PDA

View Full Version : Us Open

Spurologist
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Roddick will win this years US OPEN. Take that to the bank.

Finally, the last tournament of the legend of Andre Agassi.

How about some US OPEN vbookies?

mavsfan1000
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Nadal or Federer will win the US Open. Roddick will lose to one of those 2 players.

leemajors
08-29-2006, 04:20 PM
advantage, AGASSI! damn that skit was awesome.

Duncan21
08-29-2006, 04:54 PM
nadal will beat federer in the final!

mavsfan1000
08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
nadal will beat federer in the final!
I agreer. Nadal beat Federer earlier this year on hard court. The high ball gives Federer problems.

Spurologist
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Kori, could please change the thread title to The Official US OPEN Thread

Pistons < Spurs
08-31-2006, 11:44 PM
HOLY SHIT! What a great match.

The farewell tour for Agassi in this US Open has been awesome!

Andre has been playing his heart out.

You have to give credit to Baghdatis for the way he came back from being down 2 sets to 1 and down 4-0 in the 4th. How he fought off the cramps in his thigh is unbelievable. He could barely walk, but he was still hitting winners.

This is must watch TV.

Josh810
09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Baghdatis is a freakin beast. What a great year he's had. Seeing him fight during that one game where he could barely walk was awesome. Fans booing him = lame.

Great job, Agassi. Roddick vs. Agassi in 4th rd if Roddick gets through 2 more and Agassi wins one more. That would be something.

kingsfan
09-01-2006, 12:58 AM
2 great matches from Agassi. This may be his last US Open but he's going down fighting. Some awesome tennis from a man competing with guys half his age. The crowd has been incredible supporting him and I hope he does get the match up against Andy. When he loses it should be to an American.
I would love to see Andre win the whole thing but I'm not holding my breath. His last match is going to be an emotional one that's for sure.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-01-2006, 05:03 AM
Baghdatis is a freakin beast. What a great year he's had. Seeing him fight during that one game where he could barely walk was awesome. Fans booing him = lame.

Great job, Agassi. Roddick vs. Agassi in 4th rd if Roddick gets through 2 more and Agassi wins one more. That would be something.
Yeah I liked Baghdatis' game and heart. The fans booing? That was pretty lame, even if they're doing it for Agassi.

mavsfan1000
09-03-2006, 02:09 PM
It looks like the end of Agassi. He loses to B. Becker in 4 sets so end his career run.

Spurologist
09-03-2006, 05:31 PM
B Becker. The name is that dominated tennis for part of Agassi's career knocks out the legend. It's actually Benjamin Becker, but I think it would have been fitting for Roddick to knock out Agassi.

Arthur Ashe Stadium would have been a riot.

FortuneCookie
09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
John: What is that gadget she has for holding her ball, Christine? Christine: It's called a ball-holder, John.
COMMENTATORS, US Open, Radio 5 Live

Lucky Numbers: 5, 8, 12, 33, 42, 56

mavsfan1000
09-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Nadal got beat again. This ends my hopes of a dream final of Nadal/Federer. Nadal is the only one that can beat Federer but now you just hand Federer the trophy.

Spurologist
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Roddick will win the US OPEN like I said.

Take that to the BANK

leemajors
09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
blake can pull of the upset, but i think it would take his best game vs a so so game from federer.

mavsfan1000
09-07-2006, 12:09 AM

Take that to the BANK
Federer owns Roddick. Federer takes away Roddick's biggest weapon which is the serve because he blocks it back so well. It has been proven that the only way to beat Federer is to be able to hit the ball high on Federer's backhand and Nadal is the best at doing that. Especially on clay.

Spurologist
09-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Federer owns Roddick. Federer takes away Roddick's biggest weapon which is the serve because he blocks it back so well. It has been proven that the only way to beat Federer is to be able to hit the ball high on Federer's backhand and Nadal is the best at doing that. Especially on clay.

It's true that Federer does own Roddick, but Conners has added much more variety to Roddick's game. ARod now hits shots down the line with his backhand for winners. That's a shot that he never had or tried

He also uses a lot more change ups on his serve, so you have now idea where the ball is going. He has so much power on his serve that his spin serve goes as fast as anyone's fastest serve.

US OPEN Final: Roddick vs. Federer

Roddick in FIVE

Duncan21
09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
did anyone see that hot blonde ball girl and everytime she went on the court to get a ball the crowd started whistling? i think she was told to leave the game because she was causing a disterbance to the players.

does anyone have a video of it?

mavsfan1000
09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
It's true that Federer does own Roddick, but Conners has added much more variety to Roddick's game. ARod now hits shots down the line with his backhand for winners. That's a shot that he never had or tried

He also uses a lot more change ups on his serve, so you have now idea where the ball is going. He has so much power on his serve that his spin serve goes as fast as anyone's fastest serve.

US OPEN Final: Roddick vs. Federer

Roddick in FIVE
Federer has no problem with pace or change ups. Blake had tons of pace and Federer had no problems with it. Roddick doesn't have enough topspin on his shots and Federer anticipates so well that it is hard to hit winners on him. Roddick has improved but still far from Federer's level. Roddick shouldn't overlook Youzhny either since he has been on fire.

kingsfan
09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Roddick win the whole thing. Connors has helped his game a lot but more importantly his confidence is back. He was leading the US Open series coming into the tournament and he is playing very well. Of course Fed is very hard to beat but I think it will be a close match, I hope so anyway.

Spurologist
09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Federer has no problem with pace or change ups. Blake had tons of pace and Federer had no problems with it. Roddick doesn't have enough topspin on his shots and Federer anticipates so well that it is hard to hit winners on him. Roddick has improved but still far from Federer's level. Roddick shouldn't overlook Youzhny either since he has been on fire.

Roddick might not be on Federer's level, but that's the beauty of tennis. It only takes one game for all of that to change.

Roddick in FIVE

mavsfan1000
09-09-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm going with Federer in 4. The only player that bothers Federer is Nadal and that is only the case on slow kicking surface like French Open and possibly the Australian Open.

Spurologist
09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
We will see

mavsfan1000
09-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Well Sharapova knocked off Henin-Hardenne. I enjoyed that match.

Spurologist
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Federer is just too good. Roddick played an excellent second set and had a chance to send the game into a third set tie-breaker but lost the game on his serve. As soon as he lost the third set, Roddick's only hope for Federer to somehow make a lot of unforced errors. That wasn't going to happen and Federer ran through him in the fourth 6-1. Jesus. If it wasn't for Nadal, the game of tennis equals Federer. I mean, he has probably locked up the number #1 spot in the world for the rest of his playing career barring injury.

Congrats to Federer. He only has 5 more majors to go to tie Pete Sampras. Federer. Unreal

mavsfan1000
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Well as I predicted Federer in 4 sets. Roddick just doesn't match up well to Federer because Federer is the best at blocking serves in the history of tennis. Great Roddick effort but Roddick will have to improve his baseline game tremendously. I think he lacks the quickness to do that.

1Parker1
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Take that to the BANK

:lol What were you saying...? :angel

Spurologist
09-10-2006, 08:58 PM
:lol What were you saying...? :angel

I don't respond well to Cuban Disciplism.

Roddick did make the finals. That counts for something.

1Parker1
09-10-2006, 09:03 PM
:lol The guarantee wasn't that Roddick would/wouldn't make the Finals. It was that he would WIN it and..."take it to the Bank." :angel

1Parker1
09-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Besides, I'm only a Cuban Disciple for oh...about 53 more days! :elephant