08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Dirk is better

dirk4mvp
08-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Dirk is better

No shit.

NBA Junkie
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Like Dirk is really going to win this poll on a board dominated by Spurs fans :lol

I voted Duncan anyway. No explanations needed.

Obstructed_View
08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Dumbest thread ever.

NorCal510
08-26-2006, 12:19 AM
I'd hate to do it but I'd take Dirk over Duncan at this time.

Amarelooms
08-26-2006, 12:20 AM
at their prime no contest duncan. If we're talking about now for the future I take Dirk.

cheguevara
08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
:lol Dirk 0 rings. Duncan 3 rings. :lmao

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 12:31 AM

Same ole' shit from Spurs fans.

Amarelooms

No shit sherlock...when things are over Duncan will have had the better career...that being said he is on the decline while Dirk is still improving. Pretty sure most GMs take the big German now if they are building a team.

dirk4mvp
Like Dirk is really going to win this poll on a board dominated by Spurs fans :lol

I voted Duncan anyway. No explanations needed.
Actually, an explanation is needed.

cheguevara
08-26-2006, 12:33 AM
No shit sherlock...when things are over Duncan will have had the better career...that being said he is on the decline while Dirk is still improving. Pretty sure most GMs take the big German now if they are building a team.

no shit. When things are said and done. Duncan wll have 3+ rings. Dirk "Hasselhoff lover" Nowitzki will still have 0.

Amarelooms
08-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Ummm 3+ yeah ok...good luck with that...you mean 3.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 12:35 AM
"Hasselhoff lover"

Oooooh, that was cold. :rolleyes

Winnipeg_Spur
08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Timmy, no question. Duncan can dominate on both sides of the ball and while Dirk has improved defensively he's still nowhere near 21 on D.

NBA Junkie
08-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Actually, an explanation is needed.

You wanted it, you got it.

Finals MVP: Duncan 3, Dirk 0.
League MVP: Duncan 2, Dirk 0.
All-NBA first team: Duncan 8, Dirk 2.
HTH Playoff match-ups: Duncan 2, Dirk 1.

About the only area that Dirk is even with Duncan is career PPG where both have about 22.0. Duncan has averaged double figure rebounds each season he's been in the league. Dirk has never done so. Duncan has also averaged more assists per season than Dirk. Last season was the 1st time Duncan averaged less than 20 PPG, but averaged over 30 in their playoff series with the Mavs, which leads me to believe he's not declining as much as the media leads us to believe.

That age argument is shit anyway. True, Dirk is 28, but Duncan is only 30, so he figures to have at least 5-6 more years to sustain his certain superiority over Dirk, barring injury.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 01:53 AM
but averaged over 30 in their playoff series with the Mavs, which leads me to believe he's not declining as much as the media leads us to believe.

No. He got away with elbowing Diop in the nose every 5 seconds and pulling jerseys.

NBA Junkie
08-26-2006, 01:55 AM
No. He got away with elbowing Diop in the nose every 5 seconds and pulling jerseys.

And, Dirk had the officials in his hip pocket for most of the series. What's your point?

Obstructed_View
08-26-2006, 02:23 AM
I'd hate to do it but I'd take Dirk over Duncan at this time.
That's the first post I've ever seen from you in English.

Obstructed_View
08-26-2006, 02:23 AM
Same ole' shit from Mavericks fans.

BUMP
08-26-2006, 07:24 AM

hell yeah. that series was rigged. i hope im not the only one that realizes that the league gave away the Mavericks 20+ pt. lead in game 7. they would wait for Duncan to miss then call the foul. then Stackhouse drives in gets hammered, every player stops cause they knows its a foul, maybe a flagrant, but ref wont call anything.

what resiliency and poise by Dallas.

themvp
08-26-2006, 08:36 AM
We need poll for this? :lol

Duncan absolutely!

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Same ole' shit from Mavericks fans.

Wow. Something different from Spur's fans besides "Typical Mav's fans bullshit" :elephant

NorCal510
08-26-2006, 07:23 PM
dirk shutup u pussy quit crying over your boyfriend

Leetonidas
08-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I'd take Duncan at this time over any big man in the league except Dwight Howard right now.

mavs>spurs2
08-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd take Duncan at this time over any big man in the league except Dwight Howard right now.

Dwight still has a LONG way to go, but in terms of potential, you may be right.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 08:11 PM
dirk shutup u pussy quit crying over your boyfriend

:huh

Go suck a black guy's schlong since you want to be one so bad.

mavs>spurs2
08-26-2006, 08:12 PM

Wow. I thought we were all adults here.

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow. I thought we were all adults here.

I didn't notice.

And apparently you haven't read Pacemonster's post about worst fans. Mine is rated G compared to his.

NorCal510
08-26-2006, 08:19 PM

you hurt my feelings buddy

dirk4mvp
08-26-2006, 08:27 PM
you hurt my feelings buddy

Just like you hurt mine........ :depressed

Sense
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Retarded thread.... and the reason you guys have no forum..

mabber
08-28-2006, 12:31 PM

Damn, I lost a bet. I bet the under 3 posts before a Spur's fan brought up # of rings. It took 5-6 posts. Maybe Cheguevara has a slow computer?

I voted for Duncan. I'd have voted for Duncan even if he didn't have 3 rings.

jacobdrj
08-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Dirk isn't even in the same conversation as Duncan. 2 reasons:
a) Duncan is all around awesome, while Dirk only plays 1 side of the court
b) Duncan has also won, repetedly, Dirk has only been to the Finals once, so far.

Both are compairable in that they have both had good to great supporting casts. Now there is another point of compairison, in that now both players have compitent coaches.

cheguevara
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
all this thread has done for me is inform me there are 12 mav fans regularly on this forum. and all 12 are delusional

mabber
08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
all this thread has done for me is inform me there are 12 mav fans regularly on this forum. and all 12 are delusional

I voted for Duncan, does that make me delusional?

cheguevara
08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I voted for Duncan, does that make me delusional?

and all 12 are delusional

ALVAREZ6
08-29-2006, 04:32 PM
:lol

samikeyp
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
I would take Dirk's 2005-06 season but IMO, Duncan is still the better player overall. Dirk is still a stud and IMO, should have been higher in the MVP vote than he was.

mavs>spurs2
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM

So i'm delsusional according to one of the dumbest posters on spurstalk.....Wow. I even admit Duncan is better, but apparently it's a no win situation. Am I any less delusional than if I would have said Dirk?

mavsfan1000
08-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Dirk is better now. Duncan is getting old.

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Duncan could be 80 years old, be blind in one eye, and have two artificial hips, and he'd still be a better defender than Dirk is right now.

Defense is half the game and Duncan absolutely owns the comparison on that end of the floor. Given that Duncan, even in the decline that Mavs fan presumes him to be in (cough,cough 32-12-4-1-2.5 cough,cough), is at worst an offensive player with numbers comparable to Dirk's, the defensive advantage (to say nothing of his leadership ability and the ultimate ability to make his teammates better on both ends) tells me that Duncan is the better player. Still.

ALVAREZ6
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Tim Duncan's playoff numbers were way more impressive that the drunken goat's.

mavsfan1000
08-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Duncan could be 80 years old, be blind in one eye, and have two artificial hips, and he'd still be a better defender than Dirk is right now.

Defense is half the game and Duncan absolutely owns the comparison on that end of the floor. Given that Duncan, even in the decline that Mavs fan presumes him to be in (cough,cough 32-12-4-1-2.5 cough,cough), is at worst an offensive player with numbers comparable to Dirk's, the defensive advantage (to say nothing of his leadership ability and the ultimate ability to make his teammates better on both ends) tells me that Duncan is the better player. Still.
The way Harris was having his way through the spurs interior defense shows that Duncan isn't as good defensively as been advertised on this board.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
The way Harris was having his way through the spurs interior defense shows that Duncan isn't as good defensively as been advertised on this board.Yeah, we negleted to bruise his thighs so he could barely walk.

Our bad.

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2006, 07:18 PM
#21 for sure

dirk4mvp
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
You people act like Dirk hasn't improved on D any :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
I would take Dirk's 2005-06 season but IMO, Duncan is still the better player overall. Dirk is still a stud and IMO, should have been higher in the MVP vote than he was.

One of the very few unbiased posts ever here.

:tu

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Dirk was better in 05/06 season, but in carrer Duncan.

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2006, 08:32 PM
You people act like Dirk hasn't improved on D any :rolleyes

No -- you read too much into the post. I didn't say that Dirk hasn't improved on D. I did say that Duncan is light years better on defense. Now, I still think Dirk is a poor defender -- one who plays defense more with his arms than by moving his feet. I think Dirk rolls up some numbers that make him appear to be a better defender than he is; I think that is largely because Dirk is long and will roll up the sorts of numbers that long players tend to accumulate. He's certainly a much better rebounder now than he's ever been, and that is certainly a significant improvement in his defensive game. But, Dirk will never be the all-around defender that Duncan is and that, I think, makes Duncan the better player.

Brad Sham
08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
No -- you read too much into the post. I didn't say that Dirk hasn't improved on D. I did say that Duncan is light years better on defense. Now, I still think Dirk is a poor defender -- one who plays defense more with his arms than by moving his feet. I think Dirk rolls up some numbers that make him appear to be a better defender than he is; I think that is largely because Dirk is long and will roll up the sorts of numbers that long players tend to accumulate. He's certainly a much better rebounder now than he's ever been, and that is certainly a significant improvement in his defensive game. But, Dirk will never be the all-around defender that Duncan is and that, I think, makes Duncan the better player.

...........and there is another holding penaly on Rob Petiti. this rookie just cant learn to move his feet, but is just grabbing onto jerseys out there.

Parcells is livid

dirk4mvp
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
...........and there is another holding penaly on Rob Petiti. this rookie just cant learn to move his feet, but is just grabbing onto jerseys out there.

Parcells is livid

Duncan is playing right now? What channel?

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Dirk has been a good rebounder for a while, but his defense has improved. He now spends a little bit of time trying to block shots instead of hacking at dribblers.

JamStone
08-30-2006, 12:29 AM
I voted for Dirk based on last season. Obviously, if you look at career accomplishments, there is no comparison. Tim would be the easy choice.

But, I think that Dirk has improved enough on defense and is so good at the offensive end, that he has become a true superstar. I think he's a top 5 player in the league. And, he not only had a better regular season than Duncan, but his team beat Tim's team in the playoffs.

Also, people like to break things down and say Tim plays both sides of the ball and that gives him the edge. I don't just break down the game into offense and defense. Dirk also plays the transition game as well as any big man in the game. He will haul the rebound and run the point, pushing the ball, and may even go coast to coast. That is an area no other big man does as well as Dirk in. Now, guys like Duncan and Garnett are capable of doing it, but Dirk does it regularly. And, if Tim is still so great on defense, how come he doesn't defend Dirk that much when the teams match-up? Having Bowen or not, Duncan should be the one who tries to stop Dirk.

Duncan is still one of the best in the league. But, I think Dirk had a better year last season, and he beat Tim in the playoffs.

Right now, I take Dirk.