PDA

View Full Version : 'Suicidal' Ahmadinejad Challenges Dubya To A Televised Debate!

Nbadan
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
U.S. dismisses Bush-Ahmadinejad debate

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday challenged the authority of the U.N. Security Council U.N. Security Council as Iran faces a deadline to halt its uranium enrichment and he called for a televised debate with President Bush on world issues.

"Talk of a debate is just a diversion from the legitimate concerns that the international community, not just the U.S., has about Iran‘s behavior, from support for terrorism to pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability," Perino said, adding: "Iran may want to look first to allowing free expression and open debate within its borders, as opposed to the current practice of crushing dissent."

1localnews (http://www.onelocalnews.com/prescottherald/ViewArticle.aspx?id=2463&source=2)

I'm thinking this CNN poll has something to do with the WH skirting any debate:

Who would win a debate on world issues between President Bush and Iranian President Ahmadinejad?

Bush 38% 13315 votes

Ahmadinejad 62% 21810 votes

Total: 35125 votes

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/)

The decider has decided.

:hat

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Bush is such an embarassment.... :stfu

boutons_
08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
the nut-case Iranian would out-debate the nut-cake dubya.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm thinking this CNN poll has something to do with the WH skirting any debate:

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/)

Because there's no way that one could use the above to suggest the political leanings of CNN or their target audience.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Because there's no way that one could use the above to suggest the political leanings of CNN or their target audience.
yeah, that and Bush SUCKS at debating http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Extra Stout
08-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Because of course Bill Clinton, Al Gore, or John Kerry would agree to lower the office of the Presidency and give a Third World firebrand unprecedented prestige and legitimacy by debating him one-on-one on television. Not doing so is clearly stupid.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
It could be pretty awesome.

http://faculty.smu.edu/dsimon/AAAAAAChange06/Change06Pics/KitchenDebate.jpg

Nbadan
08-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Dubya could always wear another wire.

Phenomanul
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Because of course Bill Clinton, Al Gore, or John Kerry would agree to lower the office of the Presidency and give a Third World firebrand unprecedented prestige and legitimacy by debating him one-on-one on television. Not doing so is clearly stupid.

Thank you.

Besides, Ahmadinejad does not deserve to be heard... until he 'hears' the cries of his own nation.

Extra Stout
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Thank you.

Besides, Ahmadinejad does not deserve to be heard... until he 'hears' the cries of his own nation.
For all the yammering in Los Angeles about the incipient revolution, those Iranians seem awfully placid. They're upset that the economy has gone in the tank, but they're pleased their government is taking on Bush, whom they despise.

They're a curious lot. Their government cries "Death to America!" every day, but the people have this crush on us like the Aussies do. They just don't like Bush.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I think ultimately alot of Iranians admire much about the US but just can't bring themselves to trust any US government because of past meddling.

scott
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I find it amazing how easily people paint Ahmadinejad as some menical lunic out to destroy the west, when the truth is that he's demonstrated to be a smart, calculated strategist.

My guess is because it's easier to build support against a suicidal nutcase building nukes to destroy us rather than a case against a guy who is fully aware and bought into the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction and really isn't likely to drop a nuke on anybody.

MannyIsGod
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I find it amazing how easily people paint Ahmadinejad as some menical lunic out to destroy the west, when the truth is that he's demonstrated to be a smart, calculated strategist.

My guess is because it's easier to build support against a suicidal nutcase building nukes to destroy us rather than a case against a guy who is fully aware and bought into the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction and really isn't likely to drop a nuke on anybody.Clearly any other leader who sees the saftey provided by nuclear weapons is a lunatic. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
What safety is provided by one nuclear weapon again? While we're at it, what part of wiping Israel off the map is smart, calculated strategy?

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
What safety is provided by one nuclear weapon again?Well, we haven't invaded North Korea.
While we're at it, what part of wiping Israel off the map is smart, calculated strategy?Talking about wiping Israel off the map is smart, calculted strategy in Iran.

MannyIsGod
08-29-2006, 09:28 PM
What safety is provided by one nuclear weapon again? While we're at it, what part of wiping Israel off the map is smart, calculated strategy?Name the last nuclear power invaded by another country.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Chump, if you aren't smart enough to put that two and two together, there's little hope for you. What is North Korea going to do, detonate their bomb on themselves if we attack them? :lol

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Name the last nuclear power invaded by another country.
So one bomb is a nuclear power? Please.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Chump, if you aren't smart enough to put that two and two together, there's little hope for you. What is North Korea going to do, detonate their bomb on themselves if we attack them?If you aren't smart enough to put a nuclear device on a missle, there's little hope for you.

MannyIsGod
08-29-2006, 09:35 PM
So one bomb is a nuclear power? Please.At one point the US only had one bomb. You think Iran would make one and then stop?

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
If you aren't smart enough to put a nuclear device on a missle, there's little hope for you.
North Korea isn't, unless they are planning a nuclear attack on the Sea of Japan.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
At one point the US only had one bomb. You think Iran would make one and then stop?
Thank you for making my case for me. What did the US do with the first three bombs that they developed?

MannyIsGod
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
NK can probably put a nuclear weapon on a missle. What they can't do is fire a missle at the US. I bet that fact gives the Japanese all kinds of warm fuzzies though.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 09:56 PM
NK can probably put a nuclear weapon on a missle. What they can't do is fire a missle at the US. I bet that fact gives the Japanese all kinds of warm fuzzies though.
:lol You got that right. I imagine most of Asia is hoping that North Korea doesn't screw up and get the Japanese thinking about war again.

scott
08-29-2006, 10:05 PM
:lol You got that right. I imagine most of Asia is hoping that North Korea doesn't screw up and get the Japanese thinking about war again.

And you just answered your own question.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 10:14 PM
And you just answered your own question.
North Korea is developing a nuclear weapon to defend themselves from Japan, and not to sell to Iran or Venezuela? Whew. I guess we are safe. Send the troops home.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, there are no Americans in Japan or South Korea.

Not one.

Besides, Obstructed View thought Saddam was the most imminent threat to the US without nukes or missles that could reach the US.

Brilliant.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, there are no Americans in Japan or South Korea.

Not one.

Besides, Obstructed View thought Saddam was the most imminent threat to the US without nukes or missles that could reach the US.

Brilliant.

You speak fluent Smartass, but it's hard to decipher into English. What do either of the above have to do with anything?

ChumpDumper
08-29-2006, 10:20 PM
If you aren't smart enough to put that two and two together, there's little hope for you.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
If you aren't smart enough to put that two and two together, there's little hope for you.
:lol

Extra Stout
08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
One thing to keep in mind about Ahmadinejad is that he is not in charge. Ayatollah Ali Khameini is.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
One thing to keep in mind about Ahmadinejad is that he is not in charge. Ayatollah Ali Khameini is.
According to the liberals, Bush isn't in charge either.

ShackO
08-29-2006, 11:44 PM
It could be pretty awesome.

http://faculty.smu.edu/dsimon/AAAAAAChange06/Change06Pics/KitchenDebate.jpg

And the winner takes on the french??? :depressed

E20
08-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Someone should caption that picture. That looks like it could be a scene out of Rocky IV.

101A
08-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Ahmadinejad claims the holocaust didn't happen. He states he is willing to sacrifice half of Iran to destroy Israel, and that his ultimate goal is to wipe Israel off the map....

and yet it is becoming apparent that the left in this country is getting kind of enamored with him. I saw an almost glowing review of his press conference yesterday on the evening news - reporterette talking about his "presence" and "charisma" - indicating that Bush was in fact chicken for not debating him.

meanwhile on the home front - Mel Gibson is a very dangerous anti-semite.

Nbadan
09-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Azerbaijan doubles the antee...

The Iranian Embassy in Azerbaijan told the APA President Ahmadinejad commenting on his American counterpart’s refusing his call for a live television debate.

“We offered the persons claiming to support free and transparent release of news to discuss global issues with us and let the world listen to us and then comment on. However, they refused to do this,” Mr. Ahmadinejad said.

Calling President Bush coward Iranian President, “You fear that your real nature will be revealed in the live television debate and the nations will realize that you chose war and crimes for your interest. The US authorities should know that there is no place for violence any more.”

Link (http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=13738)

Pistols at 20 paces anyone?

:hat

whottt
09-02-2006, 12:44 AM

My guess is because it's easier to build support against a suicidal nutcase building nukes to destroy us rather than a case against a guy who is fully aware and bought into the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction and really isn't likely to drop a nuke on anybody.

So when will you be coverting to Islam?

This guy wants an Islamic World or else he wants death...he is a fanatic.

His goal is to spread Islam...that makes him worse than us.

If you can't see the difference between Islam and Democracy...then there is nothing more to say.

There is no moral equivalancy here...the guy is a religious fascist...

He's not Mr. Secular open minded and friendly...that's not what got him put into that position.

Nbadan
09-02-2006, 01:15 AM

Ok, but 'Democracy' and Christianity walk hand in hand.

whottt
09-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Ok, but 'Democracy' and Christianity walk hand in hand.

And?

Would you rather live here or in Iran?

Nothing walks hand in hand with Islam...except Islam.

And then fact you can't tell the difference is why I consider you to be fucked in the mind.

Nbadan
09-02-2006, 01:32 AM
And?

Would you rather live here or in Iran?

Nothing walks hand in hand with Islam...except Islam.

And then fact you can't tell the difference is why I consider you to be fucked in the mind.

:rolleyes

Nothing walks hand in hand with a theocracy, forget Christianity and Islam.

scott
09-02-2006, 08:37 AM
So when will you be coverting to Islam?

This guy wants an Islamic World or else he wants death...he is a fanatic.

If you can't see the difference between Islam and Democracy...then there is nothing more to say.

There is no moral equivalancy here...the guy is a religious fascist...

He's not Mr. Secular open minded and friendly...that's not what got him put into that position.

If you can't see the difference between what I said, and what you said... then there is nothing more to say.