PDA

View Full Version : the dominant view of dubya around the world

boutons_
08-29-2006, 10:36 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5294690.stm

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2006, 11:37 AM
That's a shock .. Bush has embarassed our country..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Who actually believes that Bush earned his Masters at Yale?

I have no evidence, only opinion, but if that guy actually passed a Masters degree, then Bobo the chimp is next in line for Yale Valedictorian.

I suspect the Old Boys network (connections) had something to do with his graduation... remember, we are talking about 1968.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Who actually believes that Bush earned his Masters at Yale?No one.

It was Harvard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Ah, he got his undergrad from Yale.

Who actually believes that he earned either of those degrees?

Wasn't he too busy investigating the bottom of a bottle in those days to actually study... hmmm, that argument doesn't work. I've never met a student who doesn't drink! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't doubt the man was once intelligent, but he seems to have a degenerative mental disease or something. The man can't do public speaking anymore, and before he was actually fairly good at it.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't doubt the man was once intelligent, but he seems to have a degenerative mental disease or something. The man can't do public speaking anymore, and before he was actually fairly good at it.
He's better at speaking off the top of his head than he is at giving speeches, and he's better at both than he was when he was governor of Texas. Considering that he followed one of the greatest speakers the office of the President has ever seen, he's not nearly as bad as most people make him out to be. I doubt it's possible to be considered much of a speaker when half the world is just waiting for you to make any mistake so they can jump on it and call you stupid.

DarkReign
08-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Considering that he followed one of the greatest speakers the office of the President has ever seen...

Thats a very good point. That was by far Clinton's strongest point.

....he's not nearly as bad as most people make him out to be.

No bad mouthing, no poltical bullshit. But I wholeheartedly disagree. I have seen better speeches in high school project presentations than Bush's best speech (ie 9/11).

101A
08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Thats a very good point. That was by far Clinton's strongest point.

No bad mouthing, no poltical bullshit. But I wholeheartedly disagree. I have seen better speeches in high school project presentations than Bush's best speech (ie 9/11).

Yes.

(and I generally like Bush)

johnsmith
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
yeesh dubya's public speaking has always been his weakest trait (except for maybe his penchant for cocaine) -- unless he was talking 'bout baseball.......i believe bush is generally known in the caribbean simply as "the idiot"

Well then look at that, you finally have something in common with a United States President.

johnsmith
08-30-2006, 10:29 AM
what do i say that attracts all these N00Bs immediately to my junk?

You started this whole business.

DarkReign
08-30-2006, 10:37 AM
hmm..i think it must be the smugness of my avatar that gets posters riled up

Steve Kerr is very smug. I'd punch you too if I met you.

101A
08-30-2006, 10:43 AM
hmm..i think it must be the smugness of my avatar that gets posters riled up

I think you're overanalysing this, Freud.

I'm pretty sure it is, in fact, the smugness of your posts.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Like I said, I agree that he's not much of a speech giver, but he's a good speaker when he's just talking about things and answering questions. He doesn't do it often, and of course none of that ever makes the news. Many people get their information about the president from people that hate him, and don't bother to get information from anywhere else.

sabar
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry, horrible speaker. Constantly stumbles over his words and doesn't maintain a constant train of thought.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Like I said, I agree that he's not much of a speech giver, but he's a good speaker when he's just talking about things and answering questions. He doesn't do it often, and of course none of that ever makes the news. Many people get their information about the president from people that hate him, and don't bother to get information from anywhere else.
good at answering questions?? WTF? what Bush have you been watching??

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Sorry, horrible speaker. Constantly stumbles over his words and doesn't maintain a constant train of thought.
That's just not true.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
That's just not true.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif sure its not

Obstructed_View
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif sure its not
Okay, bro. Whatever you say. God forbid someone disagree with you.

RandomGuy
08-30-2006, 03:14 PM

I think the booze and drugs aged his brain to no small degree.

His saving grace the excercise that keeps him somewhat alert due to his overall fitness.

The stress and "youthful" indescretions have done a number on him.

On to the topic at hand tho':

A lot of hard core Bushies tend to poo-poo what the rest of the world thinks of Bush, and by extension, us, but his negatives do nothing but encourage the terrorists we fight.

Bush's negatives make the jihadists' untruths about us seem plausible and the good things we do muted. Al Qaeda couldn't have had someone play into their hands better if they had tried.

I wish it were otherwise, but Bush is incapable of effectively fighting the "war" on terror.

RandomGuy
08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
That's just not true.

Did you actually watch his last press conference?

Everything Manumania said was VERY evident.

RandomGuy
08-30-2006, 03:21 PM

I have watched no few of his question and answer sessions on cspan. These things air unedited and without commentary whatsoever.

Bush stumbles, and very often when he doesn't have an answer will simply repeat the talking points his briefers gave him, often inconsistantly, as if these talking points are half remembered. He gets stumped easily and it is really uncomfortable to watch.

There is a reason that this president has given fewer press conferences than any other modern president, and that reason is that his handlers know he is not good at them.

The fact that he isn't good under pressure or thinking on his feet does not cause me to feel much confidence in his decision-making process.

From what I have seen, he is charming and folksy, and that has some value, but I would much rather have a solid decision making process.

Spurminator
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
All Presidents have had speechwriters. But Bush is the first President I've seen where it seems like he had no input in crafting the speech and simply recites it verbatim.

And he's not good at taking questions that aren't prepared in advance. His press conferences are actually pretty embarrassing. There have been times where I thought he had the right position on a certain issue, but I've been frustrated with his inability to convincingly sell it to the public. Most of the selling comes from the pundits in the aftermath.

DarkReign
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
All Presidents have had speechwriters. But Bush is the first President I've seen where it seems like he had no input in crafting the speech and simply recites it verbatim.

And he's not good at taking questions that aren't prepared in advance. His press conferences are actually pretty embarrassing. There have been times where I thought he had the right position on a certain issue, but I've been frustrated with his inability to convincingly sell it to the public. Most of the selling comes from the pundits in the aftermath.

Accurate. His spin room is the best in history.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
If he could just pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly, just once....

boutons_
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
His personal popularity remains in the toilet, half of what was for Clinton in the middle of the Starr witchunt.

Ridiculed as stupid even after attending Yale and Harvard,
dubya is now being assassnated for laughs!

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/09/01/PH2006090100794.jpg

dubya and his Repug fuckers have long overstayed and abused their welcome and mandate. We'll see what the voters say in November.

johnsmith
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
His personal popularity remains in the toilet, half of what was for Clinton in the middle of the Starr witchunt.

Ridiculed as stupid even after attending Yale and Harvard,
dubya is now being assassnated for laughs!

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/09/01/PH2006090100794.jpg

dubya and his Repug fuckers have long overstayed and abused their welcome and mandate. We'll see what the voters say in November.

I bet they don't vote for Bush........furthermore, do you see the irony in making fun of another for being stupid and spelling assassinated wrong in the same post?

BeerIsGood!
09-01-2006, 07:04 PM
I bet they don't vote for Bush........furthermore, do you see the irony in making fun of another for being stupid and spelling assassinated wrong in the same post?
Typos happen to everyone. And Bush isn't up for re-election, his repub. commrades in congress are.

Bottom Line.............................................. .... People still voted for him. TWICE. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

boutons_
09-01-2006, 07:27 PM
"spelling assassinated wrong"

.... is typical of why JS is plonked and will stay plonked.