up. If you dont like this thread then leave! This is a SPURS board and if you dont like it then dont come to this site and go to your fucking Mavstalk site. Trust me we wont miss jackass mav fans like yourself coming on here being a complete douche bag to the spurs fans that this forum represents!

Bruno
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Before insulting people, know what the hell you are talking about. No one said anything about 1st rounders or cash. What was said was to trade Barry and Williams for Harrington or Bonzi, and no one in their right fucking mind would be stupid enough to do that.

Get a clue. Just an hint for you : Antoine Walker.

yea, maybe if you throw in a couple of draft picks and cash, it MAY be worth it, because Brent Barry and Eric Williams are both completely worthless players.

Barry isn't a wortless player, dumbass. And yes, I insult because you should a 10 years old stupid guy to go on a board for insulting people only because you disagree with what they say.

however, i dont think the spurs need to trade any more draft picks.
they already lack youthful talent VERY badly.

Don't speak about Spurs, you don't know this team at all. Stick to your ringless Mavs, dumbass.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Mason fo sho.

Sway
08-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Will there be a trade today?

Unfortunately, I think the Spurs are done. I wouldnt be suprised if we dont trade Williams and instead keep him for cap relief. I hope I am wrong...

Bruno
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately, I think the Spurs are done. I wouldnt be suprised if we dont trade Williams and instead keep him for cap relief. I hope I am wrong...

Spurs will likely do a move before the deadline because they are just over the luxury tax threshold this year and they want to go under. It can just be a Williams buyout (if he agrees to something like a $3M buyout), a trade at the deadline like Williams+cash+2nd round pick for nothing with a team under the salary cap or something more complex like a trade with Barry involved.

sandman
08-21-2006, 05:45 PM
they already lack youthful talent VERY badly.

Granted, I know that we have a couple of old farts on the team that are just taking up space at this time, but according to the roster on nba.com the team average is barely over 29 years old. Take out Barry and Williams and it dips below 29 years old.

Bowen and Horry are both over 35, but both are still considered valuable contributors to this team. Finley is 33, but after that no one on the team who will get minutes this year is over 30 (I am not certain that Vaughn or Oberto will get minutes).

The average age of the top 4 perimeter players is 28, top 4 forwards is 32 (because of Horry/Bowen) and top 2 big men is 26. How is this an old team? Our top 3 players are 30, 29 and 24. The big three for Dallas are 29, 28 and 26. The only reason the team age for Dallas looks so low at a bit over 26 years is all the non-contributors on the roster that were born between '80-'85.

I'll take Timmy (30), Manu (29) and Tony (24) and championship rings over Terry (29), Dirk (28) and Howard (26) any day of the week.

RC's Boss
08-21-2006, 07:51 PM
^^^^Man shut the fuck up. If you dont like this thread then leave! This is a SPURS board and if you dont like it then dont come to this site and go to your fucking Mavstalk site. Trust me we wont miss jackass mav fans like yourself coming on here being a complete douche bag to the spurs fans that this forum represents! AFUCKINGMEN

ChumpDumper
08-21-2006, 07:52 PM
God I miss Jonathan's insider takes.

RC's Boss
08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
chow

Kori Ellis
08-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Interestingly Mason has been working out with a San Antonio shooting coach. Engelland?
link (http://newsok.com/article/2834336/)

Does he live here/have family here?

RC's Boss
08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
He's from Cut-n-Shoot,TX

Big P
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM

The article says that he has been in SA where his agent is based, working on his shot, while also working on it at his off season home in Portland.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
The article says that he has been in SA where his agent is based, working on his shot, while also working on it at his off season home in Portland.

Thanks. I just went and read it. I didn't realize that Roger Montgomery was based here. That would explain why Mo Evans works out here in the summers too.

Que Gee
08-21-2006, 11:02 PM

Him and his wife both went to OK State...But he doens't live in Texas. England probably worked with him in Seattle.