PDA

View Full Version : Heat Want Christie?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Ninja Turtles

In case you were wondering why Dwyane Wade has been coming off the bench for Team USA (and we’ve heard almost every kind of conspiracy theory out there), here’s your answer: “It’s something I wanted,” D-Wade told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “With me coming off the bench, it gives us another dimension. Still, playing an average of 20 minutes per game, D-Wade is leading Team USA with 21.3 points per game … The U.S. plays Australia next in the round of 16. Andrew Bogut will be a handful down low, and guard C.J. Bruton has been filling it up during the tourney. But we think Team USA has too much depth and defense to fall in this one … One of the Dime crew has been in Berlin, Germany this week for the adidas Superstar Camp, at which Tyreke Evans and some of America’s best high school ballplayers are playing next to some of Europe’s elite teens. Click here to read Day Three of the diary our guy has been keeping. In this installment, Oak Hill Academy guard Nolan Smith (a Duke recruit) asserts his dominance, and earlier in the day gets himself a keepsake involving Michael Jackson … Some of the Dime crew was at MSG last night for the finale of the AND 1 Mix Tape Tour. The game was crazy, including a halftime performance by E-40. Then we hit up the after-party at Mars 2112 in Manhattan, which was also jumpin’. Check back Monday when we post a full recap of the game and the party … Earlier in the day, one of our guys stopped by NYC’s Basketball City during the New York Knicks Basketball Camp for kids. Steve Nash and Nate Robinson were on hand, and our man reports that Steve and Nate were at one point making plans to play soccer together at Steve’s favorite field in Manhattan. Nate said he’d never played before, but wanted to learn. Steve was giving him detailed driving directions and everything, and said his soccer-playing buddies would love to see Nate Rob come out. Nate was wearing Jordan IVs and a green Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt ... Doug Christie’s agent says three NBA teams have expressed interest in his client. We’re assuming Doug would only want to play for a contender at this point, so which teams do you think could use him? Miami has been one rumored spot … Dajuan Wagner tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that at least five NBA teams are looking at him as he tries his own comeback. “I don’t want to just get back,” Juanny said. “I want to get back and do good.” … Ann Iverson – aka Allen Iverson’s mom – will reportedly be a majority owner of a new ABA team stationed in Richmond, Va. … Remember ex-Kansas standout Keith Langford? He’s playing pro ball in Italy … The WNBA conference finals are underway. The Sacramento Monarchs are up 1-0 on the L.A. Sparks, and the Detroit Shock are up 1-0 on the Connecticut Sun. In Game One of the Detroit/Conn. series, Cheryl Ford pulled down 23 boards. Cheryl is Karl Malone’s daughter … We’re out like starting Wade …
-DimeSmack

mavsfan1000
08-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I can't believe teams still want him. Anyone watch him last year? He is horrible now.

PAWW
08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Kings reunion in Miami as well as NO?

freedom&justice
08-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. If this rumor's true, he'll probably go sign with the heat and ride Shaq and Wade's coattails, just like the rest of 'em.

BUMP
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
that Jew doesnt belong in the league

Rip-Hamilton32
08-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. If this rumor's true, he'll probably go sign with the heat and ride Shaq and Wade's coattails, just like the rest of 'em.

i think you just mean wade.

E20
08-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm suprised nobody has talked about his wife yet.

Sacramental
08-27-2006, 02:50 AM
i guess he can still be a solid defender off the bench....if he is anywhere near to the christie in SAC, that'd be great but i don't see it happenin.