PDA

View Full Version : Who Has The WORST Fans In The NBA?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Gotta be the Sonics. I think Game 6 WCSemi-Finals of '05:

IN THE GAME: Bruce is guarding Ray Allen.
FANS: BOOOOO!!!!!!
------------------
IN THE GAME: Duncan gets hurt with I think his ankle and needs help getting up.
FANS: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------
Enough said. Who cheers when someone is hurt? You know in your mind this is a good thing because then you have a better chance at winning but then they got injured so you feel sympathy for the player. If you yell and cheer it out loud and since you didn't show you feel bad and that you are even HAPPY that the player got injured that shows that you have no respect and you are barely a fan at all.

NBA Junkie
08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Atlanta. They don't show up when the team wins or loses.

Pistons < Spurs
08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Philly

Kori Ellis
08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I think NJ. They always have a decent team, yet don't come close to filling their arena.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2006, 09:49 PM
If the Nets didn't play in a swamp with one bus line and nothing else, they'd sell out all the time. Newark missed the boat not funding an downtown arena on top of a subway station.

Sense
08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Laker fans... they're just bandwagoners.

Bob Lanier
08-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Who cheers when someone is hurt?
I do.

You know in your mind this is a good thing because then you have a better chance at winning
Exactly. I'm not sure how this makes them "bad fans", except in some sort of obscure ethical sense. Fans should want their team to win, yes?

If the Nets didn't play in a swamp with one bus line and nothing else, they'd sell out all the time.
:tu

I'd say Atlanta.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2006, 10:17 PM
dallas.

mavs>spurs2
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
dallas.

How so?

ChumpDumper
08-22-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd say Atlanta.Yeah, even if the crackas who liked basketball and could afford tickets weren't afraid to go downtown at night, they usually live 60 miles away.

dirk4mvp
08-22-2006, 10:42 PM
dallas.

fuck you

ShackO
08-22-2006, 11:32 PM
New york or philly..........

Aaaaahh BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Body
08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
If the Nets didn't play in a swamp with one bus line and nothing else, they'd sell out all the time. Newark missed the boat not funding an downtown arena on top of a subway station.

I don't think they could afford it with the forces that be pulling the team into Brooklyn. They just couldn't compete. It's too bad - joining with the Devils couldn't have been too hard, but moving into an area with a better natural fanbase is much smarter for the team, anyway.

mavs>spurs2
08-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Spur fans....... :angel just kidding.

JamStone
08-22-2006, 11:38 PM
1. Atlanta: ATL is such a good metropolitan city, I don't understand why they never fill in the stadium.
2. New Orleans: I used to live in N.O. before the Hornets moved there. It's just not condusive to a sports team. It's just not a sports town. Natives of New Orleans just don't care much about sports.
3. Lakers: the definition of a fairweather sports town, and many LA fans didn't even grow up in LA or grow up as Lakers fans.
4. Seattle: they just really don't care either.
5. NJ Nets: they have some really great loyal fans, but despite their success, they still can't get consistent support from the community.

Honorable mention:

Toronto: still not sure if it can consistently keep interest in the city, as hockey will always be king, but not sure if it's fair to say it's a bad town just yet.

Detroit/Philly/Knicks/Celtics: fanatic fans, but just too beligerant and obnoxious ... ironically, that makes them among the best fans as well.

Sacramental
08-22-2006, 11:53 PM
hmm i'd have to say Laker fans and Atlanta Fans, you might even put miami in there because of their huge fairweather-ness.

Fillmoe
08-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Miami.... the only reason they went with that whole white t shirt shit in the playoffs is so they could hide all the empty seats..... :lol

and Philly fans boo'd santa claus...... :lol

Sacramental
08-22-2006, 11:58 PM
I second the vote for the Sonics. I was watching that game. Whoever was calling the game even said "what kind of fans cheer when someone gets hurt...?!"

yeah that's going way too far, these guys are just playing basketball to entertain the fans, and they cheer when someone is injured.. :depressed . Man here in sac, we cheer when an injured opponent gets up, even when they just tweak something. Sometimes it can get too friendly in ARCO.... :smokin

kingsfan
08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Philly-they boo everyone!
LAL-bandwagon

CD-you ever been to Philips?

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Mavericks. Hands down. Atlanta would be the worst NBA city because there are so few actual fans of the team.

KFRebel
08-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Kings. Same reason I said in Kings having the best fans in "Best NBA Fans" topic: Because they've got a board with Hilter for a MOD.

BUMP
08-23-2006, 07:46 AM
dallas.

san antonio.

ShoogarBear
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
1. Atlanta: ATL is such a good metropolitan city, I don't understand why they never fill in the stadium.
2. New Orleans: I used to live in N.O. before the Hornets moved there. It's just not condusive to a sports team. It's just not a sports town. Natives of New Orleans just don't care much about sports.
Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, and Houston are all mediocre sports towns.

The only losing team they will halfway support is an NFL franchise.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, and Houston are all mediocre sports towns.

The only losing team they will halfway support is an NFL franchise.

I second Houston as a bad sports town. They've been fortunate enough in recent years that at least one of the teams has been having a decent enough year that they can treat the others as red headed step children. Having three sports also means that the sports talking heads can focus endlessly on off seasons rather than on how shitty the teams are doing. So this past spring when the Rockets were in the toilet it was all about the Astros. "Berkman's back! Will the Rocket resign?" Then when the Stros started sucking it was all about the Texans. "#1 Pick! Will this be the turnaround year?" And after that fiasco they media is starting to pimp the upcoming Rockets season. "McGrady's rested! Will Yao return to form?"

And I'm also with the Seattle haters, not only for the previously mentioned incidents, but for the brutal fish hook that Danny Fortson gave Manu (possibly in the same game Duncan went down.)

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Seattle and Denver are up there with Dallas in the sorest losers and excuse makers department. Houston may not throw their weight behind non-winners the way a city of their size should, but they have some hard core fans of each team that are good fans, the rest of them are downright Metroplexual in their bandwagonage.

Vizzini
08-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Toronto: still not sure if it can consistently keep interest in the city, as hockey will always be king, but not sure if it's fair to say it's a bad town just yet.

I know hockey will always be king there, but the Raptors have a very young fan base that, when given fifteen years to mature and garner financial purchasing power will make them a very strong team in terms of tickets sales and merchandise purchases.

himat
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Atlanta, LA, or Miami.

davi78239
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM
New york or philly..........

Aaaaahh BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Ron Artest got to bone all those hot bitches on that magazine pic you got there :lol

PaceMonster
08-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Atlanta, LA, or Miami.

How are you going to say Miami has bad fans if you've never been to a Heat game....well i particularly was at the Boston game where Miami was down 25 and the arena was full when the Heat mad their comeback and won...Miami is not a bad sports city....the Heat are NBA Champs.....the Dolphins are gonna be good...only the Panthers embarass but dont say that wen u havent been to a Heat game

BUMP
08-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Seattle and Denver are up there with Dallas in the sorest losers and excuse makers department. Houston may not throw their weight behind non-winners the way a city of their size should, but they have some hard core fans of each team that are good fans, the rest of them are downright Metroplexual in their bandwagonage.

wtf? have you even been to a game there? i know you hate us because we beat you guys but atleast we're not brutal or show hatred to another team. all our heckling is just good nature. if you rank Dallas below Seattle who booed your star player once he found out he could walk again or Philly who cheered when Irvin was gone for good, then you really need to get over that series.

monosylab1k
08-23-2006, 05:10 PM
wtf? have you even been to a game there? i know you hate us because we beat you guys but atleast we're not brutal or show hatred to another team. all our heckling is just good nature. if you rank Dallas below Seattle who booed your star player once he found out he could walk again or Philly who cheered when Irvin was gone for good, then you really need to get over that series.

well booing Finley was pretty fuckin' sorry...a guy who played his heart out for the Mavs back when all the bandwagoners in Dallas were Lakers fans. But, all the true Mavs fans who cheered the team on when they were winning 15 games a year weren't involved in booing Finley...and it's too bad the sorry fairweather assholes that make up 90% of Mavs fans nowadays did.

RON ARTEST
08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
i remeber watching the hawks vs the kings this season and i was thinking to myself "god these fans suck". they are very quiet no matter how thier team is doing and its really sad.

ALVAREZ6
08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Lakers and Mavs

BUMP
08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
well booing Finley was pretty fuckin' sorry...a guy who played his heart out for the Mavs back when all the bandwagoners in Dallas were Lakers fans. But, all the true Mavs fans who cheered the team on when they were winning 15 games a year weren't involved in booing Finley...and it's too bad the sorry fairweather assholes that make up 90% of Mavs fans nowadays did.

not me. i dont boo anybody except for Artest and Shaq for never being humble like he claims to be. :rolleyes i never booed Finley or Nash. they never talk bad about the team after they leave so they deserve to get cheered. they won us many games. i'll be the first to admit i didnt follow the Mavs AS CLOSELY as i do now, before Cuban came along when they sucked. but i did follow them somewhat and never jumped to another team.

ALVAREZ6
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
That was just an embarassment. When the Mavs fans booed Finley, that was just classless and ignorance. Why you fans of a team boo a player who played so many years for them and was always one of the best players on the team, at times the best player on the team??? It just doesn't make sense to me. And to Mavs fans, don't pull that bullshit card that they only booed Finley because he returned as a Spur, that's still pathetic.

That's like Allen Iverson getting traded to the Celtics and as he comes back to play the Sixers, the Sixers fans boo him. I'm telling you right now that wouldn't happen.

ShackO
08-23-2006, 07:26 PM
i remeber watching the hawks vs the kings this season and i was thinking to myself "god these fans suck". they are very quiet no matter how thier team is doing and its really sad.
If that is the game I recall...... the place was half empty when the game started.... NC has the same problem..

By the second quarter it was pretty full and like a library.......... It got a bit louder the last few mins but not like Arco......

Many Warrior games are like that to... I lthink it is becuase they know what is probably going to happen so they don't want to get to hyped up for the big let down.........

THE SIXTH MAN
08-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Well for this year the heat fans were the worst. Those assholes weren't even in to any of the games during the finals. They were more in to who was in attendance than the game. The one thing I hate about the rich assholes in the expensive seats is that they act like they're to good to stand up and cheer. Other than that Seattle would be up there and Atlanta for not even giving a shit about their team. Laker fans are up their too. Most of those piece of shit band-wagoners aren't even from LA and they act like they've been fans since they were born. Ready to jump ship when the clippers make the playoffs.

1Parker1
08-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Philly

Fuck You. :)
....And the rest of you who said Philly.

Only Philadelphians are allowed to diss the city and its teams, when anyone else does we go on the defensive end.

Darrin
08-24-2006, 03:41 AM
san antonio.

Ironic. The only city where I heard cheers for the opposing team when David Stern handed out Championship hardware.

freedom&justice
08-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Miami. Most of 'em are bandwagoners who think their team is the best and all other teams suck. Redlion's a good example.

angel_luv
08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Only Philadelphians are allowed to diss the city and its teams, when anyone else does we go on the defensive end.

Somehow I don't think that characteristic is unique to your city. :)

kingsfan
08-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Fuck You. :)
....And the rest of you who said Philly.

Only Philadelphians are allowed to diss the city and its teams, when anyone else does we go on the defensive end.I've been to Wachovia and they were booing everyone, even when they won!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

Obstructed_View
08-24-2006, 07:40 AM
wtf? have you even been to a game there? i know you hate us because we beat you guys but atleast we're not brutal or show hatred to another team.
I live in Dallas, and I've been going to Mavs games since Dick Motta was coaching, and I've proven over and over that I know more about the Mavericks than most self-proclaimed Mavericks fans. Dallas fans in general are poor fans and only support a winner, but act like they've been there all along. They also feel the need to take issue when anyone dares to have an opinion they don't like.

Darrin
08-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Portland, by far. They run off all their good players because they were human beings and now don't attend the games because their team sucks. Make up your mind.

Obstructed_View
08-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Portland, by far. They run off all their good players because they were human beings and now don't attend the games because their team sucks. Make up your mind.
The fans ran off the players? Interesting take.

Darrin
08-24-2006, 10:50 AM
The fans ran off the players? Interesting take.

You think Steve Patterson cares about the 'new rules' for player conduct? Did management have these 'Fire Whistitt' signs? Did Bob Whistitt come out of the blue and say 'I don't have a degree in chemistry' or was the question posed to him?

Bonzi Wells, Rasheed Wallace, Damon Stoudamire - these guys were the 'trouble-makers.'

Obstructed_View
08-24-2006, 11:04 AM
You think Steve Patterson cares about the 'new rules' for player conduct? Did management have these 'Fire Whistitt' signs? Did Bob Whistitt come out of the blue and say 'I don't have a degree in chemistry' or was the question posed to him?

Bonzi Wells, Rasheed Wallace, Damon Stoudamire - these guys were the 'trouble-makers.'
By your evidence, it sounds like the fans wanted new management. Given their history, I'm not sure how anyone can blame them. The fans deserve some blame for running off Mo, but not for the dismal underperformance of what was the biggest payroll and longest rap sheet in basketball without so much as a Finals trip to show for it.

mabber
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM

Area flat out smells too. I used to hate driving thru that area. Glad I don't have to anymore.

mabber
08-24-2006, 12:26 PM
How are you going to say Miami has bad fans if you've never been to a Heat game....well i particularly was at the Boston game where Miami was down 25 and the arena was full when the Heat mad their comeback and won...Miami is not a bad sports city....the Heat are NBA Champs.....the Dolphins are gonna be good...only the Panthers embarass but dont say that wen u havent been to a Heat game

Miami doesn't have bad fans, they just have bandwagon fans like most cities. There are very few cities that follow their teams (sellouts, etc.) when the team is not doing well. Dallas is a big time bandwagon city. No one went the Mav games back when they sucked.

shaggy17
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
:lol :lol At anyone who thinks Laker fans are worse then king fans. And :lmao :lmao at anyone who says Kings have more loyal fans than the Lakers do.

David Stern
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Bulls,Nets,Pistons,Mavs=worst fans in the league. :madrun

Heat=best fans in NBA :elephant

mabber
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Bulls,Nets,Pistons,Mavs=worst fans in the league. :madrun

Heat=best fans in NBA :elephant

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

1Parker1
08-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I've been to Wachovia and they were booing everyone, even when they won!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

:lmao I know! That's why I love this city....

ponky
08-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I think NJ. They always have a decent team, yet don't come close to filling their arena.

I agree with this, having gone to a lot of games to see the Mavs/Rockets and some others play in MSG and the Wasteland, I mean, the Meadowlands. On the ride out there to NJ from NYC, I'd always chat with everyone else going to the game...everyone else going to the game to root for the visiting team! As bad as the Knicks are, they will always be more popular until playoff time. Having lived in Brooklyn, I can totally see the nets relocating and selling out every game in downtown Brooklyn.

dav4463
08-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Most Mav fans are terrible. Half the people in the stands aren't even watching the game. They are too busy showing off to their friends. Lots of frat-type guys and fake boob women acting like they know the game. In San Antonio, it is all about the game. It is a better overall atmosphere.

mabber
08-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Most Mav fans are terrible. Half the people in the stands aren't even watching the game. They are too busy showing off to their friends. Lots of frat-type guys and fake boob women acting like they know the game. In San Antonio, it is all about the game. It is a better overall atmosphere.

Fake boobs can be a good thing :spin

Obstructed_View
08-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Fake boobs can be a good thing :spin
W3rd. That's a reason to like going to AAC.

shelshor
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Lakers & Mavericks, with Sonics & Nuggets running a close 2nd

The Great Fantastic
08-25-2006, 04:09 PM
The sonics fans got what they deserved. They cheered when Duncan went down. Duncan hit the game winning shot. Way to go, dickweeds. Also, has anyone seen Ray Allen smile?

cheguevara
08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Sonics, mavs, nuggets fans suck

sickdsm
08-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Philly has the most diehard sports fans by far. That's all sports.

But worst fans? Minnesota. Only a goodhearted midwestern values type fan would put up with the F.O. crap this long. You don't tell me if the whole city was on there ass NY Knick style that McHale would still be here overpaying scrubs?

Not to mention as bad as it might hurt KG would have been dealt for some top picks and young talant already.

They're more worried about hurting Kevin's feelings and makeing sure he goes to a place he has a chance to win a ring then actually improving the organizatin's chances.

mabber
08-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Philly has the most diehard sports fans by far. That's all sports.

But worst fans? Minnesota. Only a goodhearted midwestern values type fan would put up with the F.O. crap this long. You don't tell me if the whole city was on there ass NY Knick style that McHale would still be here overpaying scrubs?

Not to mention as bad as it might hurt KG would have been dealt for some top picks and young talant already.

They're more worried about hurting Kevin's feelings and makeing sure he goes to a place he has a chance to win a ring then actually improving the organizatin's chances.

Phily fans are definitely into their teams, but they lost me when they cheered when Michael Irvin was being carried off the field in a stretcher that one game in Phily. That was just wrong.

NBA Junkie
08-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Philly fans lost me when they continually booed Mike Schmidt despite his HOF accomplishments. He would have been better suited playing for a team like the Dodgers where he would have been more appreciated

Larry Bowa, however, could do no wrong despite his inferior talent, but hard working style of play.

Philly is a blue collar town. Schmidt just couldn't mesh with the type of fans who prefer those players. Doesn't make it right, though.

Sacramental
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
heat fans don't even know wtf is goin on, they just put on white t-shirts and cheer for the hell of it.

Sacramental
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
somebody ban david stern's sig, that's just nasty goin too far there.

NBA Junkie
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM

Get real, dude. You may be a Wolves fan, but you're obviously not residing in Minnesota are you? The true NBA fans in this state have nothing but disdain for McHale, and want him out of the FO immediately. The biggest problem with Minnesota is that it has proven not to be an NBA venue. This is more of a Vikings town than it is for the Timberwolves. Don't mistake apathy for fans burying their head in the sand. Most people in Minnesota just don't care for the Wolves. Shit, Gopher basketball and hockey have a larger following than the Wolves. Garnett may be the most underappreciated athlete this state has ever seen.

I'm no fan of Kevin McHale. His bungling of draft picks over the years has crippled this team to the point where they have no chance of rebuilding around Garnett. I'm beginning to think that Garnett should be moved, but only if the right deal came along. I'm not in favor of just giving him away like the Lakers did Shaquille O'Neal.

As much as I supported Flip Saunders, it was time for him to go as he clearly lost control of his team. McHale, however, should have been fired right along with him. As much blame as McHale gets, Glen Taylor deserves more for allowing the bozo to retain his job and run the team further into the ground.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2006, 09:02 PM
You don't tell me if the whole city was on there ass NY Knick style that McHale would still be here overpaying scrubs?

That's a really terrible analogy.

BUMP
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM

rofl, its sad but its all true :lol

BUMP
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM

not to mention the only thing they advertise there are plastic surgeons and Planet Tan

PaceMonster
08-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Well for this year the heat fans were the worst. Those assholes weren't even in to any of the games during the finals. They were more in to who was in attendance than the game. The one thing I hate about the rich assholes in the expensive seats is that they act like they're to good to stand up and cheer. Other than that Seattle would be up there and Atlanta for not even giving a shit about their team. Laker fans are up their too. Most of those piece of shit band-wagoners aren't even from LA and they act like they've been fans since they were born. Ready to jump ship when the clippers make the playoffs.

fuck you go suck a dick bitch....all u fuckin SA and Detroit fans dont know shit....just shut the fuck up and stay smarter...wade said it himself dat the fans were the main reason he was motivated and he fed off it...u stupid prick

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-26-2006, 09:44 AM
fuck you go suck a dick bitch....all u fuckin SA and Detroit fans dont know shit....just shut the fuck up and stay smarter...wade said it himself dat the fans were the main reason he was motivated and he fed off it...u stupid prick
Okay dude we get the point, you think Heat has the best fans. Just shut the hell up. Stop using all these vulgarities. I didn't make this thread so that fans can tell each other off. Just say you disagree and you think you have the best fans.

BUMP
08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Okay dude we get the point, you think Heat has the best fans. Just the hell up. Stop using all these vulgarities. I didn't make this thread so that fans can tell each other off. Just say you disagree and you think you have the best fans.

the worst fans IMO are the ones who worry about other fans so much. yall just hate the Heat fans out of jealousy. who cares?

Mavs>Spurs btw

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 09:50 AM
the worst fans IMO are the ones who worry about other fans so much. yall just hate the Heat fans out of jealousy. who cares?

Mavs>Spurs btw

:tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Mavs>Spurs btw
Why would I be jealous of the Heat?

BUMP
08-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Why would I be jealous of the Heat?
Mavs>Spurs

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Maybe because the Spurs didn't get a chance to play them.....

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Mavs>Spurs

I approve of this post.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Mavs>Spurs
And where do the Heat go in there stupid?

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 09:54 AM
And where do the Heat go in there stupid?

David Stern>Mavs>Heat>Spurs

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Maybe because the Spurs didn't get a chance to play them.....
What point are you trying to make?

Mr.Bottomtooth
The Heat beat you idiot.

BUMP
:lmao

Obstructed_View
08-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Mavs fans may be basketball stupid, but at least they can spell and express themselves.

Mavs fans>Heat fans

ShoogarBear
08-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Mavs>Spurs
Mav Fan exhausting his collective basketball knowledge in this thread.

G-Money
08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Heat fans are the worst.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Mav Fan exhausting his collective basketball knowledge in this thread.

No. Mav fan epressing common known knowledge.

THE SIXTH MAN
08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
*yawn* :sleep is that the best you got?

BTW Heat fans suck at trash talk to :)

Or at least you do. :spin

THE SIXTH MAN
08-26-2006, 01:58 PM
BUMP= dirk4mvp

ShoogarBear
08-26-2006, 03:25 PM
No. Mav fan epressing common known knowledge.
"Common known knowledge"?

Mav Fan rests his case.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
BUMP= dirk4mvp

:huh

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 03:34 PM
"Common known knowledge"?

Is it not?

BUMP
08-26-2006, 04:37 PM
*yawn* :sleep is that the best you got?

BTW Heat fans suck at trash talk to :)

Or at least you do. :spin

who tries to trash talk on the internet? :lol

mavs>spurs2
08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Mavs fans may be basketball stupid, but at least they can spell and express themselves.

Mavs fans>Heat fans

I resent that statement.

ShackO
08-26-2006, 11:33 PM
LA seems high on most list dispite the sub-show performance........lol

THE SIXTH MAN
08-27-2006, 01:20 AM
who tries to trash talk on the internet? :lol
Who cares?

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Who cares?

You do.

David Stern
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks for putting me as #1 on that list but your kinda out of order. Its

ME>Heat(because of me)>Mavs>Lakers>Cavs>Suns>Spurs and Pistons hit close to last on my list :elephant :elephant

David Stern
08-28-2006, 10:30 AM

:tu :tu Love them Heat they make me Money!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

mavs>spurs2
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
:tu :tu Love them Heat they make me Money!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

Sad but true.

MarkCuban
08-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for putting me as #1 on that list but your kinda out of order. Its

ME>Heat(because of me)>Mavs(because of me sweety) :elephant >Lakers>Cavs>Suns>Spurs and Pistons hit close to last on my list :elephant :elephant

Zunni
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM

Mavs fans>Heat fans

I resemble that statement.
Fixed it.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Fixed it.

And you made your self look super gay doing it.

BUMP
08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
i suck penis.

Fixed :angel

Zunni
08-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Y'know, if you put all of the asshole Mavs fans on ignore, this forum becomes MUCH more readable. They lack both basketball knowledge and a sense of humor.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Y'know, if you put all of the asshole Mavs fans on ignore, this forum becomes MUCH more readable. They lack both basketball knowledge and a sense of humor.

It'd actually be pissier. You're attempt to crack a joke failed horribly.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 07:10 PM

I resemble that statement.

You have to be a damn genius to think of that.

mavs>spurs2
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Fixed it.

I also resent you editing my posts.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
It's looking more and more like I should have omitted the word "basketball".

Brad Sham
08-28-2006, 10:30 PM

..............this cowboy team has really layed an egg today. i wouldnt call them stupid, but im headed down that road.............

jacobdrj
08-29-2006, 02:09 AM
IMHO, good fans are those who are with their teams in the down years, to a reasonable extent, and are exceptional when the team is doing well. Being too fanatical while the team in question sucks, is not being a 'good fan' it is being desperate, because if a franchise in pro sports doesn't ever bother putting a good product on the playing field but still get bailed out by the fans, the fans are just being stupid, and counter productive.

I don't know about every team in the NBA, but here are my impressions:

Sacremento: Great fans. Exceptionally loyal, but not to the point of insanity. Great when the Kings were great, attended when the team floundered. However, I do recognize that Sacremento is both a relitively small market team and a 1 sport town.

San Antonio: Generally knowledgeable and well mannered fans. Not the loudest. I don't know how Spurs fans were, pre-Duncan, but I assume there was good attendence, at least. Again, I recognize that you are a small market (relitively), have had lots of winning lately, and are pretty much a 1 sport town (please correct me if I am wrong on any of these points... these are impressions, not stone cold facts).

Miami: I say this with no malace directed towards any members of the Heat francise or organization on any leval... as they sure have tried and tried and tried over the years... Miami fans are putrid... plain and simple. You suck, hard. You have a huge market, yet, unless they win the title, nobody shows up. Nobody ever showed up, even when they were good in the 90's and 2000's before the title. That was even when they had that wonderful rivalry with the Knicks... Sad sad sad showing by you fans... and then you bandwagon when you finaly go all the way? Not to mention that, as fans, you brought absolutly nothing special to the table... It would have been better that the few loyal fans they had were the only ones allowed to join in the festivities of the championship... all five of them. Yet, there is still 1 group even worse than you... read on...

Millwakee: Good fans. Not overly loyal, but you bring in a good solid croud. When you do well, generally you give more response. I feel bad that Mason and Karl ruined everything the Bucks had going for them durring the Big Three days...

Detroit: Eh... weird fans. On the one hand, from 2002 to 2005, we showed something special, and brought something to the table not seen before: a college like atmosphere. I think we also have the record for highest attendence, when we had to play in the Silverdome, durring the Pistons' rise to glory in the 80's. However, in the 'teal years', there was a very poor showing from the fans. While I admit there was not that much to celebrate, to be in the playoffs with well over 50 wins, with dynamic superstar leading the way... to not even fill half the arena (de facto, not ticket sales) is sad sad sad. Granted, (no pun intended) teal/maroon sucked ferociously, and the Pistons realistically had no shot, because of the very stroing Eastern Conference, and because Detroit is a 4 sport town, with college, and at the time, some very good RedWing teams, the fact is, the Metro Detroit area is a big market, and I am kind of disgusted with how many fans behaved in the 90's. I can't speak for anything that happened in the 80's. Also, with respect for the Brawl, I still conted that what happened was no different than what would have happened in other cities: Cleveland, or Phili etc... it was a [un]lucky hit on a volitile player in a sport where fans are very close to the action. I still contend that, under the circumstances, the fans should be credited for not getting alot worse (which it easily could have).

Indiana: Good melo croud. You are basketball savvy, but you prefer the non-pro versions of basketball. You are as consistant as Your team. That is a compliment in its own right. However, You have become a bit too cynical in recent years (and perhaps, rightfully so) and don't even show up to playoff series in force, unless it is after the second round. I can't say I blame you, but the playoffs are the playoffs, and they could at any time pull a Knicks 1999, and make it to the Finals, so I am a little dissapointed that you don't support your team a little more. Every move the Pacers have made was with winning in mind (for the most part) and I think you fans should support them more.

Utah: You guys don't get enough credit. Small market, 1 pro sport team, nothing to do, yet you fans were Sacremento-like before Sacremento [read: LOUD LOUD LOUD], and you still support your very medeocre team very well. More props to you Utah fans...

Portland: Nice people, but WAY too loyal. You fans needed to boycott this team 6 years ago. What was happening there WAY overstepped 'bad product on the field' barrier... these guys were a disgrace. Members of this team are still causing problems well after the dissassembly, and the 'Jailblazers' are still the Jailblazers. And now they don't even make the playoffs.

Knicks: Loyal to the last. You love Your Knicks. I'll give you that. You stopped comming en masse when the Knicks went downhill, but you didn't do it well enough, fast enough. You want nothing more than for their basketball team to equal Your baseball teams. Yet, you fans can't catch a break. While not as overly loyal as the Blazer fans, you guys are too loyal, and really should have done a better job of sending a message to the dumbass owner that his moves sucked.

New Jersey: Sorry guys, you guys are probably worse than Heat guys. You STILL DIDN'T SHOW UP AFTER THE TEAM WAS A LAGIT CONTENDER!!! WHAT THE HELL? Is New Jersy so against basketball that you will never support your team? Help me out here: what was your attendence for Devils' games? Were they as sucky? I feel bad for those who did attend and never got to bask in the glory of a championship in an empty stadium. The fact is, you fans don't deserve a team, and I hope the door hits you on their way out back to New York. You are the worst.

Houston: Fans seem average to me. You arn't bad fans by any stretch of the immagination, but your support for your team lacks anything special to mention about.

Dallas: I will give you slack. Here is why: Almost every other team on this list has had SOME KIND of history to fall back on. The Kings were once a very sucessful Royals francise. Nets and Pacers had their ABA glory days, and recent trips to the Finals. Before Cuban, the Mavs had nothing but bad managment. Why support a team that put a bad product on the field without 1 iota of history to fall back on? Dallas fans have been good since Cuban. The test will be that when the Mavs fall back to medeocrity (it will happen eventually, sorry Dallas fans, that is life) how will the fanbase respond? Will it be a proper response (there should be support, esp if there is hope, but not complete desertion or insane loyalty). On another note, Dallas fans don't seem to bring anything special to the table while the Mavs have been good. Not bad, just nothing special, like say, Detroit, Sacremento, or Utah.

Golden State: Too loyal. This francise has needed a kick in the but for over a decade, and you fans just keep flushing your money down the toilet.

L.A.: Like Doc Rivers said about Cubs fans cheering for the White Sox, calling them 'tranSoxuals'; while the overly loyal Clipper fans finally got a payoff, the Laker fans were just terrible, jumping the fence. I find the majority of the people who are actualy at Laker games are overly aarogant (heh, you might have a right to be) and just there as status symbols. I feel bad for the LA community who never get to go to games on a regular basis because of crazy prices: I am sure they would be a lot better than the 'come late, leave early' crowd the Lakers always get. Shame on you, Laker ticket holders: You are a disgrace.

Phily: Wow, you guys are HARSH. I like it, to a point. You are knowledgeable and passionate. But you guys have to go the other way a little: Show some patients SOMETIMES.

Boston: Great fans. You are spoiled from history, but you guys generaly show up in proper numbers when the team struggles, and show up big when the team shows promse. I am so sorry that history has completely deserted you with the deaths... You are great fans.

Cleveland: Not much history, except bad, until now, so you are in a similar boat as Dallas, at around the time Cuban was in his second year. I will withold judgement for now.

Toronto: You were dealt a crappy hand, and you responded in kind. You had some good years early, you responded with some very good crouds. Show me something unique when Bosh starts tearing up your division, and you get a medal for being great fans.

Chicago: Ahh, Bulls fans: You love da Bulls. You love them so. I really have nothing bad to say about you. You have shown almost perfect response to the changing situations. Perhaps a little too loyal durring the horrible era post Jordan (Brand, Floyd, Artest/Brand, Curry, Chandler) and not showing me anything special durring the dynesty. A good example of fans in a big market, with room for improvement.

Sorry for not breaking down the other cities. I just don't know enough about you.

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2006, 02:52 AM
^ nice

dirk4mvp
08-29-2006, 06:06 AM

Then you'd have to replace Mavs with Spurs.

sickdsm
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Get real, dude. You may be a Wolves fan, but you're obviously not residing in Minnesota are you? The true NBA fans in this state have nothing but disdain for McHale, and want him out of the FO immediately. The biggest problem with Minnesota is that it has proven not to be an NBA venue. This is more of a Vikings town than it is for the Timberwolves. Don't mistake apathy for fans burying their head in the sand. Most people in Minnesota just don't care for the Wolves. Shit, Gopher basketball and hockey have a larger following than the Wolves. Garnett may be the most underappreciated athlete this state has ever seen.

I'm no fan of Kevin McHale. His bungling of draft picks over the years has crippled this team to the point where they have no chance of rebuilding around Garnett. I'm beginning to think that Garnett should be moved, but only if the right deal came along. I'm not in favor of just giving him away like the Lakers did Shaquille O'Neal.

As much as I supported Flip Saunders, it was time for him to go as he clearly lost control of his team. McHale, however, should have been fired right along with him. As much blame as McHale gets, Glen Taylor deserves more for allowing the bozo to retain his job and run the team further into the ground.

hahah, ya got me there. Nope i don't live in Minnesota. I live 7 miles outside the border. I gues you pwned me there, eh?

You a perfect example of my view on MN sports fans. You still continue to kiss Flip's ass in Piston threads when it was obviosly time for him to leave. To Detroit fans, it may not be time for him to leave there, but it will be. Good knowledgable fans don't need it to obvious. Folks here may or may not remember my "NBA title or bust" rant in '04 where i either wanted it all or a complete failure so Flip would have to be canned. Sure, jump on the "Fire Mac" bandwagon now, but where were you when it actually would have made a difference? KG's career will never include a ring in MN unless its as a role player in a Greg Oden led championship or something of that caliber. A Danny Ainge type GM even as few as in '03 would have had a championship caliber team right now with at least SOME halfass draft picks.

Can you imagine have quality draft picks for the last decade where we would be?

Anyone that's STILL slightly opposed to dealing KG falls into this category.

The team would be much better off had Kev and Flip both been fired years ago and KG traded for some quality prospects and high picks.

Hell, we had oppurtunities to deal KG before to chicago with their high picks and young'uns and we everyone, i'm assuming you also, were opposed to that idea.

What makes you think we'll get a better deal as he gets older and MN more desparate? I'm not saying that this should have been done five years ago, but after the Spree and Sam thing fell apart, did you think we'd win/will win right now with a bunch of kids?

I would have taken expiring contracts and high picks and also clearing out other bad contracts for KG. I'm sorry if he'd feel bad or get stuck on a really crappy team but the franchise is more important then "the franchise"

Suck for a year or two and be right back in the mix.