PDA

View Full Version : D. Davis Out For Season

emo serb
09-02-2006, 04:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-texans-davis&prov=ap&type=lgns

Davis placed on injured reserve

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Texans placed running back Domanick Davis on injured reserve Saturday, ending his 2006 season.

Davis, Houston's top rusher for the last three seasons, has been out for a month with a bone bruise that is causing soreness in his knee.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak decided that putting him on injured reserve would be the right thing for the team, but isn't happy about the decision.

"He's done everything he can do," Kubiak said. "It's been disappointing for him and disappointing for everybody."

Davis, who has 3,195 yards and 23 touchdowns in three NFL seasons, said it was somewhat of a relief that a decision has been made and that he plans to continue his rehabilitation.

"It's sad I won't be here in light of what is going on, because I feel that the team is going to be very good this season," he said. "I'd love to be part of it, but right now I have to get myself together. I'm glad they supported me. They felt good about what I have done in the past and what I can do."

Davis rushed for 976 yards last season despite missing six games before undergoing arthroscopic surgery in December after his knee swelled and ached each time he played. Team officials have said his current injury is unrelated to that injury.

The Texans are now left with three inexperienced running backs, rookies Wali Lundy and Chris Taylor and second-year player Vernand Morency. Kubiak has said Lundy will be the starter in Houston's opener against Philadelphia.

Also Saturday, the Texans released veteran tackle Seth Wand to get down to the NFL-required 53-man roster.

---

And they could have had Reggie...

Horry For 3!
09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I didn't think D. Davis would play this year cause of his knee, I was right. Sucks though because when he is healthy, he is a very good back.

Phil Hellmuth
09-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Don't sign reggie.

Starting RB goes out.

Makes sense.

Dr. Evil
09-03-2006, 12:28 AM
:smokin

midgetonadonkey
09-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Wali Lundy will make all Texans fans forget about Davis.

Dre_7
09-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, good thing they got Mr Mario Williams. That will really help in the running game. :lol

Horry For 3!
09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
I had d.davis and morency on my fantasy team.....I quickly dropped d. davis and added lundy.

you guys I now have lundy, barber and morency. I think I will score more points with lundy and morency than with baber.....what do you guys think?
Barber >>>>> Lundy + Morency

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I had three drafts and I picked up Lundy with my pick in the last round in all three :hat

Life is good.