PDA

View Full Version : Is Pepe Sanchez under contract???

Phenomanul
08-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Is he better than Beno or is Beno better than Pepe?

Are they both better than Vaughn?

A side comment: I saw Javtokas play today.... he is better than Elson... hopefully Pop and Co. see something in Elson I haven't.

SuperManu!!!
08-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Pepe can't score much, that's why he didn't survived the nba

Nikos
08-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Pepe has nice handles, vision, and is an active defender with his hands. But he can't score. If he could he would have a spot in the league.

Phenomanul
08-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Pepe has nice handles, vision, and is an active defender with his hands. But he can't score. If he could he would have a spot in the league.

He makes good decisions with the ball and has been almost perfect from the FIBA 3pt line in this tourney....

Nikos
08-25-2006, 10:55 PM
He makes good decisions with the ball and has been almost perfect from the FIBA 3pt line in this tourney....

I liked him at Temple. Mostly because he was a good defender and passer. But even in college he wasn't really a gifted scorer. He had chances to stick in the league, I think it all has to do with his lack of scoring ability. The rest of his game is pretty solid.

Phenomanul
08-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I liked him at Temple. Mostly because he was a good defender and passer. But even in college he wasn't really a gifted scorer. He had chances to stick in the league, I think it all has to do with his lack of scoring ability. The rest of his game is pretty solid.

Could come in handy against a full court press... And the dude seems to make clutch steals as well... a'la Manu.

ABDENOUR POWER
08-26-2006, 12:06 AM
And the dude seems to make clutch steals as well... a'la Manu.

Can he flop like Manu, too?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :spin

Kori Ellis
08-26-2006, 12:15 AM

Of course, all the Argentines do!

:spin

cheguevara
08-26-2006, 12:16 AM

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :spin

you better hope Nazr can flop as good as Ben.... yeah right.

diego
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
pepe has worked on his shot, its a lot better than it used to be. still not good enough for the NBA, less so for the spurs

ALVAREZ6
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Could come in handy against a full court press... And the dude seems to make clutch steals as well... a'la Manu.
Pepe Sanchez

2nd All-Time in NCAA Career Steals

Phenomanul
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
After watching the Argentina - Turkey game -- I would take Pepe's supposed scoring liability for his sick passing skills and his defensive intuition. The guy can run an offense; plain and simple.

Maybe he has worked on his three ball since he last played in the league. He is the most accurate 3 pt shooter in the tourney so far.

Parker > Beno = Sanchez = Vaughn

Having 4 point guards would be a problem though...

BeerIsGood!
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Vaughn can't shoot and has very limited scoring ability. He has good hands and is capable of running an offense efficiently. Sort of similar to Pepe, but I would like to see both perform under the NBA lights in a Spurs uni before I said one was a better fit than the other.

Phenomanul
08-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I guess Spurs management is afraid of being labeled Team Argentina. :lol :lol :lol

Plus Ginobili already occupies the slot for "someone with a bald spot"

Phenomanul
08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Vaughn can't shoot and has very limited scoring ability. He has good hands and is capable of running an offense efficiently. Sort of similar to Pepe, but I would like to see both perform under the NBA lights in a Spurs uni before I said one was a better fit than the other.

At this point I had them at equals as well...

Phenomanul
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Imagine a lineup of:

Pepe Sanchez
Manu Ginobili
Luis Scola
Tim Duncan
Fabricio Oberto

We'd be able to run sets from the Argentinean National team.... Crisp ball movement... Luis Scola at the three here would be the only inconvenience (as far as using his skills goes).

Of course if you replaced him with Finley.... hmmmmm...

Oberto Runs the pick'n'roll to perfection with Sanchez manning the point.

Martin R
08-30-2006, 03:43 PM
i would DREAM about an NBA team with such a line up...........it's still a dream though.
I think MANU-SCOLA-OBERTO playing together is not too far from coming true. I am one of those who thinks Scola will end up in a SpURS uniform.

The thing is : they will NEVER play as ARG NT having Parker as the point guard.

M

cheguevara
08-30-2006, 04:05 PM
The thing is : they will NEVER play as ARG NT having Parker as the point guard.

cause Parker is a ballhog or because he takes daily showers?

Martin R
08-30-2006, 06:10 PM
because Parker has, in NO way, the passing skills / court vision Sanchez has, he thinks first in his scoring.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
The more important question is: Is Pepe Sanchez Manu's long lost brother?

ALVAREZ6
09-01-2006, 09:10 AM
They are both lefties....you never know.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
They are both lefties....you never know.
I hadn't thought about that, but I was surprised at how much they look alike. They have the same mannerisms and facial expressions as well.

beirmeistr
09-01-2006, 09:18 AM
There is a good resemblance. During the last Olympics, I kept following Sanchez' moves because I thought he was Ginobili. And he may also be developing a bald spot like Gino.
But you know what, I like the way Pepe Sanchez plays the point guard position. He is a distributor first, a shooter second. And he plays good defense and passes beautifully.

Man In Black
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Pepe seems more like a Distributor first and a shooter 5th option. Even when he has an open look, he passes.

Nikos
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Pepe seems more like a Distributor first and a shooter 5th option. Even when he has an open look, he passes.

He was hitting BIG threes today though.

Phenomanul
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
He was hitting BIG threes today though.

Still will end up with the highest 3pt fg% in the tournament.

xamila rey
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Pepe just renew his contract with Unicaja

hendrix
09-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I told you all long time ago. Well.. not so long.
His style is not NBA-appealing, but their loss i guess.

Phenomanul
09-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Too bad we signed Vaughn before the World's....