PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07

Mixability
08-21-2006, 10:07 AM
comes out tonight, so I'll be getting about 1 hour of sleep.

http://www.xbox-360.fr/screens/madden_nfl_07/pochette.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f311/Edreon/p.jpg

Me tomorrow morning: :wakeup

dougp
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm wondering how bad the DS will be ... I'm holding off on getting a console until the Wii (especially with the new rumors of it being under $200). The last one sucked ass :(

leemajors
08-21-2006, 10:20 AM
poor alexander, will the curse continue?

Mixability
08-21-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm wondering how bad the DS will be ... I'm holding off on getting a console until the Wii (especially with the new rumors of it being under $200). The last one sucked ass :(

If you're holding off based on price, the 360 is rumored to be having a price drop for the upcoming holiday season. But then again, if you like Nintendo, $200 is hard to beat.

dougp
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
If you're holding off based on price, the 360 is rumored to be having a price drop for the upcoming holiday season. But then again, if you like Nintendo, $200 is hard to beat.
I fully intend to get a 360 - at some point. Though MS has specifically stated that they will not be dropping the price of the 360, but instead adding a special add-on pack for this holiday season.

Though I doubt MS is worried about the Wii - they're more concerned with the PS3 which isn't even in production yet :)

Mixability
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I fully intend to get a 360 - at some point. Though MS has specifically stated that they will not be dropping the price of the 360, but instead adding a special add-on pack for this holiday season.

Though I doubt MS is worried about the Wii - they're more concerned with the PS3 which isn't even in production yet :)

Ah, so the rumor wasn't true, :tu

I like the fact that no one is concerned with the Wii, but hopefully Nintendo comes out with something targeted at gamers OVER the age of 8.

I'll pick up the PS3 regardless of what price point it launches at, but I still don't see what MS has to be worried about.

Mixability
08-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Back on topic, the realism in sports games continues to surprise me.

Custom players are "created" by parent selection. Borderline creepy. :lol

Rehab is now playable, no more waiting around for your franchise player to rehab on his own. Then again, that shoulder injury can be career ending if you overdo it.

Duncan21
08-21-2006, 11:19 AM
its not released until the 25th here so when ya get it tell me what its like and if its much better than 06.

midgetonadonkey
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I was thinking about getting it for the PS2 but I plan on getting a 360 around November or December so I just might wait to get it then. I have NCAA Football '07 so that is satisfying my video football needs for the time being.

dirk4mvp
08-21-2006, 03:34 PM
My dad won a Wal-Mart gift card for $50 from work, so I'll be getting it with that :)

I'll be playing it on my ps2. :tu

Mixability
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
My dad won a Wal-Mart gift card for $50 from work, so I'll be getting it with that :)

I'll be playing it on my ps2. :tu

due to my need to always get the collectors editions, special edition, etc., the hall of fame edition of madden 07 for the 360 ran me $75. :spin

mcornelio
08-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I HAVE IT IN MY HAND BITCHES!! WITH ME... MADDEN 07... JAJAJAA!!! I LAUGH AT YOU FOOLS WHO WAIT UNTIL TOMMOROW!! i just got it, had some dude bring me a copy... downloaded off the internet and put on a dvd... one of the advantages of living in a third world country... and a modded xbox... oh but the 360 version looks so fucking sweet. too bad i dont get off fucking work until 10 oclock today

dirk4mvp
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
due to my need to always get the collectors editions, special edition, etc., the hall of fame edition of madden 07 for the 360 ran me $75. :spin

:wow $75?!

The last special edition game I bought was MK:Deception

But I'm probably gonna get madden 07 when it comes out on ps3 also.

:fro

Mixability
08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I HAVE IT IN MY HAND BITCHES!! WITH ME... MADDEN 07... JAJAJAA!!! I LAUGH AT YOU FOOLS WHO WAIT UNTIL TOMMOROW!! i just got it, had some dude bring me a copy... downloaded off the internet and put on a dvd... one of the advantages of living in a third world country... and a modded xbox... oh but the 360 version looks so fucking sweet. too bad i dont get off fucking work until 10 oclock today

guess what your ex-gf had in her hand?

-midgetonadonkey

mcornelio
08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
:lol will it ever end..

Mixability
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
:wow $75?!

The last special edition game I bought was MK:Deception

But I'm probably gonna get madden 07 when it comes out on ps3 also.

:fro

I tend to get "taken" when it comes to special editions. Most of the special editions on 360 are just packed with an additional DVD with behind the scenes stuff and gamer pics and themes to use, all of which can be downloaded on the Xbox Live Marketplace. But does THAT stop me? Nope. :spin :lol

Mixability
08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Picked it up on the way home, they had a midnight launch as usual for big releases. I played a couple mini games, played the first regular season game, browsed the menus. I can't give it a 5 star rating, since I've yet to play it through, but it looks pretty good. The gameplay feels much more natural. The kicking game is harder, which is good. You can still break apart defenses with the same couple of plays over and over, but ramping up the defense setting fixes that. New this year is a Madden Rating system, which basically just "levels" you up based on how good you play. I'm guessing it's just another way to get achievement points. :wakeup

dougp
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Picked it up on the way home, they had a midnight launch as usual for big releases. I played a couple mini games, played the first regular season game, browsed the menus. I can't give it a 5 star rating, since I've yet to play it through, but it looks pretty good. The gameplay feels much more natural. The kicking game is harder, which is good. You can still break apart defenses with the same couple of plays over and over, but ramping up the defense setting fixes that. New this year is a Madden Rating system, which basically just "levels" you up based on how good you play. I'm guessing it's just another way to get achievement points. :wakeup
Have you seen how the Wii is going to be handling the game? You actually have to "throw" the controller to throw as a quarterback, and jerk it from side to side to jink, jerk it back and forward to kick, etc.

If they can pull this off on the Wii, that will be zomg cool :lol

Mixability
08-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Have you seen how the Wii is going to be handling the game? You actually have to "throw" the controller to throw as a quarterback, and jerk it from side to side to jink, jerk it back and forward to kick, etc.

If they can pull this off on the Wii, that will be zomg cool :lol

Hopefully that controller works out ok, if not, can you say Powerglove 2.0? :lol

dougp
08-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Hopefully that controller works out ok, if not, can you say Powerglove 2.0? :lol
Dunno, gamespot and IGN have said that it seems more fluid than you'd imagine, and there's all types of animations you can do like make yourself high step into the end zone, or simmer the crowd down as the QB or pump them up as a linebacker ... dunno, the Wii has me excited if not for the opportunity for lightsaber duels :nerd

Mixability
08-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Dunno, gamespot and IGN have said that it seems more fluid than you'd imagine, and there's all types of animations you can do like make yourself high step into the end zone, or simmer the crowd down as the QB or pump them up as a linebacker ... dunno, the Wii has me excited if not for the opportunity for lightsaber duels :nerd

I guess I'm too set in my controller ways. I don't even use a wheel for driving games. The powerglove must've scarred me for life when it comes to unique peripherals. :lol

CubanMustGo
08-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Bump for ADD's like Javie ....

Mixability
08-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Bump for ADD's like Javie ....

same exact title and everything.............. referees have been known to be blind, so it's expected.

j-6
08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I'll grab mine on the way home. I'm excited to figure out how to export my '07 NCAA save file - never done that before.

Mixability
08-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I'll grab mine on the way home. I'm excited to figure out how to export my '07 NCAA save file - never done that before.

I've never played a college football game in my life, they maybe let you have them be a part of the next seasons draft class. :wtf There is an achievement when you import a draft class if you play on the 360.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
I just played a game in the HOF mode.

I'll get to a longer review later, but I like some of the subtle changes. For example, on defense, instead of pressing the B button (Xbox) to switch defenders, you can press and hold B, then use your directional pad to find your defender much quicker, which I have found gives you more time to set your defense to the play.

Also, as I've got a QB in the HOF mode, the perspective of the QB when you're in the game makes it tougher to adjust to the angles. It's not the overhead view, but one behind the player and you can't see the whole screen, only what's in your vision (literally, not the QB Vision feature).

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-22-2006, 11:11 AM
And I wish I had completed more in NCAA 07 before Madden came out so I could import my (now sophomore) QB from Boise State.

Mixability
08-22-2006, 11:22 AM
I just played a game in the HOF mode.

I'll get to a longer review later, but I like some of the subtle changes. For example, on defense, instead of pressing the B button (Xbox) to switch defenders, you can press and hold B, then use your directional pad to find your defender much quicker, which I have found gives you more time to set your defense to the play.

Also, as I've got a QB in the HOF mode, the perspective of the QB when you're in the game makes it tougher to adjust to the angles. It's not the overhead view, but one behind the player and you can't see the whole screen, only what's in your vision (literally, not the QB Vision feature).

I'm thinking about starting up a SS mode franchise, maybe as a RB, there are alot of achievements tied to the SS mode, which is refreshing. The player specific running styles are nice, they add some personality. I have yet to try out the blocking game. I should've called in sick today. :lol

mcornelio
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
god damned bootleggers jacked me!! this shit i bought doesnt work! i need to cop another one... maybe tommorow, this is depresing....

Mixability
08-22-2006, 12:25 PM
god damned bootleggers jacked me!! this shit i bought doesnt work! i need to cop another one... maybe tommorow, this is depresing....

Karma, bitch. :lol

08-22-2006, 12:29 PM

Damn, no honor amongst thieves? What's the world coming to/

leemajors
08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
get the image yourself and burn it, scrub.

dougp
08-22-2006, 12:49 PM
If someone gets the DS version, lemme know how it is ...

Mixability
08-22-2006, 01:54 PM
If someone gets the DS version, lemme know how it is ...

why would you get Madden on the DS, you don't have a console?

DarkReign
08-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Achievement Points!!!

GAH! I bought my 360 some time ago and have over 2500 Achievement points. I then decided to try Xbox Live. Looong story short, I had to create an account while NOT logged in to my profile.

Yeah, well, that created a new profile of the same name with ZERO Achievement points. How do I transfer those points? This so fucking blows, I am not replaying all the games I beat (and hated) just for points.

PS. Madden Sucks.

Mixability
08-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Achievement Points!!!

GAH! I bought my 360 some time ago and have over 2500 Achievement points. I then decided to try Xbox Live. Looong story short, I had to create an account while NOT logged in to my profile.

Yeah, well, that created a new profile of the same name with ZERO Achievement points. How do I transfer those points? This so fucking blows, I am not replaying all the games I beat (and hated) just for points.

PS. Madden Sucks.

Damn, that sucks, I think you're out of luck. I think you had to do a "profile recover" or something like that. Why did you play games you hated in the first place?

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I can't wait till dad gets home :madrun

Mixability
08-22-2006, 05:06 PM
i need to hurry up and get home so i can try out the superstar mode. :pctoss Supposedly I create a player by picking parents, doing the combine, getting drafted, then I can turn around a franchise or go T.O. on em! :lol

dougp
08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
why would you get Madden on the DS, you don't have a console?
Nope, don't have a console ... I am mostly a PC gamer, and have the intention of buying a 360 in due time, but with the features announced for the Wii, it might sit on the back burner. The only game I truly have an interest in on the 360 is Chrome Hounds.

Whereas, on the PC ... there's a lot more coming out that I want to play.

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
i need to hurry up and get home so i can try out the superstar mode. :pctoss Supposedly I create a player by picking parents, doing the combine, getting drafted, then I can turn around a franchise or go T.O. on em! :lol

:lol

I probably won't be getting much sleep tonight. Oh well, I'll make it up in class tommorrow. :fro :smokin :elephant

mcornelio
08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
This Is Fucking Bullshit!! Everyone Is Going Home To Play Madden And Here I Am Like A Cocksucker Because Of A Fucking Piece Of Shit Bootlegger.!!!! Fucking Roar!!!!

Mixability
08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Nope, don't have a console ... I am mostly a PC gamer, and have the intention of buying a 360 in due time, but with the features announced for the Wii, it might sit on the back burner. The only game I truly have an interest in on the 360 is Chrome Hounds.

Whereas, on the PC ... there's a lot more coming out that I want to play.

I don't know why, but I just can't get that excited about Nintendo consoles anymore. I know back in the day when I was their target audience, I was totally NES>Sega, but now that I'm an adult gamer, I can't see myself playing Mario Party 25 or Pokemon Stadium 14? :spin

Mixability
08-22-2006, 05:21 PM
This Is Fucking Bullshit!! Everyone Is Going Home To Play Madden And Here I Am Like A Cocksucker Because Of A Fucking Piece Of Shit Bootlegger.!!!! Fucking Roar!!!!

your ex-gf is probably even playing with John Maddens balls right now.

-midgetonadonkey

mcornelio
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
yeah she probably is.. i saw her today, im still madly in love like little bitch

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't know why, but I just can't get that excited about Nintendo consoles anymore. I know back in the day when I was their target audience, I was totally NES>Sega, but now that I'm an adult gamer, I can't see myself playing Mario Party 25 or Pokemon Stadium 14? :spin

I used to dig the hell outta Sega. n64 was my shit though.

CuckingFunt
08-22-2006, 07:32 PM
yeah she probably is.. i saw her today, im still madly in love like little bitch
Wanting to fuck her is not the same as being madly in love.

But you are a little bitch.

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I just got it and the boys are coming over. No sleep for me tonight :spin

I got the last one in stock too. :)

rr2418
08-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, I rented the game today to check it out before I buy. To me, there wasn't much change in the gameplay.It was alright I guess. The thing that I didn't like was that the vision cone ( I hate the cone ) is automaticly "on" when you play in All-Madden mode. In the other modes, you can turn it off, but not in All-Madden. I have the ps2, so I'm sure it looks awsome on the 360. I'll probably wait and buy it at Game Stop for alot less!!

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I like the lead blocker thing.

THE SIXTH MAN
08-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Well I just got done playing it on my PS2. I picked it up after work thinking it would be hard to get. Well when I got to circuit city they had a whole display of them for $37.00 :spin .
Graphics are pretty much the same as last years with only subtle changes. This year they focused on the running game as opposed to last years passing game. The lead blocking feature is pretty neat. If you execute it right your HB can pick up some good yardage. They added some extra jukes that are also a nice add to the running game.
The superstar hall of fame mode is the bread and butter to this game. You can start off as a rookie and accumulate points to reach team captain status with your team. The better you play the more points you get. When enough points are accumulated you retire in Canton. Oh and its kind of funny when you suck you live in an apartment, but when your good they move you in to a mansion.
Overall from a 1-5 rating 1 being low and 5 being high. Id give it a three, keep in mind I'm playing the PS2 version. The reason being is I feel like I'm paying for only a couple of extra features from last years version. Graphic wise this is probably as far as the PS2's potential can get you. I'm pretty sure the people that are playing it for the 360 would give it a different rating.

Mixability
08-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I just got it and the boys are coming over. No sleep for me tonight :spin

I got the last one in stock too. :)

:wakeup

I stayed up pretty late last night trying out the SS mode. Damn the camera angles on that mode! :pctoss I'll get used to it eventually.

mcornelio
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
just got another copy... and this one works... i tested it, cant wait for 10 oclock so i can go play!!! wooo hooo i havent felt this amped since i got my fist nintendo....

mcornelio
08-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Talk to me about superstar mode.

Mixability
08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Talk to me about mcornelio's ex-gfs oral skills

-midgetonadonkey

dirk4mvp
08-23-2006, 09:05 PM
How is every damn team at least rated a 84? :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Talk to me about mcornelio's ex-gfs oral skills

-midgetonadonkey

She does this thing with her tounge and spelling out your name while she's...um, I might have said too much.

dirk4mvp
08-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I got drafted by the Bills. :vomit:

Forget that shit. I'm starting another one. :smokin

CuckingFunt
08-23-2006, 11:18 PM
She does this thing with her tounge and spelling out your name while she's...um, I might have said too much.
Old trick. I'm unimpressed.

Mixability
08-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I got drafted by the Bills. :vomit:

Forget that shit. I'm starting another one. :smokin

Why don't you just save your superstar right before the draft and reload the save if you get drafted by a team you don't want?

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 02:36 PM
*bump* I got drafted by the Chiefs. Trent Green got old. :smokin

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Old trick. I'm unimpressed.

she does tea job, where she makes you tea, you take ur time drinkn that tea while she goes down on you, hows that?