PDA

View Full Version : I quit being a redsoxs fan

mcornelio
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
That is all. :depressed

leemajors
08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
definition of frontrunner? quit being a fan a couple years after a championship? sox should be more acclimated to losing than that.

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
So yall can go what...86 years without a championship but cant live through a 2 years hiatus from the playoffs?

Extra Stout
08-21-2006, 06:28 PM
That is all. :depressed
If you quit, then you never were a true Red Sox fan to begin with.

Converting to Red Sox Nation is like converting to Judaism. It is not something one can do lightly, or on a whim. You must embrace all the history and tradition, all the suffering, all the responsibility.

You do not just say "cool, they have lots of Latin players" and root for them. It does not work that way. It's like a committed relationship.

If you are the kind who just likes to sleep around (which you rather infamously are), you need a team that fits that mold. Find a big-market bandwagon to jump on, like the Yankees or Dodgers.

Not the Red Sox.

The TampaBay Heckler
08-21-2006, 06:31 PM
aw, come on, what's the matter wimp? cant handle losing three straight to New York? trust me bud. i've endured pleny of those in my lifetime. i've been going to Devil Ray games for 10 straight years and always have fun. its not always about winning and losing.

mcornelio
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Okay... I Dont Really Quit, But This Blows... Like My Columbian Ex-Girlfriend As Midge Will Most Likely Point Out.

dirk4mvp
08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Fuck that. That was a monster homer by Big Poppy last night. :fro

reydawg
08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Have you ever been to Fenway Park?

mcornelio
08-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Its big papi you faggot... and yes i go to fenway around 3 times every season.. exept this season cuz im overseas... i lived all my life in rhode island around 1 hour away from fenway

BUMP
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
aw, come on, what's the matter wimp? cant handle losing three straight to New York? trust me bud. i've endured pleny of those in my lifetime. i've been going to Devil Ray games for 10 straight years and always have fun. its not always about winning and losing.

ROFLMAO @ the Tampa Bay Heckler

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

scott
08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Where is Jim telling us about how great the Red Sox fielding is this year?

dirk4mvp
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Fuck that shit.

reydawg
08-21-2006, 10:31 PM
and yes i go to fenway around 3 times every season.. exept this season cuz im overseas... i lived all my life in rhode island around 1 hour away from fenway

That's awesome. FYI, I wasn't implying that you were some kind of fake fan. There's a ton of Sox fans that don't ever get to go, so I was just wondering if you were lucky enough to make it out to a home game.

I've gone to probably a dozen games this season in the Fens. Great ballpark. Something every baseball fan should see. Too bad it's so expensive.

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Its big papi you faggot...

:lol

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Who gives a shit what it is?

THE SIXTH MAN
09-07-2006, 01:51 AM

Converting to Red Sox Nation is like converting to Judaism. It is not something one can do lightly, or on a whim. You must embrace all the history and tradition, all the suffering, all the responsibility.

You do not just say "cool, they have lots of Latin players" and root for them. It does not work that way. It's like a committed relationship.

If you are the kind who just likes to sleep around (which you rather infamously are), you need a team that fits that mold. Find a big-market bandwagon to jump on, like the Yankees or Dodgers.

Not the Red Sox.
:tu

Supergirl
09-08-2006, 11:43 AM

Not the Red Sox.

Word. To be a Red Sox fan is to suffer, and occasionally, to celebrate.

Marklar MM
09-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Be a Tigers fan. Woot. We are on Cloud Nine at the moment.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Fuck that. That was a monster homer by Big Poppy last night. :fro

BIG POPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Horry For 3!
09-24-2006, 11:32 PM
BIG POPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! :lol
Poppie?

Melmart1
09-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Poppie?
It's PAPI you morons! :lmao