PDA

View Full Version : Jermichael Finley

LaMarcus Bryant
08-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Word around the Drag is that he added twenty five pounds of pure muscle. He's up to 225 now, and coaches say his blocking has improved tremendously.

Twenty five pounds of muthle to add to your huthle?

This kid is gonna blow up this season. :madrun

tlongII
08-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I bet an Ohio State linebacker will "blow him up!" :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Dude the ohio state mascot is a fucking little tree

JMarkJohns
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm in complete agreement, from everything I've read about him in the past to this new piece of info (about added muscle), if true, with his desire and heart he should be a force.

Damn I wish he held that commit to the Wildcats, but you can't really ever fault a kid for eventually choosing his dream school. He will be a great get.

Is he playing basketball at Texas as well? He was football scholly and basketball walk-on when he was verbaled to Arizona. I believe he was a 4-star wideout and a 3-star (still top-100 however) wing.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
he chose texas football over arizona football AND basketball

JMarkJohns
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
he chose texas football over arizona football AND basketball

I know. He's from Texas, so I was never really surprised.

Is he going to play basketball for Texas?

tlongII
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Dude the ohio state mascot is a fucking little tree

That will suck to get a beat down from a fucking little tree.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-28-2006, 08:02 PM
jmarksjohns: No.

TlongII: As incredibly H.erotic as a little tree mascott is, it still owns getting beat down by A SOOOONERRRRRRRRRRR sorry los patos!!

scott
08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
TlongII: As incredibly H.erotic as a little tree mascott is, it still owns getting beat down by A SOOOONERRRRRRRRRRR sorry los patos!!

Don't worry... both UT and Oregon will be rolled by OU this year.

BEEEEEEEEEOTCH

StylisticS
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM

BEEEEEEEEEOTCH

You mean the University of Texas at Norman.

JMarkJohns
08-28-2006, 11:25 PM
jmarksjohns: No.

Have the low-down as to why? He's so athletic, I would love to see him in a quality basketball program. Oh well.

He's got pro-potential as a receiver. Especially if he's added 20+ pounds.

Ballcox
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
I think J. Finley is going to have a huge season this year, he'll split time with Tweedie at the TE spot, but still get plenty of playing time. As for basketball, my main thought is that both the football and basketball program are at such high levels nationally that it would be really tough to play both (and get steady PT). From what I've heard from Finley, he's just sees that there is more potential for him to get noticed and play steady minutes as a TE. I do think he could play both sports if he wanted, but I don't have a problem with him concentrating on just football, I think he's going to be a good one.

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM

BEEEEEEEEEOTCH

A Queen Wuss calling people "BEEEEEEEEEOTCH"??? :lol

MajorMike
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM

BEEEEEEEEEOTCH

:rollin :lmao :frying: :flypig

LaMarcus Bryant
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Texas has not ruled out the possibility of double TE sets. I dont think double TE formations had much success when we had Thomas and SCAIFE

mookie2001
08-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Texas has not ruled out the possibility of double TE sets.ROFL revolutionary

JMarkJohns
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I never realized Finley was being recruited to play TE at Texas. I'm pretty sure he was going to be a wideout at Arizona. I was never aware he had much in the way of blocking skills.

Wasn't he a wideout in high school?

Maybe that's what I remember. Wideout as a prep who happened to be a 4-star prospect.

Whichever, he's still a great get.

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Tweedie & JFin will play 2gether & split much time.
I don't see any other UT TE getting more than about 10-15% of TE play......most of it is going to Tweedie & JFin.

tlongII
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
If his name is Jermichael he can't be any good...