PDA

View Full Version : Should San Antonio and the surrounding area have just one water provider?

PM5K
08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=840FF8CE-F9BA-416E-80CD-E8CEFC1877D1

08-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I live in Stone Oak and I wouldn't trust Bexar Met to pour piss out of a boot. I hear all this crap about how the previous administration left such a mess and so on and so forth, but from the current board I see jack shit in terms of upgrading the infrastructure for the area.

PM5K
08-24-2006, 01:48 PM
There is a poll on WOAI about this and I can't understand why anyone would vote no...

We have Bexar Met as well, all I can say is that they currently truck in water for us (tanker truck) and before that boil water notices weren't uncommon...

I wouldn't trust them to even know what piss or a boot is...

2Blonde
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I am so friggin mad about my lawn I can't even see straight. I have to put my house up for sale in about 5 months and that's not going to be easy to do with a dead lawn. Bexar Met can KMA. :flipoff

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
currently certain states in australia have water restrictions atm, and damn it 2 months away from summer, dunno how teh country is goin to cope with it.....hence a few country suburbs are drinkin recycle water as guinea pigs, and they just found out, so no more recycle water for consumption usage but commercial usage.

most of the bottle water in stores are either imported from asia :(, there was talk about pullin an ice berg into my state :D,

Kevin Trudeau
08-24-2006, 06:33 PM
DON"T DRINK TAP WATER!

More than one water provider or not, All tap water is poisonous. Virtually all tap water is loaded with contaminants, toxins, poisons, and known cancer causing agents including deadly fluoride and chlorine. Drinking tap water causes illness and disease.

Chlorine scars your arteries and, along with hydrogenated oil and homogenized dairy products, causes heart disease. Most tap water also has fluoride, which is one of the most poisonous and disease causing agents you can put in your body. Do not drink or use tap water for any reason except for washing your floor.

You must drink water. However, the water must be pure. Water is instrumental not only in flushing and nourishing the body, but also in keeping it hydrated and pH balanced. I recommend a specific water purifier and specific bottled waters and drinking at least eight full glasses of water a day.

And BUY A SHOWER FILTER!

You absorb more toxins by taking one shower than by drinking eight glasses of water. Your skin absorbs the water from your shower or bath. A hot shower produces steam and that turns many of the chemicals in the water into poisonous gases. These gases are inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
It's like having your own personal gas chamber. A good shower filter removes most of the toxins in the water.

Use one and you'll never have a bad hair day again.

Of course these are things They don't want you to know about, and I'm blowing the whistle!

braeden0613
08-24-2006, 06:43 PM
I am so friggin mad about my lawn I can't even see straight. I have to put my house up for sale in about 5 months and that's not going to be easy to do with a dead lawn. Bexar Met can KMA. :flipoff
just water it...they are only giving warnings out now if you get caught anyways

Das Texan
08-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Bexar Met sucks.

Morale of the story

a) dont have landscape that needs lots of water
b) dont live in an area that uses Bexar Met

2Blonde
08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Bexar Met sucks.

Morale of the story

a) dont have landscape that needs lots of water
b) dont live in an area that uses Bexar Met
a) it takes money to convert to xeriscaping when you already live in a house that has long established landscaping. Anyway, the house we are building out in Comal County is going to be xeriscaped.
b) I don't plan on it if my house sells next year.:spin

spurschick
08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
BexarMet no-watering restrictions lifted today and my hose-sprinkler has been going since 8pm. I recently had waterwise landscaping put in, but almost all of it died in the past week from no watering. Talk about money down the drain...

2Blonde
08-24-2006, 09:21 PM
BexarMet no-watering restrictions lifted today and my hose-sprinkler has been going since 8pm. I recently had waterwise landscaping put in, but almost all of it died in the past week from no watering. Talk about money down the drain...Today is my day also. Mine is running right now, trying to keep a half dead lawn alive.:depressed

spurschick
08-24-2006, 09:36 PM
I noticed the other night that my neighbor has been running his sprinklers during the ban. Since he's such a severe asshole, I have been very tempted to report him. I'm trying to take the high road in the hopes that karma will take care of him.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I noticed the other night that my neighbor has been running his sprinklers during the ban. Since he's such a severe asshole, I have been very tempted to report him. I'm trying to take the high road in the hopes that karma will take care of him.

Is this the neighbor who's house you showed me?

Methinks you should kick karma in the ass and report him...his lawn was pretty green for water restrictions.

spurschick
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Is this the neighbor who's house you showed me?

Methinks you should kick karma in the ass and report him...his lawn was pretty green for water restrictions.

We'll see. Like I said, I think that what goes around, comes around and he is definitely due.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-24-2006, 09:43 PM
We'll see. Like I said, I think that what goes around, comes around and he is definitely due.

You're too nice.

Mark in Austin
08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
adding a good layer of compost to the yard will green it up and help retain moisture - not only during water restrictions but the rest of the year as well, which means you can save money by watering less even when there are no restrictions in place.