PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys suck!

Jimcs50
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Any rebuttals?

Once again, Dallas has shown that they can only beat the Redskins and not anyone else. Washington has a better record than Dallas the last 4 yrs if you exclude the Dallas- Washington game. Dallas has a 2-4 record...that is HORRIBLE.

jcrod
10-25-2004, 10:12 AM
They do suck. Defense is HORRIBLE.

But the Redskins are worse. LOL

And i remember Dallas going 10-6 last yr, so no, they can beat other teams.

Jimcs50
10-25-2004, 10:30 AM
They do suck. Defense is HORRIBLE.

But the Redskins are worse. LOL

And i remember Dallas going 10-6 last yr, so no, they can beat other teams.

I beg to differ, last year they played Washington 10 times because of a fluke in the scheduling.

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Jim....I gotta agree with you on this topic. I take no pleasure in it though. sigh :rolleyes

Carnie
10-25-2004, 12:28 PM
You suck as a fan. One day the cowboys are on fire? next week they suck.
You told BigZax his skins sucked one week, Then I lend him mouse's MoJo Skins win,And you post that his skins have a shot,

can't you stick it out? are the cowboys out of the playoffs? and if they suck? can't you say that every week? The packers scored 0ver 35 points, I don't care if you was the 1990's cowboys you was going to lose.

look at me I took the Dolphins over the Ramms. Now if you are betting on these games? Then I can see the anger I too am a Gambler,and I take back what I said.

so are you On? of Off the cowboy wagon?

"Shake some Dust"

samikeyp
10-25-2004, 12:31 PM
I have always been a Cowboy fan and still am...but they are terrible right now. You can still be a loyal fan and not like the way your team is playing.

King
10-25-2004, 05:14 PM
You suck as a fan. One day the cowboys are on fire? next week they suck.
You told BigZax his skins sucked one week, Then I lend him mouse's MoJo Skins win,And you post that his skins have a shot,

can't you stick it out? are the cowboys out of the playoffs? and if they suck? can't you say that every week? The packers scored 0ver 35 points, I don't care if you was the 1990's cowboys you was going to lose.

look at me I took the Dolphins over the Ramms. Now if you are betting on these games? Then I can see the anger I too am a Gambler,and I take back what I said.

so are you On? of Off the cowboy wagon?

"Shake some Dust"

The Cowboys of the 90s didn't give up 35 points.

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 08:08 PM
One thing that completely baffles me is the fact that the Cowboys had the best defense last year and now they have to be the worst. Not that much has changed in personnel, so what is the explaination? With a coach like Parcells, I have a hard time believing it is his doing. I believe they have an average NFL offense...not bad.....nothing great. This team will completely implode or do the unexpected....come back with epic proportions. I'm afraid it will be the first. I know at some point, they should start grooming Henson. Whats to be gained traveling the same road? I am still a fan, I have always been a fan , and will continue to be a fan. I'm just disappointed. I think a win over the Eagles would be like a Christmas present but I won't hold my breath for it to happen.

Jimcs50
10-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Defense is overrated. Washington has the top rated defense in the league, and where has it gotten them? Nowhere, that's where.

scott
10-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Tuesday Morning Quarterback keeps a track of that interesting stat... through week 6 (meaning not including this past weeks games):

The top five defensive teams -- Denver, Washington, Miami, Tampa and Pittsburgh -- have a combined record of 13-17.

The top five offensive teams -- Minnesota, Indianapolis, Green Bay, St. Louis and Denver -- have a combined record of 19-9.

I highly recommend TMQ.

http://nfl.com/features ---> See Gregg Easterbrook

jcrod
10-25-2004, 09:48 PM
One thing that completely baffles me is the fact that the Cowboys had the best defense last year and now they have to be the worst. Not that much has changed in personnel, so what is the explaination? With a coach like Parcells, I have a hard time believing it is his doing. I believe they have an average NFL offense...not bad.....nothing great. This team will completely implode or do the unexpected....come back with epic proportions. I'm afraid it will be the first. I know at some point, they should start grooming Henson. Whats to be gained traveling the same road? I am still a fan, I have always been a fan , and will continue to be a fan. I'm just disappointed. I think a win over the Eagles would be like a Christmas present but I won't hold my breath for it to happen.

Oh it's very different when you consider that Woody isn't back there. Now Roy has to play back instead of playing up front.

And although whats his face???starting right CB last yr....well he wasn't spectacular, but he was solid. Newman is having a horrible yr compared to last yr.

Wiley isn't doing diddly shit, Eckuban at least made some tackles.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but I've noticed he's using Brady James more than Coakley. Brady has great potential, but this is only his second season.

Very Different....

bigzak25
10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
http://img2.exs.cx/img2/7294/keyshawn_owend.gif

GO COWBOYS!!!! Woohoo!!!

(reverse mojo in full effect, 3 weeks and counting) :smokin

samikeyp
10-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey now Zak...they don't need your reverse mojo to screw up games, they are doing that just fine all by themselves! :lol

Hank Hill
10-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Them cowBOYS aint right.

But they're still my team!!!

Duff McCartney
10-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Defense is overrated. Washington has the top rated defense in the league, and where has it gotten them? Nowhere, that's where.

The Broncos have the best D in the league.

samikeyp
10-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Actually...Jim is correct.

Top 10 teams in Total Defense - Total Yards/Game

games played ypg
Washington 6 234.2
Denver 7 238.6
Tampa Bay 7 266.1
Miami 7 274.1
Buffalo 6 275.0
Pittsburgh 6 287.2
Baltimore 6 288.8
Seattle 6 307.7
Kansas City 6 312.3
Carolina 6 315.3

pooh
10-26-2004, 04:37 PM
The Broncos defense got torched a few times last night in that Monday Night disaster.

samikeyp
10-26-2004, 04:41 PM
true...Denver probably was #1 before last night.

Jimcs50
10-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Washington is playing GreenBay on Sunday, so their #1 defense might not last too much longer, as GB is running up the yardage on everyone lately.

Jimcs50
10-26-2004, 05:07 PM
The Broncos defense got torched a few times last night in that Monday Night disaster.

they only gave up 300 yds last night, so I doubt if that hurt their ranking any. They should still be #2.

Jimcs50
11-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Dallas is HORRIBLE!!!!

Vinny needs to be replaced, just as Brunell. They need Drew Hensen in.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Parcells won't bring in Henson for the Monday night game, but if they lose against the Eagles, then expect Henson in the next week.

Duff McCartney
11-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I think Bill might as well put him in. The season is lost. I remember last weak Bill got pissed because somebody asked about Drew Henson for next season. I was like dude...hello you lost the season....you might as well put his ass in there so he can get some experience.

The Cowboys aren't gonna be making the playoffs this year and they are only borderline better than the Redskins in the NFC East.

Jimcs50
11-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Quincy Carter where are you????

He would have been a better choice at QB this season.

Jimcs50
11-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Cowboys' schedule looks pretty tough too.

10 Mon Nov 15 Philadelphia Tickets ABC 9:00 PM
11 Sun Nov 21 at Baltimore Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
12 Thu Nov 25 Chicago Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
13 Mon Dec 6 at Seattle Tickets ABC 9:00 PM
14 Sun Dec 12 New Orleans Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
15 Sun Dec 19 at Philadelphia Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
16 Sun Dec 26 Washington Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
17 Sun Jan 2 at NY Giants Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM

Who will finish in the cellar, Redskins or Cowboys?

Hook Dem
11-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I thought Parcells was gonna cry in the press conference yesterday. I think he is close to retiring again. Whatever!!!!!! Cowboys ain't going anywhere but it would make my season to see a miracle by beating TO & Eagles. Might help 'ol Bill tuck his hemmorhoids back in also. :lol

Duff McCartney
11-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Cowboys' schedule looks pretty tough too.

10 Mon Nov 15 Philadelphia Tickets ABC 9:00 PM
11 Sun Nov 21 at Baltimore Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
12 Thu Nov 25 Chicago Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
13 Mon Dec 6 at Seattle Tickets ABC 9:00 PM
14 Sun Dec 12 New Orleans Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
15 Sun Dec 19 at Philadelphia Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
16 Sun Dec 26 Washington Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
17 Sun Jan 2 at NY Giants Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM

Who will finish in the cellar, Redskins or Cowboys?

It's gonna be the Redskins in the cellar but the Cowboys will only be borderline better. Baltimore Seattle Philly and Giants are guaranteed losses...that means the Cowboys will finish 7-9. If they win the other games.

jcrod
11-08-2004, 12:36 PM
:bang

Parcells play calling sucks this yr. Defense has really let me down, but with so many injuries what do you except.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Dallas is HORRIBLE!!!!

Vinny needs to be replaced, just as Brunell. They need Drew Hensen in.

I can't disagree there. Dallas is HORRIBLE. The moves by management are really showing at this point.

Vinny doesn't need to be replaced b/c he's playing awful. After all, he's really been put in a horrible situation. Bill Parcells traded away Antonio Bryant for a guy who can't stay healthy. What do we do? We replace that position with either a fullback or a rookie wide reciever -- NOT GOOD. Now that Terry Glenn is lost for the season, Randall Williams has filled in his spot. This is a man who is unable catch passes or run routes. After all, the man only has one catch in four seasons of experience. Truely pathetic. But Vinny does need to be replaced b/c the season is over and we need to find out what Henson has. But Vinny has done a lot better than we could've ever expected from Quincy Carter.

I feel for Vinny. Our best reciever is our tight end and the only other WR with experience is Keyshawn Johnson who has trouble outrunning a turtle. With no deep threat, Keyshawn is pretty ineffective. And with Eddie George running the ball, we also don't have a running game to work off of. Vinny is dieing out there. He's forcing the ball into K. Johnson and Witten and he's getting picked. Everytime he goes to someone else, they drop the ball or fail to get open. I can't fault Vinny for stinking it up out there.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:02 PM
:bang

Parcells play calling sucks this yr. Defense has really let me down, but with so many injuries what do you except.

Parcells play calling isn't the problem. It's Parcell's decision to stick with Eddie George over Rashard Lee. Granted, we're not gonna be an offensive juggernaut with Lee out there but damn, George is killing our running game.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Parcells won't bring in Henson for the Monday night game, but if they lose against the Eagles, then expect Henson in the next week.

I agree, Parcells isnt' gonna put Henson there against the Eagles. That wouldn't be fair to Henson. He'll get killed out there. It could also damage his confidence in the process. No need to do that. Start him in the next game.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:20 PM

1) Losing Willie Blade in the middle b/c he ate himself out of a job really hurt the cowboys. We lost our run stuffer in the middle. He was great at taking on double teams and allowed a free lane for our linebackers to make stops. Losing him really hurt us. Thus far, we haven't found a suitable guy to replace him and our run defense has really suffered b/c of it.

2) Allowing Mario Edwards to leave in free agency and the injury to Pete Hunter really hurt us as well. It prevented us from doing the all-out blitz, zero coverage schemes we were successfull with last year. Without the ability to provide pressure on the QB, we are a pretty medicre defense.

3) Coupled with the loss of Mario Edwards and Pete Hunter was the loss of Darren Woodson. This was huge b/c Dixon hasn't been even close to replacing Woodson. So much so, we are cheated from allowing Roy Williams to get near the LOS and reek havoc to create turnover and make big plays.

4) Allowing Ekuban to leave and replacing him with Wiley. Wiley hasn't done squat since joining the cowboys. Ekuban didn't do much but Wiley hasn't even done as much as Ekuban did. Wiley can't stop the run and we all know he can't register a sack. Has he even registered a sack even?

Put all those things together and you have a defense vastly inferior to last year's defense.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:21 PM

I wonder where them teams rank in terms of turnovers.

Louae
11-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Quincy Carter where are you????

He would have been a better choice at QB this season.

:lol

put down the crack pipe.

samikeyp
11-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Wiley was widely thought by everyone to be an upgrade over Ekuban and Edwards was the weak link in the secondary last year. Those were moves that should have been made...problem is that Wiley has proven to be all hype and replacing the weak link with a weaker link is not the right way to fill that hole.

PeterBurns
11-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Keep in mind the reason why the stats show that the Boys 'D sucks this year is directly linked to the lack of a running game.
When teams don't have success running the ball, the defense struggles.
Parcells will be gone.
They should pick up or trade for Travis Henry next year.

Louae
11-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Keep in mind the reason why the stats show that the Boys 'D sucks this year is directly linked to the lack of a running game.
When teams don't have success running the ball, the defense struggles.
Parcells will be gone.
They should pick up or trade for Travis Henry next year.

We didn't have a running game last year either. The only difference between this year and last is our defense's inability to get off the field.

Louae
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Wiley was widely thought by everyone to be an upgrade over Ekuban and Edwards was the weak link in the secondary last year. Those were moves that should have been made...problem is that Wiley has proven to be all hype and replacing the weak link with a weaker link is not the right way to fill that hole.

1) I didn't know anything about Wiley so I surely wasn't one of those people who thought Wiley would be an upgrade. I didn't think anything of Ekuban. He was a dissapointment rushing the passer and wasn't all that in stopping the run but he wasn't a dog like Wiley has turned out to be. This is something I can let Parcells slide on. It's just that we paid more for Wiley than Ekuban and we're getting nothing out of wiley. That sucks.

2) Edwards is a different story. We never had an adequate replacement for Edwards. In fact, we never adquately tried to get a replacement before Edwards was signed away. By the time we lost Edwards in free agency, there wasn't an adequate corner to even match what Edwards gave us. This was an obvious goof by management. And we've paid dearly for it this year.

samikeyp
11-08-2004, 04:33 PM
This was an obvious goof by management. And we've paid dearly for it this year.

Agreed. I have no problem letting Edwards go...but only if there was a decent replacement. I guess JJ and Parcells thought Hunter was going to be that guy. oops.

pooh
11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
That was one of the worst performances by a Cowboys team that I have have seen in the past 20 yrs. The other one that comes to mind was in 1984 when they were whipped by the Buffalo Bills.

I'm still loyal and a die hard fan but reality is clear...the Cowboys are really just a .500 team at best. Perhaps they overachieved last year and what we see now is the true Cowboys teams from 2001-2002. This is their make or break year with some of these vets they brought it. If they dont have a strong finish, scrap it, play the rookies next and rebuild for next season.

samikeyp
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
worse one I saw was in 85, when Chicago came in to Dallas and won 44-0. That was the year the Bears won the Super Bowl.

JFK
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
worse one I saw was in 85, when Chicago came in to Dallas and won 44-0. That was the year the Bears won the Super Bowl.

Probably also the Decline and end of Tom Landry for all intents and purposes :(

i think the Defense is a total disgrace and one of the worst surprises of the year, you'd think with all the cain they raised last year they'd be good again, but they stunk it up.

The Dallas Offense, thats whats to be expected...you have Vinny there, who was supposed to be the backup to Carter
and Eddie George and the rest of the RB's not doing it, without Julius Jones,

Remember this was Parcells plan....untill what happened with Quincy did, and Jones went down...its a complete fiasco this year, and that Playoff run teased fans last year. thus, the high expectations and the bar raised even more so.

Louae
11-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Perhaps they overachieved last year and what we see now is the true Cowboys teams from 2001-2002. This is their make or break year with some of these vets they brought it. If they dont have a strong finish, scrap it, play the rookies next and rebuild for next season.

Last year, we did overachieve but this year's team isn't as good as last year's team. Our defense last year was better and had better personell. Losing Woodson, Edwards and Blade without replacing them with adequate backups has really hurt this team from a defensive standpoint. As for offense, we were better than last year until we lost Terry Glenn to injury, Dan Campbell to injury, Antonio Bryant via trade and replace Hambrick with George. I can't believe I said that. But George is worse than Hambrick. To this day, I'm still baffled why Rashard hasn't gotten more carries. He's our best back at the moment.

Louae
11-09-2004, 03:51 AM
Probably also the Decline and end of Tom Landry for all intents and purposes :(

i think the Defense is a total disgrace and one of the worst surprises of the year, you'd think with all the cain they raised last year they'd be good again, but they stunk it up.

The Dallas Offense, thats whats to be expected...you have Vinny there, who was supposed to be the backup to Carter
and Eddie George and the rest of the RB's not doing it, without Julius Jones,

Remember this was Parcells plan....untill what happened with Quincy did, and Jones went down...its a complete fiasco this year, and that Playoff run teased fans last year. thus, the high expectations and the bar raised even more so.

Actually, the decline didn't occur until after the 86 season when Jim Burt hurt Danny White. Up to that point, the cowboys were doing well. when danny white was injured that year, we lost every game but one if I remember correctly. after that, danny was never the same and neither were the cowboys as they went from Hogaboom to Pellure (sp?) to Sweeney. It wasn't until the Cowboys drafted Smith to complete the drafting of Irvin in 88, Aikman in 89 and Smith in 90 to create a dynasty of the early ninties.