I am leaning to Lebronze living up to his name in this game :smokin

samikeyp
09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Lebronze....:lol

~Sweetmelody~
09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I am leaning to Lebronze living up to his name in this game :smokin

:lol

Whatever happens I bet it will be an exciting game.

SpursWillOwn
09-01-2006, 12:30 PM
i think it'll be a blow out either way.. dont make me eat crows if it turns out tight

BeerIsGood!
09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
USA wins this one. In a close game.

GO SPAIN!!!

spurschick
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
What's coming up? September 2: Third Place, Argentina vs United States

SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship) - Had you asked a number of people before the FIBA World Championship for their matchup for the final, many would have said the United States against Argentina.

Well, those observers got their much-anticipated game. Only it turned out being the bronze medal game in Japan.

Both Argentina and the United States now must bounce back from tough semi-final losses and suit up again less than 24 hours later.

The reigning Olympic champions Argentina lost a heart-breaker to Spain 75-74 as Andres Nocioni missed an open-look jumpshot with time winding down.

And Team USA couldn't hold a 12-point second quarter lead in losing 101-95 to the European champions Greece.

The approach for most of the players is just find enough energy and effort to grind it out one more time for the bronze medal.

"Each game is very important for us. We don't care what place we play for. We want to win every day. We want to get a bronze medal," Argentina coach Sergio Hernandez said.

"Both teams are very tired, but we don't care. If we need to play without our legs, that's what we are going to do, and we'll try to win."

Manu Ginobili, who scored a game-high 21 points in the semi-final loss but shot just six of 21, agreed with his coach.

"It's going to be really hard because we had a very tough game. We were so close making it to the finals. It's going to be hard for our heads to be ready to face a great team like the USA," said Ginobili, who missed the final in 2002 against Serbia & Montenegro with an injury.

"We can bounce back from this tournament. But from one game to another in less than 24 hours is not that easy, especially because it was such a big effort and we're all banged up. So, it's not going to be easy. But what the heck, it's just one game. Then we're going to have some rest."

Shane Battier gave a similar reponse: "Now we just want to come away from this with some hardware. But we're going to have to try our best."

The United States have won nine of their 13 Olympic or FIBA World Championship encounters with Argentina. But Argentina have captured the last two.

The South Americans knocked off Team USA 87-80 on the final day of the second round at the 2002 FIBA World Championship. That loss snapped the United States' 58-0 record while using NBA players at the Olympics or the FIBA World Championships.

Two years ago, Argentina beat the Americans again - this time 89-81 in the semi-finals as Team USA went on to capture the bronze medal.

"We're going to have to bounce back and play a lot better than we did tonight. That's for sure if we're going to win and bring home the bronze," Kirk Hinrich said. "There's a big picture here. We're getting ready for the (2008) Olympics, then at the same time we've got to come back tomorrow and send a message."

For the Americans to have a good chance, they must finally shoot better from the outside. Mike Krzyzewski's team made just 32 percent of their three-pointers in the semi-final loss to Greece - below their mark of 37 percent for the tournament.

The Argentineans for their part must find their shooting form. Sergio Hernandez's team made just 36 percent of their shots against Spain, lowering their average to 48 percent for the tournament.

The biggest key, however, could be which team is more mentally into the game.

And the Americans may have the advantage, knowing this tournament is the start of a process with the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics as the ultimate goal.

"This is a first step. We're not saying that we're crying over losing. No," Dwyane Wade said. "We wanted to win, and it didn't help. We have to try to win the next game."

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Shane Battier gave a similar reponse: "Now we just want to come away from this with some hardware. But we're going to have to try our best."

Their best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to Coach K's homeboy Battier getting lit up like the Fourth of July by Manu. The management of Team USA was and still is a joke.

Nikos
09-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Their best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to Coach K's homeboy Battier getting lit up like the Fourth of July by Manu. The management of Team USA was and still is a joke.

It hurts that Argentina lost -- I normally love watching them, and it is likely the Ginobili Era is over. But tommrow's game is pretty much pointless vs USA.

Sway
09-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Its going to be weird to root against Manu but I have to go for my team. Lets hope for a good game with no injuries. Go USA!!!

angel_luv
09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I was hoping Argentina would win today and I could root for the USA to get Bronze.
But since there is only one medal to be had, I hope Gino and Fabri get it.

Kori Ellis
09-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I think the US will lose. Carmelo is the only one playing with heart and he threw his lost Bronze medal in the ocean, so I don't think he wants another one. :lol

gus
09-01-2006, 03:47 PM
USA by 20

bigfan
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Have to hope ARG beats the crap out of the prima donnas. Go SPURS GO!

Cherry
09-01-2006, 06:04 PM
USA by 20

Hell no! :drunk

Marhq
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I think USA will win this one easily. Our players will be in bad shape, both mentally and physically.

Saludos.

smeagol
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Are they show in it on TV?

I can't find it.

Fuck ESPN!

Slomo
09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I think the US will lose. Carmelo is the only one playing with heart and he threw his lost Bronze medal in the ocean, so I don't think he wants another one. :lol:lol

I never liked Carmelo much, but in this tournament he has shown me a new side of him - not so much by how he played but how he approached the games and how he behaved on court.

Lebron on the other side...

ALVAREZ6
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I think USA will win this one easily. Our players will be in bad shape, both mentally and physically.

Saludos.
My thoughts exactly.

It's not even gonna be a good game to watch. 2 teams that came to Japan to win the gold, and now that they know that they're done, bronze doesn't mean shit.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Argentina by 1 because of Oberto! :nutkick:

ChumpDumper
09-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't know -- Chris Bosh sounds really hungry.

"I want to go home with something. Fourth place, I'll be walking home with a sandwich."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/news/story?id=2568543

V-2
09-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Argentina has no depth, Wolkowyski and Oberto are scrubs. It will be close though as long as their starting five can play close to 40 minutes. TeamUSA is deeper, but their psychology will be worse than that of Argentina's.

ALVAREZ6
09-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Argentina has no depth, Wolkowyski and Oberto are scrubs. It will be close though as long as their starting five can play close to 40 minutes. TeamUSA is deeper, but their psychology would be even lower than that of Argentina's.
I doubt that. I expect Lebron and Wade to ball it up now that the pressure is off them.

smeagol
09-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Argentina has no depth, Wolkowyski and Oberto are scrubs. It will be close though as long as their starting five can play close to 40 minutes. TeamUSA is deeper, but their psychology will be worse than that of Argentina's.
Wolkowyski and Oberto were in the last two Argentina teams that beat the US.

V-2
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
They're past their prime, Oberto at least because Wolkowyski had never had one.

spurschick
09-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Are they show in it on TV?

I can't find it.

Fuck ESPN!

It's not listed on my digital cable guide, but the nba.com listing says it will be televised on ESPN2. I can't seem to get into the espn guide online, so I can't check to see if it's there. http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide

V-2
09-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I think they said 6:30 ET on Saturday morning during the US-Greece game.

ca®lo
09-01-2006, 08:58 PM
go manu and oberto! go show em fabri!

boutons_
09-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Chrish Bosch showed some aggression and assertion I hadn't seen before.
Could he be finally turning into a full-blown Mr. Franchise? 4th year in NBA? sounds about right.

Will be interesting to see if Mitchell can pull the Raptors together.

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 01:07 AM
It doesn't even sound like Argentina is really all that motivated to play tommorow against the USA.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/coberturaEspecial/mundialBasquet/nota.asp?nota_id=836940&origen=acumulado&acumulado_id=131-2

I hope that people understand, that nothing protests to us
Emanuel Ginóbili For the NATION SAITAMA. - We made a great party, we were able to take the game to where we wanted, we obtained a closed end, we had the shot to win and one did not occur us. If it entered, now we would be festejando. That we are very sad, by all means bitter and to quarrel, but in básquetbol these things happen. If the last shot enters, you are going away to festejar: if it does not enter, podés not to sleep and hurts to you for a long time. I believe that both we made very well our work: they defending hard, closing themselves in the painting and treating to be unbalanced inside; we taking advantage of the spaces in the perimeter that they gave us and did not let them run. Both we fulfilled ours. For that reason it was an even and fought party until the end. In the last two minutes, when we were down in the tanteador, it was necessary to leave to kill or to die. For that reason we played so many one against one. Thus we arrived at last the second even ones. In the last ball of them the idea was to cut them with lack so that they had to go to the line of free and we to have the last ball. That way in NBA defendés that ball and buscás the equality. We decided to risk and he came out to us well, only whom the last shot did not enter. The idea was that I looked for the one against one, but knew beforehand that it was going it to have to happen because they always defend with four down. So when I was for the hoop and I saw that all were closed to me I looked for Chapu. The options were Chapu or Pepe, that was going to be open in the ends, free, because they were not going to be able to arrive with the defense. The tactical one was good because Pepe and Chapu have good shots, but did not enter. Equal, I am proud reason why we did. We did not need anything, except that triple. But already I said it: in básquetbol it happens followed very. Now, the motivations to fight by the bronze are not many, at least in my case. The truth is that I have desire to go me to my house. It is not the same to be there to fight by gold to the 48 hours that to play 24 by the bronze. Eye, that way later I think another thing, but you are emotionally not prepared and is a very complicated party. That way, for years, if we lost with the United States or Serbia and Montenegro a semifinal, to the other day we were to plenary session to fight by the third position, but now the blow hurts more, it has been different. We had the end there, within reach. To that it is necessary to add the wearing down and the bitterness to him. It is not going to be easy. I hope that people understand, that nothing protests to us. I believe that this group has gained the respect in spite of this and they go that is to say to understand to us.

milkyway21
09-02-2006, 02:18 AM
so what's the game plan for tonight? who do you think shld guard Manu. I'm asking bec there's another Argentinian who is playing so great lately-Nocioni and the US team clearly has "limited" resources in playing perimeter defense

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I think the US will lose. Carmelo is the only one playing with heart and he threw his lost Bronze medal in the ocean, so I don't think he wants another one. :lol

Did he really? :lol

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 02:27 AM
It doesn't even sound like Argentina is really all that motivated to play tommorow against the USA.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/coberturaEspecial/mundialBasquet/nota.asp?nota_id=836940&origen=acumulado&acumulado_id=131-2

I hope that people understand, that nothing protests to us
Emanuel Ginóbili For the NATION SAITAMA. - We made a great party, we were able to take the game to where we wanted, we obtained a closed end, we had the shot to win and one did not occur us. If it entered, now we would be festejando. That we are very sad, by all means bitter and to quarrel, but in básquetbol these things happen. If the last shot enters, you are going away to festejar: if it does not enter, podés not to sleep and hurts to you for a long time. I believe that both we made very well our work: they defending hard, closing themselves in the painting and treating to be unbalanced inside; we taking advantage of the spaces in the perimeter that they gave us and did not let them run. Both we fulfilled ours. For that reason it was an even and fought party until the end. In the last two minutes, when we were down in the tanteador, it was necessary to leave to kill or to die. For that reason we played so many one against one. Thus we arrived at last the second even ones. In the last ball of them the idea was to cut them with lack so that they had to go to the line of free and we to have the last ball. That way in NBA defendés that ball and buscás the equality. We decided to risk and he came out to us well, only whom the last shot did not enter. The idea was that I looked for the one against one, but knew beforehand that it was going it to have to happen because they always defend with four down. So when I was for the hoop and I saw that all were closed to me I looked for Chapu. The options were Chapu or Pepe, that was going to be open in the ends, free, because they were not going to be able to arrive with the defense. The tactical one was good because Pepe and Chapu have good shots, but did not enter. Equal, I am proud reason why we did. We did not need anything, except that triple. But already I said it: in básquetbol it happens followed very. Now, the motivations to fight by the bronze are not many, at least in my case. The truth is that I have desire to go me to my house. It is not the same to be there to fight by gold to the 48 hours that to play 24 by the bronze. Eye, that way later I think another thing, but you are emotionally not prepared and is a very complicated party. That way, for years, if we lost with the United States or Serbia and Montenegro a semifinal, to the other day we were to plenary session to fight by the third position, but now the blow hurts more, it has been different. We had the end there, within reach. To that it is necessary to add the wearing down and the bitterness to him. It is not going to be easy. I hope that people understand, that nothing protests to us. I believe that this group has gained the respect in spite of this and they go that is to say to understand to us.

I am staying up to watch Argentina win the bronze so they had better. :)

Kori Ellis
09-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Did he really? :lol

DENVER—Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony is featured in an underground DVD that is circulating in his home town of Baltimore, Md.

The DVD is called “Stop Snitching” and shows alleged drug dealers talking about what happens to people who cooperate with the police, and Anthony is standing next to one of them.

He is also seen on the DVD talking about his Olympic bronze medal and saying that he threw it in a lake. The man he stands next to later goes on to tell how he would take care of snitches by “putting a hole in their head.” However, Anthony does not appear to be taking part in that portion of the discussion.

The DVD is produced by an alleged drug dealer named Skinny Shuge.

Carmelo’s agent, Calvin Andrews, told 7SPORTS that Carmelo did not know he would be in the video.

“I don’t think he ever knew that this was going to be on a DVD and, if he did, I don’t think he would ever get involved with it or have any affiliation with it at all,” said Andrews.

Andrews said that Anthony grew up on the streets of Baltimore, where murders and drug deals happen often, but he doesn’t expect a lot of people to understand that type of environment.

“I just think he was hanging out with some guys that he probably knew growing up and was just hanging out … They got to talking and the last thing he was going to do is run away from it, so he just hung out with the guys. The last thing he thought is that it would be a production—a DVD selling in the streets,” Andrews said.

Anthony said he doesn’t remember taking part in such a discussion and doesn’t know how the DVD came about.

Baltimore police said that there appears to be nothing illegal in the video, although some people in the video are wanted for allegedly dealing drugs. The NBA said a response was unnecessary because there’s no apparent NBA or team violation.

Since then I believe he denied that he threw it in the lake and says that he has it put away in a safe or something.

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the article, Kori. :)

Since then I believe he denied that he threw it in the lake and says that he has it put away in a safe or something.

I hope he kept it... someday he may wish he had.

milkyway21
09-02-2006, 02:42 AM
winning a bronze is a prize possession.

he might be angry with that one because he didn't play much and got benched one time.

well, if he threw his Olympic Bronze he might want to do the same with this one if they win. This is just the WC.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:17 AM
in how many minutes does the game start?

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the article, Kori. :)

I hope he kept it... someday he may wish he had.

hey I think he is more popular with throwing the bronze to the lake then winning it

Slomo
09-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Good morning SA!

It's game time!

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:31 AM
All right Gino and Fabri- time to win! :)

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Good morning SA!

It's game time!

Good Morning Slomo!

Live stats somwhere?

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Good morning SA!

It's game time!

Dobro jutro! :)

Nice first play Gino and Fabri. :fro

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Dobro jutro! :)

jutro?

In polish it's tommorow

Slomo
09-02-2006, 05:39 AM
jutro=morning
jutri=tomorrow
:)

I don't know about live stats, it's on TV over here.

The US have yet to contest a shot.
9:17 Arg 5:10 left in the 1Q

carina_gino20
Argentina off to a hot start. 8-2.

angel_luv
Wow- Scola can play. I have never really gotten to see him before this.

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Scola's doing awesome

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:41 AM
chapu!!!

howard with a nice followup dunk

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 05:42 AM
jutro=morning
jutri=tomorrow
:)

I don't know about live stats, it's on TV over here.

The US have yet to contest a shot.
9:17 Arg 5:10 left in the 1Q

we've got shitty public tv you know.

You have to pay for watching sport. And you've got to pay a lot. At least to me :)

I've got the live stats

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:43 AM
this is the first complete game i'm able to see here..nice to see them playing well. hope they play all out for the bronze.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:43 AM
whoa..relax chapu..:lol

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Is the interior D looking as bad as it was against Greece?

And how about Carmelos face?

Good start Argentina

Leo_ARG
09-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Scola has 12 of the 21 points for ARG.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 05:46 AM
The commentators don't know what they're talking about.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:46 AM
manu from 3..no

lebron gets the ball, manu intercepts, Arg possession :lol

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Argentina with some sweet plays! :elephant

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:48 AM
The commentators don't know what they're talking about.

:lol which time?

The part about Argentina only playing so hard today because they are against the USA?

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:50 AM
nice trail job by delfino..

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
nice trail job by delfino..

heya Carina. :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
:lol which time?

The part about Argentina only playing so hard today because they are against the USA?
yeah , and yesterday they were all talking all about Nocioni. and then a minute later when they were listening in on the Argentina coach, they asked each other... "Who's Chapu?" "Yeah, I don't know who that is."

carina_gino20
heya Carina. :)

hi, angel! :angel
Vamos, Argentina!

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 05:55 AM
end of 1st Q, 27-21 Argentina
Chapu and Luis playing really well.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 05:56 AM
that was a pretty sweet move

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:58 AM
hi, angel! :angel
Vamos, Argentina!

:tu :D

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 05:59 AM
This is a little unrelated- but I hope Fabri keeps up his current hair cut.
It looks nice.

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Gino too for that matter. :)

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Gino's hair is growing a bit long now...mayve he'll grow it for this season? :spin

SequSpur
09-02-2006, 06:03 AM
all i know, is its got damn 2 early to be up watchin basketball......

Ginobili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/barkley_tnt_280.jpg

TMTTRIO
I think Manu needs to let his hair grow again. It seemed to really help him :lol

carina_gino20
nice move fabri..:spin

Leo_ARG
09-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Delfino!!
Big dunk.

angel_luv
Gino's hair is growing a bit long now...mayve he'll grow it for this season? :spin

We'll see, I guess. :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Damn! Where was that YESTERDAY DELFINO!?

carina_gino20
chris paul pickpocketing delfino :lol

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:05 AM

exactly...i was expecting more from him because he was playing so well during their warm-ups here.

Leo_ARG
09-02-2006, 06:05 AM

He was in foul trouble all the game.He couldn't get it going. :(

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:07 AM
delfino with another three. i think he has 10 now. james converts, and 1

carina_gino20
carlos with a dunk!

SequSpur
Lebron got away with that one....

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:08 AM
oh, no. Fabri with his 3rd foul...:depressed

SequSpur
09-02-2006, 06:09 AM
45 39 ARgentina

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:10 AM
dammit...wtf?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Lebron's been annoying in this tournament.

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Gino almost got that three to go in.

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:16 AM
lebron with 10pts , 5rb, 5asts already

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:18 AM
stupid refs

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Manu's not playing very good again with shooting :(

ponky
09-02-2006, 06:19 AM
what's the score and what quarter are they in already?...my cat's stuck up in the tree so i forgot about the game, dang!!!

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:20 AM
i'm sick of melo's face...

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Announcers are retarded- acting as if the Argentina coach did not know to sit Gino for these last few seconds.

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Oh my gosh they are still talking about them using Gino despite his three fouls...

manubili
09-02-2006, 06:23 AM
fiba refs are lousy

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:23 AM
i'm sick of melo's face...
Yeah, and Chris Paul's.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:24 AM
These announcers are crap.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:25 AM
and lebron's...

SequSpur
09-02-2006, 06:25 AM
50 49 USA at halftime

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:26 AM
US takes the lead at the half, 50-49

spurschick
09-02-2006, 06:28 AM
That last foul on Manu was bullshit. One think I really like FIBA is that the players decide the game, most of the time. Even though the refs in this tournament have had their moments, I still think that NBA refs are worse.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:28 AM
and lebron's...
and Coach K's...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:32 AM
That last foul on Manu was bullshit. One think I really like FIBA is that the players decide the game, most of the time. Even though the refs in this tournament have had their moments, I still think that NBA refs are worse.
yeah, no star treatment. NBA is horrible with that favoritism.

FIBA is relatively better because the refs are out to make bogus calls against everyone.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:33 AM

that foul on Wolkowyski was a phantom call...

ponky
09-02-2006, 06:34 AM
i can't believe i'm rooting for a spur...GINOOOOOOOOOOBILI!!!

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 06:36 AM
i can't believe i'm rooting for a spur...GINOOOOOOOOOOBILI!!!

:tu :)

ponky
09-02-2006, 06:40 AM
:tu :)

haha, i'm secretly happy because i really like ginobili when he plays fiba ball, it's very different than nba ball because of the refereeing...and he seems like a nice guy

not sure about at least one of those fouls on scola

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:44 AM
haha, i'm secretly happy because i really like ginobili when he plays fiba ball, it's very different than nba ball because of the refereeing...and he seems like a nice guy

not sure about at least one of those fouls on scola

he is..:angel

i like hearing the argentine fans singing that song...

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:46 AM
whoa...scola gets his fourth..wtf?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:49 AM
whoa...scola gets his fourth..wtf?
This game is crap compared to yesterday's officiating.

A lot of no calls in the other two games. This game everything is called for nothing, while blatant fouls are missed.

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:50 AM
too much fouls....!!!

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:52 AM
stupid foul calls!

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:53 AM
chapu -3 fouls
fabri -3 fouls
manu- 3 fouls
scola - 4 fouls

:pctoss

ponky
09-02-2006, 06:54 AM
foul differential is ridiculous, 11 for argentina compared to 24 for the u.s.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
this game is ridiculous.

polandprzem
Argentina had a tougher team in the semis then the States. They are flatting out

TMTTRIO
ugh! too many foul calls :pctoss. Pretty soon everyone will be fouled out on Argentina

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:55 AM
i guess foul troubles are too much for argentina...

carina_gino20
argentina's offense is not going smooth and they are getting the bad end of calls...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Manu with 2 Fouls in the first half is A HUGE DIFFERENCE FOR ARGENTINA. He should have never had that 3rd foul

polandprzem
:pctoss

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:56 AM
what a pity for argentina.....refs decide the game, not the players

polandprzem
wtf?
tf?
f?

carina_gino20
shit...

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 06:57 AM
fabri with 4 fouls too. how the hell are they supposed to stay in the game with their players in foul trouble?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 06:58 AM
man Nociioni got fouled on that last play

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 06:59 AM
refs decide the game, not the players

TMTTRIO
this is pretty pathetic. In a couple of minutes the whole Argentina team is going to be fouled out.

Cherry
WTF??!!

The refs play for Bronce medal :madrun :rolleyes :drunk

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:01 AM
too much one on one on argentine offense..a bit hesitant too.

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 07:02 AM
damn refs! damn you refs!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:02 AM
how young is wolfawitzki?

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 07:03 AM
did they even play Manu in the third?

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:03 AM
^wolkowyski? i don't think he's young....he was, after all, the first argentine in the NBA

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:06 AM

no

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:06 AM
oh, i thoguht cuz he was missing his freethrows he was inexperienced or something. This game is hard to watch.

manubili
09-02-2006, 07:07 AM
This game had little meaning from the start, the refs did the rest. I give up.
Give the medal to the japanese anouncer who shouts DWAAAAYNE WAAADE, as if he was in miami!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I think the coach is questionable. He should have played some. He did this YESTERDAY Sat Manu out prematurely for a long stretch when Argentina had the cushion lead. Spain started to catch up.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:09 AM
fuckin' announcers thinks every teammate is ginobili!

They thought Sanchez was Ginobili, when Ginobili passed him the ball on the fast break.

Yesterday, they called one of the younger subs ginobili.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:09 AM
great...chapu gets murdered under the basket, no call

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:10 AM
great...chapu gets murdered under the basket, no call
yeah that happened like 3 times!

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:11 AM
this is too much...:pctoss the refs are all loonies

spursparker9
09-02-2006, 07:11 AM
fuck the refs and the jap announcer

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
gino has been too much a non-factor in this game...bad shooting and foul trouble..

polandprzem
09-02-2006, 07:15 AM
It's over

An upset for argentina!

:depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:16 AM
now the ref bitches hold their whistles. It coulda been a lot better if they did this for the first 3 quarters!

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:16 AM
manu forcing his way to the hoop...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:17 AM
gino has been too much a non-factor in this game...bad shooting and foul trouble..
Coach shoulda put him in in the third.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:18 AM

after this one, i won't see manu again til november

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 07:18 AM
that's what I was thinking because he's trying to do it all now in the fourth when it's too late.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:19 AM

after this one, i won't see manu again til november

I hope he takes his revenge on the refs and the league from this experience.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:19 AM
I hope he takes his revenge on the refs and the league from this experience.

nah...i don't think manu bears grudges. i just wanted to see him play well.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:20 AM
that's what I was thinking because he's trying to do it all now in the fourth when it's too late.
Too little too late. The Argentine players offense collapsed without him. He still a leader in bringing the energy. Coach made dumb decision sitting him a WHOLE quarter.

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 07:21 AM
finally they got to be physical out there without a foul being called

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
nah...i don't think manu bears grudges. i just wanted to see him play well.
yeah I know . but he did say something about Vengeance in that one article.

carina_gino20
i saw that when they played here..coach sat him a whole quarter and everything went downhill.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
imagine if Manu got 5 minutes more playing time earlier. He could have drawn more fouls on the U.S. team.

Cherry
09-02-2006, 07:22 AM
The argentinians are singing loudy in the stadium. They are pround :cheer :spin

carina_gino20
yeah I know . but he did say something about Vengeance in that one article.

let's settle for motivation then..:lol

carina_gino20
that is beautiful.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:23 AM
i saw that when they played here..coach sat him a whole quarter and everything went downhill.
How come the coaches undermine Manu's unquantifiable energy? Geez. He's a momentum changer.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Ah well. Let Melo and Lebron have their bronze medals.

ponky
09-02-2006, 07:25 AM
bah, this game was not very exciting and now with gasol out for the final, neither will tomorrow's game be unless spain can find a way to win without him

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:25 AM
because of the stupid refs, the game became an NBA highlight reel.:pctoss

angel_luv
09-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Great tournament still Gino and Fabri. :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah what a lousy win. There's no excuse for that poor display of officiating. Ruins the game for both teams.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I wanna say good game, but it sucked ass. Yesterday's were much better.

Cherry
09-02-2006, 07:29 AM

Spectacular slam dunks and bad calls. I´m upset :depressed

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
random question: has farabello played much in the tournament? i liked his style and actually think he's better than prigioni.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
let's settle for motivation then..:lol
Agreed :lol

Damn, two whole months before Spurs basketball begins.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Agreed :lol

Damn, two whole months before Spurs basketball begins.

exactly...:depressed

now i have to do the whole 5 stages of grief (not exactly) again...

last may and then now...

nothing but school for me for the next two months...:depressed

spurschick
09-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Training camp in Paris starts in a month. Maybe NBA TV will decide to show the two preseason games in Europe.

carina_gino20
09-02-2006, 07:48 AM
i still don't get NBA TV here...oh, well... have a nice summer gino

mavsfan1000
09-02-2006, 07:49 AM
USA owned Argentina in this game. Unfortunately this USA team can't find consistency game by game. When they're on they are unbeatable but when they're off than teams like Greece, Spain, and Argentina can beat them.

TMTTRIO
09-02-2006, 07:51 AM
I still don't know why they didn't go ahead and use Manu some in the third when Argentina was still pretty close on the scoreboard then to bring him in the fourth where it already became a 11 point lead. He really hasn't played much in any of the tournament games. I know he hasn't shot well but he is a momentum changer which is what they were missing. I felt like I was watching the playoffs again with all the bad calls. It seemed like since the refs were not letting them get a little physical with them and all the calls were kind of rediculous. I think the officiating did get into Argentina's head. They pretty much looked like they just stopped playing once they were getting all those calls to go against them. Oh well, I know Manu admitted that he wasn't as motivated for this game going for the bronze medal and that he'd rather just go home. After this tournament, I wonder if Manu's considering retiring from international competition or if he's going to continue even though he's pretty much won it all except this one?

beirmeistr
09-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Not a fun game to watch. Too many fouls called by refs. Too bad the Argentines did not have their Olympic coach. He was a better motivator and a better strategist than the current coach. But a win is a win for the US. I wonder what the results would have been for the US in this tournament if D'Antoni had been the head coach. They might have won gold.

Cherry
09-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I still don't know why they didn't go ahead and use Manu some in the third when Argentina was still pretty close on the scoreboard then to bring him in the fourth where it already became a 11 point lead.

Fouls fouls and more fouls.

After this tournament, I wonder if Manu's considering retiring from international competition or if he's going to continue even though he's pretty much won it all except this one?

I wonder the same. Manu think about this. I hope he continue to the 2008 olympics.

Amarelooms
09-02-2006, 08:40 AM
damn refs! damn you refs!

Haha as usual Spurs fan complaining about the refs but when the Mavs got SCREWED by the refs in the finals Spurs homers say "Stop whinning", "Refs don't decide games", "Mavs suck". Carry on homers lol.

Cherry
09-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Haha as usual Spurs fan complaining about the refs but when the Mavs got SCREWED by the refs in the finals Spurs homers say "Stop whinning", "Refs don't decide games", "Mavs suck". Carry on homers lol.

This was an ugly third place game fot both teams anyway, but the refs make it worst for all us :lol

velik_m
09-02-2006, 09:27 AM
USA owned Argentina in this game. Unfortunately this USA team can't find consistency game by game. When they're on they are unbeatable but when they're off than teams like Greece, Spain, and Argentina can beat them.

more like the refs owned Argentina in this game. The refs were incredibly pro-USA in this tournament. I've never seen so much travelling in basketball games, at times you had to wonder why the USA players bothered to drible, they were not going to get called for it anyway.

Sway
09-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I just finished watching the game and actually thought it was a good physical game. The Argentineans played hard and represented their country very well. Nothing to be ashamed about, the USA was just the better team today.

spurschick
09-02-2006, 10:34 AM
They still don't look too excited. I wonder if Carmelo will throw his medal into the ocean again.

http://www.spurschick.com/usa.jpg

Sway
09-02-2006, 10:41 AM
They still don't look too excited. I wonder if Carmelo will throw his medal into the ocean again.

If they are too excited (celebrate) then they dont have any class. But, if they dont look excited enough then they dont care enough. These guys cant win.

spurschick
09-02-2006, 10:56 AM
If they are too excited (celebrate) then they dont have any class. But, if they dont look excited enough then they dont care enough. These guys cant win.

Why wouldn't they have class for being too excited or celebrating? This was the first year of their so-called retooling and they medaled. I think they should be thrilled. I'd love to see them jumping on eachother like Spain or Greece did when they advanced.

Phenomanul
09-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't know if this has been said already....

The back-to-back effect on Manu's game was obvious....

Sway
09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Why wouldn't they have class for being too excited or celebrating? This was the first year of their so-called retooling and they medaled. I think they should be thrilled. I'd love to see them jumping on eachother like Spain or Greece did when they advanced.

If Team USA jumped on each other like Spain or Greece you know the haters would say, “Oh that’s poor sportsmanship.” They get flack for just “saluting” during celebrations even though that started off as a “salute to the troops.” All I am saying is that in some peoples eyes these guys are always wrong not matter what they do.

spurschick
09-02-2006, 11:24 AM
If Team USA jumped on each other like Spain or Greece you know the haters would say, “Oh that’s poor sportsmanship.” They get flack for just “saluting” during celebrations even though that started off as a “salute to the troops.” All I am saying is that in some peoples eyes these guys are always wrong not matter what they do.

Some peoples. Not everybodys.

Sway
09-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Some peoples. Not everybodys.

:tu

You are 100% correct.

spurschick
09-02-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't know if this has been said already....
The back-to-back effect on Manu's game was obvious....

Maybe, but I thought he and the rest of the team looked great in the first quarter. Some of those passes were just sick. As the game went on though, I became more concerned with Fabricio's ball handling and turnovers. He's had a decent tournament, but that seemed to take a nosedive once he was faced with NBA players again.

SequSpur
09-02-2006, 11:37 AM
What I saw was an Argentina team being very aggressive and the refs weren't going to have any of that. Then the US took over like they were supposed 2.

Scola and Manu being sent to the bench with fouls finished them off.

Phenomanul
09-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe, but I thought he and the rest of the team looked great in the first quarter. Some of those passes were just sick. As the game went on though, I became more concerned with Fabricio's ball handling and turnovers. He's had a decent tournament, but that seemed to take a nosedive once he was faced with NBA players again.

I did notice several argentine players missed wide open shots generated by Manu kick-outs....

Plus his absence during the entire 3rd Quarter didn't help.

NorCal510
09-02-2006, 11:41 AM
U.S. let me down, if they were paid to play, they'd be gold medalists.

gus
09-02-2006, 11:50 AM

A couple of things.

According to postgame in Argentina Radio.

Manu was injured and still played, same with Pepe Sanchez.

Argentina run off of gas after the 1st Q and couldn't stand the physical advantage of USA ( That it evident even when Argentina is rested )

That they were pretty depressed after loss to Spain.

Gus

Sway
09-02-2006, 11:59 AM
A couple of things.

According to postgame in Argentina Radio.

Manu was injured and still played, same with Pepe Sanchez.

Argentina run off of gas after the 1st Q and couldn't stand the physical advantage of USA ( That it evident even when Argentina is rested )

That they were pretty depressed after loss to Spain.

Gus

I have to give props to the Argentinean team. They showed a lot of heart. Gino and Pepe playing hurt is even more proof of that.

Kori Ellis
09-02-2006, 12:07 PM
What's wrong with Manu?

mavsfan1000
09-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I saw Manu hurt his wrist against Spain. He was fine to play that game so I think he was just tired.

Cherry
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
What's wrong with Manu?

Some pain on his left arm i think. that´s all (i hope)

mabber
09-02-2006, 01:24 PM

Nice to see & hear the fans at the game having a good time. Hopefully, they're just enjoying everything and not still bitching about the refs like most of you have been. This thread has been pathetic. Spur's fans dis Mav fans for complaining about refs but then I read this thread...unbelievable :lol

Texas_Ranger
09-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Congratulations for the bronze USA.

SequSpur
09-02-2006, 01:46 PM
What's wrong with Manu?

Nothing, that's the way he is.

danyel
09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Congrats USA for the win and the medal.

spurschick
09-02-2006, 03:14 PM
ARG - Tired Argentina fail to execute down the stretch

SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship) - Argentina guards Manu Ginobili and Pepe Sanchez admitted that the reigning Olympic champions were tired and failed to execute down the stretch of their 96-81 loss to the United States.

"We were not there. Our strategy was there but we didn't execute for the first time in this whole FIBA World Championship," Ginobili said.

"We tried our best, but it wasnt enough against a great team like them."

Sanchez added: "We played hard but we ran out of energy in the second half. Playing back to back is hard."

Ginobili, who led Argentina to the 2004 Olympic crown in Athens and missed the 2002 FIBA World Championship final with an injury, said the team was still down following their heart-breaking 75-74 loss to Spain in the semi-finals.

"Of course it's hard. You always want to go back home with something. But I'm way more disappointed about yesterday," he said.

"Even though we came for a medal, we were so close to getting a chance at gold that it's hard to be disappointed about not getting a bronze. I'm still upset from yesterday."

When asked how they tried to beat Team USA, Sanchez said: "We tried to get them to play FIBA style of basketball but they went on a great run."

"We tried to slow down the game a bit and make them play FIBA style of play and we did that for a while but then they came out in the second half and had a great run," Sanchez continued.

"It’s difficult for Team USA to play international basketball. They’re used to different rules and not used to so much contact. It’s a different kind of basketball altogether and it’s very hard to adjust. But today they played great. They made their open shots."

xamila rey
09-02-2006, 03:49 PM
i donno if this article was post already.
Poor manu he thinks people could be mad at the team,
no way, i am very proud to have NT with the heart and passion that they have.
Manu things will get better, dont worry.

Espero que la gente entienda, que no nos reclame nada.
por Manu / 02-09-06

Hicimos un gran partido, conseguimos llevar el juego a donde queríamos, logramos un final cerrado, tuvimos el tiro para ganar y no se nos dio. Si entraba, ahora estaríamos festejando. Por supuesto que estamos muy tristes, amargados y con bronca, pero en el básquetbol suceden estas cosas. Si el último tiro entra, te vas a festejar: si no entra, no podés dormir y te duele por mucho tiempo.

Creo que los dos hicimos muy bien nuestro trabajo: ellos defendiendo duro, cerrándose en la pintura y tratando se desequilibrar adentro; nosotros aprovechando los espacios en el perímetro que nos daban y no los dejamos correr. Los dos cumplimos con lo nuestro. Por eso fue un partido parejo y luchado hasta el final.

En los últimos dos minutos, cuando estábamos abajo en el tanteador, hubo que salir a matar o morir. Por eso jugamos tantos uno contra uno. Así llegamos a los últimos segundos igualados. En la última pelota de ellos la idea era cortarlos con falta para que tuvieran que ir a la línea de libres y nosotros tener la última pelota. Por ahí en la NBA defendés esa bola y buscás la igualdad. Nosotros decidimos arriesgar y nos salió bien, sólo que no entró el último tiro.

La idea era que yo buscara el uno contra uno, pero sabía de antemano que la iba a tener que pasar porque ellos siempre defienden con cuatro abajo. Así que cuando fui para el aro y vi que todos se me cerraban busqué a Chapu. Las opciones eran Chapu o Pepe, que iban a estar abiertos en las puntas, libres, porque ellos no iban a poder llegar con la defensa. La táctica era buena porque Pepe y Chapu tienen buenos tiros, pero no entró.

Igual, estoy orgulloso por lo que hicimos. No nos faltó nada, excepto ese triple. Pero ya lo dije: en el básquetbol pasa muy seguido.

Ahora, las motivaciones para luchar por el bronce no son muchas, al menos en mi caso. La verdad es que tengo ganas de irme a mi casa. No es lo mismo estar ahí de luchar por el oro a las 48 horas que jugar a las 24 por el bronce. Ojo, por ahí más tarde pienso otra cosa, pero emocionalmente no estás preparado y es un partido muy complicado. Por ahí, hace unos años, si perdíamos con Estados Unidos o Serbia y Montenegro una semifinal, al otro día estábamos a pleno para pelear por el tercer puesto, pero ahora el golpe duele más, es diferente. Teníamos la final ahí, al alcance de la mano. A eso hay que agregarle el desgaste y la amargura. No va a ser fácil.

Espero que la gente entienda, que no nos reclame nada. Creo que este grupo se ha ganado el respeto a pesar de esto y nos van a saber entender.

manu

http://argentina.manuginobili.com/

adidas11
09-02-2006, 05:22 PM

What an idiotic, immature, and ignorant post.

Anyhow, congratulations on winning the Bronze medal Team USA. I think we saw some very good progress in this tournament, and hopefully we can build on it.

Spurologist
09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
USA just loves the Bronze. Maybe they are making them look better than the Gold.

TheWriter
09-02-2006, 05:57 PM

Chris Paul = 6'0

Kirk Hinirich = 6'3?? :lol

Spurologist
09-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Chris Paul = 6'0

Kirk Hinirich = 6'3?? :lol

That looks about right. Mike D'antoni was 6'3 in his playing days. Maybe that's wrong.

It's AI's height the nba has wrong. If AI is 6'0, I'm 6'3.