PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jones out for the year.

slayermin
08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Torn ACL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564063

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm no FootballJerk (I think I'm a strong AA player and am classified as a FootballAsshole), but this has to drop Fred Taylor's value some with a lesser blocker stepping in.

slayermin
08-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I would agree Blaze. But it's not a skill position. You might get lucky and find a backup tightend to fill the role.

FromWayDowntown
08-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm no FootballJerk (I think I'm a strong AA player and am classified as a FootballAsshole), but this has to drop Fred Taylor's value some with a lesser blocker stepping in.

Could go either way, I think. Taylor will miss Jones as a fullback, but the injury would seem to ensure that Taylor will get the bulk of the carries in Jacksonville for so long as Fragile Freddy can stay healthy himself. As one who has Taylor as a 4th back, I'm hoping for a season from Fred that doesn't include a major injury, but I know that that's unlikely.

In the real world, I'm not sure how this can be a good thing for the Jags.

I promise, Johnny, I'm not chasing you around.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I think the likelihood of injury and increased carriers, while a good risk if you can get Taylor on the cheap or later rounds, decreases the value of a strong blocker if JAC can't find a suitable replacement.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, there's another wasted pick.