PDA

View Full Version : If the US Wins Gold, Who Will Be Their MVP?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't think they have an MVP Award but regardless, who will be the MVP?

My choice: Carmelo :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-31-2006, 04:44 PM
no doubt its Carmelo. He has only had one bad game and that was the last one where everyone was shooting bad

MrChug
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
As much as it hurts to say so far...yah, Carmelo.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
'Melo :elephant

ALVAREZ6
08-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Melo

Holy shit he can ball. Nugget fans oughta be real happy they have Melo, that guy is so confident and his success rate is so high, the guy can flat out play.

mavs>spurs2
08-31-2006, 07:25 PM
It's unanimous......

jacobdrj
09-01-2006, 01:32 AM
My stomach is churning just thinking about what I am about to say, but alas, it is tue...

Melo.

I hate him as a player, and have no love for him as a person, but he played with heart here, and put up stats too.

Maybe we will upgrade him from Big Dog 2.0 to Barclay 2.0... both did well in World Play with something to prove.. still will never win a title, doesn't play D, super aarogant, and a mismatch at the farward position...

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-01-2006, 06:34 AM
My stomach is churning just thinking about what I am about to say, but alas, it is tue...

Melo.

I hate him as a player, and have no love for him as a person, but he played with heart here, and put up stats too.

Maybe we will upgrade him from Big Dog 2.0 to Barclay 2.0... both did well in World Play with something to prove.. still will never win a title, doesn't play D, super aarogant, and a mismatch at the farward position...

:lol u have no idea do you? Dont tell me youve followed him closely or else you couldnt say any of those things.

As a nugget fan i have seen how good he is this last season and how much he is growing up. The rest of the world is just waking up to it now that he is going to be a stud in the NBA.

spurschick
09-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Guess the point is moot now.

Texas_Ranger
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
They will not win the gold, but MVP for USA is Melo.

jacobdrj
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
:lol u have no idea do you? Dont tell me youve followed him closely or else you couldnt say any of those things.

As a nugget fan i have seen how good he is this last season and how much he is growing up. The rest of the world is just waking up to it now that he is going to be a stud in the NBA.

Come back to me when he plays a lick of D in NBA play and you might have a point...

MrChug
09-01-2006, 11:29 AM
So tell me...did anyone in particular hurt us in the clutch?? Didn't see the game... :(

DarkReign
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
So tell me...did anyone in particular hurt us in the clutch?? Didn't see the game... :(

Nor did any other American without TiVo or a day job.

NBA >>>> WC

Didnt care when it started, certainly didnt care when it ended.

cheguevara
09-01-2006, 03:21 PM

I was not surprised to see USA lose. But I was surprised that with 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter, they had already lost. They commited every single mistake possible in that 2nd quarter and blew a 12 point lead. The Greeks picked US defense apart, it was a layup drill at one point, at other points the greeks hit from 3 in bunches. It was sad to see actually.

anyone in particular I would say the greek guards shooting from outside and baby shak the african-greek player don't know his name but he was abusing the US "big" men. Im looking forward to seeing him play in the NBA.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Come back to me when he plays a lick of D in NBA play and you might have a point...

again, you must not follow him. Ive seen him play great D last season. His D is improving but it dont matter coz people will still hate even if he amazingly became DPOY one year :lol

NBA Junkie
09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't think Carmelo is on the same level as Lebron or Wade.

I will say this- having another star player on the Nuggets would elevate his play tremendously. It would definitely take a lot of pressure off of him when he feels that he has to do too much.

Just look at how well he played when he had a couple of established stars playing next to him on team USA.