PDA

View Full Version : To the most Bandwagon fans of all time

BUMP
08-31-2006, 07:55 AM
what will you guys do when USA and Argentina meet up in the finals?

root for Manu? root for USA? or just celebrate when one of them wins claiming you rooted for them the whole time :lol

smeagol
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Root for Argentina

Duuhhh . . .

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 08:05 AM
I root for Argentina ofcourse. I do not like the usa much.

SlovenianGuy
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll root for Spain :)

GrandeDavid
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
I'll root for USA but hope Manu and Oberto have decent, confidence-building games against the NBA All Stars which comprise Team USA, hopefully further helping them when the season starts. I'll also be hoping that Manu and Oberto stay healthy. But, yeah, I'm pulling for the team which represents my country, obviously.

ShoogarBear
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Gee, I don't know, what did the pussy Mav fans do when we played Germany?

angel_luv
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm rooting for Gino and Fabri. You can quote me. :)

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm rooting for Gino and Fabri. You can quote me. :)

Kamnik
08-31-2006, 09:46 AM
I root for Argentina ofcourse. I do not like the usa much.

same here

i like most of the Argentinian players and on the other hand i dont like super duper wunder kinds like bron bron or wade

only guy i really like (and his attitude toward the judges and their decisions) is Battier

others just seem to give a stupid look to every call going against them

BeerIsGood!
08-31-2006, 10:05 AM
same here

i like most of the Argentinian players and on the other hand i dont like super duper wunder kinds like bron bron or wade

only guy i really like (and his attitude toward the judges and their decisions) is Battier

others just seem to give a stupid look to every call going against them
Have you ever watched an NBA game? They all do that against the (judges?) refs. Even Manu, Nocioni, and every other player who plays in the NBA.

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Have you ever watched an NBA game? They all do that against the (judges?) refs. Even Manu, Nocioni, and every other player who plays in the NBA.

Stupid leauge

pussies and complainers

Texas_Ranger
08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Go Argentina Go

BeerIsGood!
08-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Stupid leauge

pussies and complainers

HAHAHA. Complainers they are, but still the best collection of basketball on the planet. The best Euros get to play there, and jump at the opportunity. If you hate the NBA, why in the hell are you on an NBA teams board? :lol :lol

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 10:15 AM
HAHAHA. Complainers they are, but still the best collection of basketball on the planet. The best Euros get to play there, and jump at the opportunity. If you hate the NBA, why in the hell are you on an NBA teams board? :lol :lol

I can read the NBA pussie fans, and then I know what is important in basketball.

Frankly speaking that was just an irony.

FromWayDowntown
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Mavs "fan" calling Spurs fans bandwagoners is rich.

CubanMustGo
08-31-2006, 10:26 AM

Especially one who joined the forum all of three weeks ago! :lol

MajorMike
08-31-2006, 10:26 AM
:lol

ggoose25
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
usa all the way

TDMVPDPOY
08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
argentina of course
the rest is history

nkdlunch
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
what happened to Tpark?

He'd be bitching at ppl for going against team USA but saying that we should have sent a kindergarden team because NBA teams own the players souls :lol

that kid cracks me up

Solid D
08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/features/perfectbump040920_1_175.jpg

BUMP's new avatar

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
what happened to Tpark?

He'd be bitching at ppl for going against team USA but saying that we should have sent a kindergarden team because NBA teams own the players souls :lol

that kid cracks me up

Somebody said "Run TPark run! and he run away

cheguevara
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM

root for Manu? root for USA? or just celebrate when one of them wins claiming you rooted for them the whole time :lol

I tell u what bandwagon fan won't be on the stands since Germany lost....

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/games/david-hasselhoff.jpg

14dave
08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't see Argentina and USA in Final but Spain against Greece!
But in the case it will be Argentina against USA, I will root for Argentina!

Ariel
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't see Argentina and USA in Final but Spain against Greece!
But in the case it will be Argentina against USA, I will root for Argentina!
Well, if your scenario were to come to fruition, then Argentina and USA would indeed be playing each other, only for 3rd place. And since Melo hates bronze medals and we wouldn't want him to pollute your lakes any further, we'd be happy to take it! ;)

BeerIsGood!
08-31-2006, 01:53 PM
I can read the NBA pussie fans, and then I know what is important in basketball.

Frankly speaking that was just an irony.
hmmmm..... What??

u2sarajevo
08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Gee, I don't know, what did the pussy Mav fans do when we played Germany?On d-m.com the majority put their vote for Germany. Unfortunately.

Personally I feel Country >>>>>>> any individual player.

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
hmmmm..... What??

Nothing - just nothing

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Do Mavs fans even know who Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman or Mark Aguirre are?

polandprzem
08-31-2006, 02:12 PM
mexico of europe

Hey man R U still here?

btw - do they have internet in prisons?

u2sarajevo
08-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Do Mavs fans even know who Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman or Mark Aguirre are?Why wouldn't we?

ShoogarBear
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
:lmao

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Why wouldn't we?

Because you're Mavs "fans"?

u2sarajevo
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Because you're Mavs "fans"?mmmmkay..... The players he names were Mavericks from the 80's. All of which I rooted for even when/if they moved on to other teams (with the exception of Mark Aguire for obvious reasons).

FromWayDowntown
08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman or Mark Aguirre are easy ones for Mavs fans, because the Mavericks were actually good when those guys were in Dallas.

The bigger test of Mavs fan is to name more than 4 players who were with the Mavericks in, say, 1992-93.

Mike Iuzzolino, baby!!

NBA Junkie
08-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Do Mavs fans even know who Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman or Mark Aguirre are?

I'm not a Mavs fan, but I do know that these were the last group of guys who got the Mavs into the playoffs in the late '80's until Cuban took over the team in 2000.

Decent team too. Nearly took out the Lakers in 1988.

Sec24Row7
08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Argentina all the way baby!

Screw the USA team and their treatment of Bowen, Pop... and Allen Iverson (who was passed over after being the ONLY star besides Timmy to show he was willing to keep his commitments last time)

NBA Junkie
08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm a patriot. USA all the way!

mavs>spurs2
08-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Gee, I don't know, what did the pussy Mav fans do when we played Germany?

I don't know what the "pussy" fans did, but I rooted for the USA.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM

I do, and I'm 16. :elephant

v2freak
08-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Indifferent

sprrs
08-31-2006, 04:30 PM
I will be rooting for the USA, but if they lose, at least it was to Manu and Fabri

nkdlunch
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Fuck the Nike Team headed by coack K(as in nike) and Lebronze

Sway
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Stupid leauge

pussies and complainers

Huh? Why are you on an NBA site if you think its a stupid league full of pussies and complainers?

Horry For 3!
08-31-2006, 05:39 PM
USA, U-S-A

Bruno
08-31-2006, 05:48 PM
:lmao at the lack of imagination of this mavs troll, pathetic :

Today at 2:17am :
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1178558&postcount=131

may i ask what team did the Mavs fans wanted to win U.S. or Dirk's? how unpatriotic (or funny?), it was it they cheered for Germany instead of their own.

Today at 7:55am :

Squid
08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I root for nobody.

BUMP
08-31-2006, 05:59 PM

its funny that most of the spurs fans here claim they live in the metroplex. so they're "lifelong" Spurs fans (since they won the championship in other words). hmmmmm... yep... bandwagoners.

this place will go nuts if Argentina wins.

this place will go nuts when USA wins.

its a joke

BUMP
08-31-2006, 06:15 PM

too easy.

i remember back when detlef "shrimp" was on our team for a run of three years when he was young.

Luscious Harris and Jason Kidd werent just teammates with the Nets, but were on our squad in the mid-90's (dont remember exact year). piece of shit current ESPN commentator Tim legler was on our team for 2 years. i remember the razzle dazzle style of Morlon Wiley who was my favorite player to watch. (currently work at his Top Achievers basketball camp, and talk to him when i attend a Mavs game as well before tipoff when he works with the players)

Popeye Jones was with Dallas in 03-04. everyone knows that, but exactly ten years before that he suited up and gave us great hustle points as most mavs fans know and was really a spark for our team. Jamal Mashburn's aratic career began in Dallas. Before Nowitzki our power forward was AC Green, smooth mid-range jump shooter and of course who could forget the excitement Hubert Davis brought when he stepped onto the court with his 3 point touch. he could always shoot you back into the game.

i would ask you to name any Spur before tehir championship won in 1999, but i know you probly cant so i wont embarrass you. hence, you guys are the most bandwagon fans in the NBA

Extra Stout
08-31-2006, 06:35 PM
i would ask you to name any Spur before tehir championship won in 1999, but i know you probly cant so i wont embarrass you. hence, you guys are the most bandwagon fans in the NBA
I even remember Zarko Paspalj.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Who you calling bandwagon fans, mofo?!

I've never come across a more dedicated and committed fan base than Spurs fans, and we're certainly not migratory. We bleed silver and black for life you ignorant piece of crap. :devil

Get that sheeeeit outta here!

milkyway21
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM

root for Manu? root for USA?
I know that many, if not all of die hard Mavs fans rooted for Dirk's Germany to win over JAW's(James, Anthony, Wade) team they don't want their man to lose again to the Heat player who embarrassed them in the finals(the memories still painful, i know the feeling:D).

from a fan of another country I want the U.S. to win. Basketball originated in America if I'm not mistaken let the U.S.regain the GLORY!

But, I don't mind Argentina winning the gold either. If there's one team i don't mind losing to, it's Manu/Oberto/Scola's team(all Spurs players).

Good luck to all! :madrun :madrun :madrun

NorCal510
08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
US of A

ShoogarBear
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I remember when there were no Dallas Mavericks.

Shit, I even know who the Dallas Chaparrals are.

Sway
08-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Team America...Fuck Yeah!

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 08:25 PM

Damn, you're old.

milkyway21
08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
if the U.S. team will choke this one well I expect more NBA superstars or big stars (maybe even Kobe) to beg-off the 2008 China Olympics again just like KG, Duncan. Who would go then? Arenas? Jo Johnson (again?).

whoa, I also want to see a great basketball matchup. I want to be entertained.

FromWayDowntown
08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
its funny that most of the spurs fans here claim they live in the metroplex. so they're "lifelong" Spurs fans (since they won the championship in other words). hmmmmm... yep... bandwagoners.

Sure, because it's absolutely impossible that someone might have grown up in San Antonio and relocated to the Metroplex for any number of reasons.

What I know is that a gigantic percentage of current Mavericks fans took turns dressing up as empty seats at Reunion Arena between 1990 and 2001. Assuming that they were even aware that the Metroplex had a professional basketball team -- the more likely truth, in my experience.

I don't dispute that there are bandwagon Spurs fans in this forum.

I'm sure you won't dispute that the number of bandwagon Mavericks fans is significantly higher than the number of bandwagon Spurs fans.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 10:39 PM
So this is a thread dedicated to see who has the most bandwagon fans?

Buddy Holly
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Bump laid the bait and you guys bit.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
I do, and I'm 16.

Yeah, I bit real hard.

thispego
08-31-2006, 11:09 PM
I know that many, if not all of die hard Mavs fans rooted for Dirk's Germany to win over JAW's(James, Anthony, Wade) team they don't want their man to lose again to the Heat player who embarrassed them in the finals(the memories still painful, i know the feeling:D).

from a fan of another country I want the U.S. to win. Basketball originated in American if I'm not mistaken let the U.S.regain the GLORY!

But, I don't mind Argentina winning the gold either. If there's one team i don't mind losing to, it's Manu/Oberto/Scola's team(all Spurs players).

well that's hardly accurate, but I agree that I'm watching in hopes of a Great match, may the best team win

milkyway21
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
well that's hardly accurate, but I agree that I'm watching in hopes of a Great match, may the best team winbec of Scola? well since the Spurs own the rights to Scola I just included his name :D but I agree not exactly accurate he's not in the NBA yet.

slayermin
09-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I will be rooting for the US but it wouldn't suck if Argentina wins it all.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-01-2006, 03:07 AM

Best thing they could've done was move out of that shitty city.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-01-2006, 03:10 AM

Pot, meet kettle.
Oh, and I won't embarrass YOU by listing players that were on the Spurs roster pre '99, so tuck your tail between your legs and run back to your Mavs board and tell them all over there that the mean old Spurs fans owned you yet again on their site.

BUMP
09-01-2006, 07:36 AM

from a fan of another country I want the U.S. to win. Basketball originated in America if I'm not mistaken let the U.S.regain the GLORY!

i was rooting for Germany to win the whole time cause Dirk was on there. i dont like the US cause they wont respect anybody. if Lebron or Wade dunks over somebody they just stare at them trying to start a fight. Arenas and Bruce whined when they were cut. and they always laugh when they do the salute to the crowd. its kind of disrespectful.

im probly gonna pull a Spur fan :lol and not watch the Finals in protest cause my team didnt make it :baby

(and the fact that its too early)

BUMP
09-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Pot, meet kettle.
Oh, and I won't embarrass YOU by listing players that were on the Spurs roster pre '99, so tuck your tail between your legs and run back to your Mavs board and tell them all over there that the mean old Spurs fans owned you yet again on their site.

owned? :lol

i got everyone mad in this thread. my work payed off.

like someone said, i laid the bait and everyone bit

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
m probly gonna pull a Spur fan and not watch the Finals in protest cause my team didnt make it

if you do that...then you are not a Spurs fan.

BgT
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Stupid topic by a stupid poster. Countries and league teams have nothing in common. It's two different things. It's like asking which do you like better, a heavy winter coat or a t-shirt. Well, it depends, doesn't it? Of course, if you are Mavs fan, you just wear a t-shirt whole year, because that's what Cuban does.

I really feel much better knowing there are Mavs fans on the planet, it makes me feel superior.