PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is shit now

Marklar MM
08-23-2006, 03:39 PM
So I was watching ESPN2 the other day...Dominos. Fucking dominos. Not a fucking spelling bee. Not fucking pub darts. FUCKING dominos. WTF are they thinking...dominos. I would rather watch paint dry then watch dominos. At least show Boston/New York 24/7 like you usually do. But dominos. SHIET.

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Dominos can be very exciting, especially when whiskey and guns are involved.

Mixability
08-23-2006, 03:42 PM
ESPN = MTV

You have to tune in to the sequel channels to get any good shit: MTV2 or ESPN2

:pctoss

Marklar MM
08-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Dominos can be very exciting, especially when whiskey and guns are involved.

Just show damn Russian Roulette.

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Just show damn Russian Roulette.

http://www.ecranlarge.com/images/dvd/tests/hunter-450-8.jpg
you wanna play?

ShoogarBear
08-23-2006, 04:02 PM
If you're going to show poker, it's hard to justify keeping dominoes out.

FromWayDowntown
08-23-2006, 04:07 PM
It is (or was) the Entertainment & Sports Programming Network. I'm not sure how entertaining it is to watch 4 guys sit around a table playing dominoes, but there must be someone who finds it entertaining. It is entertaining to me to listen to the commentators hyping up those events though -- the parody of that is one of the things that makes the whole "The Ocho" notion in Dodgeball so freakin' funny to me.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the "Detriot" misspelling in the graphic in Marklar's signature is just begging for still more blasts about rioting in DET?

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey....FSN has the International RPS Championships.

That's Rock, Paper, Scissors.

ESPN will buy out that next! :)

sa_butta
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
By the way, am I the only one who thinks the "Detriot" misspelling in the graphic in Marklar's signature is just begging for still more blasts about rioting in DET?Honestly I didnt even notice it. :lol

sa_butta
08-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey....FSN has the International RPS Championships.

That's Rock, Paper, Scissors.

ESPN will buy out that next! :)I dont think they show this crap during primetime, Im sure it is just to fill gaps.
There are tons of better shows they could put on, but when the shin-kicking championships are going on it is hard to compete.

08-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I quit watching ESPN in earnest when they started showing "Magic: The Gathering" and had some geek tool trying to explain the nuances of using a 7th level mage with 24 hit points against a 24th level succubus with only 8 hit points.

ShoogarBear
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Whatever happened to Australian Rules Football? ESPN used to show that back in the 80s and it was the absoute shit. It was the first sport from another country that I really started following seriously, like learning the teams and player names.

ESPN = jackasses

samikeyp
08-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Whatever happened to Australian Rules Football? ESPN used to show that back in the 80s and it was the absoute shit. It was the first sport from another country that I really started following seriously, like learning the teams and player names.

I remember that..it was awesome! :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-23-2006, 04:32 PM
The actual game of dominoes is boring to watch. But I've overheard some of the shit talking that goes on during serious games and it's some entertaining stuff. I think you guys would rethink it's entertainment value if the players were constantly spouting off poetic lines like, "Muthafucka if you sitting on that double five I'll blow yo fuckin' head off."

FromWayDowntown
08-23-2006, 04:51 PM

ESPN = jackasses

The good old days of trying to decipher the accents and learn the rules while unwittingly watching a compelling match between clubs in places I'd never heard of before, like Footscray and Geelong.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, ESPN pretty much sucks now. It's always airing re-runs of the same old shit.

tlongII
08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Domino's delivers.

midgetonadonkey
08-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Soon Chappelle's vision will be reality and they will be showing the World Series of Dice.

Bob Lanier
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Dominos represents a marked step up from poker and baseball.

But yes, ESPN is (and always has been) shit.

DirkAB
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Soon Chappelle's vision will be reality and they will be showing the World Series of Dice.

You are probably right, Fox already stole his Trading Spouses idea.

CharlieMac
08-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I'd rather watch the Spelling Bee than another minute of Red-Sox/Yankee coverage.