PDA

View Full Version : slam magazine devin harris article

thepeopleslawyer
08-30-2006, 06:09 PM
sept 06 issue, anyone know what it says? it's titled "making his point", if anyone can post it or sum it up it would be appreciated.

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
New Slam is out? I haven't gotten one since the one with Wade on the cover :depressed Maybe it's herehttp://slamonline.com/ , but I'll get this magazine tommorrow.

dirk4Mvp_
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM
yes, let's tell mom and dad to buy it for us. I love being spoiled.

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 06:46 PM
yes, let's tell mom and dad to buy it for us. I love being spoiled.

Well, you can't be me, because I don't live with mom.

Dirk Nowitzki
08-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Devin Harris will be a top 5 pg in 3 years mark it down!!

dirk4mvp
08-30-2006, 09:39 PM

If a shot develops........maybe.

Dirk Nowitzki
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
His shot needs work agreed but hes like 23 so we can at least see this as a realistic possibility.

MarkCuban
08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
His shot needs work agreed but hes like 23 so we can at least see this as a realistic possibility.

his shot doesnt need work. he just needs to drive to the hole. I've manipulated Stern to call a foul everytime he falls down. :elephant he just needs to good form when at the line, but who knows. next year they might be adding a 5 foot free throw line only for Dallas..........courtesy of me of course :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
08-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Devin Harris is piece of shit.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 06:09 AM

JET>Parker

Harris>Beno

:elephant

thepeopleslawyer
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
but I'll get this magazine tommorrow.

summary please?

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 04:08 PM
summary please?

Still today. You can't get it?

ambchang
08-31-2006, 05:39 PM

Isn't this what people said of Parker 2 years ago?
Wait, damn! He is a top 5 point guard!

dirk4Mvp_
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Still today. You can't get it?

maybe he/she doesn't get everything they want like we do.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 09:01 PM
summary please?

I went to wal-mart, and they were sold out I guess.

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Whatever. Michael Finley is the piece of shit, holding out on his team, and giving us all the impression that he was giving it all he got, only to find out he can still be a pretty damn good dunker and slasher.

thispego
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao
give me a fuckin break

thats rich :lol

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
devin harris thinks tony parker is way overated.
Hes right. Harris can penetrate just as well as Parker, but doesnt have Tim Duncan opening lanes and drawing double teams every trip down the court. Harris is going to be a better player than Parker can ever imagine being. Parker isnt going to get much better. Mark my words.

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Isn't this what people said of Parker 2 years ago?
Wait, damn! He is a top 5 point guard!
not really. Id take Nash, Kidd, Billups, Arenas, Iverson, Bibby, and Harris all over him in a heartbeat. Parker is a choker, below average shooter, average passer, average defender, weak, soft, and falls apart under trap defenses. i mean holy shit, he has tim duncan to pass it to, and he can still only average 6 APG??? and 5 of those come from passes to duncan. he cant create for himself, and cant create for others. he is not a good point guard at all. he is a good penetrator, and good finisher, and a decent basketball player, but thats it. without Duncan, he averages maybe 12, 13 points a game, and no one will give a shit about him.

thispego
09-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Nobody penetrates as well as parker, ESPECIALLY not that scrub devin harris. Devin can swing his long body around the lane for a few prayer layups, but only once or twice till the defense adjusts and then he can't do shit

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Nobody penetrates as well as parker, ESPECIALLY not that scrub devin harris. Devin can swing his long body around the lane for a few prayer layups, but only once or twice till the defense adjusts and then he can't do shit
keep in mind that Devin Harris doesnt have TIM FUCKING DUNCAN drawing all the attention and opening up lanes for him. Replace Parker with Harris, and Harris averages over 20 ppg, and the Spurs cruise to a title.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Hes right. Harris can penetrate just as well as Parker, but doesnt have Tim Duncan opening lanes and drawing double teams every trip down the court. Harris is going to be a better player than Parker can ever imagine being. Parker isnt going to get much better. Mark my words.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
What about your god Dirk? Fucking idiot, I seem to recall a certain player on your team you know him. He wears #41 and also draws double teams dumb ass.

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:39 AM
What about your god Dirk? Fucking idiot, I seem to recall a certain player on your team you know him. He wears #41 and also draws double teams dumb ass.
you must be fucking dumb. i love Dirk, but he doesnt give NEAR the presence that Duncan gives, especially on the inside. Dirk cannot open lanes the way Duncan can. he draws double teams, but only when he drives or is on the perimeter. Duncan draws attention and double teams any time he goes inside, whether he has the ball or not. Dirk does not, because he doesnt have the post game that Duncan does, and not many players in NBA history has.

CuckingFunt
09-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that, in a discussion involving penetration, inside presence and finishing, NO ONE is making the obvious joke?

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that, in a discussion involving penetration, inside presence and finishing, NO ONE is making the obvious joke?
LOL

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 12:44 AM
you must be fucking dumb. i love Dirk, but he doesnt give NEAR the presence that Duncan gives, especially on the inside. Dirk cannot open lanes the way Duncan can. he draws double teams, but only when he drives or is on the perimeter. Duncan draws attention and double teams any time he goes inside, whether he has the ball or not. Dirk does not, because he doesnt have the post game that Duncan does, and not many players in NBA history has.
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/dirNow_399_060618.jpg
Yeah Dirk doesnt draw double teams. :rolleyes

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/dirNow_399_060618.jpg
Yeah Dirk doesnt draw double teams. :rolleyes
you are not only dumb, but cant read for shit. you are a homer that clearly lacks knowledge of basketball.

thispego
09-01-2006, 12:50 AM
keep in mind that Devin Harris doesnt have TIM FUCKING DUNCAN drawing all the attention and opening up lanes for him. Replace Parker with Harris, and Harris averages over 20 ppg, and the Spurs cruise to a title.
parker takes every advantage that duncan gives him by opening up the lanes, like you said he's a good penetrator and good finisher. and how does Duncan draw all the attention?, dallas rarely even double teamed him this last playoffs unless they absolutely had to.

and the thought of harris scoring 20 ppg for the spurs is laughable. running point for tim duncans team doesnt automatically make you an all star. Parker has improved significantly every year and earned his AS spot this year. The day that devin harris is a significant part of any championship team is the day i will eat my own shit

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 12:50 AM
you are not only dumb, but cant read for shit. you are a homer that clearly lacks knowledge of basketball.

not really. Id take Nash, Kidd, Billups, Arenas, Iverson, Bibby, and Harris all over him in a heartbeat. Parker is a choker, below average shooter, average passer, average defender, weak, soft, and falls apart under trap defenses. i mean holy shit, he has tim duncan to pass it to, and he can still only average 6 APG??? and 5 of those come from passes to duncan. he cant create for himself, and cant create for others. he is not a good point guard at all. he is a good penetrator, and good finisher, and a decent basketball player, but thats it. without Duncan, he averages maybe 12, 13 points a game, and no one will give a shit about him.

Yeah because your takes are very knowledgeable. :lol

AI's not even a point guard genius. You completely contradict yourself by saying TP is a decent player and then go back and say he's week and soft. Calling me a homer after you just said you'd take Devin Harris over TP is pretty hypicritical of you.

stretch
09-01-2006, 12:57 AM
parker takes every advantage that duncan gives him by opening up the lanes, like you said he's a good penetrator and good finisher. and how does Duncan draw all the attention?, dallas rarely even double teamed him this last playoffs unless they absolutely had to.

and the thought of harris scoring 20 ppg for the spurs is laughable. running point for tim duncans team doesnt automatically make you an all star. Parker has improved significantly every year and earned his AS spot this year. The day that devin harris is a significant part of any championship team is the day i will eat my own shit
Well, he was a pretty significant part of the Mavericks Championship run this year. And he will be even more significant next year when they win it. prepare to eat shit, bitch.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-01-2006, 01:03 AM

Well, he was a pretty significant part of the Mavericks Championship run this year. And he will be even more significant next year when they win it. prepare to eat shit, bitch.

:huh

Douche
09-01-2006, 10:14 AM

I swear i'm not a whore- cuckingfunt

George Gervin's Afro
09-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thispego

did i miss something? the mavs made a championship run? sorry for being technical but wouldn't they have had to won the championship if they went on a ' championship run'? too bad they choked... :violin

dirk4mvp
09-01-2006, 03:58 PM
did i miss something? the mavs made a championship run? sorry for being technical but wouldn't they have had to won the championship if they went on a ' championship run'? too bad they choked... :violin

Doesn't matter. They beat yall :bike:

dirk4Mvp_
09-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Yeah, they did. Now i'm gonna beat my meat to a certain 7 foot german somebody....

shaggy17
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM

Nah you guys wont mentally recover from this years finals. To go that far this year going 2-0 in the FINALS blowing a 13pt lead with 6 1/2 minutes left and losing 4 straight after that is gonna be something that will haunt them. You will contend but alot of things will have to fall in place to go back to the finals (bullshit calls against the Spurs that even your Owner Mark Cuban admits that played a major role in them winning that series,Amare to be hurt etc etc). Key to stopping Harris....Riley Ball/staying big!! and he folds like the soft pussy that he is.

shaggy17
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM

Doesnt mean a thing if you dont win the ring :)

dirk4mvp
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Doesnt mean a thing if you dont win the ring :)

WCC don't count? :huh

thispego
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
ezzzzzzzactly

dirk4mvp
09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
haters.........

thispego
09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
WCC don't count? :huh
sorry, but WCC dont mean shit

dirk4mvp
09-01-2006, 06:13 PM
sorry, but WCC dont mean shit

It does if it's the team's first one. :elephant It's a start.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Trust me, it doesn't.

CuckingFunt
09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
I swear i'm not a whore- cuckingfunt
I swear I don't give a fuck if you think I am.

dirk4mvp
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Trust me, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

thispego
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
welll.. yeah, i guess cuban finally has something to put in that dusty old trophy case. must feel pretty damn good

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 11:56 AM
welll.. yeah, i guess cuban finally has something to put in that dusty old trophy case. must feel pretty damn good

Prolly does.

MarkCuban
09-02-2006, 12:35 PM

hell yeah western conference champions. does it get any better than that?

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 12:42 PM
:elephant

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-02-2006, 01:30 PM

NBA champions.
3 times over.

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 02:20 PM
NBA champions.
3 times over.

And when did you jump on the wagon? Last June?

MarkCuban
09-02-2006, 02:43 PM
NBA champions.
3 times over.

cheaters

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Top PG's
1 Nash
2 Iverson
3 Parker
4 Kidd
5 Billups

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Top PG's
1 Nash
2 Iverson
3 Parker
4 Billups
5 Terry if you consider him a point guard.

No Kidd?

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-02-2006, 03:31 PM
And when did you jump on the wagon? Last June?
What about you?
When did you jump on the Mav bandwagon?
Right around the time Moe, er, Mark Cuban bought the team, wasn't it?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Fixed. :)

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
What about you?
When did you jump on the Mav bandwagon?
Right around the time Moe, er, Mark Cuban bought the team, wasn't it?

When I was about 10.

But you didn't answer my question......

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-02-2006, 04:04 PM
When I was about 10.

Right around the time Moe bought the team. I was right.

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Right around the time Moe bought the team. I was right.

You want a cookie?

Last June for you huh?

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-02-2006, 04:22 PM
1990 if you must know.
Happy now?

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that'll do.

BUMP
09-02-2006, 07:15 PM
1990 if you must know.
Happy now?

well since i dont believe you, you are a bandwagon fan hence you are :owned by me

dirk4mvp
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I seriously think you were dropped on your head as a child. :lol

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2006, 09:00 PM

Thank you for your contribution.

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM

AI's not even a point guard genius. You completely contradict yourself by saying TP is a decent player and then go back and say he's week and soft. Calling me a homer after you just said you'd take Devin Harris over TP is pretty hypicritical of you.

AI is a PG/SG, he's played both positions throughout his career. You continue to prove how stupid you are.

BUMP
09-03-2006, 12:23 AM
I seriously think you were dropped on your head as a child. :lol

ownage to the max :lol

what a n00bsor

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 12:27 AM
ownage to the max :lol

what a n00bsor

n00bsor?

+4@t VV@$ $+Vp![) @$ 4377.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
AI is a PG/SG, he's played both positions throughout his career. You continue to prove how stupid you are.
Philadelphia's starting line up-

C-S. Dalembert

PF-C. Webber

SF-A. Iguodala

SG-A. Iverson

G-K. Ollie

He starts as a shooting guard for Philly. Plenty of players in the NBA have the flexibility to play multiple positions. Doesn't necessarily mean that's their natural position. Do you fucking think before you post?

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
well since i dont believe you, you are a bandwagon fan hence you are :owned by me

CHUMP,
you're over here calling me a bandwagon fan?
Now that's hysterical!
The next time you post anything of any kind of importance will be the first time.
Your opinions (and you, as far as that goes) are as worthless as a screen door on a submarine.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Thank you for your contribution.
No problem. :smokin

thispego
09-03-2006, 11:25 AM

thispego
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Hes right. Harris can penetrate just as well as Parker. Harris is going to be a better player than Parker can ever imagine being. Parker isnt going to get much better. Mark my words.

TheSanityAnnex
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Where has Shank been these days?

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Where has Shank been these days?

He came back and said it was the same ole bullshit.

mavs>spurs2
09-03-2006, 12:43 PM

C-S. Dalembert

PF-C. Webber

SF-A. Iguodala

SG-A. Iverson

G-K. Ollie

He starts as a shooting guard for Philly. Plenty of players in the NBA have the flexibility to play multiple positions. Doesn't necessarily mean that's their natural position. Do you fucking think before you post?

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/features/pointguards_051010.html

1. Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 76ers

Iverson
Iverson’s ninth season may have been his best yet as he scored more than 30 points for the third time in his career and saw his assist totals rise to new levels at 7.9 per game. Always among the leaders in steals, Iverson handled the switch to point guard in spectacular fashion. He finished the year in the top five in scoring, assists and steals while adding 4.0 rebounds per game and 1.4 threes per game. Iverson shot over 80 percent from the line, which is great in its own right but is even more important considering he went to the line a league leading 10.5 times a game. Take the high turnovers and low field goal percentage with a grain of salt as Iverson will put you near the top of the standings in points, assists and steals.

Not a PG huh? Just because Iverson has played SG alot throughout his career doesn't mean that he's not a point guard. I think he's more of a natural PG than a SG.

BUMP
09-03-2006, 02:54 PM

C-S. Dalembert

PF-C. Webber

SF-A. Iguodala

SG-A. Iverson

G-K. Ollie

lol some people only argue about stupid stuff. i aint gonna lie though, it is funny as hell sometimes :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Isn't the Sixers lineup

C Dalembert
PF Webber
SF Iguodala
SG Korver
PG Iverson
?

mavs>spurs2
09-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Isn't the Sixers lineup

C Dalembert
PF Webber
SF Iguodala
SG Korver
PG Iverson
?

Yes that is the sixers lineup. TheSixthMan doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I could of swore the 6er's lineup was something like this one part of the season

C-Dalembert
PF-Webber
SF-Iggy
SG-Ollie
PG-Iverson

But Iverson has been point since Iggy arrived.

Ignorant Spurs fan
09-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I could of swore the 6er's lineup was something like this one part of the season

C-Dalembert
PF-Webber
SF-Iggy
SG-Ollie
PG-Iverson

SHUT UP STUPID MAV FAN :madrun

SPURS 3 :elephant

MAVS 0

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 04:54 PM
SHUT UP STUPID MAV FAN :madrun

SPURS 3 :elephant

MAVS 0

Name says it all.......

:madrun

Ignorant Spurs fan
09-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Name says it all.......

:madrun

shut up MavBitch. here's a riddle for you

what rhymes with "thing" and is something that the Spurs have and mavs dont

ring :elephant

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 12:53 AM

Iverson
Iverson’s ninth season may have been his best yet as he scored more than 30 points for the third time in his career and saw his assist totals rise to new levels at 7.9 per game. Always among the leaders in steals, Iverson handled the switch to point guard in spectacular fashion. He finished the year in the top five in scoring, assists and steals while adding 4.0 rebounds per game and 1.4 threes per game. Iverson shot over 80 percent from the line, which is great in its own right but is even more important considering he went to the line a league leading 10.5 times a game. Take the high turnovers and low field goal percentage with a grain of salt as Iverson will put you near the top of the standings in points, assists and steals.

Not a PG huh? Just because Iverson has played SG alot throughout his career doesn't mean that he's not a point guard. I think he's more of a natural PG than a SG.

Damn your still on that shit?!? Let me tell you what I think about your take....

I dont give a shit!!! I mean honestly how much time do you have on your hands? Did it take you all night to look for that useless information? :loser

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Damn your still on that shit?!? Let me tell you what I think about your take....
I dont give a shit!!! I mean honestly how much time do you have on your hands? Did it take you all night to look for that useless information? :loser

Lmao did it take me all night....

Actually it only takes 2 seconds to prove a someone as dumb as yourself wrong.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Lmao did it take me all night....

Actually it only takes 2 seconds to prove a someone as dumb as yourself wrong.
:lol I guess you do have a lot of time on your hands.

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
:lol I guess you do have a lot of time on your hands.

Its called google.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh and did I forget to tell you that I dont give a shit.

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Oh and did I forget to tell you that I dont give a shit.

:owned Now just admit that you were wrong and and we will all be happy.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 01:47 AM
:owned Now just admit that you were wrong and and we will all be happy.

How old are you?

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Just sack up and admit were wrong.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Son you honestly dont now the meaning of "OWNED"

Now clue me in as to how you "OWNED" me? :lol

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Son you honestly dont now the meaning of "OWNED"

Now clue me in as to who you "OWNED" me? :lol

You say AI is not a point guard. I prove that he is. Proving someone wrong/owning, what's the difference?

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 02:03 AM

Iverson

^^^
This is proving me wrong? :lol

You highlighted it your self. He Made THE SWITCH to point guard genius. So what does that tell you? His whole career he played SG. You prove what a douche you are by saying you think hes better as a PG. :lol . AI is a scorer not a play maker. 9 times out of 10 hes creating shots for himself rather than looking for the open man. Now tell me would you rather have a floor general like Bibby that can find you when your open? Or have a guy like AI that would drive down the line with like five guys on him.

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 02:07 AM

You call out someone else, saying that AI is not a point guard, even though that is the position he played last year. Obviously he is a PG if that's the position he plays, please think before you post next time.

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Isn't the Sixers lineup

C Dalembert
PF Webber
SF Iguodala
SG Korver
PG Iverson
?

C-Dalembert
PF-Webber
SF-Iggy
SG-Ollie
PG-Iverson

I guess you're the only one who doesn't get it. AI is a PG. IT IS THE POSITION HE PLAYS, THEREFORE IT IS WHAT HE IS. Please don't continue this moronic argument I don't think I can handle any more of it.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 02:13 AM
You call out someone else, saying that AI is not a point guard, even though that is the position he played last year. Obviously he is a PG if that's the position he plays, please think before you post next time.
Why do you give a shit if I call out anybody?

What a fucking loser. That was one part of post that I made speaking of another subject. Quit Obsessing and get over it.

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Why do you give a shit if I call out anybody?

What a fucking loser. That was one part of post that I made speaking of another subject. Quit Obsessing and get over it.

Resorting to name calling because you know you are wrong.......

:td

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Please don't continue this moronic argument I don't think I can handle any more of it.

Yeah because this is me continuing it.

I dont give a shit!!! I mean honestly how much time do you have on your hands? Did it take you all night to look for that useless information?

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 02:20 AM
OK I'm right and you are wrong, but you don't give a shit. Let's just leave it at that.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-04-2006, 02:23 AM
OK I'm right and you are wrong, but you don't give a shit.Let's just leave it at that.

You finally get it. :lol :clap

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM

'Nuff said.