PDA

View Full Version : DVR to Computer

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
I want to send a game on my DVR to my computer.
Can anyone tell me what I'd need to do it & how to do it?

boutons_
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
playback the DVR recording like any recording, hook a cable to the DVR S-video output and L/R audio out channels, then those into a video capture card in your PC.

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 11:44 PM
playback the DVR recording like any recording, hook a cable to the DVR S-video output and L/R audio out channels, then those into a video capture card in your PC.

video capture card in your PC

How can I find out if I already have one? I think I should, my computer system was apprx $2K & is 2yo. I had Gateway do all that firewire jazz & other thingamajiggs as well.

DannyT
08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
in other words you need to find out if your system has a video input.....
can you already watch tv on your system?
if not then you need to buy a tv tunner, weather its a laptoip or desktop they have different models but thats whats needed....

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2006, 08:39 AM
piitb

CharlieMac
08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I've been wondering the same thing myself for a while now.

dougp
08-30-2006, 09:35 AM
There's a variety of things you can do - if it's actually a device you own, it can probably be hacked and networked to where you can drag&drop files from it, I know my ReplayTV has that function.

Though probably the easiest and better overall thing to do would be to buy a USB2.0 TV Tuner and go ahead and rip it that way.

Mr Dio
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Anyone know how to find out the size the game I'm xfrg to my cmptr will be or how big it currently is on the DVR?
I have a Grande Comm DVR.

Fillmoe
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
video capture card or svideo cable from your tv to your pc

leemajors
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Anyone know how to find out the size the game I'm xfrg to my cmptr will be or how big it currently is on the DVR?
I have a Grande Comm DVR.

you'd have to transfer it first, not sure how they compress it on the dvr. who made the actual dvr? if it's a motorola here is a link on how to do it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403695

seems like a huge hassle.

leemajors
08-30-2006, 10:46 AM
you can also try this:

"It's a V-Stream X-pert DVD maker card. I got it on e-bay brand new for 24.95. It comes with a composite and s-video converter and cyberlink software. Connect your DVR composite RCA output sources to the converter off the card and set your preferences through the software provided. Save the file as mpeg-2 and reload into your DVD burn software. Or burn it directly to your DVD burner. That's it!"

Mr Dio
08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the info guys!

Another question? :lol

I have a JVC Everio Share Station DVD Burner, CU-VD10.
I use it with the JVC Everio MGU-77 (?) Hard Drive video camera.
Can I use that to burn from my TV to a DVD?

Mr Dio
08-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Bumpage!!!

Zunni
08-30-2006, 09:47 PM
TiVo. You can directly transfer files from your box to your hard drive with TiVo To Go, no playback necessary. It even supports a connection to your home wireless network with an add on card. If you have a 'g' standard router and card, the transfers are quick.

leemajors
08-30-2006, 10:37 PM
TiVo. You can directly transfer files from your box to your hard drive with TiVo To Go, no playback necessary. It even supports a connection to your home wireless network with an add on card. If you have a 'g' standard router and card, the transfers are quick.

he already has them on his grande dvr. sorry dio, i don't have any further answers for ya - i bet slomo would though. if you could get the files on your camera i bet you could somehow, but i am pretty sure the dvr format isn't what your camera and burner/dock use.

Nbadan
08-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks for all the info guys!

Another question? :lol

I have a JVC Everio Share Station DVD Burner, CU-VD10.
I use it with the JVC Everio MGU-77 (?) Hard Drive video camera.
Can I use that to burn from my TV to a DVD?

If you can get the VC to record off composite cables I don't see why not, but your VC will need video and sound inputs. Then, after you transer the video to your computer, you'll need to convert the video to Meg-2 or greater format to play in most DVD players. Much easier to just go pop down $170 for a DVD burner.