PDA

View Full Version : parker won't have surgery

fred33
08-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Parker won't have surgery

Web Posted: 08/22/2006 12:44 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Spurs doctors put a splint on Tony Parker's broken right index finger Monday after determining he doesn't need surgery.
Parker will wear the splint at least four weeks. The team's medical staff will re-evaluate Parker in a month.

The Spurs open training camp in France in just less than six weeks. Until then, Parker won't be able to work to improve his jump shot, but team officials remain hopeful he won't have to miss much, if any, of camp.

"Any time there's an injury, the initial concern is worse-case," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said. "If this is it, this is about as good as we could have anticipated."

Parker fractured the upper part of his right index finger in France's final tune-up game before the World Championships.

Unable to shoot with the finger padded, Parker was left off France's roster.

Spurs doctors had viewed copies of the X-rays of the injury that were taken in Japan late last week but weren't able to examine him until Monday. Parker returned to San Antonio after watching France's opening loss to Argentina.

This isn't the first time a Spurs guard has been injured in international competition. Manu Ginobili severely sprained his right ankle in the semifinals of the 2002 World Championships after landing on Dirk Nowitzki's foot.

The injury continued to bother Ginobili for the first of half of his rookie season.

"Tony's injury could have happened just as easily if he were playing in our gym," Buford said.

Kori Ellis
08-22-2006, 01:32 AM
"Tony's injury could have happened just as easily if he were playing in our gym," Buford said.

That's what I was trying to say to TPark the other day.

MannyIsGod
08-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, you can't put these guys in a bubble and wish for them never to get hurt. Their lives don't go on hold to keep them safe for the Spurs.

fred33
08-22-2006, 01:53 AM
it's just sad for tony . he was in big form FRANCE WITHOUT PARKER IT'S LIKE FRANCE WITHOUT ZIDANE IN SOCCER. all the french medias speak more abbout parker injury that the team

fred33
08-22-2006, 02:01 AM
if team france has more sponsors more coverage tv more journalist in japan ,more money, much more young basketball player in france , thanks tony parker. one day one french official had said he has made more for the basket in france in 5 years that the federation in 50 years.

mathbzh
08-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Fred,
I am a big TP fan. He is a real booster for French BB. Since Tony is a NBA champs, the french media speak about basketball. The french team really miss him (actually, without him, our offensive game is ugly).

But, i think you should not minimised the french federation job.
Tony is also the product of a politic and probably the sequels of 92 dream team and the world wide impact of Jordan.
Tony won the U18 euro champ with Diaw, Pietrus, Turiaf, Diawara. All in NBA now.
This was not only a lucky year but the result of a work.

Tony is the brightest spot, but not the only one.

fred33
08-22-2006, 02:42 AM
it's a quote of a french official .

boutons_
08-22-2006, 03:57 AM
"the initial concern is worse-case"

"worse" than what? :lol

cheguevara
08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
France has a good team. that dude Florin or something Pietrus got skills

too bad the full France team couldn't compete.

ducks
08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
good news about parker

ducks
08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
parker will watch more film now that he can not shoot

cheguevara
08-22-2006, 04:06 PM
parker will watch more film now that he can not shoot

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009FZGTG.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ducks
08-22-2006, 04:10 PM
dude it is common knowledge tp watches alot of film of basketball

ducks
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I am sure he would rather wash his girlfriend in the shower then that film

ALVAREZ6
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Why the fuck would he need surgery???

Holy shit, it's just a broken finger...I've played with a broken finger a bunch of times.

Bruno
08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Why the fuck would he need surgery???

My guess :
Spurs FO has said that he maybe needed a surgery only to make him come back to SA by saying that they needed to see him to decide if it will get a surgery.

His injury was a just a simple break, one of the eassiest injury to health. X-Rays were way enough to decide what to do but Spurs wanted to see him because they think that other medical staffs are dumbass.

Result : Parker has travelled from Japan to SA for nothing and will likely come back soon to Japan to support french team, instead of staying in Japan like he wanted to support his friends. Spurs' haven't been great on that one.

ducks
08-22-2006, 05:14 PM
some players want their own doctors and use the team doctors to

over seas spurs do not know what they do
they have invested millions in parker
you would if you owned the spurs would want your doctor to look at his injury would you not?

Bruno
08-22-2006, 05:23 PM
some players want their own doctors and use the team doctors to
over seas spurs do not know what they do
they have invested millions in parker
you would if you owned the spurs would want your doctor to look at his injury would you not?

French NT has send X-Rays to Spurs.
What do you think that Spur's doctor has made : It's just a break, the only thing he could have done is touching Parker's finger and Parker said that it hurts. Then every doctor in the world is able to do a splint.

BTW, Spurs medical staff has said that Parker will be out at least 4 weeks like french medical staff and they will only see him in one month, another proof that his injury wasn't complicate to health.

ducks
08-22-2006, 05:39 PM
spurs do this on all their players

nothing unusually

it is not like tp does not have enough money to fly back if he does not want to

Bruno
08-22-2006, 05:43 PM
spurs do this on all their players

nothing unusually

That's why I say they're paranoid. For a knee injury, it's logical, not for a finger sprain

it is not like tp does not have enough money to fly back if he does not want to

It is not like SA is one hour away from Japan. He has taken 3 flight to come back to SA.

ducks
08-22-2006, 05:45 PM
look I like tp
but I understand why the spurs did what they did
also his agent might have suggested he go back to

Bruno
08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I know that you like TP (he is not Manu)but that's not the point.
I disagree with Spurs' choice to ask TP to come back but I understand why they did it.

Man In Black
08-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Parker is fine where ever he goes. A simple break can heal well enough on it's own with just rest and no further contact. Doctors don't need to be flown in from the US for something like that, he didn't need to fly back either but better safe than sorry. He was willing to come back to SA.

To the cool french that come to the forum...Why does Boris Diaw have an extra name?
He is listed as Boris Diaw-Riffod...how come?

Bruno
08-22-2006, 06:05 PM
To the cool french that come to the forum...Why does Boris Diaw have an extra name?
He is listed as Boris Diaw-Riffod...how come?

Don't know if i'm cool but I'm french.
Riffiod is the name of his mother who was the best C of France history.

Bruno
08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
BTW, two pictures of Boris Diaw mother (from Diaw's website) :
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2863/mum14on.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7104/mum25zu.jpg

And before people ask the question : Yes, she was more athletic than Rasho.