PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I don't even know what to say...

Yonivore
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I Hope And Pray We Don't Get Hit Again-BUT... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russell-shaw/i-hope-and-pray-we-dont-_b_28011.html)

Seriously, I'm speechless. This is beyond reprehensible. Okay, I not only question this idiots patriotism, I question his humanity as well.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I Hope And Pray We Don't Get Hit Again-BUT... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russell-shaw/i-hope-and-pray-we-dont-_b_28011.html)

Seriously, I'm speechless. This is beyond reprehensible. Okay, I not only question this idiots patriotism, I question his humanity as well.
You shouldn't be surprised. Most of the Bush-haters are praying for an attack so they can blame in on Bush. There are guys in this forum posting in defense of Amin al-Husseini and comparing Bush to Hitler. Having any doubt that these mouth-breathing liberal parrots are willing to sacrifice a few thousand or more American lives in order for their team to gain political power would be a serious mistake.

boutons_
08-25-2006, 10:55 PM
The Repugs were ready and continue ot waste 1000s of American lives in their phony Iraq war to get dubya re-elected, but their patriotism is unquestioned.

The Repugs fucked up DHS/FEMA and botched New Orleans, but the Repugs run as the protector of America.

The Repugs do nothing about border security for 5 years, then blame it on the treasonous Dems.

Phenomanul
08-25-2006, 11:09 PM
You shouldn't be surprised. Most of the Bush-haters are praying for an attack so they can blame in on Bush. There are guys in this forum posting in defense of Amin al-Husseini and comparing Bush to Hitler. Having any doubt that these mouth-breathing liberal parrots are willing to sacrifice a few thousand or more American lives in order for their team to gain political power would be a serious mistake.

Out of clarification, it was I that posted the Bush -/- Hitler article...

It was more than just political allegations... it was based on 'cultist' claims... I guess would be the best way to put it.

I posted it to get some comments, but even then the political forum residents didn't really address the substance of the article itself. It was an empty well for them.

Nbadan
08-26-2006, 12:54 AM
I think this comment on the Huffington blog from the original article says it all...

Mr. Shaw, this is not Spain. And to think that the American public would react as the Spanish public did after the attacks on Madrid, is to be stuck in as grimly narrow a mind-set as our Republican brethren are stuck in theirs. The citizenry of the U.S.A. is not the most well-informed or internationally-minded electorate in the Western hemisphere, you understand.

The Republicans in power, like it or not, have the upper-hand still in terms of fear-mongering and bloviated, war-crying jingoism. They're well aware of the apathetic level of ignorance that abounds, and they're black-belt masters at exploiting it.

The opposite to what you contend would take place, therefore. It would be a boon to their draconian agenda; they'd consolidate their hold on power with such tactics as "this is why the war is necessary," and the wavering sheep will all scurry back under the big flag Rove and co. will drape themselves with.

Jesus, but on September 11th, while I watched with disbelief what was happening before my very eyes on the roof-top of my apartment on Lower Manhattan, I was nonplussed by my next-door neighbor's comment when this otherwise liberal guy says "thank God we've got a Republican in the White House. Someone needs to pay for this."

There's still, today, despite all the evidence to the contrary, a genetically built-in knee-jerk reaction that belies reality; Republican's are strong on Defense. This is, of course, bullshit. But ghouls such as Rove and co. don't just feed off dead soldiers, they feed off victims of terrorist attacks, lathered with the sauce of ignorance.

No, Mr. Shaw, another terrorist attack would only help the cabal that's currently running the show. I wouldn't be surprised if they let another one happen.

sabar
08-26-2006, 03:45 AM
He tries to make a utilitarianism stance on the moral issue at hand but just ends up showing why that can never work. Plus the political spin on the whole thing.