PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Promises No Terrorism in World if Elected

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Kerry Offers Global 'Guarantee': No More Terror Attacks

John Kerry claimed Monday that if he's elected president he'll prevent all future terrorist attacks both inside the U.S. and around the world.

"I do know that America will be safe [from terrorist attack] under my leadership," Kerry boasted to NBC "Today Show" host Katie Couric.

A skeptical Couric interrupted, "But can you really, Senator, make that guarantee in all honesty that America will be safe under all circumstances?"

Kerry responded: "We won World War II. We won the Cold War. We know what we can do when we put our minds to it. We haven't done a third of the things that we need to do to win the war on terror."

In the next breath Kerry broadened his pledge, saying, "I think you can make the world safe if we begin to deal with the problems - not just using military muscle in certain parts of the world, but also use our economic power, our ideals."

===========================

:smokin
:hat
:drunk
:shootme
:rollin
:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2004, 03:29 PM
I just want to reiterate...

not just using military muscle in certain parts of the world, but also use our economic power, our ideals

- Doesn't want to use military muscle

- The predominant terrorist element in the world hates us because of
1. Our economic clout
2. Our ideals (read, not Muslim)

What else do you need to see that Kerry doesn't have a clue about how to handle Al Qaeda?

Opinionater
10-25-2004, 03:39 PM
IMHO, I didn't hear Kerry say "guarantee" anywhere in your post.
Am I wrong? I don't see him answering Katie with a "Yes, I can guarantee...." response.

On a side note, I used to think Katie was hot.

Shelly
10-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Wow...that takes a lot of balls to make that statement.

Bandit2981
10-25-2004, 03:58 PM
"I do know that America will be safe [from terrorist attack] under my leadership,"
ok, Bush is saying the same thing. elect me, we'll be safe.

"We won World War II. We won the Cold War. We know what we can do when we put our minds to it. We haven't done a third of the things that we need to do to win the war on terror."
i still havent heard a "guarantee" of stopping terrorism all over the world

"I think you can make the world safe if we begin to deal with the problems - not just using military muscle in certain parts of the world, but also use our economic power, our ideals."
still no guarantee, but an "I think", or opinion. i still fail to see how this is any different than what Bush is saying. Bush even said military force isnt needed in every country to combat terrorism, that some can be handled in different ways without military force. but i guess if Kerry says it, its a shitty plan! :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Bandit,

Well Bush has been saying it, Kerry says Bush's plan isn't working, so thanks for proving my point. He's saying Bush's plan ain't working, then "I have a plan that looks like Bush's plan but it's different because it's mine."

Whatver.

Bandit2981
10-25-2004, 04:10 PM
if thats how you see it, why is electing kerry such a bad choice if their plans are basically the same? i think their plans are different on a micro level, but the rhetoric is pretty much the same out of their pieholes.

Useruser666
10-25-2004, 04:15 PM
if thats how you see it, why is electing kerry such a bad choice if their plans are basically the same? i think their plans are different on a micro level, but the rhetoric is pretty much the same out of their pieholes.

Then you should just as well vote for Bush acording to your logic. Besides then we don't have to pay for moving expenses.

Bandit2981
10-25-2004, 04:28 PM
i dont agree with Bush on the majority of issues. the fact that kerrys plan and bushs plan for iraq are similar doesnt change that, but my point is that republicans are saying kerry has a plan of "defeat and retreat" in iraq, which obviously isnt true.

whottt
10-25-2004, 04:33 PM
i dont agree with Bush on the majority of issues. the fact that kerrys plan and bushs plan for iraq are similar doesnt change that, but my point is that republicans are saying kerry has a plan of "defeat and retreat" in iraq, which obviously isnt true.

And why isn't it true? I've been waiting for this....Enlighten me.

Bandit2981
10-25-2004, 04:35 PM
um, because they are both basically spouting the same plan to win in iraq?

JoeChalupa
10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
I can only guarantee that I didn't vote for Bush.

Useruser666
10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Uhhhh no.

whottt
10-25-2004, 04:45 PM
um, because they are both basically spouting the same plan to win in iraq?

Not true...One of them says this was a wrong war and advocates trying to use the UN alliances...the UN that did not want Saddam removed from power, the UN that was being bought by Saddam, the UN which had members of it's security counsel selling Iraq wapons. as the means to end this war.

History shows that Kerry knows absolutely nothing about winning a war, he has only lead us to losing a war.

To this very day...80 million Vietnamese live under a corrupt and murderous communist regime...And Kerry is proud of it. He's proud of his role in it.

Nearly 2 million Cambodians have been killed by that communist regime Kerry championed leaving in power...And the Cambodians are now say their horrible living conditions are going to be spawning terrorism.

Dimplomacy was tried for the last 60 years...it did not work.

The corrupt and despotic governments in the mid east are the cause of terrorism. As long as they remain in power, something Kerry will do and do happily as his history proves, terrorism will continue to prosper in the middle east.

Wake the fuck up Bandit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2004, 04:46 PM
The war on terror isn't just about Iraq. Similarly, it's not just about finding Osama. That's why Kerry would never get my vote. He doesn't seem capable of fighting a global war.

His stubborn insistence that we shouldn't have done anything else until we got Osama is just plain stupid. I can't even begin to think about voting for someone who thinks the war on terror is a linear process.

After today its even more reinforced to me, when Kerry starts talking about using our economic might and "values" to win the war on terror when we are dealing with a group of people where the only solution is going to be kill them or let them kill us.

Defeating AQ isn't about economic might or imposing our values on them, it's about putting in an express lane for all the dumbfucks who want to go to heaven and get their 72 virgins while fighting the "infidels".

JoeChalupa
10-25-2004, 04:53 PM
It is apparent to me that Bush isn't aware of all that is going on in Iraq and that is why I cannot vote for him.
But that is just me. Please don't hate me because I have common sense.

Clandestino
10-25-2004, 05:13 PM
It is apparent to me that Bush isn't aware of all that is going on in Iraq and that is why I cannot vote for him.

kerry isn't aware of shit..he doesn't even bother to attend security briefings bc he says he is too busy...

JoeChalupa
10-25-2004, 05:36 PM
He's "working hard" just like Dubya. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Applying common sense would lead to the conclusion if our troops on the ground don't know everything going on there, you could have Albert Einstein in the White House and it still wouldn't do him any good.

You want to bitch about human based on the ground intel, bitch about the fact that after the Cold War ended until 9/11 politicians on both sides of the aisle gutted the human intel side of our intelligence agencies in favor of cool little satellites 100 miles up.

Hook Dem
10-25-2004, 06:55 PM
If it is apparent to you Joe, maybe you should call 'ol George and enlighten him or just run for president yourself. By the way Joe, what is it that you are aware of and he is not? Do you have an intellegence source that should be shared?