PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Honor Video

Clandestino
10-25-2004, 10:00 PM
http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/stolenhonor.wmv

Nbadan
10-25-2004, 11:10 PM
:sleep

I watched this stupid documentary. It's like a hour long swift boat ad with nothing new of significance to add.

Marcus Bryant
10-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Sounds like F9/11 and every thought you've posted in this forum.

whottt
10-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Fucking AAAAAAAAAAAAAA...That was some good stuff there babyyyyyyyy. And here I was thinking they didn't make films like that anymore. I half exprected John Wayne or William Holden to give their account of Kerry selling htem out. Damn, it was the most dignity I have ever seen given to veterans of Vietnam on film, just this one time they weren't all portrayed like a bunch of drugged out psychos... It was nice to see the good guys finally get to speak out on Vietnam...

LOL and even sweeter was Bud Day calling him a traitor. LMAO I had a feeling Bud was going to say something like that.

Like I said earlier...Kerry needs to be glad Audie Murphy and MacAuthur are dead...

I have my own anecdote...I grew up in a neighborhood in Austin that was a popular neighborhood for Vietnam Veterans finishing out their careers at Bergstrom AFB. I have never met one of them that matched the image portrayed in virtually every film on Vietnam. These guys in my neighborhood were bad asses, clean cut...typical old school military man. In fact my next door neighbor was entering triathalons into his 50's...Me and my friends would go out to smoke pot and cruise around, drive down to town lake etc... and that MOFO would be leaving his house..a few hours later we'd see him humping it down on townlake..a good 20 miles from where we lived,..we'd be like fuck...that dude is insane.

I didn't always like these guys(because I was the drugged out psycho/pot smoking punk, and they knew it)...but I never got the impression they were a bunch of baby killers...and they turned out to be right about drugs as well.

Nbadan
10-26-2004, 01:49 AM
and even sweeter was Bud Day calling him a traitor

With all due respect to Bud Day, he knows not with whom he sleeps. His intentions maybe honorable, as Kerry intentions were when he was negotiating the release of POW/MIA's in Vietnam, but as we have seen, even good intentions can come back and haunt you later in life.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Bud Day slept with the Viet Cong for years. I think he knows a bit more than your nosy self does.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I haven't watched F-9/11 and I'm not going to watch this either.

Clandestino
10-26-2004, 10:24 AM
this actually is a documentary...it is about 80% just recollections of former pows time in captivity..

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:35 AM
I thought F-9/11 was a documentary.
Isn't that why he won an Oscar or Golden Globe or whatever it was?

Clandestino
10-26-2004, 10:42 AM
I thought F-9/11 was a documentary.
Isn't that why he won an Oscar or Golden Globe or whatever it was?

movie awards don't mean anything... and his movie has since been found to be almost entirely false. or at least the majority of things taken out of context...

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Like I said, I haven't watched it all but the parts that I did see seemed to be real footage unless it was doctored.
But I also know that much of the swift boat ads have been dubunked too.
But to each his own I guess.

Clandestino
10-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Like I said, I haven't watched it all but the parts that I did see seemed to be real footage unless it was doctored.
But I also know that much of the swift boat ads have been dubunked too.
But to each his own I guess.

no, the footage was real, but they were taken out of context...

anyway, one good point in the video was that john kerry claimed (the senate hearing) all the soldiers in vietnam were war criminals... but he claims he is war hero now...so is he a war criminal or a war hero?

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
A criminal war hero? I don't know.

Nbadan
10-26-2004, 11:47 AM
anyway, one good point in the video was that john kerry claimed (the senate hearing) all the soldiers in vietnam were war criminals...

Talk about a point taken out of context, and one of the major problems with Stolen Honor, the documentary - Kerry never claimed that all soldiers in Vietam were war criminals'. For the most part, he exempted most soldiers as merely following misguided orders from out-of-the-loop superiors.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 11:57 AM
He painted American war crimes as being rampant, not isolated. For the most part he gave the Viet Cong the PR effort they could have only dreamed about in the United States.

But you don't care, because all you want is someone else to pay for your kids. Fuck you.

Nbadan
10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
But you don't care, because all you want is someone else to pay for your kids. Fuck you.

Don't you have to have a job first? That's right let that right-wing hate out.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Um, I have a job. You're slipping if you haven't figured that out.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Damn, was that "fuck you" meant for me?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Oh well, nothing like a nice sensible discussion.

Clandestino
10-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Damn, was that "fuck you" meant for me?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Oh well, nothing like a nice sensible discussion.

haha...but i think he meant it for nbadan...