PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY! - Lawyer needed NOW!

ObiwanGinobili
08-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey -

Does anyone have the name of a reputable Real Estate Lawyer???
I need a name and # ASAP to help out my in-laws who are in danger of losing the house they are selling and losing the buyer.

BAsically they are not behind at all on their mortgage and they have a contract on it for someone who is willign to pay the asking but it is all falling apart as Wells Fargo (thier mortgage co) has taken control of the house and is going thru all the motions to forclose!

don;t know how the hell they are getting away with this but it;s total BS> My in-laws live part time in New Braunfels and part time at thier old-house. They were totally kicked out this weekend. While they were in NB Wells Fargo came changed the locks adn threw out all thier stuff disconected all the utilities etc etc. This is after they all ready thought they had everythign straightened out with WF last week over them taking dow nthe realty sign and locks. UGH!!!

SO WF is giving my in-laws the run around. Tellign them they are not forclosing and that thier is nothing on thier account it;s all clear blah blah blha.
BUT thier actions, the paper work they are faxing all over town and now they gave it over to Century 21 to access it.. well that tells a differnet story.

PLEASE ladies & gentleman.
If you have dealt with any good real estate lawyer or heard of one or had a friend who had a good experiance... PLEASE POST OR PM SOON!!!

Thanks.

ObiwanGinobili
08-28-2006, 05:05 PM
oh yeah- Spanish speaking a plus.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't understand the story at all, how can the bank take over their house if they aren't behind on their mortgage or anything?

Anyway, FromWayDowntown might know someone that can help you.

Good luck.

ObiwanGinobili
08-28-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't understand the story at all, how can the bank take over their house if they aren't behind on their mortgage or anything?

EXACTLY!!

And every body at Wells Fargo has a different story too. "NO we didn;t change teh locks and disconnect your utilities".. Yes we did , but thats becasue you are in forclosure" "well we did not but you are in forclosure.. but you are up to date on your mortgage, i see that here"

ugh.

one guy at the main office told them alot of folks cut and run on thier mortgages..
But i don;t see how that remote possibility would make anything they are doing legal.

Plus it;s like Wells Fargo isn;t even sure what Wells fargo is doing except that they are always right and my in-laws are always wrong.

tlongII
08-28-2006, 05:24 PM
My mortgage is through Wells Fargo. I'll be interested to hear what becomes of this situation...

phyzik
08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
It could be an honest mistake on Wells Fargo's part but honestly thats highly unlikely. As bad as it is, the "big bad banks" aren't intentionally out to rip people off. there could be lots of reasons, first thing that comes to mind is identity theft.

Keep working with them over the phone, take it presidential if you have to (most banks have an option for this, it lets you bypass all the jumping through telephone hoops and go straight to the top). I'll tell you this though, in most cases the bank is in the right barring something like identity theft or something similar.

Hopefully you can get a hold of someone who knows wtf they are doing and they will place an investigation (Im suprised they havnt offered this).

Hate to tell you, by the time this is straightened out the payoff good-thru date will probably have passed at Wells Fargo and there is no amount of legal pressure that can get it expidited thanks to federal regulations.

Nbadan
08-28-2006, 06:01 PM
@!@!!@#$@!! big banks!

Find a real estate attorney in SA (http://mysanantonio.lawinfo.com/expert/realestate/)

ShoogarBear
08-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I believe this is how Bonnie and Clyde got their start.

Das Texan
08-28-2006, 06:11 PM
sticky situation.

the first thing obviously would be to look over the deed of trust and make sure you are fully aware of what it states.

second, if at all possible, have the inlaws obtain copies of all their payments to said deed of trust.

generally when there is a default on payment, there is no real estate agents used generally speaking as the property is put up for auction on the steps of the courthouse, usually on the first tuesday of the month, but it would depend on what the deed of trust states in regards to what happens in case of default.

hard to say without seeing all the documents and knowing all the information on said property though.

SequSpur
08-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Impossible... I respect your story, but they don't take your got damn house for no reason....

it takes alot of legal maneuvering to get someone out of their house. ask a renter...

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2006, 07:51 AM
OK guys - I got a few leads on Lawyers and we are going to talk with someone later today.
Thanks! :tu

Hopefully this all goes away and gets straightened up quick. (I pray I pray I pray)

Except that this thing just gets weirder and weirder. After one Wells Fargo office denied locking up the house and disconecting the septic, well and pump and locking the front gate.... they got a voice mail message form another Wells Fargo with the combo #;s for said locks.
The latest fax to the realty company said "re: abandoned property".
And last night they were contacted by an 'investigator" who is trying to "discover" if they are the actual owners of the property.

Anyway. I will let you all know how this turns out.

DarkReign
08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
My mortgage is through Wells Fargo. I'll be interested to hear what becomes of this situation...

Funny thing. I live in Michigan and my mortgage is thru WF.

Great %

Mouse's Lawyer
08-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I know a couple of people for the job. Give me a call at 210-456-1458

CubanMustGo
08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
OK guys - I got a few leads on Lawyers and we are going to talk with someone later today.
Thanks! :tu

Hopefully this all goes away and gets straightened up quick. (I pray I pray I pray)

Except that this thing just gets weirder and weirder. After one Wells Fargo office denied locking up the house and disconecting the septic, well and pump and locking the front gate.... they got a voice mail message form another Wells Fargo with the combo #;s for said locks.
The latest fax to the realty company said "re: abandoned property".
And last night they were contacted by an 'investigator" who is trying to "discover" if they are the actual owners of the property.

Anyway. I will let you all know how this turns out.

This sounds scary, like someone has stolen your identity or is trying to pull a fast one on WF. Good luck with the lawyers and dealing with WF, too.

It probably would not hurt to get a copy of your credit report to make sure nothing funny is going on there.

mcornelio
08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey obi,
keep us up to date on this thread... this is some interesting.... about as soap operaish as i can get... too bad about your in laws though, id like to know what happened here...

Kori Ellis
09-08-2006, 03:39 PM
So what happened?

johnsmith
09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
So what happened?

Nothing really.

ObiwanGinobili
09-08-2006, 04:07 PM
So what happened?

Well not everythign is resolved yet.

But so far..

tehy have gotton a lawyer who has gotten them back control of the house.
Althoguh WF maintians they were not illeglaing forclosing , nor were they forclosing but that they were "protecting" thier interest in the property.
uh. whatever.
Meanwhile WF has paid for damage they or thier agents did to the house and locks. They re-paid the realtor for stealing her sign, and they re-imbursed the realtor for all the fees the other realtors charged her when they couldn;t show the property to clients.

There is a contract on the house right now so everythign is kinda up in the air.

As for the faxes that were going to the realator with headings like " re: abandond property" and "in regards to forclosure at blah blah blah county road"
WF says that it was an innocent mistake of forgetting to backspace on an oft use template.

My in-laws did get a copy of thier payment records and they have made 8 payments this year (all due on the 23rd of the month so thats up to date) but WF is considering them 30 days behind since they are paying 2 days late consistantly. (2 days after the 10 day window... so 12 days actually).

Everythign is "settled" as in no dust is flying around. But my in-laws are on edge untill this sale goes thru.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Sounds like Wells Fargo f'ed up and are doing some serious backpedeling. "Forgetting to backspace"? Bullshit.

ObiwanGinobili
09-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Wells Fargo f'ed up and are doing some serious backpedeling. "Forgetting to backspace"? Bullshit.

yep. forgetting to backspace more than 1 time on more than 1 day too.

whatever. :rolleyes

at this point we (my in laws et all) just want this house sold, $$ in the pocket an put it all behind us.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Sounds like they might be able to get some punitive damages for the shit they got put through, if they were so inclined.