PDA

View Full Version : I blame each and every one of you for this

IcemanCometh
09-01-2006, 09:10 AM
You all suck as fans. Your strategies for supporting our team are inferior and you are at the root cause of all of our problems. Your inadequacies caused the Spurs to lose and have now done in the US team. The new season is almost upon us and you better get fucking ready for it. I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall the Spurs, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this forum; and then I do not forgive.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh shut up, you crybaby. :)

Stephen005
09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
You lot must be really shit.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
USA lost to Greece in the World Championship Semi's ! I think IcemanCometh should get a little less sugar in his diet...

Solid D
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
For every finger you point, there are 6,000+ pointing back at you.

CoolJol
09-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Everyone loses once in a while. Even Chelsea lost to Middlesborough last week! Who would have thought that would happen?!

dbestpro
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
The loss for this USA team is the same reason the last USA team lost and it has nothing to do with the fans. The team selection was suppose to be a collection of different talents so as to complement each other including bench players.

Arenas left the team because he wasn't given a chance to compete. He easily is the best shooter on the team. Bowen would have excelled in a bench role and if set up in the corner would have nailed the three.

Instead, the coaching staff stuck with the three pups of similar skills and big names and boom, here we are again.

If the USA wants to fix this thing, put Pop in charge and let him select the players. He'll bust the balls that need to be busted and get rid of the guys who won't play team ball. I have no doubt Pop could put a team together of players who were not even invited and easily win the whole thing present USA team included.

Point: It's the chemistry.

ALVAREZ6
09-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I think people take this too seriouisly, I mean when you think about it, prior to this game, USA was 7-0 in the tournament. Winning 8 in a row is a lot to ask for, even if the teams aren't as great. Eventually, you aren't gonna be in a hot shooting streak and a good team can beat you. It's not like they got blown out, they lost by 6, and sometimes this shit happens.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Its Arrogance... thinking that because they are big time USA Players the rest of the world will bow down to their dominance. Lessons should be learnt, as you will even have to go through the qualifying rounds for the Olympics now.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
It's funny that people condemned the Athens team as a bunch of whining me-first prima donnas but then invited three of the biggest offenders back for this team while blaming Iverson and Duncan for the bronze medal finish.

dbestpro
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Yeah, the people that put this team together said one thing and did another.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, the people that put this team together said one thing and did another. Absolutely

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Its Arrogance... thinking that because they are big time USA Players the rest of the world will bow down to their dominance.

who said this...proof please.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
who said this...proof please. Did you watch the game at all ? You could see that they were in the lead, started coasting and couldn't get back in the game again. Their own arrogance led them to believe they had already won. I am saying the USA team thought they were the better team, instead of going out there and proving it. I am calling the players arrogant, not the fans or the Nation.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Did you watch the game at all ? You could see that they were in the lead, started coasting and couldn't get back in the game again. Their own arrogance led them to believe they had already won. I am saying the USA team thought they were the better team, instead of going out there and proving it. I am calling the players arrogant, not the fans or the Nation.
So you have a post somewhere saying the same thing about Argentina, right?

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
So you have a post somewhere saying the same thing about Argentina, right? Don't be so daft... this is my first day posting here, and you really could do with a neutral point of view for a change.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
So you have a post somewhere saying the same thing about Argentina, right? How does Argentina come into the equation anyhow ?

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
How does Argentina come into the equation anyhow ?
Well you obviously got the two games mixed up, since the USA got the shit kicked out of them by an offense they couldn't stop and that wouldn't miss, and Argentina are the ones that coasted after getting out to a big lead. Do you know anything about sports or are you just here to pick fights? If the latter, I'll be perfectly happy to own your stupid ass whenever you'd like.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Well you obviously got the two games mixed up, since the USA got the shit kicked out of them by an offense they couldn't stop and that wouldn't miss, and Argentina are the ones that coasted after getting out to a big lead. Do you know anything about sports or are you just here to pick fights? If the latter, I'll be perfectly happy to own your stupid ass whenever you'd like. Here you go with your strange Homoerotic notion about wanting to own my Arse... an Ass is a Donkey by the way ! I am not picking a fight, you are just fucking touchy. I was talking about how the USA lost, Argentina DO NOT come into that equation at all. You were not playing Argentina, it was a completely different game. Just to remind you it was Greece that you played, and you should have had enough game to beat the Greeks !

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Well you obviously got the two games mixed up, since the USA got the shit kicked out of them by an offense they couldn't stop and that wouldn't miss, and Argentina are the ones that coasted after getting out to a big lead. Do you know anything about sports or are you just here to pick fights? If the latter, I'll be perfectly happy to own your stupid ass whenever you'd like.
coasted? WTF are you talking about? Do YOU know anything about anything? Argentina lost to Spain, one of the best teams in the world, and they only lost by 1 having trailed for most of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. They NEVER coasted. Yeah they started strong and gained a ten point advantage in the first 3 minutes, but one would have been a fool to think Spain was not going to wake up.

PS. Trust me, you're not owning anyone with these dumbass arguments

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Here you go with your strange Homoerotic notion about wanting to own my Arse... an Ass is a Donkey by the way ! I am not picking a fight, you are just fucking touchy. I was talking about how the USA lost, Argentina DO NOT come into that equation at all. You were not playing Argentina, it was a completely different game. Just to remind you it was Greece that you played, and you should have had enough game to beat the Greeks !
The writer of this post is correcting my English? :lol You write about as well as you read.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
The writer of this post is correcting my English? :lol You write about as well as you read. A yank telling an Englishman how to speak English :lol So now you TRY and pick a weakness at my English (at least it is, God knows what you're writing) As you can't see fault with the fact you should have beaten the Greeks !

Justin91
09-01-2006, 11:05 AM
coasted? WTF are you talking about? Do YOU know anything about anything? Argentina lost to Spain, one of the best teams in the world, and they only lost by 1 having trailed for most of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. They NEVER coasted. Yeah they started strong and gained a ten point advantage in the first 3 minutes, but one would have been a fool to think Spain was not going to wake up.

PS. Trust me, you're not owning anyone with these dumbass arguments nice to see there is someone else here with an IQ

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Did you watch the game at all ? You could see that they were in the lead, started coasting and couldn't get back in the game again. Their own arrogance led them to believe they had already won. I am saying the USA team thought they were the better team, instead of going out there and proving it. I am calling the players arrogant, not the fans or the Nation.

actually I did watch the game. I didn't see it the way you did. You didn't present facts, you presented an opinion. One that I disagreed with. You say the USA thought they were the better team. If Greece said that, are they arrogant? I don't have a problem with any team going into a game thinking they are better. Would you rather have a team going into a game saying "well we are not that good" if they did that, then the game is over before it starts. Just because you say they were coasting and you say they were arrogant, doesn't make it truth...just because I saw it a different way doesn't mean I am 100% right either. I saw a team that was confident in themselves and then got beat by a team that was playing better. You hate the USA..that's cool and that's your choice. All I am saying is that the actions of any players can be interpreted in more than one way.

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
A yank telling an Englishman how to speak English

what's wrong with that....we speaks English goodly over here! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not commenting on the USA vs Greece loss, I didn't watch that game, so I couldn't really tell why they lost, but don't come here and tell me Argentina lost because they didn't put the effort. Spain beat us, plain and simple. I'm actually very proud of the heart Argentina showed.

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I didn't watch that game, so I couldn't really tell why they lost, but don't come here and tell me the Argentina lost because they didn't put the effort. Spain beat us, plain and simple. I'm actually very proud of the heart Argentina showed.

I agree with you and you should be proud of Argentina's effort. My issue is, if I have the same pride in Team USA....I get labeled as either arrogant, being offended or being wrong for seeing the game a different way than others. Props to you, bro.

polandprzem
09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not commenting on the USA vs Greece loss, I didn't watch that game, so I couldn't really tell why they lost, but don't come here and tell me Argentina lost because they didn't put the effort. Spain beat us, plain and simple. I'm actually very proud of the heart Argentina showed.

Delfino screwd it.

And tell me why Hermann was playing so little

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I agree with you and you should be proud of Argentina's effort. My issue is, if I have the same pride in Team USA....I get labeled as either arrogant, being offended or being wrong for seeing the game a different way than others. Props to you, bro.
wasn't talking about you sam, I agree with what you said completely :tu

Justin91
actually I did watch the game. I didn't see it the way you did. You didn't present facts, you presented an opinion. One that I disagreed with. You say the USA thought they were the better team. If Greece said that, are they arrogant? I don't have a problem with any team going into a game thinking they are better. Would you rather have a team going into a game saying "well we are not that good" if they did that, then the game is over before it starts. Just because you say they were coasting and you say they were arrogant, doesn't make it truth...just because I saw it a different way doesn't mean I am 100% right either. I saw a team that was confident in themselves and then got beat by a team that was playing better. You hate the USA..that's cool and that's your choice. All I am saying is that the actions of any players can be interpreted in more than one way.
I never said I hated the USA... Infact the four years I spent playing College Basketball for the Jayhawks (Kansas) were some of the best days of my life. I just didn't see enough hussle on defense... some of those 3 pointers that were raining down could have been prevented. (In my opinion) :angel

Obstructed_View
I'm going to tell you that if someone says that the US got a big lead and coasted because they thought they were a superior team, then they should accuse Argentina of the exact same thing.

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
wasn't talking about you sam, I agree with what you said completely

I know bro...its all good. I was hoping that since the US messed up....Argentina could have pulled it out. It should be a fun game though.

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I just didn't see enough hussle on defense... some of those 3 pointers that were raining down could have been prevented. (In my opinion)

fair enough...and I agree.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm going to tell you that if someone says that the US got a big lead and coasted because they thought they were a superior team, then they should accuse Argentina of the exact same thing.
But you did sit back and absorb pressure ! I give up... I am not having a go at USA, just think they could have played a hell of a lot better !

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Did the US team coast? no? then why even make the comparison? All I know is Argentina didn't coast, they played their hearts out, and even though there might be some things they could have done a bit better, I give complete credit to Spain for not letting them.

Drive Like Jehu
09-01-2006, 11:17 AM
who said this...proof please.

The U.S. seemed in control after Joe Johnson's 3-pointer gave the Americans a 33-21 lead with about 6 1/2 minutes left in the second quarter. It was around then that James told his teammates on the bench: "They don't know what to do."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5748375&ft=1&f=1001

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
But you did sit back and absorb pressure ! I give up... I am not having a go at USA, just think they could have played a hell of a lot better !
They got butchered by pick and rolls, which they really hadn't seen run at anything approaching that level since the tournament began. They could have hit more free throws, or they could have made lucky shots. AFAIC, they got beat by far superior execution.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Did the US team coast? no? then why even make the comparison? All I know is Argentina didn't coast, they played their hearts out, and even though there might be some things they could have done a bit better, I give complete credit to Spain for not letting them.
Right. It's a stupid statement to make, and it was only made because the team got out to a double digit lead and lost it. Since Argentina did the exact same thing...

Are you figuring this out yet, or do I have to fucking spell it out?

polandprzem
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
How about the %? 53 to 30-something and stil Arg was able to win.

Spain was playing great D. Argentina had no inside presents after 1st Q. There was Wolkowyski with the rebounds but that was it.

Justin91
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Right. It's a stupid statement to make, and it was only made because the team got out to a double digit lead and lost it. Since Argentina did the exact same thing...

Are you figuring this out yet, or do I have to fucking spell it out? I am thinking that you're the type of person who is always right, even when proved wrong ? How were the USA butchered by pick and rolls exactly ? Most of the damage I saw came from the Arc...

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I am thinking that you're the type of person who is always right, even when proved wrong ?
I guess we'll find out if you ever prove me wrong.

How were the USA butchered by pick and rolls exactly ? Most of the damage I saw came from the Arc...
China and Puerto Rico hit more threes against the US than Greece did.

polandprzem
09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Those inside passes was fantastic :)
By Greece ofcourse

Obstructed_View
09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Those inside passes was fantastic :)
By Greece ofcourse
Really. It was great to watch. It was perfect fundamental basketball. If they missed a shot on the inside someone was in position to get the rebound or they'd draw the foul.

spursjustice
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Delfino screwd it.

And tell me why Hermann was playing so little

Agreed... picked up 3 quick fouls... hardly got any court time... even wasted Nocioni's drawn charge by fouling the Spanish player from behind during a critical moment of the game... wasn't this guy meant to be better than Manu?

polandprzem
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Really. It was great to watch. It was perfect fundamental basketball. If they missed a shot on the inside someone was in position to get the rebound or they'd draw the foul.

Yes and I was wondering why there was Krzyrzewski (polish name) and Boehim and D'Antoni. :huh

They did not (the usa ) used the zone but they were killed by zone plus no movenment of the ball. There was a little interior D no fastbreaks.
Some of the give and goes and short screens were great. Americans were fater but they did not used that weapon like Dream Team did it. Wel, Dream team was stronger (more phisical) had more power. To just fundamental weak international teams.

polandprzem
09-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Agreed... picked up 3 quick fouls... hardly got any court time... even wasted Nocioni's drawn charge by fouling the Spanish player from behind during a critical moment of the game... wasn't this guy meant to be better than Manu?

Well he is playing by emotions not his head and that was what burned him.

Sway
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Its Arrogance... thinking that because they are big time USA Players the rest of the world will bow down to their dominance. Lessons should be learnt, as you will even have to go through the qualifying rounds for the Olympics now.
This arrogance thing is getting old. Did you even watch the game? Team USA didn’t lose the game because they were arrogant. Is it possible that Greece was just the better team today and that is the reason they won? So the question I have for you is, was Team USA really arrogant or is this just your pent up anti-American feelings coming out?

Sway
09-01-2006, 12:06 PM

I know the feeling. Not a lot of love for Team USA here.

SpursWillOwn
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM

why should they accuse Argentina of the exact same thing? Argentina fought it back to 1 point, US? 6! 6 fucking points and Argentina should be accused of being arrogant.

spurschick
09-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Anybody notice that IceManCometh started the thread and then walked away? You've all played into his evil plans to cause discord. This isn't foreign policy intrigue, nor is it life or death. It's basketball.

milkyway21
09-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Anybody notice that IceManCometh started the thread and then walked away? You've all played into his evil plans to cause discord. This isn't foreign policy intrigue, nor is it life or death. It's basketball.i think IceManCometh shld blame Jonathan "Chow". He's made the word Greek a curse to us :lmao.
A lot made fun at him. Viola! now this is the result.

just kiddin Chow!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 04:29 AM
Anybody notice that IceManCometh started the thread and then walked away? You've all played into his evil plans to cause discord. This isn't foreign policy intrigue, nor is it life or death. It's basketball.
Yeah, half that post was just a send up to Don Vito. :lol