PDA

View Full Version : If Dirk can some how beat the USA by himself

Amarelooms
08-27-2006, 11:33 AM
will he officially be the best player in the NBA? Hate on haters :elephant

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 11:35 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
08-27-2006, 11:36 AM
:lmao at Dirk beating team USA. Germany SUCKS! and Dirk is not good enough to carry the whole team, sorry

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-27-2006, 11:52 AM
If they had problems with Nigeria they'll get creamed by USA.

Marklar MM
08-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Carlos Arroyo tore up the US a couple years ago. Does that make him the best player?

ShoogarBear
08-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Dude couldn't even beat an exercise bike.

Amarelooms
08-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Carlos Arroyo tore up the US a couple years ago. Does that make him the best player?

Dirk is no Carlos Arroyo my friend

ATX Spur
08-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Dirk is no Carlos Arroyo my friend

Exactly. He's not Germany's savior against the Americans either.

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2006, 05:30 PM
this guy follows the mavericks, but his nick is amarelooms? wtf

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 05:31 PM

He kicked the shit out of it.

mavs>spurs2
08-27-2006, 06:01 PM
No he kicked it like a little pussy, making himself look dumb.

spurs=bling
08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
:lol !!!

Amarelooms
08-27-2006, 06:16 PM
this guy follows the mavericks, but his nick is amarelooms? wtf

My friend...Amare does loom...be afraid...very afraid.

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 06:40 PM

:huh

MarkCuban
08-27-2006, 06:48 PM

he already is

:elephant

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2006, 06:48 PM

gettin traded?

MarkCuban
08-27-2006, 06:49 PM
No he kicked it like a little pussy, making himself look dumb.

he destroyed it

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 06:50 PM
he already is

he could be considered in the top 5

confined

basketball is fun

dirk4mvp
he destroyed it

If MBenga would've kicked it, it would've shattered.

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
he destroyed it

his 4 toes and pinkie yeh.......

dirk4mvp
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
his 4 toes and pinkie yeh.......

4 toes and pinkie? You just proved you're a dumbass.

1Parker1
08-27-2006, 10:14 PM

He couldn't beat Dwayne Wade by himself in the NBA finals...I doubt Dirk will be able to beat Dwayne Wade + Lebron James + Carmelo Anthony all by himself in FIBA.

shaggy17
08-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Hard to call an all star player the best or one of the best in the league. :lol

mavs>spurs2
08-27-2006, 10:34 PM

Dirk IS one of the best in the league.

shaggy17
08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Dirk IS one of the best in the league.

Cant call an all star player better then any Superstar. :lol Now he is one of the best all star players in the NBA because that is what he is..not a superstar.

mavs>spurs2
08-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Cant call an all star player better then any Superstar. :lol Now he is one of the best all star players in the NBA because that is what he is..not a superstar.

Excuse me? Are you seriously trying to say that Dirk isn't a superstar? Somebody please fill me in, is this some kind of inside joke?

stretch
08-27-2006, 11:35 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/8.gif

MarkCuban
08-28-2006, 07:54 AM

the "allstar" single-handly beat the defending champions.........with a little help from me of course :elephant

samikeyp
08-28-2006, 07:56 AM
C'mon now Cubes...you know it was all you! :p

signpost
08-28-2006, 08:07 AM

Right, because white players can't be superstars. Especially foreign white players. Everybody knows that.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Right, because white players can't be superstars. Especially foreign white players. Everybody knows that.
Racism, the last refuge of those with no argument of substance.

mabber
08-28-2006, 12:28 PM

Dirk has made 1st Team-All Pro 2 straight years so somebody out there thinks he's purdy good.

I agree that just being an allstar doesn't necessarily make you one of the best in the league.

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
this thread has nudged the 'dork or duncan' thread to the number 2 silliest thread to date. dork will not beat anybody by himself.. it has been established he disappears when it matters most.

mabber
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
this thread has nudged the 'dork or duncan' thread to the number 2 silliest thread to date. dork will not beat anybody by himself.. it has been established he disappears when it matters most.

I agree that comparing Duncan to Dirk is silly (Duncan is better player), but to say that Dirk disappears when it matters most is even sillier (especially coming from a Spur's fan). Remember game 7? Who made the basket while being fouled hard and then the free throw to send that game into OT? Was Dirk invisible while doing that? I guess you guys have chosen to forget that ever happened.

Trainwreck2100
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree that comparing Duncan to Dirk is silly (Duncan is better player), but to say that Dirk disappears when it matters most is even sillier (especially coming from a Spur's fan). Remember game 7? Who made the basket while being fouled hard and then the free throw to send that game into OT? Was Dirk invisible while doing that? I guess you guys have chosen to forget that ever happened.

Yeah but he missed a key FT in game 3 of the Finals and threw the ball away at the end of game six

stretch
08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah but he missed a key FT in game 3 of the Finals and threw the ball away at the end of game six
he didnt throw the ball away at the end of game six. dampier dropped a PERFECT pass, that he should have been able to dunk.

ChumpDumper
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
WTF was he passing to a man with stone hands in crunch time? Throwing to Damp at that point = throwing it away.

mavs>spurs2
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
WTF was he passing to a man with stone hands in crunch time? Throwing to Damp at that point = throwing it away.

Yea before it even hit his hands I knew the game was over. Bonehead decision.

confined
08-28-2006, 04:40 PM

LMAO!...haha there is just no cure for stupidity...everytime this guys posts im just gonna look at it and laugh

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 05:07 PM

I'll agree that was stupid.

shaggy17
08-28-2006, 05:28 PM
LMAO!...haha there is just no cure for stupidity...everytime this guys posts im just gonna look at it and laugh

Definition of a superstar:not pussies who are afraid of constant physical play, dont rely on the refs to be clutch for them, dont sit out of 3 playoff games with a hyperextended knee especially when the doc's clear you, dont call out teamates to the press especially when you yourself isnt getting the job done etc etc. Dirk has improved his game agreed, but he will always be the same soft choking pussy that he truly is. Not having those intangables puts him in an all-star class and doesnt get you to superstar status.

Also on a sidenote I do agree there is no cure for stupidity. Thats why Mavs fans like you are still alive.

shaggy17
08-28-2006, 05:33 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/8.gif

I know the truth hurts about your blond hair boy. :rolleyes Ahhh typical of you to throw insults but cant make an intelligent comback at my reasons for why he is an true legit superstar. weak

nkdlunch
08-28-2006, 05:36 PM
mavfans make me laugh. Dirk ain't the real deal. He ain't even close. He needed the help of a bunch of really good players (mavs of 2006) to reach the finals. and he still choked.

If you replace Dirk w/Duncan, the Mavs would kick ass all the way to an NBA championship.

MarkCuban
08-28-2006, 05:39 PM
mavfans make me laugh. Dirk ain't the real deal. He ain't even close. He needed the help of a bunch of really good players (mavs of 2006) to reach the finals. and he still choked.

If you replace Dirk w/Duncan, the Mavs would kick ass all the way to an NBA championship.

he doesnt fit our team style. he plays defense, doesnt make excuses or whine, and wins championships fairly. dont make me even think about Duncan joining our team :vomit:

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM

Right.....He hit the shot that basically ended the Grizz playoff run. He took it physical to the rack just when it seemed like the Mavs were done after the trey by Manu. He got a kiss blown at him by Tim Thomas and responded with a 50 point game. Pretty close to the real deal.

nkdlunch
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Right.....He hit the shot that basically ended the Grizz playoff run.
Grizzz??? :lol

Pretty close to the real deal.
You've said it my friend, pretty close, but not quite the real deal.

stretch
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Right.....He hit the shot that basically ended the Grizz playoff run. He took it physical to the rack just when it seemed like the Mavs were done after the trey by Manu. He got a kiss blown at him by Tim Thomas and responded with a 50 point game. Pretty close to the real deal.
ah, you took the words right out of my mouth. Dirk is a damn good player. Of course we shouldnt expect these unknowledgable homer spurs fans to give any credit where credit is due, other than to the spurs. if anyone beats the spurs, they discredit them, whine, bitch, make excuses, etc... we shouldnt expect more of them. Dirk basically singlehandedly beat the Spurs in just about every possible way, and they still find a lame ass way to discredit him.

nkdlunch
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Dirk basically singlehandedly beat the Spurs in just about every possible way,

what a moron. did u even watch the series??? You don't give credit to all the other mav players????

they are the ones who kept Mavs in the games....

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Grizzz???:lol

Yeah, the Grizz. They just ran into the wrong teams the past 3 years.......

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I know the truth hurts about your blond hair boy. :rolleyes Ahhh typical of you to throw insults but cant make an intelligent comback at my reasons for why he is an true legit superstar. weak

Because he's the best player on a team that went to the Finals and has come 3rd in MVP voting the last 2 years. There's a lot of players considered "superstars" who haven't done anything close to that.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
ended the Grizz playoff run.

I believe that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I believe that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

So you're saying they aren't a good team because of 0-12? Surely not.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
And I see you guys have nothing in response to Dirk taking it strong to the hole after the Manu 3. :smokin

BUMP
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
And I see you guys have nothing in response to Dirk taking it strong to the hole after the Manu 3. :smokin

Spurs 3

Mavs 0

:lol :lol :lol

ChumpDumper
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Manu was stupid. :smokin

dirk4mvp
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Spurs 3

Mavs 0

:lol :lol :lol

It's even rubbed off on Mav's fans. :depressed

ShoogarBear
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM

Probably something he learned from Cuban.

mavs>spurs2
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Definition of a superstar:not pussies who are afraid of constant physical play, dont rely on the refs to be clutch for them, dont sit out of 3 playoff games with a hyperextended knee especially when the doc's clear you, dont call out teamates to the press especially when you yourself isnt getting the job done etc etc. Dirk has improved his game agreed, but he will always be the same soft choking pussy that he truly is. Not having those intangables puts him in an all-star class and doesnt get you to superstar status.

Also on a sidenote I do agree there is no cure for stupidity. Thats why Mavs fans like you are still alive.

Um........wow. I don't even know what to say. I actually think this guy must be kidding.

stretch
08-28-2006, 09:20 PM
what a moron. did u even watch the series??? You don't give credit to all the other mav players????

they are the ones who kept Mavs in the games....
did you watch the series? i saw Dirk pretty much dominate the whole series, including making the play that won the series. maybe he didnt singlehandedly beat the spurs, but he was the only consistently good player on the Mavs in that series, and made the plays when they needed them.

confined
08-29-2006, 10:13 AM

hahaha ...o man ur funny...please watch an nba game before u start posting bullshit all over the place...u guys r so cool :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2006, 10:27 AM
if dirk beats team usa = dirk>teamusa

then chokes in finals against argentina = ginoboli>dirk>teamusa

bdubya
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
if dirk beats team usa = dirk>teamusa

then chokes in finals against argentina = ginoboli>dirk>teamusa

"Ginoboli"? Work on your spelling. It's "D-E-L-F-I-N-O".
:spin

shaggy17
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
hahaha ...o man ur funny...please watch an nba game before u start posting bullshit all over the place...u guys r so cool :rolleyes

All those things I said were true and if you want facts just go rewatch the games that I said defines the type of player he is. It is okay to be pissed off because I am right and your best comeback is name calling and saying "ummm thats bullshit" :td :td Weak comeback by the way.

LEONARD
08-29-2006, 11:46 AM
If Dirk can some how beat the USA by himself Spurstalk would explode into a million pieces... :lol

mavs>spurs2
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
All those things I said were true and if you want facts just go rewatch the games that I said defines the type of player he is. It is okay to be pissed off because I am right and your best comeback is name calling and saying "ummm thats bullshit" :td :td Weak comeback by the way.

Nothing you said was true. Just because you don't like Dirk doesn't mean that he isn't a superstar. That's stupid logic.

cheguevara
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
"Loosers!!!!"
http://www.david-hasselhoff.com/bilder/dodgeball.jpg

confined
08-29-2006, 07:45 PM

hes been on the nba all first team 2 years in a row man...dont give me that shit that hes not a superstar...and a team with no superstar cant make it to the finals...but for some reason a team with no superstar(mavs) beat a team loaded with "superstars"(spurs) :rolleyes

all hail jackie butler and matt bonner right?...fags

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 07:48 PM
The Spurs are loaded with superstars?

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
...and a team with no superstar cant make it to the finals...

Who is the superstar on the Pistons, who went to the Finals twice?

confined
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
billups was in the run for MVP pretty much all season untill spring came around so there for he is a superstar....

bottom line ...dirk IS a superstar

confined
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
The Spurs are loaded with superstars?

i was joking

shaggy17
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
hes been on the nba all first team 2 years in a row man...dont give me that shit that hes not a superstar...and a team with no superstar cant make it to the finals...but for some reason a team with no superstar(mavs) beat a team loaded with "superstars"(spurs) :rolleyes
all hail jackie butler and matt bonner right?...fags

:blah :blah :blah :blah Pistons 04/05. Also you needed bullshit help from the refs to get past us. :td :td :td :rolleyes. I gave my reasons why I say Dirk isnt a superstar over and over again. Hes a pussy who folds when teams knock him on his ass and sits out of 3 playoff games cuz of a fucking hyperextended knee give me a fucking brake. In terms of toughness and handing physical teams Dirk is nowhere near Iverson/kobe/Wade/Duncan/Shaq/Bron/etc etc. That's one of the key intangibles to being a superstar is NOT being soft which is exactly what Dirk is. You can make these claims that I am a "hater" and disagree all you want. I would be shocked if you didnt agree with me and it would make this boring.

shaggy17
08-29-2006, 10:16 PM
billups was in the run for MVP pretty much all season untill spring came around so there for he is a superstar....

I take it PJ Brown is a superstar too because of finishing in like 5th place right?? :rolleyes :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
08-29-2006, 10:48 PM
:blah :blah :blah :blah Pistons 04/05. Also you needed bullshit help from the refs to get past us. :td :td :td :rolleyes. I gave my reasons why I say Dirk isnt a superstar over and over again. Hes a pussy who folds when teams knock him on his ass and sits out of 3 playoff games cuz of a fucking hyperextended knee give me a fucking brake. In terms of toughness and handing physical teams Dirk is nowhere near Iverson/kobe/Wade/Duncan/Shaq/Bron/etc etc. That's one of the key intangibles to being a superstar is NOT being soft which is exactly what Dirk is. You can make these claims that I am a "hater" and disagree all you want. I would be shocked if you didnt agree with me and it would make this boring.

Shaggy, how old are u man? The spurs got just as much or more bullshit help from the refs than the mavs did. Game 1 was fucking pitiful. So what if Dirk sat out because of a hyperextended knee? You are only proving your ignorance here. A hyperextened knee can either be very minor or very serious. Dirk may have folded in the finals, I won't argue with that. But that's not the trend throughout his career. Nobody calls him a choker when he hits the game winner or when he scores 50 points and single handedly leads the Mavericks to victory. You can't base all of your argument on one playoff series. The dude has been in the league 7 seasons and for most of his career he has not been known to fold like he did in the finals. You claim people call you a "hater", but it's true, your argument is so weak. 99.9% of the fans here or anywhere will agree that Dirk is a superstar. You don't have to like the guy, or even think he's top 5 in the NBA. But you can't deny that he's top 10 and a superstar.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM

Okay, in the universe you describe above, Dirk is a superstar.

E20
08-29-2006, 11:33 PM
No, to the stated question, because it's more than likely that if Team Germany plays the Spurs squad they will lose because they have more Chemistry and know each other unlike Team USA.

shaggy17
08-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Shaggy, how old are u man? The spurs got just as much or more bullshit help from the refs than the mavs did. Game 1 was fucking pitiful. So what if Dirk sat out because of a hyperextended knee? You are only proving your ignorance here. A hyperextened knee can either be very minor or very serious. Dirk may have folded in the finals, I won't argue with that. But that's not the trend throughout his career. Nobody calls him a choker when he hits the game winner or when he scores 50 points and single handedly leads the Mavericks to victory. You can't base all of your argument on one playoff series. The dude has been in the league 7 seasons and for most of his career he has not been known to fold like he did in the finals. You claim people call you a "hater", but it's true, your argument is so weak. 99.9% of the fans here or anywhere will agree that Dirk is a superstar. You don't have to like the guy, or even think he's top 5 in the NBA. But you can't deny that he's top 10 and a superstar.

:blah :blah Superstars arent soft ass pussies. Superstars can handle physical ball which Dirk Cant...Period!! When you play Physical/Riley Ball on Dirk he becomes what he truly is..an all-star. Sadly enough the finals was the only team that they faced in the playoffs who stayed true to themselves and made the Mavs adjust to their game. Also you have no right to bitch about the refs on game fucking 1 compared to the load of bullshit calls dirk got away with in games 3 and 4 which were by far worse.

mabber
08-30-2006, 07:15 AM

I'm not really interested in this stupid argument anymore, but at least know WTF you're talking about...

First...Dirk plays hurt all the time. He came back and played in playoffs vs. Spurs a few years ago after having his teeth knocked out. He plays on badly sprained ankles ALL THE TIME. How is he afraid of physical play??? He's just not as good at low post play than he is at midpost-perimeter play (it's what makes him a tough matchup for everyone). It's his position, it's where the coaches want him to play, plus if he were afraid of physical play he certainly wouldn't go to the free throw line as much as he does :lol

Next...Dirk WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY by Nellie after hyper-extending his knee. He was pissed about not being allowed to play but Nellie wouldn't let him risk it that early in his career.

Lastly, what star doesn't get calls from refs to bail them out? See Wade...see Duncan and yes, see Dirk.

You really need to think before you type :drunk :smokin

MarkCuban
08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! THE REFS SCREWED GERMANY OER BIG TIME! NOWITZKI WAS TRIPPED,KICKED IIN THE SHINS, TACKLED,CLOTHESLINED,AND REFS DO NOTHING!!!??? :madrun :cuss
i've had enough of this BS. im flying over there right now, :madrun and hopefully i'll make it in time for the Argentina-spain game. in which i'll march onto the center of the court, and not move until they give Gernmany the win :elephant

Dirk is a warrior. no help from the refs. he didnt even get his minimum of 20+ free throws? :wtf

i almost choked on David Sterns's penis after looking at the box scores of that game :madrun :oops

StylisticS
08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
What an ugly game. Dirk missed shots that he usually makes and the entire US team missed shots that they usually make. Wade again proves how much I cringe when he is going full speed. He can be a turnover machine at times. Now that Dirk is out...REST

ponky
08-30-2006, 07:49 AM
:blah :blah Superstars arent soft ass pussies. Superstars can handle physical ball which Dirk Cant...Period!! When you play Physical/Riley Ball on Dirk he becomes what he truly is..an all-star. Sadly enough the finals was the only team that they faced in the playoffs who stayed true to themselves and made the Mavs adjust to their game. Also you have no right to bitch about the refs on game fucking 1 compared to the load of bullshit calls dirk got away with in games 3 and 4 which were by far worse.

Wade couldn't handle an easy breakaway in the Germany/USA game so he flailed on the floor crying about his eye. Same old shit.

ambchang
08-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Why is not playing well choking/soft? I never get that. Is it at all possible that it happens the Heat matches up well with the Dirk, and the Mavs doesn't match up well with Dwayne? Is Shaq now a choker because he performed poorly and requires his "sidekick" to help him out?
BTW, Dirk is a VERY borderline superstar, I won't personally put him there. To me, it's a very select category, but that is up to anybody's own interpretation.

NBA Junkie
08-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Dirk wasn't much of a factor at all during the game. I thought the US did a good job of making him work for his points. I thought Chris Bosh did a decent job of staying with Dirk defensively when he was assigned to guard him.

ponky
What an ugly game. Dirk missed shots that he usually makes and the entire US team missed shots that they usually make. Wade again proves how much I cringe when he is going full speed. He can be a turnover machine at times. Now that Dirk is out...REST

I didn't expect Germany to win but seeing that fourth quarter steal by Nowitzki on Wade was cool...and what's to cringe about Wade, he sucked bigtime, Melo was the champ today, extending the lead in the third quarter.

DFW Spurs
U.S. 85, Germany 65. Discussion is over. Dirk had 15 points. Someone please shut this fucking thread down.

P.S. Mavs fans - Get dirks dick out of your mouths, he's not the second coming of MJ.....

cherylsteele
08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Right.....He hit the shot that basically ended the Grizz playoff run
Grizz.....and playoff run......now there is an oxymoron.

ponky
08-30-2006, 08:01 AM
U.S. 85, Germany 65. Discussion is over. Dirk had 15 points. Someone please shut this fucking thread down.

P.S. Mavs fans - Get dirks dick out of your mouths, he's not the second coming of MJ.....

Wow, you're classy.

DFW Spurs
08-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Wow, you're classy.

No, just tired of all mavs fans arguments and contridictions. "we be the spurs" or "your championships are the past" "dirk made all NBA twice". Well guess what, a new season is upon us in a few months and all that means shit. Everyone gets a clean slate. And Dirk is not a superstar, he's not even on the same level as Duncan. So lets start a new thread please.

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM

Who said he was??

Well guess what, a new season is upon us in a few months and all that means shit. Everyone gets a clean slate. And Dirk is not a superstar, he's not even on the same level as Duncan. So lets start a new thread please.

New season and another 26-27 ppg and 8-10 rpg from Dirk...the guy that broke the Spurs' fan's hearts in game 7 IN San Antonio with a hard drive to the hoop, scoring thru a dumb foul (choke) by Manu, and a clutch FT... :fro

Who cares if he's a "superstar"...that's an opinion. He IS one of the toughest covers in the league and a 1st team forward, ahead of *gasp* Duncan (the Superstar) last season...

cheguevara
08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
hahahahaha Dirk CHOKED!!!!

http://www.peteandjane.com/jessica/gallery/year02/month08/photo025.jpg

DFW Spurs
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
He IS one of the toughest covers in the league and a 1st team forward, ahead of *gasp* Duncan (the Superstar) last season...

Last "Season". A "Season". It was only one "Season". So your argument is a moot point. Hope he can do it two years in a row. :elephant

mabber
08-30-2006, 09:21 AM

Yeah, that game was ridiculous. USA's domination on the glass in the 2nd half was the biggest difference. USA is going to have to shoot much better to win the gold.

I'm really impressed with Melo...he seems to have stepped up his game up big time. We'll know for sure this coming season, but I'm guessing the confidence he's getting now will be invaluable. It's fairly obvious that LeBron & Melo are the best players on this team. The alpha dogs always lead the way. Wade is a really good player but he needs his ShaqDaddy around to help him.

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Who cares if he's a "superstar"...that's an opinion. He IS one of the toughest covers in the league and a 1st team forward, ahead of *gasp* Duncan (the Superstar) last season...

You forgot . . .

:cheer :cheer :cheer

THREEE-POINT CHAMPIO0000OOON!

:elephant :elephant :elephant

:flypig :flypig :flypig

:bike: :bike: :bike:

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Last "Season". A "Season". It was only one "Season". So your argument is a moot point. Hope he can do it two years in a row. :elephant

He will... :fro

and LEONARD get Hermann the Germanns Schlong out of your mouth, it bothers him while he's trying to shoot free throws

Good one... :lol

He shoots 88-90%...I hope the Spurs have worked on their FT shooting this summer...

You forgot . . .

THREEE-POINT CHAMPIO0000OOON!

[/CENTER]

Damn right... :fro

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh, I forgot . . . *

NBA Junkie
08-30-2006, 10:24 AM
lebron has been sucking like herbert hoover this whole tournamnet.

Are you joking? Just because he's not scoring points doesn't mean he's been a valuable asset to the team.

He's basically doing the intangible things he's not able to do in Cleveland since he's not obviously surrounded by a better cast than he has been with team USA. I believe he's second on the team in assists, and coach K has been singing his praises over his leadership of the team.

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh, I forgot . . . *

* Best 3 point shooting 7 footer ever

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
* Best 3 point shooting 7 footer ever

*When given generous application of Zebra-Aid(TM).

samikeyp
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
He shoots 88-90%...I hope the Spurs have worked on their FT shooting this summer...

Why screw up tradition? :lol

mabber
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM

I'm just hoping that Dirk will one day reach Duncan's lofty "Zebra-Aid(TM) getting" status. Then we will know he's arrived as a true superstar in the NBA.

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/94343.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/94345.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/94344.jpg

:fro

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm just hoping that Dirk will one day reach Duncan's lofty "Zebra-Aid(TM) getting" status. Then we will know he's arrived as a true superstar in the NBA.

From the Fort Worth Star Telegram: (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/columnists/pete_alfano/14870206.htm)

Fans who want to complain about how often Wade got to the free-throw line in the Finals should remember that Nowitzki set an NBA record for most free throws made in the playoffs.

shaggy17
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm not really interested in this stupid argument anymore, but at least know WTF you're talking about...

First...Dirk plays hurt all the time. He came back and played in playoffs vs. Spurs a few years ago after having his teeth knocked out. He plays on badly sprained ankles ALL THE TIME. How is he afraid of physical play??? He's just not as good at low post play than he is at midpost-perimeter play (it's what makes him a tough matchup for everyone). It's his position, it's where the coaches want him to play, plus if he were afraid of physical play he certainly wouldn't go to the free throw line as much as he does :lol

Next...Dirk WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY by Nellie after hyper-extending his knee. He was pissed about not being allowed to play but Nellie wouldn't let him risk it that early in his career.

Lastly, what star doesn't get calls from refs to bail them out? See Wade...see Duncan and yes, see Dirk.

You really need to think before you type :drunk :smokin

:rolleyes :blah :blah :blah When Miami constantly punished him for driving it affected his game dramatically. The other 3 teams before the heat didnt make him pay for driving to the hoop due to being small and didnt give him hard fouls or it was alot of bullshit calls that he got away with. Riley's method was "if they are going to call bullshit fouls on this guy, at least make him feel some pain" and that method alone affected Dirk along with most of the other Mavs. They were afraid to go to the hoop because of knowing they were going to get the shit knocked out of them especially Dirk. He plays on badly sprained ankles all the time?? :lol I'd love to see him have 1 ankle that suffered a 2nd degree sprain and the other ankle suffer a 1st degree in the middle of the playoffs. Also if he wouldnt try stepping on peoples feet to get fouls called in his favor that might help.

Second point Dirk is the player who had the injury and he was their best player. If he wanted to play that badly he would of despite what Nelly said. Doctors cleared him to play and Nelly doesnt know how dirk felt...only Dirk did. As I said, If Dirk wanted to play that badly he would of done every possible thing to get on the court.

Finally to an extent superstars do get calls from the refs to get bailed out but they are also clutch and can handle the constant beating they take night after night. Wade/Duncan/Iverson etc those players take the pain and the hacking,beating every night and constantly stay agressive but they also dont rely on the refs to be clutch for them all the fucking time. Sure they may even flop sometimes but most of the time they get their ass knocked down to the floor and get up and do it all over again. Dirk cant endure that type of consistent physical play in a 7 game series because it wears him down and he HATES that style of play. He is a very talented player, but he is inconsistent in terms of intangables when referring to being a superstar.

Also btw Germany didnt win today so there end that speculation. :lol

J.T.
08-30-2006, 01:15 PM
US is always making Deutschland their bitch.

See WWI, WWII, Beerfest the movie, and now FIBA.

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/94344.jpg

AAC trophy case, empty no more!

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
AAC trophy case, empty no more!

Damn right... :fro

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
US is always making Deutschland their bitch.

See WWI, WWII, Beerfest the movie, and now FIBA.

They still got us on actual beer, though.

JamStone
08-30-2006, 02:12 PM
hahahahaha Dirk CHOKED!!!!

http://www.peteandjane.com/jessica/gallery/year02/month08/photo025.jpg

Uhhh, Tim Duncan 2004 Olympics?

mavs>spurs2
08-30-2006, 02:25 PM

The games were equally bad on both sides. Spurs fans think they got screwed because they lost, mav fans don't talk about it because we won. If the spurs would have won, mav fans would be saying they got screwed. And Dirk CAN handle physical ball but didn't do so in the finals. He will have to learn to handle it better because most teams now probably see it as a glaring weakness of his, you're right there. But Dirk is a superstar and he will learn to adjust.

mavs>spurs2
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
This argument is retarded. One one side we got the 12 year old shaggy trying to make a point that Dirk isn't a superstar. Someone please explain to me how you can be 1st team all NBA and not be a superstar. Only 5 people make 1st team, for all you stupid fans that means that he was considered top 5 in the league last season. Since when is top 5 in the entire league not good enough to be superstar? And don't forget about the other spur posters, who unlike shaggy, seem to be older than 12 years old but still act immature by telling people to "Get Dirk's schlong out of their mouth." I thought spur fans claimed to be smart about basketball and to be classy.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Did he choke on a piece of popcorn? He spent most of the 2004 olympics on the bench, and that's hardly his fault.

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Dirk driving to the hole>Dirk taking a wild 3 in game 7 vs. Spurs. He could have easily took a wild 3 then, but what did he do?

ShoogarBear
08-30-2006, 03:38 PM
But Dirk is a superstar

THUPERTHAR!
http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc519/th_70126_sup08b_122_519lo.jpg (http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70126_sup08b_122_519lo.jpg)

cheguevara
08-30-2006, 03:57 PM

read the name of the thread.

Everyone in team USA choked in the olympics btw.

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Dirk driving to the hole>Dirk taking a wild 3 in game 7 vs. Spurs. He could have easily took a wild 3 then, but what did he do?

So much for being soft.

Zunni
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
All of the Mav wet pant fan boys get their comeuppance, and I don't even have to watch their shrieks of dismay. Sweet.

mavs>spurs2
08-30-2006, 08:53 PM
All of the Mav wet pant fan boys get their comeuppance, and I don't even have to watch their shrieks of dismay. Sweet.

:lmao Do you speak English?

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 08:58 PM
:lmao Do you speak English?

He's a new Spurs fan, so he's trying to get himself known.

shaggy17
08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
This argument is retarded. One one side we got the 12 year old shaggy trying to make a point that Dirk isn't a superstar. Someone please explain to me how you can be 1st team all NBA and not be a superstar. Only 5 people make 1st team, for all you stupid fans that means that he was considered top 5 in the league last season. Since when is top 5 in the entire league not good enough to be superstar? And don't forget about the other spur posters, who unlike shaggy, seem to be older than 12 years old but still act immature by telling people to "Get Dirk's schlong out of their mouth." I thought spur fans claimed to be smart about basketball and to be classy.

:rolleyes :rolleyes :blah its retarded because its true. As I have been saying all along THE HEAT WERE THE ONLY TEAM WHO GAVE DIRK A PHYSICAL BEATING DUE TO STAYING BIG IN THIS YEARS PLAYOFFS!!The Grizz/Spurs/Suns went small and gave up layups and didnt constantly get extremely physical with them. Dirk had an amazing seasons and he is a very talented player BUT if you dont consistintly have the necessary intangables(handling agressive 48 minute aggressive play) that it takes to be a SUPERSTAR then you are not one! Over the years the same old shit had happened to dirk and it reoccurred again but at a later time in the playoffs. Iverson/Kobe/Duncan/Bron/Wade can perform regardless of teams that are VERY PHYSICAL or go small and play soft on them. Dirk isnt in that class which therefore means he is an allstar! :rolleyes Wow gotta throw the "12 year old" card at me how creative. :lol The ONLY way I will label Dirk as a legit superstar is if I see him being able to handle teams who continue to knock him on his ass consistintly and still produce and overcome all that. I am talking in terms of the playoffs in a 7 game series.Teams who stay BIG and make him feel tons of bumps and bruises. If Dirk doesnt fold like the soft ass pussy that he truly is then I will change the label on what kind of star he is.

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 09:24 PM
^ Someone didn't see the game where Dirk twisted his ankle. :rolleyes

Dirk Nowitzki
08-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey Shaggy SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT! You have got to be a dumbass if you think Dirk isnt a superstar. The fucker gives it his all day in and day out yet you claim you know alot about the game of basketball. Oh and stop using the refs as the excuse on why we dethroned you guys in your own house. If you wont label Dirk as a superstar then you might as well label the other elite nba players as allstars as well. God what an idiot!!

confined
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :blah its retarded because its true. As I have been saying all along THE HEAT WERE THE ONLY TEAM WHO GAVE DIRK A PHYSICAL BEATING DUE TO STAYING BIG IN THIS YEARS PLAYOFFS!!The Grizz/Spurs/Suns went small and gave up layups and didnt constantly get extremely physical with them. Dirk had an amazing seasons and he is a very talented player BUT if you dont consistintly have the necessary intangables(handling agressive 48 minute aggressive play) that it takes to be a SUPERSTAR then you are not one! Over the years the same old shit had happened to dirk and it reoccurred again but at a later time in the playoffs. Iverson/Kobe/Duncan/Bron/Wade can perform regardless of teams that are VERY PHYSICAL or go small and play soft on them. Dirk isnt in that class which therefore means he is an allstar! :rolleyes Wow gotta throw the "12 year old" card at me how creative. :lol The ONLY way I will label Dirk as a legit superstar is if I see him being able to handle teams who continue to knock him on his ass consistintly and still produce and overcome all that. I am talking in terms of the playoffs in a 7 game series.Teams who stay BIG and make him feel tons of bumps and bruises. If Dirk doesnt fold like the soft ass pussy that he truly is then I will change the label on what kind of star he is.

translation.....shaggy sucks timmy's dick

confined
08-30-2006, 10:43 PM

hes never watched a game so of course he didnt see that one...that guy seriously needs to get over himself

MarkCuban
08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Shaggy SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT! You have got to be a dumbass if you think Dirk isnt a superstar. The fucker gives it his all day in and day out yet you claim you know alot about the game of basketball. Oh and stop using the refs as the excuse on why we dethroned you guys in your own house. If you wont label Dirk as a superstar then you might as well label the other elite nba players as allstars as well. God what an idiot!!

is that you DIRK??? :worthy:

mavs>spurs2
08-30-2006, 10:56 PM

Seriously if the NBA coaches thought the same as you, Dirk would not have been first team all NBA. Get over it, like him or not he is a superstar. He will learn to handle the physical play, mark my words.

THE SIXTH MAN
08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
mark my words.

Saying "mark my words" has got to be the most super fag thing a guy can do.

StylisticS
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
and what's to cringe about Wade, he sucked bigtime, Melo was the champ today, extending the lead in the third quarter.

you mean, what's not to cringe. The man is a beast. but he also is a turnover machine. He will make you ask yourself "How did he do that" for 2 things. His athleticism and his turnovers.

milkyway21
08-31-2006, 02:17 AM
will he officially be the best player in the NBA? Hate on haters NO. Because he can't. the U.S. team. Last night the U.S. turned into cold-shooters and still he didn't win, he choked. what if ....
No, I don't think so.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/kelly_dwyer/08/30/usa.germany/tx_usagermany.jpg

may i ask what team did the Mavs fans wanted to win U.S. or Dirk's? :lol how unpatriotic (or funny?), it was it they cheered for Germany instead of their own.

mavs>spurs2
08-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Saying "mark my words" has got to be the most super fag thing a guy can do.

Calling someone "super fag" is alot worse.

Amarelooms
08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Are own? Ummm hello America is a melting pot. I could care less about the US winning...they are suppose to. No other country has that level of talent. Hell Dirk was the only player worth a crap on the German team.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Are own? Ummm hello America is a melting pot. I could care less about the US winning...they are suppose to. No other country has that level of talent. Hell Dirk was the only player worth a crap on the German team.

:tu

The only other player I even knew was Green.

THE SIXTH MAN
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Calling someone "super fag" is alot worse.
Great comeback :rolleyes

shaggy17
08-31-2006, 11:46 PM

The game where Dirk stepped on Duncans foot which resulted in a 6th foul?? That was a bullshit call not to mention twisting your ankle and spraining it are two different things!!. If you want to talk dealing with ankle sprains look at Duncan led us to a title on 2 ankles sprains compared to a pussy ass twist.

shaggy17
08-31-2006, 11:48 PM
hes never watched a game so of course he didnt see that one...that guy seriously needs to get over himself

Wow you have to use the "he sucks his dick" comeback.....WEAK!!
Yeah calling Dirk soft because of watching him over the years and him proving it literally on the court shows I dont know shit about the game. Another WEAK childish comeback which sadly dissapoints me.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
The game where Dirk stepped on Duncans foot which resulted in a 6th foul?? That was a bullshit call not to mention twisting your ankle and spraining it are two different things!!. If you want to talk dealing with ankle sprains look at Duncan led us to a title on 2 ankles sprains compared to a pussy ass twist.

Hey Dumbass stop being bitter cuz the Mavs own the Spurs now. If you are such a smart person then explain to me how you are going to beat the Mavs next year with your wing players if anything you added an older player in Eric Williams. You have 2 at best average bigs and a horrible 3rd string pg who cant shoot. I really get laughs out of Spurs fans who think they can beat us with that roster that they have. And stop being a fucking prick about Dirk. The guy is a SUPERSTAR weather you like it or not. IF ANYONE here also thinks Dirk isnt a superstar is a fucking retard/hater and thats the truth!

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey Dumbass stop being bitter cuz the Mavs own the Spurs now. If you are such a smart person then explain to me how you are going to beat the Mavs next year with your wing players if anything you added an older player in Eric Williams. You have 2 at best average bigs and a horrible 3rd string pg who cant shoot. I really get laughs out of Spurs fans who think they can beat us with that roster that they have. And stop being a fucking prick about Dirk. The guy is a SUPERSTAR weather you like it or not. IF ANYONE here also thinks Dirk isnt a superstar is a fucking retard/hater and thats the truth!
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqGP_600_060620.jpg
Superstars don't choke when it counts. :fro

Dirk Nowitzki
09-01-2006, 01:13 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqGP_600_060620.jpg
Superstars don't choke when it counts. :fro

So Stock and Malone arent superstars? KG isnt a superstar??? Kobe and Shaq arent Superstars cuz they lost in the finals? What is your point?? Plus has your team found that sf yet? lmfaooooooooo

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 01:22 AM
So Stock and Malone arent superstars? KG isnt a superstar??? Kobe and Shaq arent Superstars cuz they lost in the finals? What is your point?? Plus has your team found that sf yet? lmfaooooooooo

:lol Dirk isn't even close to having the same kind of numbers and success that Malone and Stockton have. Those guys set records that probably will never be broken. Most people would argue that KG isn't a superstar. Shaq and Kobe lead the Lakers to a three championships. So what the fuck are you talking about? As far as the sf issue the off season isn't over yet :spin .

Buddy Holly
09-01-2006, 01:40 AM

Dumb dumb dumb.

Fuck... win something kid, win something and then talk shit. Pie eating contests don't count so quit trying to use your 4 year in a row record county pie eating ribbons as proof.

Now go the fuck to bed.

mavs>spurs2
09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Great comeback :rolleyes

Wasn't meant to be a comeback. Just pointing out the fact that you call me a fag for saying mark my words, then say something very borderline gay yourself. Fucking hypocrite.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Wasn't meant to be a comeback. Just pointing out the fact that you call me a fag for saying mark my words, then say something very borderline gay yourself. Fucking hypocrite.
:lol
What a fag.

Shank
09-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Gone for a couple weeks...I come back to read around and it's the same old bullshit around here.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Gone for a couple weeks...I come back to read around and it's the same old bullshit around here.

Go away for a few more.
You weren't missed.
And yeah, your co-horts took up the slack in your absence and continued to get owned as per usual.

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Go away for a few more.
You weren't missed.
And yeah, your co-horts took up the slack in your absence and continued to get owned as per usual.

And when did that happen? As far as I've seen it, there's been no owning of any kind. Just the same ole' mavs choked shit. If that's what you call owning, you're one stupid fuck.

confined
09-02-2006, 03:03 PM
And when did that happen? As far as I've seen it, there's been no owning of any kind. Just the same ole' mavs choked shit. If that's what you call owning, you're one stupid fuck.

haha honestly thats all they can say

BUMP
09-02-2006, 05:15 PM
but Mavs Man 41 gets his ass owned every time. i cant lie cause its funny as hell how stupid he looks when he comes on here :lol

Shank
09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Who's the death metal faggot?