PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what it is but does anyone have nextel direct connect walkietalkie?

Oscar DeLa
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't know what it is but I have one for work, but its just a walkietalkie, so its useless because nobody I know even has it!

LuvBones
08-28-2006, 10:23 PM
So.... do you start everything with 'I dont know what it is but..."?

:p

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2006, 07:43 AM
i have it and I direct connect / walkie talkies to people every day.

I'm sorry you friends don't have nextel.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 07:56 AM
It's wonderful for businesses and companies that rely on constant communication between employees. I'm also surprised as to how well it works when you are a great distance. I can be South Florida for work and radio someone back in SA and it's just as clear as if I was only 100 yards away.

08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Had a friend of mine use his when we were bird hunting in Argentina to talk to his wife in San Antonio.

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Those things are so fucking irritating. I have service guys from other companies come into my office all the time with those noisy damn things...I want to tell them to either tell their cheap ass boss to get them real phones or turn those damn things off when they come in MY office. I get called by nextel all the time and I just hang up on them.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Those things are so fucking irritating. I have service guys from other companies come into my office all the time with those noisy damn things...I want to tell them to either tell their cheap ass boss to get them real phones or turn those damn things off when they come in MY office. I get called by nextel all the time and I just hang up on them.

THey are real cellphones jackass. Furthermore, the guys coming into your office and using them are just being inconsiderate, they can silence their phones just as easily as with a regular phone not having a two-way. Also, the nextels are more expensive then most other cell phones so wouldn't that mean their boss isn't cheap? The whole reason those phones exist is so that businesses can get a hold of their employees at ALL TIMES, they can't just ignore it like you can a cell phone because the person on the other end will know. Now stop spending all your time in your office on the internet damnit.

CuckingFunt
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
The Nextel walkie talkie is the bain of my existence.

Super convenient if both parties are in a position to deal with the call, but when my coworker is giving me information from the field while I'm trying to deal with a customer in the office, there's no way I can interrupt and tell her to shut up. End up having to go over everything several times and there's always some important bit of information that gets lost in the shuffle.

08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
THey are real cellphones jackass. Furthermore, the guys coming into your office and using them are just being inconsiderate, they can silence their phones just as easily as with a regular phone not having a two-way. Also, the nextels are more expensive then most other cell phones so wouldn't that mean their boss isn't cheap? The whole reason those phones exist is so that businesses can get a hold of their employees at ALL TIMES, they can't just ignore it like you can a cell phone because the person on the other end will know. Now stop spending all your time in your office on the internet damnit.

John, did you know that decaf tastes just like real coffee?

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2006, 09:04 AM

:lmao

I just got all my employees regular cell phones. If they aren't gonna answer the phone they aren't gonna answer the radio. Both require the same signal to work. The walkie talkies just seem so demeaning compared to the privacy of a regular cell phone.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 09:05 AM

So are you implying that I'm high-strung? How are you able to decipher that merely by reading a post on a message board? Could you teach me how to do this? I figure if I was able to figure out the mood of the sender for every email I receive then it would probably really help me in my career.........God I wish there was a sarcasm button on my keyboard.

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2006, 09:05 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 09:06 AM

I just got all my employees regular cell phones. If they aren't gonna answer the phone they aren't gonna answer the radio. Both require the same signal to work. The walkie talkies just seem so demeaning compared to the privacy of a regular cell phone.

Frankly, I really don't care if my employees are getting the privacy they want when I'm paying them to work out of my budget. I see your point though, however, I'm going to have to disagree. Don't you get pissed at them when they don't answer your phone calls when you are going out and getting them the phones?

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Maybe if you laid off the caffiene they would answer your phone calls...:lol

I don't really have a problem with employees not answering my calls.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Maybe if you laid off the caffiene they would answer your phone calls...:lol

I don't really have a problem with employees not answering my calls.

Is that cute little smiley fact implying that you are laughing at your own joke? I suppose it most likely is. I don't have a caffiene problem, I have a jackass problem. Every now and again a jackass will say (or type) something that clearly demonstrates their level of jackass and I feel that it is my duty to point out just what a jackass that person is. So pipe down little fella.

08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
"johnsmith, the arbiter of all that which is jackassedness."

We denziens of the forum are indeed greatful to have such a shepard as yourself.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 09:27 AM
"johnsmith, the arbiter of all that which is jackassedness."

We denziens of the forum are indeed greatful to have such a shepard as yourself.

"Shepard", "Fisher of Men", whatever you want to call me, I've often been compared to JC. We have so much in common.

MoSpur
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Been with Nextel for a while and love it.

katyon6th
08-29-2006, 09:46 AM
This is all very amusing.

Hearing other people's walkie-talkie conversations, however, is not amusing.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
This is all very amusing.

Hearing other people's walkie-talkie conversations, however, is not amusing.

Like regular cell phone users are not irritating? What's the difference between hearing an entire conversation on a two-way and hearing a single jackass talking far too loud on his cell phone somewhere else? Frankly, I'd rather listen to the entire conversation then just half of it if given the choice.

AlamoSpursFan
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I'd just like to point out that nothing screams 'I'm important' like a guy screaming 'I'm important' into a cell phone. (Did I mention I'm important?)

Sincerely,
Mr. Really Loud Cell Phone Talker Guy

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 10:02 AM
I'd just like to point out that nothing screams 'I'm important' like a guy screaming 'I'm important' into a cell phone. (Did I mention I'm important?)

Sincerely,
Mr. Really Loud Cell Phone Talker Guy

Which by the way can be done on both a two-way and a regular cell phone.

MoSpur
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
The GPS system is a cool feature.

katyon6th
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Like regular cell phone users are not irritating? What's the difference between hearing an entire conversation on a two-way and hearing a single jackass talking far too loud on his cell phone somewhere else? Frankly, I'd rather listen to the entire conversation then just half of it if given the choice.

The topic is about walkie-talkies and I said they're annoying. If the topic was about some jackass talking too loudly on a cell phone, I'd say that was annoying, too.

Stop questioning me.

johnsmith
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
The topic is about walkie-talkies and I said they're annoying. If the topic was about some jackass talking too loudly on a cell phone, I'd say that was annoying, too.

Stop questioning me.

Katy, because you too love the Denver Broncos, I will obey your wish, but know this, Jay Cutler will take the Broncos to the Super Bowl in 2008

katyon6th
08-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Katy, because you too love the Denver Broncos, I will obey your wish, but know this, Jay Cutler will take the Broncos to the Super Bowl in 2008

I like you.

Who are you?

SpursWoman
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
So pipe down little fella.

CC? A "little fella"?

ShoogarBear
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Can't you turn off the walkie-talkie feature?

08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Wasn't the "walkie-talkie" feature a freebie when it was first introduced?

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
my phone actually has 2 walkie talkie services.
the on-network walkie talkie so i can direct connect with someone 3 states away
and the actual walkie talkie that i can use when we are camping in the middle of nowhere with no cell service... like "hurry the fuck back here with that wood, it's damn cold" or "theres a bear on he otherside of that ridge"

and its free for me.
maybe depends on the pkg. 1369?

Oscar DeLa
08-31-2006, 09:53 PM
my phone actually has 2 walkie talkie services.
the on-network walkie talkie so i can direct connect with someone 3 states away
and the actual walkie talkie that i can use when we are camping in the middle of nowhere with no cell service... like "hurry the fuck back here with that wood, it's damn cold" or "theres a bear on he otherside of that ridge"

and its free for me.
maybe depends on the pkg. 1369?
I don't know what it is but give me your walkie number obiwan!