PDA

View Full Version : question for Cowboy fans

Brad Sham
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
i've been in this radio businness for 30+ years and i say he just needs to practice

ALVAREZ6
08-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I'd say he needs to stop bein a bitch.

Eminem
08-27-2006, 09:51 AM

:tu Dude got some issues.

Chris
08-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Says the Eagles fan..

Don't worry though, TO will be ready to wax the Eagles' asses when the time comes.

Our WR core is deep enough to get by without him. A luxury for us, an offensive nightmare for our opponents. See you on Sunday!

Brad Sham
08-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Says the Eagles fan..

Don't worry though, TO will be ready to wax the Eagles' asses when the time comes.

Our WR core is deep enough to get by without him. A luxury for us, an offensive nightmare for our opponents. See you on Sunday!

im not so sure. a deep core of no-namers. Glenn and Crayton are our two best receivers.

after that Jamaica Rector, Sam Hurd, Terrence Copper, Le paul Ware? cmon now.....

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Those choices suck. He needs to fucking practice because he doesn't fucking know the offense or the QBs. I don't give a shit if he plays in the preseason games but he needs to show the fuck up and he needs to do what he's told.

Can he be deactivated? That would be awesome.

Chris
08-28-2006, 07:21 AM
im not so sure. a deep core of no-namers. Glenn and Crayton are our two best receivers.

after that Jamaica Rector, Sam Hurd, Terrence Copper, Le paul Ware? cmon now.....

Copper: Proven
Rector: Proven
Hurd: Proven

I'm convinced after watching all of them compete these last three weeks. Copper has been with the Cowboys for I believe 2 years at least. He has proven in the past he can make big catches and has great hands. Considering we're running a two tight end offense this year with pro-bowler Witten leading the way, I still believe we are deep and Owens is a luxury.

samikeyp
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Rector, IMO, earned his spot against SF. Hurd solidified his chances with good special teams play...I think Copper may be the odd man out.

Oh also...Skyler Green is history.

johnsmith
08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
i've been in this radio businness for 30+ years and i say he just needs to practice

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? "I've been in the radio business for 30+ years...." Who gives a shit?

slayermin
08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? "I've been in the radio business for 30+ years...." Who gives a shit?

I know what you mean. I lived in Texas half my life and I never heard of him.

StylisticS
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh also...Skyler Green is history.

I doubt it. Who will return punts? You have to give a player like that time. What do people expect out of him? He surprisingly has put up solid numbers compared to other punt returners. He needs get use to the speed of the NFL. He has potential and I wouldn't give up on him yet.

I lived in Texas half my life and I never heard of him.
You never heard of Brad Sham?

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I doubt it. Who will return punts? You have to give a player like that time. What do people expect out of him? He surprisingly has put up solid numbers compared to other punt returners. He needs get use to the speed of the NFL. He has potential and I wouldn't give up on him yet.

You never heard of Brad Sham?
Skyler Green is history. I'm surprised he wasn't cut the day after the game.

StylisticS
08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
So who returns punts? Rector? And he was drafted to return punts and his average yards per return is better than nearly everybody else in the league thus far in the preseason. What are you expecting out of him? For him to break it on every return? That will not be happening.

That said, he did piss me off by catching the ball inside the 10. YOU NEVAR do that. And he does look a bit slow out there. That comes to getting use to the speed in the NFL.

Brad Sham
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I know what you mean. I lived in Texas half my life and I never heard of him.

your kidding. i'm the legendary commentator for the Cowboys since the Staubach days

Brad Sham
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdvRJS-x_Rg

me along with color commentator Babe Laufenberg

mavs>spurs2
08-28-2006, 11:16 PM
I think Parcells is just being a jackass. Even though T.O. can be a moron most of the time, I think he is genuinely hurt. Combine this with him pressuring Vaderjagt who is also hurt can really cause alot of problems for the team. What's the point in hurrying someone back if they are hurt just so they can half ass it for a couple of games and then be back on the sidelines with an aggravated injury.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I think Parcells is just being a jackass. Even though T.O. can be a moron most of the time, I think he is genuinely hurt. Combine this with him pressuring Vaderjagt who is also hurt can really cause alot of problems for the team. What's the point in hurrying someone back if they are hurt just so they can half ass it for a couple of games and then be back on the sidelines with an aggravated injury.
Since when has he pressured either of them?

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 11:37 PM
So who returns punts? Rector? And he was drafted to return punts and his average yards per return is better than nearly everybody else in the league thus far in the preseason. What are you expecting out of him? For him to break it on every return? That will not be happening.

That said, he did piss me off by catching the ball inside the 10. YOU NEVAR do that. And he does look a bit slow out there. That comes to getting use to the speed in the NFL.
IIRC Thompson, Crayton and Neuman all returned kicks last year. I'd rather waste the draft pick than have to lose one of the promising receivers the Cowboys have. His stats are impressive, proof that stats mean nothing.

Chris
08-29-2006, 07:16 AM
That isn't Brad Sham, just another troll. No self respecting journalist would refer to himself as legendary and the quality of his posts isn't even on par with what Sham writes in his columns. Quit posing and get a life. It's funny in the troll forums but here it is extremely ludicrous.

Brick|ayer
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
I thought Owens was on the Niners?

samikeyp
08-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I know Brad Sham...this ain't him! :)

A decent KR can be had....Green is history. No, he can't break every one but he has to show better decision making.

StylisticS
08-29-2006, 10:14 PM
IIRC Thompson, Crayton and Neuman all returned kicks last year. I'd rather waste the draft pick than have to lose one of the promising receivers the Cowboys have. His stats are impressive, proof that stats mean nothing.

I'm sorry but I will super pissed if Newman returns punts. Think Jason Sehorn. Tis a reason why his career was ended so early. Parcells thinks the same. Crayton is too slow to return punts and even though he has good hands, he drops the ball many times while returning punts. Now I can agree with Thompson and would like to see him back there. But Parcells seems to like Green and I think he has potential. Green will return most of the punts against Minnesota. If he has at least one decent return, he's on the team. Returning punts for touchdowns or even large gains are very hard to do if you're blocking is subpar, which it has been thus far.

samikeyp
08-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree....IMO Newman is too valuable to return punts.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm sorry but I will super pissed if Newman returns punts. Think Jason Sehorn. Tis a reason why his career was ended so early. Parcells thinks the same. Crayton is too slow to return punts and even though he has good hands, he drops the ball many times while returning punts. Now I can agree with Thompson and would like to see him back there. But Parcells seems to like Green and I think he has potential. Green will return most of the punts against Minnesota. If he has at least one decent return, he's on the team. Returning punts for touchdowns or even large gains are very hard to do if you're blocking is subpar, which it has been thus far.
Sehorn got injured in a pre-season game, which is unforgivable, since he was the best returner in the league at the time.

Dantzler was a much better returner, but he got cut. At least Green hasn't fumbled. I don't have any problem with keeping Green if there's a roster spot for him. Considering all the tight ends, receivers and having two kickers on the roster, that doesn't seem likely. If he hadn't been a draft pick I guarantee you he would have been cut last Monday at SOB.

StylisticS
08-30-2006, 07:49 AM
yeah I liked Dantzler. Wish we kept him. But the only way Green is cut is Rector and Hurd make the team. I think Rector honestly makes it. It is between Hurd and Green and honestly, they both make it. But Green just will not play on offense.

cherylsteele
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Cowboys never should have signed him....he may be a great player but he needs to practice and play to be that.

Kinda like the if the Spurs were to sign A.I.
Practice?....at least AI shows up for games....he does play hurt.

BeerIsGood!
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't like TO, but it seems he doesn't want to work in the pre-season. The guy thinks he's good enough to get a week of work in and be great come the regular season. Or maybe he's really hurt and doesn't feel that he should risk injury in the pre-season. Either way I think he'll show up and produce come Sept.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
He'd better hope that he does. The Dallas media will eat him alive if he goes out and lays an egg after pulling all this stupid shit, and the team won't miss a beat.

Chris
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Reportedly he attended last practice and all is well.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=5C412BA2-9E43-D179-013C1DAF0661667B

I guess a pulled hamstring isn't a good enough excuse for some people.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Reportedly he attended last practice and all is well.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=5C412BA2-9E43-D179-013C1DAF0661667B

I guess a pulled hamstring isn't a good enough excuse for some people.
I'd be a lot more willing to believe he had a pulled hamstring if he wasn't missing rehab sessions and wearing a bicycle helmet to practice.

Chris
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd be a lot more willing to believe he had a pulled hamstring if he wasn't missing rehab sessions and wearing a bicycle helmet to practice.

lol true :lol

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 02:59 PM
At some point, one would think that TO would realize that he only has his own record of behavior to blame for the way people perceive him, but he simply lacks the ability to see it.

slayermin
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
your kidding. i'm the legendary commentator for the Cowboys since the Staubach days

Radio commentator?

Because I only watched the games and it was usually Madden and Summerall.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Radio commentator?

Because I only watched the games and it was usually Madden and Summerall.
Just pay attention to the last name; that's all you need to know. :)