PDA

View Full Version : Italy v USA

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Italy fucked up by trying to get physical and talking shit. They won't lead again.

sendman
08-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Ouch, Howard fell hard. I hope he's OK.
And he can fall on his head, isn't that right Manny?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Italy's aggressive.

I still don't see us losing though.

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Italy fucked up by trying to get physical and talking shit. They won't lead again.

... :lol

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Say what?

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Italy is playing aggresively, but I doubt they`ll be able to keep it up, foul trouble....

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Much, much better officiating than yesterday.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
The U.S. will tire them out. Or have them foul out.

This games pretty good so far though. Except for the standard FIBA officiating.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Much, much better officiating than yesterday.
Relatively. :lol

Duncanoypi
08-23-2006, 06:14 AM
32-35....Italy

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:14 AM
The U.S. will tire them out. Or have them foul out.

This games pretty good so far though. Except for the standard FIBA officiating.
Ignorant shit.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Who's winning?

MannyIsGod
Much, much better officiating than yesterday.:lmao

Dude, whatever.

#7 on Italy is a bitch. He's doing all kinds of little dirty shit like holding arms and grabbing a ton.

Halftime can't come soon enough, they are flat out playing horribly righ tnow.

velik_m
no zone D does wonders.

it seems all USA offense is set against zone d, just solo actions for man-to-man.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Wassup now TPork?

velik_m
08-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Italy is playing aggresively, but I doubt they`ll be able to keep it up, foul trouble....

what good is being out of foul trouble if you're down 30 in the last quarter?

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:18 AM
36-45 Italy, half time.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:18 AM
too much one on one. The coach better straighten them out for the 2nd half, or I will Be laughing.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:19 AM
:lmao

Dude, whatever.

#7 on Italy is a bitch. He's doing all kinds of little dirty shit like holding arms and grabbing a ton.

Halftime can't come soon enough, they are flat out playing horribly righ tnow.
And US players don´t do dirty shit, right? :lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Ignorant shit.
I'm talking in general terms about the officiating.

Duncan says so. FIBA sucks. :lol

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 06:20 AM

ok even if USA wins in the end....

MUVAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

some modesty and respect to others once in a while wouldnt hurt teh gringos :blah

i gtg to work now but i sure hope Italy defats USA even though they defeated us! :elephant

p.s.

why arent players saluting today?

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Italy is really controlling every part of the game right now. The US on offense looks exactly the way they did in Athens and its pretty sick.

That being said, every bounce has also gone Italy's way. I don't expect that to continue.

I thought we responded well to the initial physical nature of Italy's play, but then when Howard went down, they showed huge mental weakness.

Chris Paul needs to play much more in order to stop Italy's penetration, and hopefully Howard can be out there more as well because Brand has been useless so far.

sendman
If refs would followed the rules by the book yesterday, US team would be called for travelling about 10 times. And I won't even start on foul calling.
But don't get me wrong, US team was much better and they didn't need this kind of help.

When refs start calling this shit in important games (and they will), US team will have a hard time adjustig to it. Mark my words.

MannyIsGod
And US players don´t do dirty shit, right? :lmao
I didn't say that, but the guy was going to an extreme.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm talking in general terms about the officiating.

Duncan says so. FIBA sucks. :lol
On the other hand you are right. Yes they sucks. We saw their shitty refing yesterday.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 06:22 AM
This is awesome. I love how all of you are salivating at the thought of the US going down. Well, you can hope all you want, but it isn't going to happen.

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2006, 06:23 AM
...i hope the lack of a half-court game does not come back to bite the USA in this tournament. they have shown ZERO signs of an efficient half-court game in any of the WBC games....and i am sick of seeing one on one plays. you cannot win just b/c you are more athletic. this is borderline pathetic....so far.

Pero
what good is being out of foul trouble if you're down 30 in the last quarter?

True.

MannyIsGod
ok even if USA wins in the end....

MUVAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

some modesty and respect to others once in a while wouldnt hurt teh gringos :blah

i gtg to work now but i sure hope Italy defats USA even though they defeated us! :elephant

p.s.

why arent players saluting today?The gringos? Man, I'm not sure if you know what the word means because I think gringos is the last way anyone would try to describe our team.

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 06:24 AM
This is awesome. I love how all of you are salivating at the thought of the US going down. Well, you can hope all you want, but it isn't going to happen.

i still think at tops italy has 20% chance of wining in the end

but if they do-GOOD

showboating and stuff like that in games against inferior teams makes it hard to like them

the guy i like most in this team is actually Battier

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:25 AM
I doubt the U.S. is gonna play as sloppy in the 2nd half. They missed a bunch of their freethrows.

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 06:25 AM
The gringos? Man, I'm not sure if you know what the word means because I think gringos is the last way anyone would try to describe our team.

it was meant to be a joke or something

i know what the word "gringo" stands for

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 06:26 AM
I think its funny, Brazil showboats to the greatest extreme of all time in football and it is called flair. The US throws around a few salutes and we're supposed to wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

The simple fact is that there are people out there who love to hate the US for varius reasons right now, and this is simply another facet of that.

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:26 AM

Hmmm, actually I`m not so sure if I want the US to lose this time. I`d rather see them crush Italy, because they beat us. :lol
But if Italy wins, that will be also good.
Win win situation for me either way. :)

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
How can you say Italy has a 20% of chance of winning the game. THEY WON THE SILVER IN ATHENS AND DEFEATED THE US TEAM, ALBEIT A DIFFERENT CAST OF AMERICANS, IN AN EXHIBITION THAT SUMMER AS WELL.

I cant believe you think they have a 20% of a chance of winning when they have proven they are a damn good team.

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:28 AM
you cannot win just b/c you are more athletic.

Maybe not, but athleticism is the biggest advantage the US has, they would never be so good without it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:28 AM
I think its funny, Brazil showboats to the greatest extreme of all time in football and it is called flair. The US throws around a few salutes and we're supposed to wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

The simple fact is that there are people out there who love to hate the US for varius reasons right now, and this is simply another facet of that.
I don't think the world hates this team as much. They'll keep rooting for them to fall, until more teams narrow the gap.

velik_m
08-23-2006, 06:29 AM

The problem with this USA team is they have average C's so the teams don't need to play zone d. Italians are not giving them open threes and they take care of the ball better than we did. They also opened the game more phisical and the refs are forced to call fouls and to avoid the blatant foul discrepancy they call them on both sides - this reduces the USA pressure defense. It might bite Italy in the ass and they won't have their best man for the finish, but at least they'll be close(r) and maybe they can spring a surprise. Once again our players were out of foul trouble at the end, but what good did that do us?

Spurologist
08-23-2006, 06:30 AM
team USA needs to pack up if they are going to be playing this one on one garbage against a mediocre team. Those assists were overrated because they came in transition.

Italy have gained confidence has the game has gone on. They are going to be jacking three all night. Some D would be nice. Coach K needs to post up Howard more and take advantage of the massive strength inside. This would get good shooters like J Johnson and Henrich some looks. This one on one shit is really sadenning with all that talent. How can coach K allow that shit to happen throughtout the first half?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:31 AM
How can you say Italy has a 20% of chance of winning the game. THEY WON THE SILVER IN ATHENS AND DEFEATED THE US TEAM, ALBEIT A DIFFERENT CAST OF AMERICANS, IN AN EXHIBITION THAT SUMMER AS WELL.

I cant believe you think they have a 20% of a chance of winning when they have proven they are a damn good team.
Do they have that same coach from the Olympics?

velik_m
08-23-2006, 06:31 AM
Hmmm, actually I`m not so sure if I want the US to lose this time. I`d rather see them crush Italy, because they beat us. :lol
But if Italy wins, that will be also good.
Win win situation for me either way. :)

if Italy loses the second spot is still up for the grabs for us (with a little help from Puerto Rico)

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 06:32 AM

what brazil does and the mentality of brazil players is much diferent than of these guys

Brazil's foreign policy and the situation is also very very diferent from USA's

but lets leave the politics out of this

but that saluting wasnt very liked by oposing teams and fans-guaranteed

u were also ticked off by the Italian "shit talking" :drunk

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:32 AM
if Italy loses the second spot is still up for the grabs for us (with a little help from Puerto Rico)

Really? Didn`t know that. So we`d have to beat China, and PR would have to beat Italy? If they lose today of course.

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:33 AM
One thing, how come all US games are at 12.30 our time? And we have games in the morning?...

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Really? Didn`t know that. So we`d have to beat China, and PR would have to beat Italy? If they lose today of course.

i didnt know that either

lets hope for the best :princess

sendman
08-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Italy doesn't stand a chance, it's just the matter of time when they will start fading away.

I'm talking about elimination round, when refs will really start calling things by FIBA rules.
USA team will really suffer. First they will be amazed, then they will get nervous and then things can get ugly. I'm not saying they will, but there is a good chance of that happening.

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Maybe not, but athleticism is the biggest advantage the US has, they would never be so good without it.

...its probably the biggest, but it won't win the tournament. time to play smart AND use athleticism. btw, though this team has great wings they really needed to get a true center or power forward with a real post game (i know thats not news to anyone).

ro_50
Finally they wake up.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
:lol Belinelli idolizes Kobe.

No wonder why he keeps chucking 3's.

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:38 AM
It will be nice if Coach K teaches his players to BOX OUT.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 06:38 AM
wade will make sure we don't lose.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:39 AM

hey I agree with you that most people in this thread can't wait for the US to lose, and that is normal, everyone wants the best to fail. When the Spurs were champions every other team in the NBA wanted them to fail, go figure http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif.

oh and there is a difference with that Brasil to US comparison, you see, Brasil is at its best when its doing its thing, that which you call showboating, however, it doesn't seem to be the case with the US. Brasil doesn't showboat, they PLAY, which is exactly how it should be, doing a stupid stunt after having made a dunk, much like the push ups Amare used to do, is completely different, and look at where it got Amare http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Having said that, victory is never as sweet as when achieved against great adversity, so the US should enjoy their wins twofold now that everyone wants them to fail.

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Getting chippy out there. It also would be nice if the US team doesn't try to get a steal everytime when they are guarding their man. It annoying.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Personally, I want the US to win, right up until they play us. Winning this tournament wouldn't feel right without beating the "dream team".

sendman
08-23-2006, 06:45 AM
This is the end for Italy, players are starting to make stupid mistakes, freshnes is gone.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
This is the end for Italy, players are starting to make stupid mistakes, freshnes is gone.
At least they made the game interesting.

ro_50
Personally, I want the US to win, right up until they play us. Winning this tournament wouldn't feel right without beating the "dream team".

As much as I love the US team and am rooting for them w/ all of my heart, this is not a "Dream Team."

:lol

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah, the next person who tries to tell me there isn't showboating after EVERY SINGLE GOAL in the WC by almost every team needs to really think about what they are saying.

It doesn't matter though, our team is going to win and those of you that hate our team can continue doing so.

#7 should never have pissed of Dwayne Wade. Thats for damn sure.

ro_50
Argentina has played better than the US team in this tournament thus far.

MaNuMaNiAc
As much as I love the US team and am rooting for them w/ all of my heart, this is not a "Dream Team."

hence the quotation marks

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:47 AM
hence the quotation marks

Oh. :lol

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Elton Brand, Melo and Wade have played great today.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the next person who tries to tell me there isn't showboating after EVERY SINGLE GOAL in the WC by almost every team needs to really think about what they are saying.

It doesn't matter though, our team is going to win and those of you that hate our team can continue doing so.

#7 should never have pissed of Dwayne Wade. Thats for damn sure. my bad, I thought you were talking about how they played, not what they did afterwards. I agree, there is celebration after EVERY single goal. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Still, I think you can preety much agree with me that EVERY team does that, not just Brasil. As opposed to basketball where most teams don't do that sort of thing. So you can see how it can be contrude as showboating

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:51 AM
I swear the US team shoots free throws like the Spurs do.

Pero
08-23-2006, 06:51 AM

Please, scoring a goal or a basket is different. Have you ever seen a football game where there were 200 goals or something? 1 goal can mean a win. 1 basket usually doesn`t. If they were showboating like that after a basket in last second for the win, it would be normal....

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Please, scoring a goal or a basket is different. Have you ever seen a football game where there were 200 goals or something? 1 goal can mean a win. 1 basket usually doesn`t. If they were showboating like that after a basket in last second for the win, it would be normal....
yeah, that too

velik_m
08-23-2006, 06:53 AM
my bad, I thought you were talking about how they played, not what they did afterwards. I agree, there is celebration after EVERY single goal. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

yeah but a goal there is like 40 points in basketball.

OT: i remember the spanish not only not celebrating their 4th goal in the match, but crying because they were out of tournament. (again)

ro_50
Hit Free Throws, Please. If They Cant Make Ft's Against An Argentina Or Spain, They Are Screwed.

sendman

Manny, it's hard to compare soccer and Bball. The flow and tempo of the game is completely different (rules do that). Can you imagine Tim or Gino take of his uniform after every basket and run around in circles?
:lol :lol :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:54 AM

#7 should never have pissed of Dwayne Wade. Thats for damn sure.
by the way, you can stop the drama Manny, I don't think people hate the US, its just that the US is Goliath and the rest of us merely Davids, and I don't know about you, but I've never met anyone rooting for Goliath.

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:56 AM
by the way, you can stop the drama Manny, I don't think people hate the US, its just that the US is Goliath and the rest of us merely Davids, and I don't know about you, but I've never met anyone rooting for Goliath.

US is not Goliath anymore in basketball.

ro_50
08-23-2006, 06:57 AM
Get a hand in their faces. They are letting them hang around. Just frustrating.

ro_50
Thank god for MELO.

velik_m
Italians lack depth, we have more depth, they have better coach.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 06:58 AM
US is not Goliath anymore in basketball.
US has been Goliath for half a century my friend, you don't erase that image in a mere half a decade. Most countries are not done proving themselves against the US, get what I mean?

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 07:00 AM
The US doesn't do the salute after every basket, so the soccer analogy stands since they only do it a few times a game.

There's no drama, I just think its funny that people need to drum up the salute to hate our team. People will hate the US team regardless of what they do because as you said they are Golaith.

Fuck David, I know who I'm rooting for.

samikeyp

but lets leave the politics out of this

If you wanted to leave politics out....then why bring it up to begin with.

Besides...isn't showboating showboating no matter who does it?

Also...why is it that when an American player shoves its dirty but when someone from another country does it, its "just FIBA basketball"?

sendman
Intensity on USA team isn't that big today me think. Confidence went thru the roof after first few games. That may also bite them.

Spurologist
08-23-2006, 07:01 AM

Dude. Not knowing that the world has always found a way to hate the US is pure ignorance. That simple.

ro_50
08-23-2006, 07:02 AM
US has been Goliath for half a century my friend, you don't erase that image in a mere half a decade. Most countries are not done proving themselves against the US, get what I mean?

They were Goliaths for a long, long time but I'm talking about now-a-days.

You are right most countries are not done proving themselves against the US, but teams in Europe like Italy, Spain and others like Lithuania and Argentina can play w them and beat them.

Italy is not going away and if it wasnt for Melo, US would be screwed.

sendman
08-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Also...why is it that when an American player shoves its dirty but when someone from another country does it, its "just FIBA basketball"?

Dirty play should be dirty play no matter who used it. Refs should just stick by the rules, and a dirty player would end his game faster then you can say KRANJSKA.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Dude. Not knowing that the world has always found a way to hate the US is pure ignorance. That simple.
Is it that the world has found ways to hate the US or that the US has given the world reason?

Shit nevermind man, this is a basketball thread, leave the politics out of this!

Duncanoypi
08-23-2006, 07:07 AM
whats the score?

Spurologist
I didn't think I'd be watching the Denver Nuggets this mourning.

Pero
Is it that the world has found ways to hate the US or that the US has given the world reason?

Shit nevermind man, this is a basketball thread, leave the politics out of this!

Just what I wanted to say, on both accounts. :)

Pero
I didn't think I'd be watching the Denver Nuggets this mourning.

MannyIsGod
I know who I hate

http://195.56.77.210/art/player/SOR-MAT-75.jpg

This bitch ass motherfucker.

Spurologist
08-23-2006, 07:08 AM

Both. I'll leave it at that.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 07:08 AM
I know who I hate

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

MaNuMaNiAc
08-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Both. I'll leave it at that.
I can agree with that

Dre_7
08-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Italy have been hammering the US, mainly Lebron. In a span of a few minutes he was elbowed, fouled over the back, and fouled while posting up. He needs to just dunk it down their throats. The dirty play is pissing me off.

sendman
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
I know who I hate

I hate this bitch ass mofo too! :lol :lol :lol
Look, we are on the same page! :drunk

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Italy have been hammering the US, mainly Lebron. In a span of a few minutes he was elbowed, fouled over the back, and fouled while posting up. He needs to just dunk it down their throats. The dirty play is pissing me off.

:lol Ironic :lol

Dre_7
08-23-2006, 07:15 AM

:lol Ironic :lol

When was the US playing dirty?

sendman
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM
They don't have to....for now!

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM

Not dirty, aggressive. As is Italy.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
ahahhahahahahhahahahah

Italy tried a lob

ahahhahahhahahah

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
You see, when it`s your team you say aggressive, when it`s the other, it`s dirty...
It`s just the way it is.

Dre_7
08-23-2006, 07:19 AM

Yes the fouls are aggresive, but once elbows are thrown, it goes from aggresive to dirty, IMO.

Spurologist
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
.............and Joe Johnson contribution to the game is a big pile of nothing*

*He is playing like shit.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Some of what Italy did was pretty dirty. Like when they went over the back of Lebron.

But I guess we U.S. viewers aren't used to International Play.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 07:21 AM
The color guy doing these games needs to be put on a plane back to the US. Never have I missed Bill Walton so much.

sendman
08-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Yes the fouls are aggresive, but once elbows are thrown, it goes from aggresive to dirty, IMO.

I agree!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Well the U.S. talent of Wade and Carmello saved our asses. This isn't exactly DOMINATING the other team like Lebron said we would.

Pero
The color guy doing these games needs to be put on a plane back to the US. Never have I missed Bill Walton so much.

What is a color guy? Is that a comentator? And is he black or what?

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Congrats US.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Too bad these officials weren't in Athens. It's nice to see the USA getting the calls they don't deserve. I'm embarassed at how classless our players are. Some of our guys need a fucking crack to the jaw.

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Too bad these officials weren't in Athens. It's nice to see the USA getting the calls they don't deserve. I'm embarassed at how classless our players are. Some of our guys need a fucking crack to the jaw.

Are you being sarcastic?

velik_m
08-23-2006, 07:26 AM
USA wins, but this game exposed all the weaknesses in american team. Argentina looks like a team that matches the best with americans and will be the prime threat for USA, also greeks. Spain in my opinion doesn't match up good with USA.

sendman
08-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Some of what Italy did was pretty dirty. Like when they went over the back of Lebron.

But I guess we U.S. viewers aren't used to International Play.

Italians are notorious for pulling stuff like that. And not only in Bball, they do it in every sport. It's mentality thing I think. Nation wit a lot of passion, and very little nerves.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Jesus, dude. They've been grabbing the entire game. James was throwing cheap shots and Wade has been running his mouth in addition to hitting guys on at least two occasions. When one of the Italian guys dared to ask him what his problem was he suddenly got James and six other US players in his face. You can root for your team, but don't be stupid.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Are you being sarcastic?
Not even remotely.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Jesus, dude. They've been grabbing the entire game. James was throwing cheap shots and Wade has been running his mouth in addition to hitting guys on at least two occasions. When one of the Italian guys dared to ask him what his problem was he suddenly got James and six other US players in his face. You can root for your team, but don't be stupid.
:clap

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 07:30 AM
What is a color guy? Is that a comentator? And is he black or what?A "color guy" is the 2nd commentator that doesn't do play by play but adds in info. Usually a former player coach, etc etc

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:31 AM
A "color guy" is the 2nd commentator that doesn't do play by play but adds in info. Usually a former player coach, etc etc

Ahh, I see, thanks.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:31 AM
:clap
Weren't you one of the guys saying that Duncan was getting whistled because he "didn't know the international game"? If not, I apologize, but if so, get the hell off my side.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Never have I missed Bill Walton so much.
Amen.

NBA Junkie
08-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Is Brad Miller injured?

This is one of the first games I've seen, but had the sound down.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Weren't you one of the guys saying that Duncan was getting whistled because he "didn't know the international game"? If not, I apologize, but if so, get the hell off my side.
Never said that. I said he didn´t got "superstar" treatment.

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Is Brad Miller injured?

No.

stefano
08-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm so proud of italy's team. Great game. Great Belinelli and great defense by Soragna (he was with bargnani during the draft.)

However Gallinari probably is > Bargnani. He is 88, 205 cm and he can play G and F.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Never said that. I said he didn´t got "superstar" treatment.
Which is even stupider. Stay off my side.

Kibic
08-23-2006, 07:39 AM
It is OVER now!!!

Without Carmelo hiting 8 or 9 three's... they are out of the game.
And the attitude...they were pathetic with complaining all the time.

It's gona be very interesting in next games with some good teams.

I just like to see all those ignorant's, "suprised" faces. It's not their foult but ....
And some parolas..."We will dominate..."

Kibic
08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Is Brad Miller injured?

He will not get much time when the real games come...

NBA Junkie
08-23-2006, 07:45 AM

Neither will Antawn Jamison it appears.

Pero
08-23-2006, 07:46 AM

He isn`t getting much time now either.

temujin
08-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Too bad Italy lost.
It took the very best of Carmelo Antonio, though.

I still miss the 2-3 zone in the second half.

A bit distressing.

zeleni
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Someone said to the referees: That kind of stupidity can't happen again!

I mean Rasho got his NBA foul per default treatment while both skippers fouled at will under the basket.

And don't let me start on making Nachbar's basket in the 1qt worth 2points?! You were handed our win, and now Italians collected the scrubs. I really hope we meet again in this tournament. ;)

USA is not playing dirty, mostly is playing sloppy and on flair while not really paying taxes on the rules. Melo's dunk on 4 steps?! Melo collecting a ball out of bounds?! All in just our game. The first game USA played with 6 players? Normaly that is a technical at least. And I didn't even mention Brezec and his blocks and etc.

USA doesn't deserve the gold while disrespecting the game by ignoring the rules, while putting all these pressure on the officials.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Dirty play should be dirty play no matter who used it. Refs should just stick by the rules, and a dirty player would end his game faster then you can say KRANJSKA.

I agree

WalterBenitez
08-23-2006, 07:54 AM
wow, USA was saved by MELO!?? hummmmm boys, be ready for Spain and ARG!!!
BTW USA improved a lot, in terms of understanding FIBA's rules and style.
Congrats boys!

DarkReign
08-23-2006, 07:55 AM

I mean Rasho got his NBA foul per default treatment while both skippers fouled at will under the basket.

And don't let me start on making Nachbar's basket in the 1qt worth 2points?! You were handed our win, and now Italians collected the scrubs. I really hope we meet again in this tournament. ;)

USA is not playing dirty, mostly is playing sloppy and on flair while not really paying taxes on the rules. Melo's dunk on 4 steps?! Melo collecting a ball out of bounds?! All in just our game. The first game USA played with 6 players? Normaly that is a technical at least. And I didn't even mention Brezec and his blocks and etc.

USA doesn't deserve the gold while disrespecting the game by ignoring the rules, while putting all these pressure on the officials.

International play sucks. FIBA sucks. If I were a player after watching these games, I would never participate again. The world plays a very girly version of a game called basketball. WNBA is right up FIBA's alley.

Fucking basket interference is not only allowed, its encouraged?! Fucking stupid. Keep FIBA, keep the WC, keep the Olympics. I hate this shit.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 07:56 AM
And the attitude...they were pathetic with complaining all the time.

Yes because the US team is the only ones doing this. :rolleyes

The last time I saw that many Italians crying was at my wedding. :p

temujin
08-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Teo.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Stay off my side.
No please, no! I will commit suicide now! :rolleyes

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
International play sucks. FIBA sucks. If I were a player after watching these games, I would never participate again. The world plays a very girly version of a game called basketball. WNBA is right up FIBA's alley.

Fucking basket interference is not only allowed, its encouraged?! Fucking stupid. Keep FIBA, keep the WC, keep the Olympics. I hate this shit.
:baby

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Here is what I don't get.

On one hand, some fans of the international game say "The US will not dominate like they used to"

Then win the US wins by less than 20...they criticize the US team for not being dominant "you only won by 15..hahaha"

Make up your damn minds. Margin of victory is irrelevant. Wins and losses are the only thing that matters. USA is 4-0 and beat two good teams to do that.

temujin
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM

I bet it was the terrible food.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:00 AM

Italy got hosed. That pressure defense consists of jamming the dribbler while everyone else holds and grabs. It's still Italy's fault that they lost, because they started admiring their work in the third quarter and got their asses handed to them. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't complain nearly as much as I think they had a right to.

boutons_
"they were pathetic with complaining all the time."

Yeah, but they're USA ballas, aka whiny bitches, so they don't give no respect to nobody. The refs just get in the way.

I'm very impressed by the tough attitudes the opponents are showing. Nobody's backing down. Good game. w/o Carmelo going nutz in the 3rd, USA loses.

Carmelo's still a bitchy ball-hog balla. Typical was Camelo shooting a super-long 3G off the glass in the last 2 minutes. Its all about Carmelo.

If the opponent can take care of the ball, avoid the TOs and giving up fastbreak points off TOs, the USA is very beatable.

Slo spurs fan

Well said! Anyone who ignore this facts is just another brick in the wall of stupidity and ignorance.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
The USA got fucked in Athens by the officials and you guys fucking ate it up and said that they were complainers and should just deal with the fact that they aren't as good as they think. The shoe doesn't feel so good when it's on the other foot, does it?

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
USA is not playing dirty, mostly is playing sloppy and on flair while not really paying taxes on the rules. Melo's dunk on 4 steps?!

Travelling rules don't seem to be the same in FIBA and NBA.

Melo collecting a ball out of bounds?! All in just our game. The first game USA played with 6 players? Normaly that is a technical at least. And I didn't even mention Brezec and his blocks and etc.

I thought the refs were decent.
They are fans too.
Sometimes I felt they stopped and just watched Wade jumping.
Never mind when that first dribble actually touched the ground, with respects of feet moving....

You sort of expect that.

WalterBenitez
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
"they were pathetic with complaining all the time."
I'm very impressed by the tough attitudes the opponents are showing. Nobody's backing down. Good game. w/o Carmelo going nutz in the 3rd, USA loses.
That's why USA BBall nominated him ;)

If the opponent can take care of the ball, avoid the TOs and giving up fastbreak points off TOs, the USA is very beatable.
That's why USA could not get the GOLD :sleep

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:07 AM
fiba refs>nba refs

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:08 AM
The USA got fucked in Athens by the officials
Why ? Becouse they traveled a lot?

Obstructed_View
Yeah okay. You hate the USA. Move the fuck on.

temujin
Italy got hosed. That pressure defense consists of jamming the dribbler while everyone else holds and grabs.

Yes. When you are bigger, you do that.
It's part of the game.

It's still Italy's fault that they lost, because they started admiring their work in the third quarter and got their asses handed to them.

Totally agree. Plus they got Belinelli and Soragna out.
Italy still has to win tomorrow's game.

Doesn't change the fact that they didn't complain nearly as much as I think they had a right to.

You don't know their coaches.
They picked these players.
No complain.
No sorry.

Botte e sorrisi.

WalterBenitez
08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Here is what I don't get.

On one hand, some fans of the international game say "The US will not dominate like they used to"

Then win the US wins by less than 20...they criticize the US team for not being dominant "you only won by 15..hahaha"

Make up your damn minds. Margin of victory is irrelevant. Wins and losses are the only thing that matters. USA is 4-0 and beat two good teams to do that.

You know USA dominated for so long, so what you expect? some people want to watch USA not getting a medal (I am filling the form after USA cut Bruce :devil ); besides that I love to see NBA's Stars representing their country.

:music the only serious team USA defeated up to now is ITALY.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes. When you are bigger, you do that.
It's part of the game.

Holding and grabbing is part of the game? What game are you talking about?

You don't know their coaches.
They picked these players.
No complain.
No sorry.

Botte e sorrisi.
I don't know what you mean by this. Italy didn't complain very much to the officials about the calls in my opinion. I don't have to know who their coach is to make that observation.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:13 AM
I never ever said anything like that!
I hate only TPark and little dwarf of this forum. :lol (Not really)

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Italy got hosed. That pressure defense consists of jamming the dribbler while everyone else holds and grabs. It's still Italy's fault that they lost, because they started admiring their work in the third quarter and got their asses handed to them. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't complain nearly as much as I think they had a right to.

This just takes me back to the point that the officiating has been woefully inconsistent. I saw bad touch fouls called against both teams and big time hacks not called on either team. But for people to indicate the US players were the only ones complaining is crazy.

WalterBenitez
08-23-2006, 08:14 AM
NBA's Superstar make more steps than a pedestrian my friend ... in FIBA you simple CAN'T.

FIBA's refs sucks as much as NBA's ones :lol , but ... FIBA's ones dont use that Star treatment as a criteria. :music

Kibic
08-23-2006, 08:15 AM
No. Becouse Wade go for dunk, "bboingg" in rim without someone touch him and even get 2 FT. And Italian get his foul.

That was too much even for Wade. Man, he was realy embaresed. He was holding face in his hand.

orhe
08-23-2006, 08:15 AM
great game by anthony!

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Holding and grabbing is part of the game? What game are you talking about?

Anything is allowed as long as the Ref is letting you get away with it.
You wouldn't want to see Wade end up on the bench with fouls trouble will you?

I don't know what you mean by this. Italy didn't complain very much to the officials about the calls in my opinion.

Of course.

I don't have to know who their coach is to make that observation.

I actually do.
And I tell you that the complainers and whiners were left at home.
And those that back down in front of James, too..

WalterBenitez
08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
:wow

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:18 AM
You know USA dominated for so long, so what you expect? some people want to watch USA not getting a medal (I am filling the form after USA cut Bruce :devil ); besides that I love to see NBA's Stars representing their country.

:music the only serious team USA defeated up to now is ITALY.
After Duncan and Iverson publicly declared their wish to represent their country and got absolutely skewered by virtually everyone for not winning the gold, and after this embarassing show by the US that, as Fran said, seemed offended that someone would dare to stand up to them, I'm thinking I'd rather see college kids playing for the USA who are glad to be there and maybe don't win the gold medal. We put our fingerprint on the sport in '92 with the greatest basketball team ever assembled, and there's no way to top that. They shouldn't have tried to follow it, but someone keeps dreaming of jersey sales.

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:18 AM
No. Becouse Wade go for dunk, "bboingg" in rim without someone touch him and even get 2 FT. And Italian get his foul.

That was too much even for Wade. Man, he was realy embaresed. He was holding face in his hand.

Yeah, that was funny.
He held his hand......
I ams still laughing...

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
You know USA dominated for so long, so what you expect?

I expect credit and respect for a win and not excuses for hate. Fans of other countries expect the same and deserve the same. Argentine fans came in here and cracked on those people who dissed their Olympic team in 2004 for winning and they had a right to be upset. I understand that the days of the US throwing any 12 NBA players together and beating anybody by 40 are over. The world's basketball teams have gotten way better and I think that is great. I like the fact that the WC and the Olympics can be up for grabs among several teams. I love to see the US win but hey, if they don't, then I give credit where it is due. I don't think its too much to ask to see the same thing for our team as well. I am starting to wonder if Manny is right. It seems too many people are just looking to hate on the US for no apparent reason but to just hate. They bring in politics, world events (neither of which has to do with basketball) or just make excuses. If Argentina wins this, and Manu and Oberto go around with their flag on their shoulders after winning..it will be called a celebration. If the US wins and LeBron and DWade do THE EXACT SAME THING, it will be called arrogant and showboating.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
NBA's Superstar make more steps than a pedestrian my friend ... in FIBA you simple CAN'T.

FIBA's refs sucks as much as NBA's ones :lol , but ... FIBA's ones dont use that Star treatment as a criteria. :music
I agree about refs sucking in NBA and in FIBA, I just can´t stand "star treatment". Refs should blow the whistle when they must, no matter who made a mistake or foul.

Pero
08-23-2006, 08:21 AM
fiba refs>nba refs

The USA got fucked in Athens by the officials and you guys fucking ate it up and said that they were complainers and should just deal with the fact that they aren't as good as they think. The shoe doesn't feel so good when it's on the other foot, does it?

The truth probably is, that it`s the same for pretty much ALL teams. But, the one who wins doesn`t complain usually. And the one who loses sees every mistake the refs made that went against their team... Every team gets bad call, on some games more than others.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Obstructed...I agree with you about wanting to represent the US. To me, representing your country is one of the highest honors anyone can achieve. If they don't want to be there...then don't go. Hopefully the current team really wants to be part of this.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Anything is allowed as long as the Ref is letting you get away with it.
You wouldn't want to see Wade end up on the bench with fouls trouble will you?

I didn't want to see Duncan on the bench with fouls trouble in Athens, but everyone has been telling me ever since then that I was overreacting and that the FIBA refs call travelling and moving picks more closely, which is complete and utter horseshit since Wade got a trip to the line for losing the ball and jamming his wrist on the rim.

Pero
08-23-2006, 08:26 AM
But for people to indicate the US players were the only ones complaining is crazy.

No, but maybe they just have stronger voices or something. :lol

True, that was BS. But, he was holding his face in his hand, and he was holding his hand because it hurt. Not because he was embarassed IMO.

Kibic
08-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I didn't want to see Duncan on the bench with fouls trouble in Athens, but everyone has been telling me ever since then that I was overreacting and that the FIBA refs call travelling and moving picks more closely, which is complete and utter horseshit since Wade got a trip to the line for losing the ball and jamming his wrist on the rim.
:tu

Slo spurs fan
I expect credit and respect for a win and not excuses for hate. Fans of other countries expect the same and deserve the same. Argentine fans came in here and cracked on those people who dissed their Olympic team in 2004 for winning and they had a right to be upset. I understand that the days of the US throwing any 12 NBA players together and beating anybody by 40 are over. The world's basketball teams have gotten way better and I think that is great. I like the fact that the WC and the Olympics can be up for grabs among several teams. I love to see the US win but hey, if they don't, then I give credit where it is due. I don't think its too much to ask to see the same thing for our team as well. I am starting to wonder if Manny is right. It seems too many people are just looking to hate on the US for no apparent reason but to just hate. They bring in politics, world events (neither of which has to do with basketball) or just make excuses. If Argentina wins this, and Manu and Oberto go around with their flag on their shoulders after winning..it will be called a celebration. If the US wins and LeBron and DWade do THE EXACT SAME THING, it will be called arrogant and showboating.

Well said and I agree with you. It is really wrong to call same thing once a celebration and the other time arrogant and s/b. It is wrong and I hope people will accept this.

samikeyp
thank you my friend.

BTW...congrats on today's win.

Kibic
08-23-2006, 08:28 AM
I expect credit and respect for a win and not excuses for hate. Fans of other countries expect the same and deserve the same. Argentine fans came in here and cracked on those people who dissed their Olympic team in 2004 for winning and they had a right to be upset. I understand that the days of the US throwing any 12 NBA players together and beating anybody by 40 are over. The world's basketball teams have gotten way better and I think that is great. ........... If Argentina wins this, and Manu and Oberto go around with their flag on their shoulders after winning..it will be called a celebration. If the US wins and LeBron and DWade do THE EXACT SAME THING, it will be called arrogant and showboating.
:tu

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:28 AM

The truth probably is, that it`s the same for pretty much ALL teams. But, the one who wins doesn`t complain usually. And the one who loses sees every mistake the refs made that went against their team... Every team gets bad call, on some games more than others.
I was rooting for the US, and they got away with murder in this game.

I thought that the USA had to learn from Athens that they needed to play differently in order to win, yet they can play a clutching grabbing defense and push off and flop on offense now and there's no problem. It disspells the myth that somehow the international game is superior and we just need to learn the nuances of it. FIBA officiating actually makes the NFL look good.

Kibic
08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
No, but maybe they just have stronger voices or something. :lol

True, that was BS. But, he was holding his face in his hand, and he was holding his hand because it hurt. Not because he was embarassed IMO.
Ok.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
FIBA officiating actually makes the NFL look good. :lol Sad but true.

Pero
08-23-2006, 08:30 AM
If the US wins and LeBron and DWade do THE EXACT SAME THING, it will be called arrogant and showboating.

I don`t think it will. You get a medal and that is normal, especially if it`s gold.

Hopefully the current team really wants to be part of this.

I think they do, at least more than the last two teams.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
By the way, how awesome is it that we have actual basketball games to talk about for a change?

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM

I think USA 04 had a lot of inside problems.
A lot.
The last one was refereeing.

I think today the Refs ill-treated Italy, on travelling non-calls and way too many TFs (How many 50?) for USA.

That is not why Italy lost, though.

Carmel'antonio is.
A mere normal performance of this guy
and we would be commenting another result.

So congratulation to CA (and Brand and Battier).

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:32 AM
BTW...congrats on today's win.
Thanks. I hope we will win tomorrow angainst China too. Becouse if we wont, we probably will go home.

Pero
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
By the way, how awesome is it that we have actual basketball games to talk about for a change?

Hehehe, basketball yeah, mixed a bit with politics and what not. :lol
But it`s cool. Otherwise it would be a bit boring during the summer.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I don`t think it will. You get a medal and that is normal, especially if it`s gold.

I hope you are right.

Slo spurs fan
I am with you one more time. You see now that I don´t hate you or USA! :lol

Obstructed_View
I think USA 04 had a lot of inside problems.
A lot.
The last one was refereeing.
So you are saying that Tim Duncan doesn't know how to set a pick nor can he keep from such things as committing touch fouls or picking up his pivot foot. Good for us as Spurs fans that those things only plagued him for that short period of time, never before or since.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:37 AM
So you are saying that Tim Duncan doesn't know how to set a pick nor can he keep from such things as committing touch fouls or picking up his pivot foot. Good for us as Spurs fans that those things only plagued him for that short period of time, never before or since.
Now I don´t agree. :lol

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:37 AM
As for arrogance, how about changing all five players after 8' in the first quarter.

That didn't happen in the third and fourth quarters.........

rotations were way shorter too....

ahahahahahahahah............

velik_m
08-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I was rooting for the US, and they got away with murder in this game.

I thought that the USA had to learn from Athens that they needed to play differently in order to win, yet they can play a clutching grabbing defense and push off and flop on offense now and there's no problem. It disspells the myth that somehow the international game is superior and we just need to learn the nuances of it. FIBA officiating actually makes the NFL look good.

the diference between hostile crowd in Greece and pro-american in Japan.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:40 AM
As for arrogance, how about changing all five players after 8' in the first quarter.

That didn't happen in the third and fourth quarters.........

rotations were way shorter too....

ahahahahahahahah............

So then...each team has to rotate players in a certain way now?

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:42 AM

Tim Duncan was called a three seconds violation on a fastbreak, once.
Coming as a trailer.
Incredible.

That was not FIBA.

It was NBA.
1999 Finals, Game 3, in NYC.

It was money, man, one more game.

I have learnt that anything can happen on a basketball court.

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:44 AM
So then...each team has to rotate players in a certain way now?

I played for several teams beating up the opponents by 60/90 points.
Our coach used to change the fives by quarters.

By the time we reached the finals, there were no such bullshit.
7/8 players played.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
So because the USA coach changed his rotation to try and win the game...that is arrogant?

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 08:52 AM
So because the USA coach changed his rotation to try and win the game...that is arrogant?
Exactly. Arrogance is benching your two centers in a seven game series and sticking to it for six games even though your team is getting torched on the inside.

Pero
08-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Exactly. Arrogance is benching your two centers in a seven game series and sticking to it for six games even though your team is getting torched on the inside.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Ahh...now it makes sense. :p

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
:lmao

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't blame K for changing things up....Italy was handing our asses to us in the first half.

But Obstructed....your point was well taken. (and I agree with you!) :)

temujin
08-23-2006, 08:55 AM

No.
He was arrogant because he DID NOT change the habit of having five folks in and five out, as it really didn't matter who was playing.
I KNOW what that means.
I know PRECISELY what was in italians' mind, at that point.
"Who do you think WE are? Senegal? I'll show a trick or two".
Ask Howard.
It did matter, and remind me the score at half time.

He would have regretted that, had not been for a sensational Antonio in the third quarter.

I still can't believe that Mike D'Antoni allowed that.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 08:59 AM
No.
He was arrogant because he DID NOT change the habit of having five folks in and five out, as it really didn't matter who was playing.
I KNOW what that means.
Ask Howard.

He would have regretted that, had not been for a sensational Antonio in the third quarter.

I disagree. He was going with what he had done in every previous game and it had worked up to that point which is what you do as a coach. If something works, you stick with it. This game however, dictated a different strategy. Arrogance would have been not changing his previous strategy and thinking that "My way will work regardless" when obviously it wasn't.

and no, you don't KNOW what that means. You have an opinion on what you think it means but unless you are on the bench with the coaches and the players, you cannot accurately KNOW what they are thinking.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:00 AM

Proof, please.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:01 AM
No.
I KNOW what that means.
Ask Howard.

That's ridiculous. Since the US was getting beat to rebounds and on hustle plays in the first half, not sticking to the rotation and getting the second team in as usual would be a sign of panic. Playing the guys who are playing well in the second half is good "winning time" strategy. If you are implying that the Italian player stepped under Howard intentionally because they were offended by something the US was doing you are out of your mind. Italy was completely focused on the game and wasn't thinking outside that, which is why they were doing so well. They had a small lapse in that focus in the third quarter and it basically cost them the game.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Well said.

Hey..I give props to Italy....they gave the US a tough fight. Unlike some of our international friends, I give the opponent respect no matter what. The USA was tested and they passed the test.

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I disagree. He was going with what he had done in every previous game and it had worked up to that point which is what you do as a coach. If something works, you stick with it.

I'll bet you won't see that with Spain and Argentina.

This game however, dictated a different strategy. Arrogance would have been not changing his previous strategy and thinking that "My way will work regardless" when obviously it wasn't.

and no, you don't KNOW what that was. You have an opinion on what you think it was but unless you are on the bench with the coaches, you cannot accurately KNOW what they are thinking.

The point is what the ITALIANS thought about it.
Which is exactly what I wrote.
They happened to actually play the -same- game.
As to how do I know, well I think I know a bit the italian mentality......
Whether K likes it or not, changing 5 guys is PERCEIVED as -let's put it politely- a "sign of mild consideration for the opponent".
Mike D'Antoni knows that perfectly well, as he's been over here for some time.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Which is exactly what I wrote.
They happened to actually play the -same- game.
As to how do I know, well I think I know a bit the italian mentality......
Whether K likes it or not, changing 5 guys is PERCEIVED as -let's put it politely- a "sign of mild consideration for the opponent".
Mike D'Antoni knows that perfectly well, as he's been over here for some time.
Changing 5 guys was the USA's rotation for the last ten games. Why would they suddenly change it, and why would professional basketball players on the other team or their coach give a shit? Like it or not, the USA has a second team that's on average better than anyone else's first team. It's a unique situation and I'm sure every opponent that the USA has understands that and prepares accordingly.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Which is exactly what I wrote

fair enough but my original statement stands. This is your opinion of what they were thinking, unless you were there, you cannot say this is fact.

You may not see the same strategy against Argentina and Spain. I am sure that they will be and have been scouting those games and K might decide to change things up.

My point is that you do what you have to do to win the game. If that means playing a different 5 each quarter, you do it, if it means playing certain guys more minutes, you do it. You do what you have to do to win the game period. Other teams have rested players against other teams and played certain players a certain amount of minutes against other teams...is that arrogant also?

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:16 AM
That's ridiculous. Since the US was getting beat to rebounds and on hustle plays in the first half, not sticking to the rotation and getting the second team in as usual would be a sign of panic.

There was no need to change ALL five starters whatsoever.

Playing the guys who are playing well in the second half is good "winning time" strategy.

If you are implying that the Italian player stepped under Howard intentionally
because they were offended by something the US was doing you are out of your mind.

Rocca, one of my favoured. By the way he is american born. No, but he did nothing to avoid it.
Offended is a big word. They just put an extra effort. And up they went by 9.

Italy was completely focused on the game and wasn't thinking outside that, which is why they were doing so well. They had a small lapse in that focus in the third quarter and it basically cost them the game.

I agree.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Krzyzewski has said that he wants to basically rotate players every five minutes to keep the energy up for the entire game. It would be a mistake to do it now, get the team accustomed to it and then just abandon it when they play somoene else and expect the team to suddenly adapt to something new. If Pop were the USA coach that would be likely, but probably less so with coach K.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:17 AM

I think their is when they are all playing like crap! :lol

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Krzyzewski has said that he wants to basically rotate players every five minutes to keep the energy up for the entire game. It would be a mistake to do it now, get the team accustomed to it and then just abandon it when they play somoene else and expect the team to suddenly adapt to something new. If Pop were the USA coach that would be likely, but probably less so with coach K.

Agreed...they need a set rotation. It will also help build continuity. Something that other teams have and the US still needs.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:21 AM

The US has done it every single game. There's no need for anyone to make a big deal about a coach sticking to his rotation. Why is Italy so special that they feel they deserve some kind of special treatment? They caught the US on a day that they lacked focus, were slow to the ball and missing free throws and still lost all their momentum and got beat by 9.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Agreed...they need a set rotation. It will also help build continuity. Something that other teams have and the US still needs.
The olympic team never had a rotation or even established a substitution pattern and it hurt them. That's one thing the US could try to control this time around.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
agreed.

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
fair enough but my original statement stands. This is your opinion of what they were thinking, unless you were there, you cannot say this is fact.

Yes my opinion.
- A FACT is that Italy played the best quarter since the 04 Olympics semifinal against Lithania (4th quarter).
- Another fact is that it was tied and went up by 9, against a great team.
-A prediction, an easy one, finally.
That will be the best quarter Italy will have played in this tournament.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:25 AM
- A FACT is that Italy played the best quarter since the 04 Olympics semifinal against Lithania (4th quarter).
- Another fact is that it was tied and went up by 9, against a great team.
-A prediction, an easy one, finally.
That will be the best quarter Italy will have played in this tournament.

all good facts.

gus
08-23-2006, 09:26 AM
USA wins, but this game exposed all the weaknesses in american team. Argentina looks like a team that matches the best with americans and will be the prime threat for USA, also greeks. Spain in my opinion doesn't match up good with USA.

Basketball is a game of match ups. Argentina doesn't match up well with Spain. Spain doesn't match up well with USA. If Argentina beats Spain I don't know...My final prediction for medals according actual positions and match ups in Round Robin:

1.- USA
2.- Spain
3.- Argentina.

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:28 AM

Adapt or die.

I like Pop.

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
all good facts.

Unfortunately, Porto Rico is unlikely to change all fives tomorrow.

picnroll
08-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Didn't see the game. How did Belinelli look?

temujin
08-23-2006, 09:35 AM
OK I have to go.
I will leave you with one last comment.

I would have brought Bowen.
I am not sure Wade can stop Manu, if he is serious about it.

And you still have to beat Manu, if USA wants to win.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Adapt or die.

I like Pop.
I agree, and I like Pop, too.

The US team stuck to the first half rotation, adjusted the lineups in the second half and it allowed them to win. "adapt"

The Spurs made a fundamental change to their lineup and never deviated from it even when it wasn't successful and they lost in seven games. "die"

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
OK I have to go.
I will leave you with one last comment.

I would have brought Bowen.
I am not sure Wade can stop Manu, if he is serious about it.

And you still have to beat Manu, if USA wants to win.
I'm going to have a hard time not rooting for Argentina. That's the downside of sending professional players. I don't know if I can root for Carmelo or Wade over Manu.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
I would have loved to see Bowen and Manu go at it. Bruce knows FIBA rules too.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 09:41 AM
That's the downside of sending professional players

True.

It used to be "us against them" now, its like a neighborhood hoops game where you have friends on all the teams.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2006, 09:44 AM
True.

It used to be "us against them" now, its like a neighborhood hoops game where you have friends on all the teams.
Exactly. I'd enjoy "us against them" a lot more if I didn't hate those representing "us" almost as much as I hate "them". In Argentina's case, I like one of "them" more than I like any of "us" and hate most of "them" less than I hate "us".

That post made sense while I was typing it.

Pero
08-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Didn't see the game. How did Belinelli look?

He looked pretty good to me. Scored 23 or so points. I think he`s going to have a nice future.

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Exactly. I'd enjoy "us against them" a lot more if I didn't hate those representing "us" almost as much as I hate "them". In Argentina's case, I like one of "them" more than I like any of "us" and hate most of "them" less than I hate "us".

That post made sense while I was typing it.

picnroll
08-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Argentina all the way, baby. Screw these pampered sneaker pimping brats.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Ginobili pimps sneakers. :)

picnroll
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
He's a high class pimp. :smokin

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, true. :)

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 11:53 AM
some modesty and respect to others once in a while wouldnt hurt teh gringos

nor would some respect toward our players hurt either.

:lol gringos :lol

Sway
08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
For the record I really enjoy what 99% of international members bring. The following is intended only for those international trolls who are constantly spouting that “USA sucks” BS.

Ok this USA hating is getting real old real fast. Its one thing to show pride for your national team, it’s another thing to come into an American site and trash our national team. You don’t see me going to a Slovenian (or whatever other country’s) basketball club site and dogging on their national team. This is no different than Dallas fans that come in here hating on the Spurs. Doing this just makes you a troll and as with all trolls you most respond accordingly.

So if you don’t like Team USA:

:stfu you fucking haters

If you don’t like US foreign policy:

:stfu this is a basketball site…take your shit to a political site

If you don’t like the US:

:stfu and stop trying to be American (i.e. wearing American clothe, watching American shows, following American sports teams, imitating American musicians)

Oh and for some of you dumb fucks who can’t keep your mouths shut:

some modesty and respect to others once in a while wouldnt hurt teh gringos

Do you even know what a "gringo" is? I don’t think there are too many "gringos" on that squad dumbass. And from everything I have seen the U.S. squad has carried itself admirably. They are working really hard not to come off as “ugly” Americans.

why arent players saluting today?

Maybe because they were losing jackass.

what brazil does and the mentality of brazil players is much diferent than of these guys

That’s so fucking hypocritical its almost funny. It’s ok for Brazilian players to celebrate because their “mentality” is different. How do I even respond to something that stupid??? I cant, I wont, you are just a dumbass!

WTF does Brazil’s foreign policy have to do with basketball??? Take that shit to a political site.

HAHAHAHA! This one is just funny. The poor officials and their FIBA rules. I am so sure the USA team members are such experts in FIBA rules that they know which ones to break. Could you possibly be more ignorant?

Huh??? Without Timmy the Spurs wouldn’t have won any of their titles and without Wade the Heat wouldn’t have won it all this year. So what’s your fucking point?

Pero
08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Another one who doesn`t read all the posts, or reads them poorly.....

cheguevara
08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Just finished watching the game. Good game!!!

Italians are fearless and too much selfish play from USA.

In my opinion that italian dude that shot all the threes kept team USA in the game in the 3rd quarter, until Melo bailed them out.

Stupid italian dude, wtf was he doing shotting from midcourt? he wasn't even close. He's the reason Italy lost the lead in the 3rd.

Where the fuck was Lebron, "the supposedly chosen one"? oh that's right, no NBA officials at the game.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 12:50 PM
So LeBron has no actual talent...just the NBA refs on his side.

cheguevara
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
of course he has talent duh, but imo he's way overhyped. Carmelo, Wade, etc are outplaying his ass bigtime

Pero
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Where the fuck was Lebron, "the supposedly chosen one"? oh that's right, no NBA officials at the game.

I don`t think it matters, since LeBron is in the company of Wade and Anthony. Why would he have to be the chosen one for everything. He is the chosen one for Cleveland.
His role in his NBA team is not the same in NT.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree he is overhyped, but he is also extremely talented. But yes, so far, DWade and Melo are having a better tournament.

Besides...individual accomplishments are irrelevant. All that matters is the team and the team is 4-0.

velik_m
08-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Do you even know what a "gringo" is? I don?t think there are too many "gringos" on that squad dumbass.

Gringo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gringo)
(feminine, gringa) is a term in the Spanish and Portuguese languages used to refer to

used to refer to native English speakers (from the United States in particular, but also from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and elsewhere as well). The American Heritage Dictionary classifies the term as offensive slang [1], though some who use it do not consider it pejorative.

In informal Spanish speech, "gringo" offers a convenient shorthand to refer to a person from the U.S., since the term "American" is used to refer to anyone from the entire American continent (North, Central and South), while the more specific term "estadounidense" ("United Statian") is cumbersome to pronounce.

"Gringo" is used to refer to any native English speaker (regardless of race), though it is most frequently used with respect to white westeners (in particular those from the United States).

so you're saying there are not too many native English speakers or US citizens on your team?

zeleni
08-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I don`t think it matters, since LeBron is in the company of Wade and Anthony. Why would he have to be the chosen one for everything. He is the chosen one for Cleveland.
His role in his NBA team is not the same in NT.

He is the most stabile guy on the team. Should be a leader in the final part when different zones would occur.

Pero
08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
He is the most stabile guy on the team. Should be a leader in the final part when different zones would occur.

Why? You think he should be forcing his game, when Carmelos shot was falling???

zeleni
08-23-2006, 01:50 PM
For the record I really enjoy what 99% of international members bring. The following is intended only for those international trolls who are constantly spouting that “USA sucks” BS.

Ok this USA hating is getting real old real fast. Its one thing to show pride for your national team, it’s another thing to come into an American site and trash our national team. You don’t see me going to a Slovenian (or whatever other country’s) basketball club site and dogging on their national team. This is no different than Dallas fans that come in here hating on the Spurs. Doing this just makes you a troll and as with all trolls you most respond accordingly.

So if you don’t like Team USA:

:stfu you fucking haters

If you don’t like US foreign policy:

:stfu this is a basketball site…take your shit to a political site

If you don’t like the US:

:stfu and stop trying to be American (i.e. wearing American clothe, watching American shows, following American sports teams, imitating American musicians)

Oh and for some of you dumb fucks who can’t keep your mouths shut:

Do you even know what a "gringo" is? I don’t think there are too many "gringos" on that squad dumbass. And from everything I have seen the U.S. squad has carried itself admirably. They are working really hard not to come off as “ugly” Americans.

Maybe because they were losing jackass.

That’s so fucking hypocritical its almost funny. It’s ok for Brazilian players to celebrate because their “mentality” is different. How do I even respond to something that stupid??? I cant, I wont, you are just a dumbass!

WTF does Brazil’s foreign policy have to do with basketball??? Take that shit to a political site.

HAHAHAHA! This one is just funny. The poor officials and their FIBA rules. I am so sure the USA team members are such experts in FIBA rules that they know which ones to break. Could you possibly be more ignorant?

Huh??? Without Timmy the Spurs wouldn’t have won any of their titles and without Wade the Heat wouldn’t have won it all this year. So what’s your fucking point?

I would like to risk a debate on all of this.

1. Am I a troll? Like the site, especially the foreigners from Argentina and France.

2. There is hardly any political debate on San Antonio Spurs. Only in Political Forum. Unless you mean about the saluting. That really wasn't offensive, it more of thumbs-up in GITSMO. But its sports and all of them are quite young.

3.Why can't I sing Karaoke? My Elvis is great.

4.USA players were not ugly monsters and no one said they are cunning lawyers tricking an FIBA judge. We are saying USA is creating a huge buzz which can be pretty intimidating for a referee, when he doesn't know what are the standards. As you might see, the defense can be pretty physical, but travelling and stepping out of bounds...that is unthinkable. USA were given a lot of gifts in a game against Slovenia and we were sort of expecting it. This game was just for the soul. For most of them this is the biggest event in their lifes and playing was enough.

Trolls pay respect to a "Sway" who posted 90 posts. I hope I didn't make you mad? Does your head hurts? :lol just kidding

sendman

I hear you. Go paint your face red!

Kibic
The point is (you must have figured out), Melo will not have that kind of % in all of the games. So.... You know.

tlongII
08-23-2006, 02:00 PM
A post for all of the LeBron haters...

He is averaging 13.25 points, 1.5 assists, 4.25 rebounds, and 2.25 steals per game. He is the best player on the team. There are other players that may have more points, or more rebounds, or more assists, but nobody does it all like LeBron.

zeleni
08-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Why? You think he should be forcing his game, when Carmelos shot was falling???

Sorry. Bad English. I am saying he will be the rightful leader just about the qtrfinals and semis when all the teams will try the zone. Now he is the most stabile guy and that is enough.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Heat and Cavs fans are still hating on Melo :lol One quote was "Without Carmelo someone else takes those shots and hopefully makes them." :drunk

most of the Lebron and Wade jockriders must be 12 year old kids who have manlove for them or something :lol

Kamnik
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
i dont like the american team because i dont like many of the core players like lebron, wade and melo (overhyped etc)

NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE AMERICANS-i dont hate americans

i like players like gino, timmy, steve nash, bowen, marion etc

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Heat and Cavs fans are still hating on Melo :lol One quote was "Without Carmelo someone else takes those shots and hopefully makes them." :drunk

most of the Lebron and Wade jockriders must be 12 year old kids who have manlove for them or something :lol
In lamence terms: In World Championships
Carmelo>Lebron
Carmelo>Wade
:smokin

Sway
08-23-2006, 06:15 PM
so you're saying there are not too many native English speakers or US citizens on your team?

To avoid a debate on the meaning I will just use your own definition:

"Gringo" is used to refer to any native English speaker (regardless of race), though it is most frequently used with respect to white westeners (in particular those from the United States).

I would like to risk a debate on all of this.

1. Am I a troll? Like the site, especially the foreigners from Argentina and France.

2. There is hardly any political debate on San Antonio Spurs. Only in Political Forum. Unless you mean about the saluting. That really wasn't offensive, it more of thumbs-up in GITSMO. But its sports and all of them are quite young.

3.Why can't I sing Karaoke? My Elvis is great.

4.USA players were not ugly monsters and no one said they are cunning lawyers tricking an FIBA judge. We are saying USA is creating a huge buzz which can be pretty intimidating for a referee, when he doesn't know what are the standards. As you might see, the defense can be pretty physical, but travelling and stepping out of bounds...that is unthinkable. USA were given a lot of gifts in a game against Slovenia and we were sort of expecting it. This game was just for the soul. For most of them this is the biggest event in their lifes and playing was enough.

Trolls pay respect to a "Sway" who posted 90 posts. I hope I didn't make you mad? Does your head hurts? just kidding

1. If you are talking smack about Team USA for no other reason than your underlying anti-U.S. sentiment then yes you are a troll. But, if your team is playing Team USA and you are talking smack, then no you are just a fan showing loyalty to his national team. Get the difference. I actually admire the loyalty foreigners’ show for their national teams. I wish more Americans would do the same.

2. Huh??? Not really sure what you are talking about here. Did you mean thumbs-up in GITMO? The thumbs up I think you are referring to did not happen at GITMO, Cuba it occurred at Abu Ghraib, Iraq. Again you are talking about a political (or criminal) issue that has nothing to do with Team USA.

3. You can sign Karaoke all you want. You should even try out for American Idol.

4. So if the referees don’t know the standards and they are not calling traveling/stepping out of bounds how is this Team USA’s fault? Don’t pull out the old “you only won because of gifts or because of the refs”.

So what does my post count, making me mad, or head hurting have to do with trolling? Try to stay on message kid.

The point is (you must have figured out), Melo will not have that kind of % in all of the games. So.... You know.

You are right Melo won’t bring it every game, but when he doesn’t I think Wade or Lebron will.

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 06:18 PM
i dont like the american team because i dont like many of the core players like lebron, wade and melo

I can see LeBron and even Melo...but I would have to disagree about DWade...if anything he came into the league underhyped.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I really hope the rest of the world hopes we lose. Seriously. I like it. :)

LaMarcus Bryant
08-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Carmelo is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah