PDA

View Full Version : Johngates

Holmes_Fans
08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
You are the worst homer on this website. I can't imagine what you were saying when Dallas beat SA this season, I'm sure you were bringing out all the lame post about past championships.

gtownspur
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
You are the worst homer on this website. I can't imagine what you were saying when Dallas beat SA this season, I'm sure you were bringing out all the lame post about past championships.

As where many other spurs posters here. Maybe you just hate him becuase he doesn't worship Mack Brown like you do.

leemajors
08-21-2006, 05:14 PM
As where many other spurs posters here. Maybe you just hate him becuase he doesn't worship Mack Brown like you do.

i like UT, but i am not a huge mack brown fan. i think that he, like pete carroll, is a great recruiter but not a great coach. they have been bailed out by their great recruits. carroll's coaching job in the 4th quarter of the national championship game was awful, as was a lot of what mack brown has done. the older UT offense which relied entirely on WR screens that were telegraphed and easily picked off by competent defenses was abysmal to watch.

Holmes_Fans
08-21-2006, 05:17 PM
WR Screens? When were these being ran?

j-6
08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I think he (JGW) takes himself too seriously, but other than that, he's one of the best posters here in this forum. Even a good troll can't compare with a true USC / Aggie fan.

leemajors
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
WR Screens? When were these being ran?

major/simms. every other play was either a wr screen or the wr would drop a step or two behind the line and wait for a quick pass. vs good teams corners would jump it.

johngateswhiteley
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
i like UT, but i am not a huge mack brown fan. i think that he, like pete carroll, is a great recruiter but not a great coach. they have been bailed out by their great recruits. carroll's coaching job in the 4th quarter of the national championship game was awful, as was a lot of what mack brown has done. the older UT offense which relied entirely on WR screens that were telegraphed and easily picked off by competent defenses was abysmal to watch.

...you're right that the coaching was horrible in that 4th quarter, which is why USC lost. however, i watch or attend every USC game and, imo, Carroll is a damn fine coach. not the best game manager....but a very damn good one. and the best recruiter in CFB; he has had the best class the last three years.